on the horizon
[html]
Thread Information
Date: 04MAR2011

Setting: Cercatori d'Arte→Hunting Lodge

Time: Mid-morning, early afternoon.

Character Form: Optime

Another trek through the world of Cercatori d'Arte. Krystalle was determined to familiarize herself with every inch of her new home, not just the borders or Mars' home. Dragging herself from her bed, the Californian mutt donned the humanized clothing that she wore to keep out the cold, making her way outside to greet the world. She'd slept late, and as she grabbed her bag of books and book-making materials, she realized that she would have to work harder to make up for lost time. Her feet found the snow with a wrinkle of her nose and a huffing sound. "Ai! Cold!" she hissed, shaking her toes free of the frozen water.

Thornbury was easy to navigate now that she'd lived there for a few days, and she made it into the rest of the pack lands quickly and efficiently. Before, she'd headed to the south, toward the large tree that stood at the border. This time, she went north. Her pink eyes scanned the area carefully and curiously, searching for anything that could be considered useful. The appearance of a large building drew her attention away from her task, surprise registering on her face. It was something she hadn't noticed before. Naturally, she grew curious, stepping closer in order to peer inside. Did someone live there?

With a rap to the wood, she pushed open the door. "Hola?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Fae; Okay so it is going to turn out that these puppies will be miscarried but still she can write something for future puppies or whatever if you want; 505 words

Ouija was glad that the lodge had gotten fixed. Now the heat was trapped back inside again and he could finish up more than one pelt at a time again. He really liked having the multiple projects so that he could always have something to work on. He didn't like not having something to do. Though soon he should go around to a few packs and see if they wanted any of his works. To see if anyone could use what he had accomplished. After all that was the whole reason behind him simply stockpiling the pelts. It was something suggested at a meeting that he had been meaning to do. But then there was the big storm, having to salvage his work, the repairs, and not to mention Addi joining and ending up miscarrying. It had just been one bad event after another. But he was determined to go out soon and see if any were needed or wanted.

Ouija was sitting next to the fire, as he had been doing before the storm came and ruined things, with a pelt on his lap that he was working on cleaning up. He had ended up with a beaver when he had gone out to refill the buckets with water. It was this beaver that he was currently working on. He had already sliced up the meat and had it hanging up to smoke to that it could be made into jerky and saved for later. It was a habit that he did with all he caught. Of course he ate some strips while waiting on them to smoke but mostly he made sure that he would always have some for later.

He was using the edge of the blade to clean away what was clinging to the skin when he heard the knock on the door. "It's open." He called out only to be late in his response as the sound of the door having been creaking open met his ears when he spoke. He glanced up from the pelt that he was just about to drop into a bucket to soak in order to glance back towards the door. "Come on in. Have something to eat." He spoke cheerily and motioned towards the strips of meat. He certainly didn't mind sharing whatever he had. It was just the way he was used to within the cult. He openly shared whatever he had that could be wanted by others. "Not too many visit here if you were looking for someone in particular." After all it was obvious he spent a good deal of time here with his line of buckets for soaking and small pile of completed furs. Of course the furs were of the smaller prey variety, the ones found to be active during the winter. He was trying to make up for some of what had been lost during the storm. And well, just to keep his mind occupied and his hands busy. He just needed something to focus his attention on.

<style>
.ouijasea-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.ouijasea {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.ouijasea b {color:#ffc668; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px;}
.ouijasea {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#01487a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... ouls54.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 140px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5cc8f7; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Herp! Tried to assume what she could and couldn't discern from Ouija's lodge; correct me if I got anything wrong.

WC→309

She was surprised, and actually quite startled, to hear a voice on the other side of the door invite her in. With tenative steps, she worked her way through the door, glancing around the lodge with wary pink eyes; she had no idea what to expect inside, of course. Instead of some fiendish monster, she found a paint-splattered creature sitting near the fire, with something on his lap and the most delicious meat strips hangind up in the air. The meat was a practice she'd seen performed in her home, where cooked food was commonplace, but her internal cogs turned about to wonder just what it was he was processing the pelt into from his lap. It didn't occur to her until a moment of awkward silence passed before the Latin mutt, primarily on her part, that she should thank the multi-colored thing and offer introductions.

"I wasn't...looking for anyone, no. That...smells great. Magnifico! You cook? I wish I could cook better," she released, her words tumbling over each other in a jumble of English, Spanish and Latin-accented syllables. Not once did she stop herself or try to slow down until everything was out, at which point, as if an afterthought, she added: "Mi llamo Krystalle!" One white-tipped hand rose in a gesture of greeting, thumb, ring and little finger tucked against her padded palm.

The lodge was a new feature to Cercatori d'Arte, at least to the mind of the Latin mutt. Apart from the meat, there were other small hides; it seemed to be used for the mostly-unknown practice of cleaning and preparing pelts, which Krystalle had never taken the time to study, believing it to be a complex project and boring. It seemed her strange packmate was some form of trapper, or at least a crafter. Something she herself could never expect to accomplish.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns02 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*ns02-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. ns02-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns02-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.ns02-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns02-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.ns02-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns02 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns02 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 u {text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Fae; It's okay, I pretty much forgot what I had changed since the storm myself which is why I should write these things down so I can remember myself; 522 words

The thin strips of meat hung on a rack over the fire, allowing the smoke to rise up and cover them. The question threw him off for a bit but he quickly recovered. He chuckled and shook his head. "Ah no, I don't. This is the most that I know. I only know how to smoke strips to dry them out into jerky so that it lasts longer." He just knew how to pretty much preserve his kills so that nothing went to waste really. He had no idea how to prepare actual meals or anything. He only had raw meat or jerky now. Back in the cult it was others that did the cooking for the meals. He didn't have that luxury now. He only had what he could do and that was only two options. "You can have these if you don't mind raw or I think I have some jerky." He wasn't certain about the jerky part because he would have to check his satchel for it.

"You what?" He glanced up from his work of making sure that the pelt was submerged in the water to look up at the female. He wasn't really versed in other languages except for a bit of French from this female that he had been courting. But he wouldn't say that he knew enough to be considered fluent in that. It wasn't that he practiced it and put it into use either. The most he really knew was a song that he had been taught.

"I'm Ouija." He gave his name as he got up to move to the railing of the stairs in order to release a stretched and completed pelt so that he could add it to the small pile that he had. "So uh, what is it that you do?" He asked as he glanced back to the female. His work pretty much spoke for itself. "Sorry, working on a schedule." He apologized and explained for the way that he continued to be distracted. He moved through the lodge with ease, it obvious that he had fallen into a pattern with his work. After all he had everything lined up in a row. First there were the buckets for soaking then the buckets with the brains and that led to the staircase where the stretching was done then the pelts became stacked in a pile in the corner of the room. It was like a production line from one step to the next. Everything was laid out in the order that they had to happen. It was his system to doing things. Then again he was the only one working in here so it was easy for him to keep up. And well he always had to be busy with one thing or another. He couldn't just sit still. That was another reason he continued to move around, checking on one thing or another. It was just the way that he was brought up, to always be busy and never idle. If there was work to do then it needed to be done instead of waiting to do it.

<style>
.ouijasea-text {padding:0px 25px;}
.ouijasea {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.ouijasea b {color:#ffc668; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px;}
.ouijasea {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#01487a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... ouls54.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 140px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5cc8f7; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC→3+

He seemed nice enough, offering her some of the strips of meat after making it known that he wasn't a chef himself. Of course, she did manage to confuse him upon introduction. It wasn't hard for her to forget that she was in a new world, without as many Spanish-speakers as she. Flopped ears tilted slightly, an apologetic look passing over otherwise stone features. Before she was able to correct her words, he gave his own introduction, as Ouija; the name was unique, and she hadn't ever heard that particular word in any context, let alone as a name. A smile encroached on a set of blonde lips and she approached. "'m Krystalle. Krystalle Horzana. I live with Mars, ch'know?" Of course, she didn't expect him to know. She expected him to be oblivious, as she hadn't really made her way around to introduce herself to any members of the pack.

She watched as he put the completed pelt on the railing, leaning to see better. It was a fascinating process, she was sure, but her interest didn't last once Ouija asked about what she herself did. A light entered her pastel pink eyes. "I write! Books, and stuff. Like, it's great." Her passion was in books and scribbled letters upon empty pages, one that she wasn't sure she shared with many other creatures on the planet. Nakzhi had ignored her personal love of literature, but she had managed to let it flourish anyways. Leaving Nevada for California had been a good move in honing her abilities.

Krystalle took up a spot to watch him work, pulling a small stack of loosely-sewn pages out of the makeshift sack-bag she wore at her hip, followed by the charcoal used to write. A few scratching noises gave notice that she was writing, taking down what the male's set-up looked like and where it seemed to start.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns02 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*ns02-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. ns02-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns02-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.ns02-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns02-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:right;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.ns02-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns02 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns02 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns02 u {text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;}
</style>
[/html]