J - Hiding in the hills
Character Name: Zepherus
Character Birthdate (including year): September 10th, 2010 (about 7/8 months old)
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular Wolf
Species: Canis Lupus (very dark)
Currently played characters: only one
How you found 'Souls: Another website that I can't remember

In a small clearing lay a small, black pup named Zepherus. He was quite small for his age and didn't need to worry about things called camouflage, he would simply hide behind a fallen tree or a large rock and nobody would know he was there. The young pup was dreaming, his feet running towards a goal he could not reach, his nose twitching for something that was not there, but suddenly...Zepherus awoke, he wasn't sure exactly what woke him, he just knew that he was now awake. He peered around the clearing that he had decided to take up camp in, looking for any sudden movements, several seconds passed with nothing of interest but suddenly he saw it, a spider. He quickly wondered what this spider was doing here, it was pretty cold and Zepherus was sure that his little spider hairs wouldn't protect him from the snow. Nor would it protect him from Zepherus' wrath! The young pup quickly jumped to all fours and began playing with the small arachnid who did NOT seem to be enjoying this little play date. But of course, the young pup didn't realize that his new friend might not want to play with something sharp-clawed and 100 times larger than itself. The pup continued torturing the spider for a good two minutes before the pup realized it was dead. Immense sadness swept over Zepherus as he realized what he had done, he had never killed anything unless it was absolutely necessary. Before he could think on it much further, the spider quickly jumped up and scurried off. Zepherus, entirely fooled, barked after him, saying things that best not be mentioned by young pups such as himself. Accepting defeat, Zepherus wandered around the clearing for a while longer, looking for new and exciting things to do. He found it in a small mammal, smelling a predator around it had decided to hide and hope that the wolf wouldn't notice it's presence. Of course, nothing got passed the youthful Zepherus! The pup found the small animal inside a fallen tree, Zepherus wasn't necessarily hungry but he had learned that it was always better to eat when you could, you never know when your next meal is going to come along. The animal, sensing the predators attention, decided to make a run for it. Zepherus, however, was prepared for this option. He quickly jumped atop the tree with light paws and waited for his prey to come out. Right on schedule the animal shot out of the tree with Zepherus close on his heels. Zepherus loved the chase, the rush of adrenaline made him ecstatic, ecstatic enough to do something he normally would never do. He announced his presence. A howl escaped his lips before he could siphon off the sound. He stopped dead in his tracks and waited. He knew he was close to a packs territory and he had been mindful of that fact. He had been laying low in the hills for days, dreading any interaction for fear of territory battles and rejection. He knew someone was coming, he hoped they would understand...
Hello and welcome to 'Souls and Crimson Dreams! Big Grin Just a few little housekeeping things to mention: Could you edit your age in your profile to match the one here in your joining form? Also, keep in mind that splitting your posts up into paragraphs can make it easier to read. :] Thank you!

Ehno had made a brief trip out of the territory the day before, feeling a bit of his usual wanderlust and trying to summon up the courage to make up his mind about venturing out past Halifax in search of the pack Naniko had supposedly established. After an unexpected discovery of an abandoned little cabin site within the forest, the Marino had decided to make a quick return home to the land of Dreamers to drop off a few things he had scavenged. While he was back within the familiar borders, Ehno took the time to check up once again on his family, and to re-supply himself for the journey.

Rested and ready to get back on the road, the Marino man set off from the large Manor that the residents of Crimson Dreams called home with his trusty bag slung over his shoulder. As he was approaching the borders of the territory, a call resounded through the air. Ehno stopped in his tracks, ears perking at the sound. He was still on edge after the altercation his sister Savina had gotten into, and as result, he regarded the borderlands warily. Whoever it was that had called out had let his presence be known to the pack, making it likely that they intended no trouble. The thought caused Ehno to relax slightly, but he remained alert as his feet carried him toward the origin of the call.

After a few moments' travel, he spotted a darkly-furred figure up ahead. As he approached, he realized that it had been pup that had called out. Ehno came to a halt a short distance away, amber eyes studying the youngster. "Hello there, young one," he greeted. "You've reached the Crimson Dreams borders. Was there something I could help you with?"
Hey, thanks for your welcomes! I'm a little confused on the age thing, I wanted him to be almost a year old, is it not right? It very well may be that I'm totally off base with the age but yeah, if you could help me out that would rock Smile. Oh, and sorry about the paragraph thing, I'll do better this time

Zepherus jumped at the sound of the voice as if some thing had just pulled his dark tail. He spun around and came face to face with a large male of varying colors. The adult wolf didn't look threatening, but perhaps that was just his way of coaxing the young one out of his shell and once that happened, BAM!!! He would be done for, but then again, wolves didn't eat other wolves, right? Zepherus took a few small steps backwards, attempting to put some distance between him and the elder, he hadn't had much experience with other wolves before and he hoped that it wasn't disrespectful in anyway.

The young pup decided he might as well say something, it took a few minutes to work up the courage and then after that to decide what to actually say. Did the pup need help? and what exactly was Crimson Dreams? He assumed it was the pack's name but the it sounded somewhat...macabre...perhaps they believed in weird traditions, maybe they wouldn't like the color of his fur and cast him away, like his mother...

The young pup shook his head, clearing his thoughts, this was nothing like that, it was best to keep the past in the past as he always thought. Besides, this wolf didn't seem superstitious with a bag sling around his body and his strange way of speaking. The young pup licked his lips, eyes darting around to make sure that no one else was there, his prey long gone, he barked a cough and asked a single question "Who are you?"
You're welcome. Big Grin Sorry, I probably should've clarified about the age. I just meant that under the "Age" section of your profile, you say that he is 5, while in your joining post you indicate that he is about 7 or 8 months. Just need to change that bit so it's consistent. :] And if you want him to be 7 months, his birthday should be pushed back to August, or for 8 months back to July. I hope that clears it up? And if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. :]

Being a father himself, and an uncle to a multitude of nieces and nephews around Crimson Dreams, Ehno was no stranger to the ways of children. The youngster before him bounced up with surprise as he called out to him, taking a few stumbling steps backwards to put distance between them. The boy seemed understandably nervous, and the Marino could hardly blame him. Ehno could detect no other scents in the area, and a quick glance around revealed no other wolves hiding in the distance. If this pup was truly all alone here, the Dreamer could imagine how big and frightening the world could appear to someone so young.

As the dark pup took a few moments to summon the courage to answer, Ehno slowly lowered himself to the ground and placed his bag before his feet. It wasn't his intention to intimidate the lone youngster, and he hoped that by doing so he could indicate that he meant him no harm. Finally, the boy worked up the will to speak, answering the Italian man's question with a question of his own. It brought a smile to Ehno's muzzle, a friendly light dancing in his eyes. "My name is Ehno. What's yours?" he responded, and after a beat he thought to add, "Are you out here by yourself?"
I think I fixed it, I'm not sure, I wanted him to be almost a year old...so that would make him 13 human years? wait no...? I have no idea haha, sorry that I'm taking so long with this, for some reason it is REALLY confusing to me haha

The older wolf, who now Zepherus knew as Ehno, appeared to be friendly. His wise face smiled back at the pup in a soft way, his eyes radiating kindness. Ehno asked the young pup what his name was and quickly after, asked if he was out there alone. The pups face darkened a bit, attempting to wipe his face of emotion. Unfourtunatly, this usually caused even more suspicion in other creatures, Zepherus knew this fact but had been practicing for a while now, he hoped it worked...

My name is Zepherus...I'm alone. the pup said, he was afraid Ehno was going to ask more questions, he hoped not, his own past was still confusing to the young pup. Zepherus could tell that the wise wolf was about to say something but before he could Zepherus exploded with what had been on his mind since he saw the other wolf I'm sorry about trespassing! I can leave...if you want...I never meant to bother no one, I was just looking around...and...and...I'm sorry! Cried the pup, he hoped it didn't make him seem less mature, after all, he had been on his own quite awhile but amazingly he still had a lot of child in there.

It seemed like years until the elder wolf replied, Zepherus stood staring at his own paws, awaiting his response...
Ahhh, I see what you're confused about now. Generally, we do not put human years down for age in the profile, just the character's actual ages. If you still want to include the human equivalent on there, perhaps you could list it in your profile like this: "Age: 7 months / 13 human years"? Maybe that would make it a little less confusing for you? :]

Something in the boy's expression changed after Ehno spoke his question, eliciting a raised brow from the Dreamer wolf. The boy's answer to his question, confirming his suspicion, provided enough of an explanation for that, however. For a wolf so young to be wandering about on his own, it was unlikely that there would be very many happy memories surrounding his past. It was understandable that Zepherus may be a little apprehensive about discussing his loner status. For the moment, Ehno chose not to push the question further. "Well, it is nice to meet you, Zepherus."

There was a brief beat of silence before the youngster blurted out a string of apologies. Ehno blinked in surprise at the outburst, watching as the pup turned his gaze down toward his paws, avoiding eye-contact. "Hey, no need to apologize. As long as you understand the importance of recognizing the borders, there's no problem." The Marino smiled warmly at the pup once more, drawing upon the patience caring for numerous pups had given him. As golden eyes studied the anxious pup, an idea came to mind. "Have you traveled very far? Are you hungry?" Ehno understood how difficult hunting on one's own could be, especially for one so young. The Dreamers' food reserves were stocked enough to provide this little one with a meal at the very least, if he so desired.
Oh! Okay, that clears things up. I just put 1 year because it doesn't let me put months so I figured that was close enough. Smile

Zepherus was shocked. He couldn't believe that the wolf was not about to fight for his territory and that he was also going to offer Zepherus food! Wow! No other wolf had done that for Zepherus before! Zepherus's head lifted to gaze into Ehno's eyes, put then quickly looked away. I have been traveling long, as long as I can remember... He paused for a second, as if remembering the many days and nights alone. I guess, if your offering than it would be rude not to accept, right? I mean, I've gotten okay at catching little things but...are you sure you don't mind giving me some food? Zepherus said with a questioning tone, he'd never know fellow wolves to be so compassionate.

All at once Zepherus had a memory of food. How delectable large prey could be...his stomach rumbled, causing Zepherus ears to perk and to glance down at his empty belly. He looked back up at Ehno and lowered his ears, and turned his mouth into a sheepish smile. Guess I was hungrier than I thought and then, the pup laughed. The barrier finally slipping away between the two wolves.
I've got a little bit of powerplay with Ehno leading Zepherus over to Haven Manor so they can get some food and see about talking to one of the leaders. :] Let me know if you have any problems with it.

Something about the pup had taken the edge off the tenseness he had been feeling for the past few days. While Ehno, just as the rest of the Dreamers, could be quite stern about receiving respect for their borders from outside wolves, he was a kind-hearted soul at his very core. It was clear to him that the dark-furred pup had no foul intentions in lingering near their borders, so the Italian had approached the situation with much less territoriality. "You are welcome to it." Had Zepherus been a full grown adult, Ehno certainly would not have defaulted to such generosity, but the sight of a hungry and lonely pup tugged at his heart-strings. Another smile blossomed to his features once more at the pup's comment and his rumbling tummy, accompanied by a short laugh.

"Come, I'll take you to our home and we'll see about getting you fed." Ehno motioned vaguely back in the direction that he had come from and then turned around, indicating that the pup should follow. As they made their way toward the large Manor the wolves of Crimson Dreams called home, Ehno glanced toward the pup at his side and asked, "So, Mr. Traveler, do you call the road your home? Or do you have a little place to call your own?" Young wolves should know the comfort of having a place to call home. Ehno was certain that his packmates would find no harm in accepting the youngster into their close-knit family--but only if that was what Zepherus wished. If the pup made no indication that he was looking for a home, Ehno would still be happy to have at least helped him out with a little meal before he went on his way.

A short time later Haven Manor appeared before them, and Ehno led the pup up the wooden stairs of the porch. He reached forward and pulled open the door, waving Zepherus on in. "After you."

wc: 324
That's Fine Smile

Thank you....thank you very much.The scruffy, black pup said as he followed the elder wolf towards new territory. The butterflies in his stomach where apparent as he stumbled along the snowy earth. He was concerned that this new pack would reject him, which cause bile to rise in his throat and anger to coarse through his veins. His mind flashed back to the last time he saw his family, his mother and father looking down upon him with abhorrence. "You disgust me, how I could have ever given birth to such a miscreant...leave my sight and never come back." His mother said as she turned her cold back on him one warm, fall day. His father never had much say in these things, always choosing to brew silently and let his mate take over the talking. Zepherus at the time was confused, how could his own parents hate him so much? After walking a good two hours, re-enacting those last words spoken over and over again, he decided that very day that he would never go back, nor would he ever co-habitate with fellow wolves that had the same insane superstitions as his family.

Zepherus was to lost in his past to hear Ehno ask him a question, a few seconds later the pup realized he was being addressed and forced his brain to process the words just said. Well, I've tried to stay in one place but it's easier to move around, that way I'm never in the way of other packs" He said coolly, as if this question is often asked to pups of his age. The pup left behind his bad feelings and thoughts, he figured that the calmer he was, the more likely the pack would like him. They approached a structure...Zepherus wasn't quite sure what it was, he'd rarely seen things like this. He occasionally passed by tall figures with hard ground surrounding them, they felt so cold and abandoned, but this place seemed more like a cozy fire that Zeph would love to stand near and warm his cold body. As they entered the house, the pup had one last thought of his mother, her cold blue eyes staring into his with loathing. He replaced the image with what he hoped to find inside, simply leaving his mother's memories out in the cold.

Go ahead and edit 'leader needed' somewhere in the title of the thread when you get the chance. :]

Ehno left the pup's cool words untouched for the remainder of their short trip toward Haven Manor, acknowledging them only with a brief nod of understanding. Obviously traveling could be a hardship, especially in a region filled with numerous packs and groups. The Marino followed the dark-furred youngster inside, shutting the door securely behind him.

"This building is called Haven Manor. Most of our members choose to stay here," he commented idly as he led the younger wolf through the entryway and into the large living area. A fireplace was set against one wall, a warm blaze kindled within it. Large old sofas were among the old furniture that decorated the cozy room. Ehno came to a halt beside one of the couches, turning to face the boy. "You know, I'm sure we have room within our ranks for one more, if you've grown tired of the life of a wanderer. Of course, we would expect you to be able to pull your own weight, just like everyone else." Ehno's words held a slightly playful edge, but that did not negate the seriousness behind them. The boy might still be young, but he appeared to be nearing the stages of adulthood. He would have to understand that the Dreamers expected every wolf accepted into their ranks to do their part when they are able.

Ehno then let out a brief, barking call for the leaders. They needed to be alerted to the boy's presence, at the very least. He would hate to interrupt his sibling's much needed rest and recovery, and he was unsure whether or not Anu was currently lingering somewhere within the manor. He hoped that he could get Zepherus's presence here dealt with without causing too much trouble for them.
Haven Manor, 'that's a good name' Zepherus thought to himself, secretly hoping that this place would be exactly what it said, a haven. The pup followed Ehno into the structure, where he was soon led into a room with a fire crackling merrily. He listened attentively as the elder talked about letting him into the pack. The scruffy pup's mouth fell open, he had no idea that Ehno was going to let him join a pack, Zepherus simply thought it was a pity meal, a way to subside the old wolves conscience. Zeph looked around the room with new eyes, 'This could be my home?' he thought 'I can stay here forever, if I want.' When Ehno finished speaking, the pup asked a question, "What kind of responsibilities would I have to do? I mean, I understand that I need to put in my fair share but...I guess I'm just curious." the pup said, then without skipping a beat added, "This place is amazing! I'm so excited that I get to stay here!" he said with wonder, discovering new things about the room every second.

Zepherus suddenly stopped and turned his gaze to Ehno,"Oh, I guess I'm getting ahead of myself, if I'm allowed to stay and accepted by the pack, I would LOVE to live here." He said sheepishly, hoping he hadn't already ruined his chances of acceptance. A few moments later, Ehno signaled for someone else, Zepherus was instantly struck with nerves flowing all through his body. He really hoped they liked him, and that they would accept him. 'I guess we'll just have to wait and see.' He thought to himself as he looked over at the entrance.
[html]

Hello! ^^ Savina's usually more welcoming, she's just in bad shape right now DX 300+

Savina had been keeping mostly to herself unless she were being visited. She did not seek company out, but usually did not turn it away if it came. The Consul was markedly quieter than was her nature to usually be though. With all the pain of her heart and her body, she had started to retreat inward, unable to cope with the horrible loss of her adopted son. Everyone did their best to ease her self accusations and grief, but it was of little help. Savina had crawled into a deep, dark hole and at the moment she had little desire to leave it. She constantly had the metal mask that had belonged to Denali by her side and refused to let anyone remove from her person. Not only was it all she had left of him, but it was now her burden to bear; a symbol of the emotional and psychological weight she had placed upon her shoulders.

The Marino woman had been staring without focus or expression at the wall of her temporary room on the ground floor. She wished she could be in her regular room, but it was not possible for her to climb the stairs in her condition and she would not allow herself to be carried. The Italian fey was still the leader of this pack and she did not wish to appear as so much of an invalid. Her brother's short call for a leader came as a surprise and as much as she wished to just stay where she was, she knew she could not. With a slow effort, she rose herself to her feet, a grimace painting her face. Taking a moment to catch her breath, she then hobbled out of the door and into the main area; her left back leg still could not take much weight and her right shoulder pained her when she moved.

The limping alpha came up to her brother and then her dulled emerald gaze fell on the form of a young boy whom she did not know. Even though he looked nothing like Denali, she felt an aching pain in her heart for they would not have been far apart in age if her son were still alive. "Ehno," she said, looking back to her brother. "Whom do we have here?" The Consul looked back to the boy and tired to muster a welcoming smile so she wouldn't appear as such a monster, limping out from the shadows.

<style type="text/css">
.savinaw b {font-weight:bold; color:#576B74; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.savinaw-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.savinaw p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.savinaw {margin:0 auto; width:487px; background-color:#B3AD99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... avinaw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #78848C; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DDD9CC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #828986; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Ehno smiled at the pup's excitement. The youngster might not have been willing to say it outright before, but it was evident in the way that he looked around the room with such interest that he was ready to settle down from his wandering ways. Zepherus seemed to understand that his staying here would depend upon his acceptance into their ranks. Ehno was not worried about him being denied, however. He could see no reason for the young wolf to be turned away by either of the leaders. The Marino nodded to the other, then began to address his previous question. "Well, what sort of skills do you have? Your responsibilities could begin from there."

A few moments ticked by and brought with them the limping form of Savina. The sight of her in such pain summoned feelings of sorrow and sympathy. Perhaps they could get through this quickly, so she could return to her much needed rest. "I'm sorry to disturb you, sorella," he began, looking apologetically to his sister. "This is Zephereus. It seems he could use a place to call home." Amber eyes turned back to the dark-furred pup, expecting him to confirm this. "Zepherus, this is my sister, Savina. She leads our pack."
{That's okay! From what I take she is pretty beat up haha ^_^}

Ehno asked the young pup what he was good at, Zepherus replied, "Good at? I'm not really sure...I've only ever known running. I guess I'm pretty good at running, does that count?".Zepherus had never sat down and thought about what he was good at...he was good at playing with spiders but he didn't think that's what Ehno meant by skills. Oh well, Zepherus figured we would have to start from scratch, he was willing to do whatever it took to make this place his home.

There was a grumbling deep withing the house, followed by footsteps. Zepherus knew that this was it. The good thing about it was that it could go one of two was, he was either accepted or he wasn't. Simple as that. The butterflies in his stomach steadily grew as the footsteps got closer. Suddenly, a very injured wolf appeared, she was a thin with a long dark cloak. She also appeared to have something around her neck...Zepherus instantly thought how constricting, and uncomfortable that must get...he hoped it wasn't a thing all members of the pack had to do...

She called Ehno 'Brother', for some reason he never thought of Ehno as a brother but now that the she-wolf mentioned it, he did seem like a brother. And a father, and an uncle, and pretty much everything a pup needs...seconds later Ehno formally introduced Zepherus to Savina, mentioning that she was the leader of the pack. The pup thought it was probably expected to say something but he was freaking out a little bit about the fact that he was meeting the leader. "Hi, er...um...how do you do?"
[html]

300+

It was strange, having such difficulty moving around. Savina had been injured before but never so severely in areas that were responsible for so much of her locomotion. Still, she was doing her best at not letting the pain, either physical or emotional, get to her too much in this moment. The young wolf was clearly nervous and she had no desire to compound the boy's nerves. If anything she wished to allay them. Her brother apologized for calling on her, but the wounded alpha just shook her head. In times like this such things could not be helped. At least this was a young wolf instead of a fully grown one. That helped things somewhat. How was it that so many lost pups showed up at their door? Not that she complained of this for she was happy her pack could be a haven for them.

Savina's emerald eyes settled on the pup, Zepherus, as they were introduced. A slightly more sincere smile was managed by the wounded woman as he nervously spoke. "I have seen better days, but that is of no mind right now. You have no need to be nervous Zepherus." Her voice was soft and kindly even though the strain on her legs that were well enough to bear her weight was beginning to tire her. "If you need a home then you would be welcome to call Crimson Dreams by that name." She looked over his form carefully before asking, "How old are you?" The Marino felt she had a pretty good gauge on the boy's age, but she wanted to be sure before she gave him his rank.

<style type="text/css">
.savinaw-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.savinaw {margin:0 auto; width:487px; background-color:#B3AD99; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... avinaw.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #78848C; padding: 10px 0px 255px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#DDD9CC; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #828986; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Ehno smiled down at the pup as he claimed to be good at running. It should have come as no surprise that the youngster would have notable skills in something like that, considering that the dark-furred pup had apparently spent much of his time on his own. Running from threats and running after small prey would be a valuable asset to those who lived on their own, such as Zepherus had. "Sure, that can count. Don't you worry, I'm sure we'll figure out something for you. There's no rush," he said with a wink. The boy was young and would certainly grow to develop more skills as time went on and he became accustomed to pack life.

Zepherus then began speaking with Savina, and the Marino male watched in silence as the two conversed. It seemed clear that his sibling would be willing to bring this young wolf into their home, as he had assumed. Ehno was glad that they were able to offer the lone pup a safe place to call home. He remained silent through their conversation, amber eyes darting between each of them as they spoke. He was eager to return to the journey he had been about to set out on, but he wanted to be able to make sure that Zepherus was able to settle in without trouble before he left. There was still plenty of daylight left, and he was in no hurry.
The young wanderer breathed a sigh of relief, Savina was going to let him stay here. Forever! Zepherus was ecstatic, a smile spreading across his dark face. "I'm 8 months old." He answered without thinking. 'Crap!' he thought to himself, hopefully they didn't care about his young age, he didn't think they would but it was a possibility. He shoved the thought back into his mind and tried not to think about it. But the problem with not thinking about things was that you always remembered that you where trying not to think about it. His face scrunched up, trying not to think about the thing that you where trying not to think about was hard work. He had an idea, his blue eyes bounced around the room in search of anything puppy related. He wasn't sure, most of the room was hidden by the couches. Zepherus couldn't imagine Savina or Ehno being anti-puppy, they both had a very parental air about them and assumed that they both had pups of their own.

As he thought about the potential families of the wolves, his mind began to unfold with possibilities. What would it be like to run around with his fellow peers? He thought about the feeling of another pups ear in his mouth, Zepherus playfully nibbling at it, secretly hoping that the pup would bite back. Exploring every depth of this new territory, finally coming to rest in a sunny patch of wild flowers, panting so hard it hurt to wag your tail. If an easy prey walked along their path, they still wouldn't be able to chase after it. He had always daydreamed about pack hunting while he was waiting for a lazy rabbit to bounce along. How exciting it would be, forming in position and taking down large prey, being part of a team was a magical thing. Zepherus snapped back to reality, 'maybe I shouldn't be thinking about this right now.' He thought to himself.
[html]

I'll go get Zepherus titled up now! Savi will be exiting, but you can continue the thread for longer if you and Jenny want Smile

It was good to see the happy smile spread across the young boy's face and she was happy that she could help him. It relieved the pain of how she had failed her adopted son, at least for this short moment anyway. "You'll be a Iuvenis for now then, until you're a couple months older. Then you will move to adult ranks." Zepherus' attention seemed to bounce around the room for a few moments and then the young wolf appeared to be lost in thought. Savina could feel her weariness and pain creeping back up on her and she knew that she could not stay out here for much longer at all. Likely she would need the composure and strength she had left just to make it back to her room unassisted. "You're free to wander about the house and the territory now, and even claim your own room if you wish. Ehno, perhaps you could show Zepherus some of the empty rooms, if you have the time," she said, emeralds looking back to her brother. He seemed a bit anxious to get going, but she simply did not have the mobility to do the task right now.

"Welcome to Crimson Dreams Zepherus, I hope you will enjoy living here." The Consul gave the boy one last smile before awkwardly turning around and limping back in the direction that she had come. Only when her back was turned did the pained and sorrowful look return to her face. Time to return to the darkness of her wounded heart.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.