So You Think You Can Do Better?
[html] <style type="text/css">.jtable {background:#c8daf0 url(http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/8089/jacobycopy.jpg) no-repeat bottom center;margin:0 auto;width:490px;border:1px solid #E9ECF5;outline:1px solid #000;}
.jtable .in {padding: 10px 10px 280px 10px; font-family:arial, sans serif; font-size:1.1em; line-height:1.3em; color:#1a313d}
.jtable b { font-family:georgia;color:#000}
.jtable p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:25px;}
.jtable .ooc {font-size:0.95em; font-style:italic;}
.jtable .line {margin-bottom:5px;margin-top:5px;border-bottom:1px dotted #a8c0cc;}
</style>

OOC: tol-face plz +7

The first thought in his head as soon as he woke up was Anatoliy Russo. His half brother. It'd been some time since he had seen his brother, and he hadn't really been close to the man anyways, but he did want to go back and see the man, just to know if he was okay and whatnot. Mars had gotten himself nice and warm, and he had been getting ready to leave the house after grabbing some dried meat he had and put it into his bag and he slung his bag over his shoulder and then he looked around one last time to see if he was forgetting anything. He looked at the counter and there was his sunglasses. A rather smug smile found its spot on his face, he had picked up those sunglasses that he seemed to had abandoned for awhile now. He pushed them over his steel eyes and he had walked out of the door to his house. Vox had been grazing outside, Mars never having taken him to the stables to lock him away for the night. Mars whistled for the steed, for he had been on the side, and the equine would respond to the sound of his master's whistle by quickly trotting to the front to where he had approached the wolven and took the man's leather jacket in his teeth in a greeting to the man. Mars greeted the horse with a pet on the head and then a hug. We're going to visit Anatoliy in the Court today. You ready for an adventure, Vox? the man asked his horse, who flicked an ear and gave a soft nicker. Mars could only guess it was of approval.

Mars looked back once more through his shades and he had realized, duh, he forgot his guitar! Mars shook his head lightly before he had run back into the house and grabbed his white painted guitar. He slung that over his other shoulder before he had left the house for a second time and he quickly got up on Vox's back and he had started to head out of the territory. He didn't tell anyone where he was going, simply because he didn't care to let anyone know where he was going, especially not Krystalle, nor Orin. Mars was still secretive to both of them, even though they both knew Bartholomew apparently. Krystalle had met Bartholomew before she had met Mars, so she was technically Bart's friend, not his, but Orin was Mars' friend, and Bartholomew apparently talked to her for an extended period of time. Mars could only wish that he could remember what Bart remembered, only because then Mars would not be two people anymore. He would be one, whole complete person. That would be ideal for Mars, but he was well aware of Bartholomew's existence, now he'd show up more because of Krystalle. Her being here made him have little chance of becoming a whole person. It wasn't ideal for Mars. Not at all.

Mars had eight hours to think about random stuff as he had rode along to the Court. He'd been lucky that he had been in control for this long. He could only hope that fr the duration of the stay with Anatoliy, Bartholomew didn't decide to pop his ugly head in and start talking shit. Mars rolled his apathetic eyes and growled lightly. Bartholomew, I fucking swear. Don't bother me and Anatoliy. the man growled in his mind, hoping that Bartholomew was listening. It took eight hours of Mars being in his own head for the court's familiar territory had been in view. Lunenburg's looming buildings were a good signal that he was getting close to where he wanted to be. He was looking for the old Russo house, and his own old house. It would be another thirty minutes of riding to even get in the right neighborhood. Mars tried to relax as much as he could without being off-guard for Bartholomew to pounce. Bartholomew was the last thing that Mars needed.

The clip-clopping of Vox's feet seemed to be the only sound around them this afternoon. To think about it, Mars had also gotten over the borders without much of a problem. He wondered where everyone was. Mars increased the pace of the steed to a trot with a tap of his foot and a click of his tongue. It'd take another seven minutes of trotting to get him in front of the old Russo house. Once he was in front, he had dismounted his horse and he had looked at the old house. Why did it look like nobody had lived there in months?

[/html]
[html]

Anatoliy was a bit meloncholy, feeling the absence of his family beyond keenly on this cold late winter day; it just reminded him so strongly of home that he could not but help to be drawn to the old house where he had stayed with his sister and his father. Before Liliya ran away, her emotions in tatters because of her confused feelings for that man .. that, whoever he was. His father ran off with his first love, the love he had forsaken for a while to try to raise his accidental children. But then, grown as they were, he saw fit to flee back home to Russia with that woman, a step-mother Anatoliy would not know, and refused to know. To be fair, he did not know what kind of things had happened between his father and his many many flames. His father was a candelabra, with many burning candles. But it seemed all but one had been extinguished.

It seemed that so many of Rurik's spawn had found their way to each other and away again. It was ridiculous at times to see them. Anatoliy still could not happily think of the half-siblings he had, though his elder ones, the true Russian, ones, he still cared about, though he knew them poorly. But he could not take any more unexpected family. It was tiresome. But that was why he headed to the old home, to see if the notes from his sister and father still remained tucked in a cupboard.

He did not even open the door, but found a stranger on a horse. A stranger he knew by face and name only. Mars. This was one of his half-brothers. And the Russo found he could not be bothered to care. It was one thing to be loved by your father, but another to be loved by your father and know he had maybe a dozen children with different women. It was not a comforting image. "Vhat are you doing here?" he called in English, not bothering with Russian for this man, who may not know the tongue of his father. "Vhy are you trespassing?" Mars left the kingdom, so he was no longer given free range of this place.

<style type="text/css">
.tolliefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b47a45; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.tolliefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab9683; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; text-align:center;}
.tolliefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.tolliefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#3d1d03; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eeee01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ab9683; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab9683; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.tolliefreebe01-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #271203; margin:0 auto;}
.tolliefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #271203; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: table © kahilli; I swear somewhere that I saw Tol with a pair of pants on, if he doesn't wear clothes then poke my face and I'll take it out Big Grin +3

Vox nickered lightly before he tossed his large head to look at a hulking beast of a luperci that was the Russo man's half-brother. Vox would give Mars a nicker in his direction and then look back at Anatoliy. Mars turned his head to his brother and looked at the man from behind those dark sunglasses. He looked the other Russo man in the face, still admiring (in the back of his mind; almost subconsciously) his younger brother's size, though this was the only thing that Rurik and Anatoliy had in common, for Anatoliy did not hold those bright, icy blue, Russian eyes that Rurik and Mars shared. Those gold eyes that glared at him through his sunglasses gave Mars the impression that Anatoliy was not so happy to see his older, artistic brother. If anything Anatoliy should look up to Mars, since Mars was around before he, but obviously this was not so, if only because the two brothers knew close to nothing about each other but a name, location, face and scent perhaps.

Mars was asked questions by his younger brother. He was asked what he was doing here, why he was trespassing. Mars looked down guiltily at his ivory feet for a moment before looking back up at his larger baby brother. I wanted to visit what was once home.. the man simply spoke to his brother, nodding his husky-like head to the cinnamon and cream colored man. Mars pulled his ears back lightly as he closed his mouth and he looked at the bag that clung to his side. I brought some things for you, Anatoliy. Some dried meat, some drink. the man spoke, and then he looked at his brother's tattered pants. Could probably make you a new pair of shorts if you let me measure you.. the man trailed off, this being his way of asking his brother if he wanted to have some new pants or shorts.

<style type="text/css">
.mars {width:400px; background-color:#000; border:1px solid white; padding:10px;}
.mars2 {padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.mars b {color:#6A6A6A; font-family:georgia;}
.mars p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Anatoliy huffed at the older man's words, wondering if he could consider this man his older brother. No, no he could not see him as anything other than one more grown seed if his father's. And Mars had lived here but he had never been around even then. Anatoliy did not feel close to this man; he was just someone who shared half his genes. Other than that, there was nothing that Anatoliy saw in Mars that he felt made them more than estranged distant relatives. He felt this way about his other older half brothers. But he held no more love for Mars than he did for his father's other lovers. Maybe he was bitter, but more so he was no longer seeing his father through rose-tinted lenses.

"Home? Hardly," he countered plainly, insure of what the other man wanted, still. The look on the Russian man's face was stoic and passive, betraying only his displeasure for Mars trespassing. Anatoliy waved the gifts away, ungraciously. "No zhank you." He said it poligjtly, but to deny a gift was rude, more of a slap in the face. The Russo should have been happy to see his family here. But he had so few members here and he only loved his littermates. Silas was the only one he had left he cared about anymore. Aside from Anann, of course. "Our tailor can help me as vell, and I feel I should use his services as he is anozher courtier." Anatoliy was not amused. Had this man come to insult him? "Vhat do you vant?" he gruffly repeated, adamant in his distaste.

<style type="text/css">
.tolliefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#b47a45; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #000000; }
.tolliefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab9683; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; text-align:center;}
.tolliefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#3d1d03; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eeee01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ab9683; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ab9683; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.tolliefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #271203; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: ewh shitty post sorry +3

Anatoliy was as bitter as ever by his sharp responses to the older American Russo that stood before him. Mars pulled his mismatched ears back on his head but his face held a stale frown that his younger half-brother had went on to deny the gifts that he had specially brought for his brother, and then to deny his services! Mars was thoroughly insulted and it hadn't been within a few moments of talking to him. Mars furrowed his brows, and his own steel gaze hardened underneath his sunglasses. Anatoliy also asked him what he wanted here, yet again! Mars wrinkled his lip slightly and his held his ears flat on his head still. Why is it so hard to accept gifts? Mars growled to his younger brother. He huffed and then he crossed his arms across his chest. I was coming here to get to know my family, Anatoliy. You are one of the only ones left here if you didn't notice, so I came to see you. the man spoke, a frown still on his face. He didn't leave though, he wouldn't, because he would have wasted too much time getting here just to have to ride back home unsuccessful in making friends with his brother. Mars wanted to know his brother, and Anatoliy made this virtually impossible at this moment in time.

What is your problem with me? the man asked, his chest puffing out slightly as he stared at his younger brother though those dark glasses. I haven't done anything to you.. the man spoke, his words gruffly spoken with his American accent that was native to this land of canines. Mars would have wasted half of a day getting here to argue with his brother? He didn't want to, but Anatoliy didn't seem like he was at peace with Mars. He never did in the past either.

<style type="text/css">
.mars {width:400px; background-color:#000; border:1px solid white; padding:10px;}
.mars2 {padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

short but i want to crap out a buunch of responses in the next hour and a half xD Sorry about Anatoliy's attitude :c He's not fond of family abandonment which makes no sense shhhh

Oh this was rich. Anatoliy was definitely not amused. But he laughed, derisively, putting his hands on his hips. He noticed that Mars had his eyes shaded with tinted lenses. Dark, the other man's eyes were difficult to see. Hiding behind them, and it made the Russo displeased. It felt rude. Hopefully the man, at least, took off his glasses indoors or in the presence of betters. It was okay with family members; Anatoliy was not okay with it. But family member? That was the comical part, for sure. "Family? I never knew you. Vhy vould I consider you my family vhen you probably never knew you had brozhers and sisters vhey out here. Or anyvhere." That was a flaw in the man's thinking. Why would Mars feel like they were family?

"No, you have not. So maybe ve should keep it zhat vay, ya?" Anatoliy noticed the man behind the glasses puff up. There was no reason to cloak his eyes if Mars wanted to get to know his younger brother. Younger brother. That was laughable too. Anatoliy had a brother, and other half brothers that had more in common with him than this western fellow. American. What part of him was Russo? Just his father's blood? "How many years do you have on me? And vhy bozher now?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: tol doesn't make any sense. Mars' logic is pretty messed up too, so don't worry Tongue +3

But wasn't their father's blood what made both of them Russo's? There was no reason in Mars' eyes for him to be out casted, but perhaps this was why his other half siblings had also become his worst enemies, simply because he did not share their complete blood. Now that he was on the other side of the fence, would his half brothers do the same because he shared only the same father? Mars thought that Anatoliy might do just that. So what if I didn't know! You didn't know you had an older half-brother! He never told you! At least you grew up loved, Anatoliy. By father, by your mother! I didn't even get to know who my father was without having to fight about it! the man exclaimed, his ears falling flat on his head and his fingers rising to the corner of his sunglasses and he lifted them from his eyes to look at the boy with his icy blue eyes that matched their father's blue eyes. He wanted Anatoliy to know that he was serious, that he meant what he said. Why is it so goddamn hard to accept family for family? Why do you hate me so much? the man couldn't help but ask this question. What did Mars do to be hated by him?

I never hated you. I don't understand what makes you hate me. the man muttered, his form suddenly getting quite sad, and he backed up, and turned his eyes from Anatoliy to Vox, who was munching on some grass. He sighed lightly and then he looked to his younger brother's feet. I dunno how much older. Was born in winter, I turn four this year. he answered his brother's question, rather sadly, leather coated shoulders slumped as he looked at his brother's cream feet. Mars didn't understand Anatoliy at all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+
/twiddles thumbs I really did not mean for Toliy to sound like a pms'ing prostitute

Anatoliy returned the looks with his own, which were cold and effortlessly emotionless. "I spent monzhs separated from him and my siblings, too," he said plainly, well aware he was not a child of his father's choosing, but Rurik had chosen to help raise him. "Maybe my fazher left your mozher before she vas aware he had a bastard child on zhe vay." He himself had been lucky that Verusha had found out with her lover still present. Why else would he have stayed for more of his bastard offspring? "I vas an accident, but I grew up vatching my parents fight and not love each ozher," he growled. "Vould you razher grow up seeing two people who don't love each ozher raise you?"

"I don't hate you," he answered, wondering if he truly disliked his half brother. "You just don't belong." It was cruel but Anatoliy felt that he and Mars had nothing alike. Mars was more like Rurik; probably more prone to roaming around and sleeping around and getting girls pregnant by accident. Anatoliy knew his father now and it was not a life for him; he learned from his mother's mistakes and never planned to become like them. He was different from them all, he felt, having taken the family's ideals more to heart than his pirate father and different specie mother.

Anatoliy shook his head at Mars. "A year more zhen me. I hope you know zhat you are no different from me." Anatoliy was not happy with all of this. He hated being alike to this man just because they were both Russo spawn that had not been planned. "He left you just as easily as me," he stated blatantly, knowing it was hard for both of them. But Mars had to be used to having no father around. He himself had lost father and sister and it hurt so much even now. "Old enough to be happy wizhout a family to coo over you."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
300+

[/html]
[html]
OOC: whiny prostitutes deserves to be pimp smacked. sorry for my lameness, and Mars' lameness. Maybe some other time they can be brothers and not cowards.

Anatoliy told him about how he grew up. They way he grew up sounded like it was better than his way. He might have been a bastard child, but that didn't mean that he did not have half siblings on his mother's side. His mother hated him, often times beating him just for existing. Mars always did obey his mother, doing what she told him to do, always being loyal to her commands and still he was beat every day, if not by her then by his older half-siblings. That sounds better than being a slave. Being unloved, unwanted, beaten. the man said simply, muttered almost under his breath before he shook his head. Anatoliy went on to say that he didn't hate Mars, just that he doesn't belong. He never did belong. He probably didn't even deserve to be alive. Mars let his sunglasses fall back over his eyes and he dropped the meat and drink before his brother's feet.

Anatoliy went on to speak about how they were the same, how Rurik left them both as easily as he did. Anatoliy was not like Mars at all. They were two completely different people, and Anatoliy knew close to nothing about Mars so how dare he compare them. Who said I wanted to be cooed over? All I wanted was to know who you are. Who my family is. But fuck you too. the man spoke, rather calmly before he turned his back on the man and he moved towards his steed. Once close, he mounted the equine's back and without saying goodbye or anything, the man rode off towards the borders of CdM, to head back home to D'Arte.

*Exit Mars*

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

well one day they will grow up and stop being pussies. I'll close it up now.

Anatoliy only looked at his half brother with disinterest, eying him as one would eye a stranger preaching the end of the world. The Russo had nothing to say to the older man, and quite frankly, it seemed like that was for the best. Mars would either snap and hit him, or leave. And he was betting on leaving. Few felt compelled to risk hitting him, especially when he had the Russo size genes in his blood. If they wanted to pick a fight with him, they were usually his size, overconfident, or just plain stupid. Granted, the Russo would never really strike back unless in a livid rage; normally he would just defend or render them incapable of harming either of them. But none of that was going to be necessary here.

He just shrugged the profanities. He was calm, there was no other way to address this. Anatoliy watched as his half brother walked away from him, clearly angry but still calm. They were both calm. But the Russo did not really care to chase after the other man; it was not important. As soon as the man had gotten on the equine and ridden off, Anatoliy turned around and headed home, wondering if he would ever speak to his sibling again or if one day they would just forget each other.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
000+

[/html]