Fox in the hen house
[html]

Tatiana couldn't say she was any more adventurous or brave than before. The buildings still made her nervous, and the thought that should would have to communicate further with the strange wolves was equally nerve wracking. So she did what any normal creature would - she sought out familiarity. The snow was layered upon the ground and very little of it danced in the air, so travel was easy enough. Tatiana made her way from the edge of the Northern borders towards the buildings, and made sure to keep out of the way of everyone. There were wolves wandering around in the snow, most of them ignoring her, while others turned to give a curious glance - making the girl speed up momentarily, until she was in the shade of another building. A wave of smells hit her as she approached the wooden structure; sounds that reminded her of wild beasts stirred a sense of wonder in her heart, and that small flame of familiarity was lit. It would be strange if the wolves kept deer in this building - but seeing as this entire situation was strange to her, the wolf shrugged off the growing alienation and decided to explore.

She would be brave now, even if it meant encountering the strange creatures. As she turned the corner and found a nice wide doorway, realization hit her as to what the sounds and smells were - horses. Of course! The wolf that had invited her to stay had been riding one, so why was it such a surprise that they would have a barricade to hold them in? She slipped past the stalls, sniffing at the floor or at the doors, hearing their snorts and grunts, or the crunch of their food being eaten. A few had their heads lolling out of the stall, and took an interest in her own new smell. Tatiana would have smirked at that, if wolves had the ability; her tail bobbed back and forth a few times instead as she watched the horse's nose flare, tempting her closer. As she took a step the creature tensed up and withdrew it's face, bonking it's jaw against the door as it retreated to the back of the stall with a loud shriek. The sound rocketed through the air and bounced off the walls, spooking the little red wolf - forcing her to continue on her way, tail tucked low.

If she wasn't careful, the horses would pick up on the strange newcomer in their home, and begin reacting. Thankfully the curious steed who had recoiled had not set off a recurring effect - none of the others seemed interested in the little red wolf as she pranced around, inspecting them. They simply ignored her, flicking an ear or rummaging through their feeding buckets. Perhaps Tatiana should escape before any more chaos was brought to light? Still, it was comforting to know she was not the only wild creature in this strange place. Even if these ones had been domesticated... Somewhat.

<style>
.tatiana_horses .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.tatiana_horses p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.tatiana_horses b {color:#1e3a17; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.tatiana_horses {background-color:#ccd969; background-image:url(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5493 ... horses.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c902b; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:483px; text-align:justify; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 319 OOC: WHEEE!!

Liliana was talking care of the foal, who was now able to be taken back to the stables now that he was weened mostly back to health and the stables were now warm enough to keep the foal safe and cozy. Liliana still brought him back to the town hall at night to sleep but she did not like leaving the poor animal away from his mother and vice versa. She had gotten a trust in the quiet mother before she had given birth so it was easy to work with the two of them. She was brushing off the mare’s fur when she heard a thunk and a horse giving out a warning… Buck… Liliana hurried out to see if anyone had come near him and saw that it was a newcomer. She stopped where she was, slightly wary, she knew that Nayati or Dawali would not allow anyone to come into the packlands, and she could see that this must be a new member to the pack.

I would keep away from that one, he’s still a bit wild.

Liliana said as she moved forward slightly, but kept her distance. She knew how some wolves disliked her kind, a mix breed of dog and wolf was quite frowned upon in most places so she knew that she would have to find out if this wolf was one of them or not.

You must be new here, My name is Liliana Utina, I’m the caretaker here.

She said, her voice kind and soft, and she had a smile on her face. She knew of wolves who rather be in their lupus form or were not even luperci at all, so it shouldn’t have surprised her to see this wolf in her lupus form, but being around those who tended to be in their optime form, it was and she wondered if the newcomer could change or not.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5b6441; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #e4dfd0; }
.LilianaUtina01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina01 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#e4dfd0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ina01b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #e8e8da; padding: 0px 0px 130px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina01-border1 {width:466px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina01-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #707a57; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

The smell of horses was so strong, it had overpowered any scents of the wolves nearby. So it was with great shock that Tatiana found herself face-to-face (or knee, as she was quite small) with another one of these strange bipedial wolves. The female seemed kind enough, warning her of the steed that she had already irritated. The horse in question seemed to recognize the female, and had returned to his previous spot- poking his nose out of his stall to try and nibble on her fur. The red wolf, on the other hand, kept her distance. One agitated shriek was all she needed today.

You must be new here, The voice was sweet, and calm. Tatiana nodded to this, still a bit awestruck by the sight of the other canine. My name is Liliana Utina, I’m the caretaker here. Utina? The name was familiar; could this female be coupled with Nayati? She erupted with the question before her mind could quell her rude tendency, being so excited at the connection, "I met Nayati earlier! You two must be related, or mated? Or something like that." As she spoke it was as if the realization of her outburst took over, and the words slowly quieted to a meek mumbling. Tatiana sat down and tried to rid her mind of any negativity; it was hard, seeing as she was always so straight-forward with her speech and nowhere near as regimented in her behavior as these creatures. Alright, so that may have been the wrong word for it- still, they were very different from herself, and it would take time to adapt.

Her ears flicked backwards as a sign of humility and submission, "I apologize for my outburst, I... Have a bad habit of doing that." She gulped down some air and let the calmness of the stables relax her. The quiet shuffling of the horses, their grunts and whistles to one another. Little noises that were so amusing to hear. When she felt that enough time had passed, either for Liliana to respond or for her heard to stop pounding, the girl introduced herself properly. "My name is Tatiana. Tatiana Carrow. Pleased to meet you."

<style>
.tatiana_horses {background-color:#ccd969; background-image:url(http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5493 ... horses.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c902b; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:483px; text-align:justify; padding:280px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 311 :: Nom nom!! Sorry this took a while, stupid me and slowing down during the week <3

In the excitement of the newcomer Liliana couldn’t help but smile at the words the young woman spoke to her. So that’s how she came here she met Nayati. She let the wolf speak her mind, it wasn’t s though she wasn’t allowed to, but it seemed she became ashamed and apologized for the outburst. Liliana couldn’t help but giggle and hold her hand up. She was in no way offended by the woman’s actions. Liliana had done such a thing occasionally when she got excited herself.

"No reason to apologize, and me and Nayati are mates. I am glad you have met him."

She said giggling a little. Yes he was not always well socialized so getting out meeting the newcomers was always helpful. Then again Liliana was not as socialized either. She was thankful that others came to visit their horses though, or she’d have no company at all. Though it seemed that the woman who was no in the process of introducing herself had no horse. Liliana had seen no new horse and she’d fed them all today, so maybe the young woman was just taking a look?

"Pleasures all mine. Is there anything I can help you with or just here to enjoy the sights?"

There was a small smile on Lili’s face. She knew she was the only one in this pack that really enjoyed the sight of the familiar stables, as old as it was and the damage it had taken during the winter storm. She knew they would have to erect a new one soon, to house all the horses they had and the stupid cows as well, though Lili would have liked to let them stand outside and freeze. It would be added meat too their stores at least. She didn’t care much for the fat beasts that had such a thick head.

<style>
.lili-texthorse-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:159px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.lili-texthorse {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lili-texthorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lili-texthorse .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lili-texthorse p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lili-texthorse b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The wolf appeared to find her behavior amusing, and her laugh - although somewhat quiet - made Tatiana's ears twitch, and her breathing come easier. It was nice to hear laughter, she rarely got to hear such a sound. It made the girl feel more at ease while she investigated the packlands. Liliana was quick to ask her questions; wondering if she needed anything, and that made her want to laugh herself. What could she possibly do here in the stables? She could not ride like Nayati did, so recieving a horse was out of the question. She answered by shaking her head and looking down the corridor of stalls, "I do not need anything. I like it here, though. It feels more, ah, wild, than the rest of the pack." Her words made her feel silly, and she blushed. Or, the girl would have if wolves could blush - instead her hesitation was a sign of embarrassment for her words.

"I mean, this place is different from the others I have seen so far. The horses.. Many of them are restless, like myself." It was a strange sensation she had felt upon first smelling the AniWaya borders; something primitive was set off within her, and then she had more-or-less pleaded with Nayati to let her stay. Tatiana felt like she was at home here in the stables, amid the animals that couldn't wait to run. Her fiery eyes looked over at another horse that had it's head lolling out of it's stall, trying to nibble at the hay upon the floor, and then returned to Liliana. "Does that make any sense to you?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:251 !

Liliana couldn’t help but smile at this. She loved the stables herself and when she was not with Nayati she could be found here with the horses. She felt a better connection with them than she did anyone else, well besides her mate of course. She let the female finish what she was saying before speaking herself.

That makes perfect sense. I find myself here more often anywhere else. I find the horses company very soothing over that of other wolves. I can talk to them, and they will listen, though they may be talking back I don’t understand them. They definitely can bring something out in a place.

She said, then looked over where her own mare was, and then where the foal was at that moment and back at the other wolf and gave a happy grin. Yes that would be an interesting sight!

One of the horses had their babies already. He was premature but I’ve been helping him along to stay alive, would you like to see him?

She asked her tail wagging a little. Maybe Tatiana shared the same love for horses, though Lili could clearly see the woman was in no way one to ride them, there was still that passion that could not be held in or helped. She moved to the stall that held the mother and the foal, but waited for the female’s response. She was not going to throw something at the wolf if she did not want to do it.

<style>
.liliana-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.liliana-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.liliana-d04 b {color:#191308; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.liliana-d04 {background-color:#BC9C63; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/lili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#45371E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; }
.liliana-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

It was a relief that she was with someone who understood, for a change. So far the other canines in this place found her odd, and her questions rude or out-of-place, just as she was. To find someone with similar adorations was a great thing, it gave Tatiana a bit more confidence in herself and perhaps, even a friend to call her own. As Liliana spoke she seemed quite entertained by the red wolf, and in turn she let a small smile grace her features. The other wolf seemed to be interested in a particular stall, a specific horse, and glanced over - returning her gaze to the smaller quadruped as she spoke again, One of the horses had their babies already. He was premature but I’ve been helping him along to stay alive, would you like to see him? A baby horse? The thought had never crossed her mind; to look in on these creatures that would probably see her as a threat, as a predator ready to take their foal away. Still, if these horses were accustomed to having lycanthropes around them, perhaps the mare in question would not find too much offense in Tatiana looking in upon them.

"I would love to see the foal, provided the mother does not become agitated." The last thing the mare would need is the panic of seeing a predator, and Tatiana was not too keen on getting stomped by the protective mother. The wolf was curious about this new life that had been brought in to the world; perhaps if the mare would allow it - and Liliana as well, of course, - she could help tend to the foal in question. It would be a nice break from the stress she had been under, after being accepted in to AniWaya. It could be her secret place - even if it wasn't a secret to the rest of the pack. A nice vacation from her worries.

<style>
</style>[/html]
OOC: will edit this when i can Sad just for the table sorry i don't have much time to get this all sorted ; ;

Liliana smiled at the lupus girl, and turned to open the stall carefully. She patted the mother’s nose and coaxed the little foal out who stood on sturdier legs than he had in the past. He moved out, curious to what Liliana had, which she’d grabbed a handful of oats from the feed barrel, moving out on long spindley legs. She closed the door slowly, so to not spook the mother, who went back to eating, but her ears were perked at the sign of her baby in trouble.

I do not have a name for him yet, but I have been thinking of claiming him as one of my personal horses. Though my own horse does well, I was hoping he’d be a good sturdy horse.

She said turning her attention to Tatiana. Her hand was now on the foal’s withers. She liked this, getting the young horse used to the smell of new wolves. It was satisfying, but she knew if she set him free he would become more suseptable prey to other wolves who actually hunted horses.

Perhaps you can help me name him?

She said, patting his cream colored coat. He flicked his tail and was eyeing Tatiana with wary eyes. He was still new to the world and didn’t know how things worked, but he still had instincts that would always come first. And these two animals next to him were his mortal enemies, yet there he stood being taken care of and unharmed. Liliana wondered what went through the baby horses’ mind at this thought. She wasn’t sure how to interpret the foals mind, even if she could speak low speech he was probably way too young to still talk yet, but that’s what Lili thought. She was not a learned wolf or anything so she did not know what to think in any case.