To mend a broken soul
[html]Alright, set on the shattered coast at night^_^

Fire, it served many purposes, light and warmth being two of the more common uses for it. Faryn had never been out on her own before, but during the weeks she had spent traveling to these lands, she had managed to learn a few tricks from the individuals she met. One old female had been kind enough to offer her food and a place to sleep one evening, and had gifted her with two simple items, a flint bar and a small piece of steel, upon her departure the following morning. At first, Faryn had been reluctant to accept anything from the elderly luperci, but upon the woman's insistence that it would prove more useful to Faryn than her, Faryn accepted it. The woman's brief explanation of its use had confused her at first, but it only took one cold night for the honey colored girl to appreciate the importance of flint and steel. With a little effort, they could start a fire, and it had been with this valuable tool that Faryn had started her fire tonight.

Sapphire eyes watched the flickering tendrils of flame as she sat on the sand. Her knees were pulled up to her chest, shrinking her already delicate profile. Moments earlier she had been forced by her growing discomfort to shoot another, small dose of the addicting substance into her arm. She did not use nearly as much as she could have, but she did not want to get into the dazed, euphoric state that she had been forced into so many times. No, the broken girl would use only enough to keep the pains of withdrawal away, but even that was taking more and more each time. The leather pouch containing the substance and the tools its use required, hung over her shoulder as always. She dared not lose it.

A grumble in her stomach brought the wolf dog out of her trance, as her eyes fell from the flames to her abdomen. It had been days since she'd scavenged anything to eat. She had never been very good at hunting in her lupus form, and without proper practice her bipedal form was useless to her in attempting to catch her own meals. Perhaps in the morning she would try and shift into her quadruped form to attempt a hunt. The young girl was malnourished already, and she did not need to get any worse. For now, though, she would deal with her hunger, for that discomfort was bearable. Her attention returned to the fire hoping to keep her thoughts from drifting to her numerous worries and fears.

[/html]
Mizu traveled from where she was once again. This time it happened to be the Shattered Coast. It was dark but she could see a little flicker of light in the distance. Her shoulder bad was wrapped tightly around her, filled with two books and a jar of some substance. She picked up her pace to a gentle lope. She took a deep breath, she was tired and wanted to rest..

When she saw that the light was actually a fire she slowed quickly. She came to a stop, inspecting it from about 30 feet away. It seemed to be contained and safe but even those thoughts barely brought her hesitant feet into a slow and tight walk. She approached the fire and saw a wolf by it. She stopped carefully. "Hello.. May I join you?" She sat down, not waiting for an answer. The fire warmed her body but she was still scared. Fire had not been to kind to her in her past life. She looked down to the horrid scar that was on her back leg. It had been burned twice and she didn't want it to be a third so she made sure her leg was as far away from the fire as she could get it in her sitting position. Then she looked back to the other female, "What are you doing out here all alone?" Mizu saw the bag of drugs and almost asked for some but bit her tounge, not wanting to do them now.. Later.
[html]

Minutes passed in silence, the honey colored girl absorbed in her own thoughts. Sapphire eyes peered out into the blackness beyond the fire, her various senses keeping track of her surroundings to keep her safe while she thought. Her nostrils flared briefly as a strange scent wafted towards her on the ocean breeze, mingling with the salt air. Ears focused on the sound of the approaching stranger as her head turned to see the figure walking forward from the shadows. As a feminine voice sailed to her through the dark, Faryn's fears were lessened slightly to a dull anxiousness as she gave a gentle nod to the woman's request, attempting a small smile. Her cautious gaze watched the woman's own as it turned towards the flames, then towards the bag hanging from her shoulder, which she slowly shifted out of sight. It had been an obvious movement, there was no hiding that she was ashamed of her most noticeable possession.

A hand moved to fiddle with her long hair, pulling some of it over her shoulder to hang down her chest. The woman's next inquiry fell on her ears, and she let silence reign for a moment as she contemplated her options of answers. Most of them would sound pretty pathetic, but they were almost all truthful. "I'm not doing anything really, just wasting time," she replied sadly. She didn't like admitting that she wasn't doing anything important, but she had nothing to do, no pack to call home, and she was too scared to ask to join one. She was getting sick of it for traipsing around all day on the outskirts of various pack lands was not a very fun existence. She had no doubt that she'd eventually join a pack, but it would take her time. She was still recovering from the trauma of her life thus far, and she was young, immature in many ways. Making decisions was not her forte, as up until recently all of her decisions had been made for her and forced upon her.

[/html]
Mizu nodded, "You and me both." She gave a small smile and sighed. She stood up for a minute and shifted into her Optime form, her most unliked form of being. It took her a little less than a minute to shift and she sat down cross-legged and pulled out one of her books. On the leather covering it said, Sensei's Teachings.. It was written in a pretty curved writing. Mizu fingered the indentations on the cover and opened it up. She looked at the wolf in front of her. "Exscuse my rudeness.. I am Mizu." She smiled once again.

Mizu read over the pages in the dim light, focuasing on one page only. She felt rude for reading instead of making conversation but it was times like this that she felt she should study. Sensei wouldn't be too happy if she learned of all the things Mizu was doing now so Mizu felt like she was doing something good and right from her old life when she read these books. She looked up at her surroundings and took a breath, Have I changed? This was a question that scared her and she shut the book quickly and put it back in the bag. She turned to the wolfess and looked at her, waiting for her to say something.
[html]

The woman responded and smiled, Faryn replied with a brief smile of her own as she watched the stranger. What was she doing? The quadruped woman stood, and it did not take long for Faryn to get her answer as she watched the wolfess shift forms right in front of her. Was that really all it took? She made it look so easy. Of course, in reality shifting was a simple process for a luperci, it was simply Faryn's lack of practice that led her to believe it to be hard. It took the blond haired girl a moment to realize she was staring as the white wolfess sat back down, pulling out a book and opening it. Just recently, Faryn had met another woman with a book. Was reading a common practice in these lands? Hopefully she would be able to learn someday, when she settled into a permanent home. For now, all the young girl could do was wish.

At the woman's brief introduction, the skinny luperci timidly replied, "I'm Faryn...Faryn Tahra," before returning to her state of silence. A minute or two passed as Mizu read her book, Faryn only stealing the occasional glance so as not to stare at the woman. The slap of the rapidly shutting book startled the nervous girl and she turned only to see Mizu looking at her. Had she done something wrong? Up until just a few seconds ago she had just been sitting quietly, perhaps that was it. Conversation starting wasn't her strong suit, but it seemed as though Mizu was waiting for some words to come out of her mouth so Faryn did the best she could, "Wh-where are you from? I-If you don't mind my asking," she stammered, her eyes focusing on the woman's face, hoping that the question would not hit any nerves and thus upset Mizu. If it did upset her in some way, the honey girl only hoped that Mizu wouldn't turn on her and give her a tongue lashing. Nothing the white wolfess had done would indicate such a possible reaction, it was merely Faryn's past traumas that stirred up such irrational fears in her mind.

The breeze that swept down the coastline messed Faryn's hair slightly, but she refused to fiddle with it, as she would likely continue to fidget and work herself into a nervous frenzy. She had to try and force herself to stay calm. Mizu hadn't even responded yet and she was already in the preliminary stages of panicking. Unfortunately that just made her feel worse, for it reminded her of how broken and weak she was.

[/html]
Mizu smiled at her words, "Nice to meet you Faryn" When she had closed the book and looked up Faryn seemed timid and nervouss. Mizu hoped that she hadn't upset her in some way. She managed to get out some words and Mizu thought for a moment. "Well, I do not know exactly where I am from... but it is somewhere about seven or eight months travel from these lands. What about you?" Her words were flowing easier now and she felt more relaxed. She could tell that Faryn was yet to feel relaxed and hoped that with the continuation of their conversation Faryn would feel more open and relaxed around Mizu.

The breeze that came ruffled Mizu's blue trimmed scruff and she grinned and closed her eyes for a minute, she looked into the wind and sniffed the air. She could smell a hint of rain on the air but it wouldn't arrive for quite a while. She gave a quick nod of her head to herself, hoping she didn't look weird. She gave a little giggle at her actions as she looked back to the female before her. She waited to hear a story from her. She felt kind of strange for not knowing what the name of the place she was from was called.. So far everyone she had met knew the place they came from. All she knew was it was far from here, her mom never bothered to tell her the name of the country. Her sister would have told her though if she knew so no one probably knew in her pack.. The thought of her sister brought tears to her eyes and she took a deep breath, blinking them away, however one escaped and ran down her cheek. She wiped it away and with a sniffle she smiled.
[html]The favorable response to her introduction brought a brief smile to the female's face. It felt good that someone seemed to enjoy her company. With her smile, her posture relaxed a little. Mizu had given no indication of malice towards her so finally, her wish to be calm broke through to her nerves and the tension in her muscles loosened. For the first time in weeks the cautious, fearful wolf dog was able to lower her guard a little. She liked this feeling far more than the anxiety that normally plagued her thoughts. Regrettably her insecurities were a near constant source of fuel to her anxiety, making relaxing difficult at this point in her life. But today she was slowly easing herself into a state of comfort. Perhaps now she would be able to have a good conversation with the white wolfess.

Sapphire gaze looked from the flames to Mizu as the woman confessed to not knowing precisely where she was from, but the amount of time it would take to travel there made the young girl's jaw drop for a moment. It would have taken Mizu about as long as Faryn had been alive to get to this land. It had taken Faryn only a month of near constant travel to reach these lands. Her weeks of hard travel seemed insignificant in comparison. Mizu then turned the question back to her. Her hand ran through her long hair as she thought for awhile. She had heard someone utter the name of her homeland once when she was a pup and it took a bit of memory searching to arrive at the answer. "I-I'm from the Ozarks, they're a mountain range a few weeks travel down south," she replied, a gentle nod accompanying her words. The honey colored girl doubted that Mizu would know where the Ozarks were exactly, but at least she had answered the question.

The delicate girl watched Mizu for a moment and it was not hard to see the lone tear crawling down her cheek. "You alright, Mizu? You're not hurt are you?" The concern in her voice was genuine, and it showed as she leaned forward to get a better look at the white wolfess. She hadn't really known what to ask. Hopefully her new acquaintance was simply distressed in some other way and the question would be dismissed and they could continue their conversation in a moment.[/html]

Mizu liked this wolf so far, she seemed a little wary but who wasn't when they first met a stranger? She smiled, thinking of her past travels. It had been over three months since she had had contact with anyone wolves. Even in her last stay with a pack Sensei was the only one who she really spoke to. Faryn seemed to relax and Mizu grinned, happy she was calm. She nodded her head, "I have never heard of those parts. What was it like, living in the mountains? Cold?" She hadn't lived in anywhere that was exceptionally cold and wondered often what mountains were like, she never really had been around them much, especially not up them.

Faryn saw her tear that managed to escape her eye. "Uh- yeah. I'm fine, just a -uh- memory." She grinned slightly but the sadness had dampened her spirits. Hopefully Faryn wouldn't think her a crybaby or get bored with her. She definatley didn't want that to happen. She leaned forward towards Mizu, concerned. Mizu smiled gratefully glad that this wolfess actually cared. "Thanks." She wanted to steer the conversation in another direction, to get to know this kind wolfess in front of her. "So what kind of skills do you have? What can you do? Anything special?" She smiled.
[html]ooc: Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy the last couple days.

The obvious question followed Faryn's answer. What was it like living in the mountains? The blonde girl paused to think for a moment, wondering how to best describe her homeland. In truth she had been sequestered for much of her life thus far. Her experience of the Ozark winter was only recent, and yes, it was cold. "Y-yes, very cold. It takes some getting used to," she replied, with an honest shiver at the memory of the chilly wind that had blown against her the day she left her prison. To most, the cold would have seemed unpleasant, but for the formerly enslaved girl it had been invigorating. Over the weeks past since her escape, the cold had lost its invigorating quality for her, and instead took on its typical, unpleasant demeanor. Being out in it for prolonged periods, without a fire such as this one, was unhealthy.

When the white wolfess admitted that she was alright, and thanked her, the nervous girl couldn't help but smile. It felt nice to have someone appreciate her concern for them for a change. Gratitude had been such a rarity for the adolescent until recently. Mizu's next question was not as expected as the former, and the delicate luperci had to think for awhile. Skills? Did she have any of those? Certainly nothing special. Then again, even though she had hated doing them for her master, she was good at housework, and dancing. Oh how she had hated to dance for him, but the drugs he had addicted her to were a powerful motivator. She had learned to dance to various tunes, for her master would hire local musicians to come and play for him on occasion. Yes, perhaps those were her skills. "I don't know if you'd call what can do special, but I'm good at cooking, cleaning...and dancing," she replied. She didn't really take pride in her skills, for they were products of her suffering, but it was likely that over time she would learn to use them to help those around her, and that in turn would give her a reason to be proud of her gifts. Of course, as always, only time would tell.[/html]

ooc- sorry it's short! and the phrase says, 'See those stars up there? To me you shine brighter than they could ever in the many centuries.'

Mizu nodded her head, listening to how the weather was. She shivered a bit, she didn't like the cold very much but it didn't really bother her. She just prefers to be in warmer weather. Mizu felt a rush of happieness as the girl in front of her who had seemed so tense smiled. She grinned, happy that she was loosening up more. As the girl began to speak she perked her ears, listening carefully. "Those are great skills! I can't cook to save my life! and I am not a neat freak. Not even close!!" She giggled, "I am pretty good at dancing though." She gave a little wink and grinned, giggling at her sort-of joke.

She let out a happy and content sigh as she looked up at the dark sky. She noted the few constalations that she could recognize.. She thought of her mother and smiled, muttering something that she would tell her every night, Orada olan yıldız görüyor musunuz? Benim için onlar asırlardan hiç olabilir daha fazla parlatacak." It was quite a long phrase but it was something that comforted her always.