Souls charries based on....?
'Dore is a randomer. He's defo not me cause I'm empathy less most of the time and J'adore is always trying to help out. His love of Spain is mine though!

Io is... a bitch. But I've only now realised how much she is like Alaine. Same breed, oldest child is male, both female, florence + the machines theme song.... 'cept Alaine is a much nicer person. Io is a bit like me also cause she really doesn't care about anything to do with anyone else. Io is complex and is likey to go insane.
Vigilante was loosely based on Boondock Saints, my favorite movie. <3 He's based more on Noah (Il Duce, if you've only seen the first, the boys' father) than anything, though he's definitely grown out of that into something else.

Noah, his son, is also based on the Boondock Saints and his plot will delve much more into that, hehe. x3

Princess isn't based on anyone, I adopted her and loved the idea of her, heh. She's definitely my favorite to play, though she's... less fun, now that she's matured. D:

Artemis isn't really based on anyone, though later I decided she's similar to Max from wild Things, though very good-natured... Just rambunctious. "She's going to give the Marino-Sadira family more grey hairs than you'd imagine," I believe I said, lol.

Lolita.. Was based entirely on the disease she had. I read about it and it sounded cool, so I did a bunch of research and Lolita was born.

Nala Garner was based on Alan Garner from the Hangover. <3 Just a stupid, but doesn't think he's stupid, awesome guy. <3 He changed a lot... I miss playing him. I shouldmake use of LASKY.
Pixie's voice and some of her personality traits are based on the singer Pink and her songs, as well as classic female rockers such as Joan Jett and Janis Joplin. I've had several characters like her before, so she's kind of pieced together with what I thought were the best traits of her past "versions," I guess you could say. I find it's better to write from her POV when I don't consciously try to make her just like her influences. I just mix in bits and pieces of them whenever I post with her.

I've also been considering having my second character be named Sergeant Pepper and being obsessed with the Beatles. But I'm waiting to make it official. XD
I made up Luna from my imagination, but i based her off on naturist medics or herbalists. In fact, her image was inspired on the connection that she has (somehow) with nature and how much she loves it.
Ayasha I kind of just wanted to make a cute puppy that I could keep and form for years.

Rory is based on Irish-ness in general.

I'm currently making a hippie/gypsy coyote hybrid named Pearl who is totally a free spirit and into free love but with leaning towards women.
Shiloh Grant the name came from a writer called Shiloh Walker that I so happened to like a lot. The name stuck and she was like a make as you go charrie but her scars and personality is much like my own. I have scars from bug bites all over me so I wanted Shiloh to have scars. Also the loss of family and being adopted into AniWaya relates to my own adoption in life. She has a caring disposition and loves easily and gets hurt just as easily. She is short like me too. So in many ways Shiloh is like me.

Rain is my more violent side I never let out. I am not easily angered but I do keep that anger inside me much like he did. He was going to be a caring person and after the AniWayin war thingy is over I am going to have him move to a different pack and change.
Saxif was originally based off me. Grew up on a reserve where I didn't really agree with the religious beliefs. I was considered "rich" even though I would be considered middle-class. Eventually I left and have become very in-touch with the traditional native american ways. Her younger self is more or less me. Then her angered self is my pent up anger that I never show. Slowly though she is just becoming her own slipping into something built off threads.

Inrik is just something I thought up after seeing a video on blacksmithing. I thought the idea was cool but his character is missing something so I was unable to proceed forward.

Xyza. I always was interested in writing for a character who has DID. But I also wanted to create a bag-lady or hoarder of some sort with the belief in the beyond. I incorporated the two and hope to get started with her.

Bojangles was the creation of mine and Tawny's babble. He is based off all the perverted old men who oogled my boobs and tried to pick me up when I was 16.
I don't base my characters' personalities on anything or anyone -- they are known to write themselves, so as a result none of them have so far turned out the way I intended them to >_>

HOWEVER! Names and appearances ARE based on personalities I have come to adore/love/care for in various movies/books/animes 8D

Haku Soul was named after Haku in Spirited away.
Itachi Lykoi is named and visually inspired by Uchiha Itachi (<3333)
My future character that I shall not reveal will be named after my favorite character from ASOIAF ;_;

Hurr.

And cow was inspired by a cow, does that count?
Tawny and Dixie are both mostly based on me at different times of my life...barring the speech problems. I'm from Texas, love horses and other animals, had a sketchy time with parents, and don't like physical contact...and sometimes I talk with a thick southern accent.

Does that sum it up? xD
All my characters pull from some aspect of my own personality as it makes it easier to see things from their POV. Though none of them are based completely from myself.

StarHowler was based heavily on my own social withdraw and lack of all confidence around my peers at the time I played her.

Anann is largely my confident side. Which my confidence has only started to build in the last few years thanks to my relationship with my husband. I am also quite tall and have a large strong build though unlike Anann, I'm not exactly fit and am a bit overweight. She also has my horsemanship and a lot of the interaction between her and Rem come from experiences with my own horses. Outside influences for her often pull from the movie Kingdom of Heaven.

Cypress is still under some development, he has strayed slightly from my original vision for him (all my characters do though, they always seem to develope a life of their own). Like me in my adolescents, he is struggling to find his place in the world and feels no particular drive or goals for himself. He is content to simply exist, though he does want to know his father better in attempt to perhaps understand himself.

Keese is simply the villain I needed him to be and there is little real depth to him.
Jazper isn't based on anything...maybe just a stereotypical big Scottish man? XD He started off a little hot tempered and over confident but highly sensitive (much like his son Tony is now) and grew into a kind hearted warrior with a temper that snaps every now and then. I pretty much just went off of the events through his childhood and young adult life and he became who he is XD

Giuseppe was planned as a pairing with Matteo (obviously) and Sky and I just made a basic list of characteristics for the brothers and a history. Honestly, much like Jazper, I use the history mixed with current events to drive his personality forward and make it deeper.
Barry's personality is based loosely on several drug dealers I met in Philly. Everything else about him (background, skills, etc.) is from a mishmash of things. His combat training is mostly from his paternal great-grandmother's history, who was based on dog fight dogs. His spirituality has primarily Buddhist influences; his mechanical ability comes from his mother and was sort of based on me, I guess.

Anselm was just a mafia guy with a lot of street smarts and a rough past. Idk Tongue
Io is kinda based off of a charrie in Sucker Punch, while I based Galileo off of a charrie in LXG. Kable is partly based off of Scott Pilgrim, J'adore developed into a partly Lionel Messi type guy, and Danish is a steriotypical Cuban cigar smuggler.

I do this basing thing subconciously XD
Val's gone from being based off of me to being based off of me AND various hookers I have met. Yes. Because hookers are nice ladies. Anyhoo.

Guppy is based off of... Well she's kind of based off of someone I know who's a total brown-noser. And neat freaks. And. Yeah. I don't know XD

(random future characters are based off of serial killers and boxers respectively)
Stuff.
DaVinci is based off Imriel from Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel Trilogy.

Firefly.. is just one scary bitch... she's the monster I hide..I really am a very hate filled angry person.. who dislikes the world and loves to use petty ways to get what I want.. no.. really..

Zana.. is based off the pygmy natives from The Mummy. Yes.. right down to the blowdarts... her personality.. is just what happens when a freak has to find a way to survive.
Emmanuelle is based off of Tye Lee from Avatar: the last airbender. I'm going to have her start walking on her front paws awww yeaah.
the thought of emma walking on her front paws is adorable omg

Anyway, my characters aren't really based off anything? With a couple of exceptions, I guess, and of course subconsciously they might be based off something. xDD

Skoll is based off that stereotypical high-school-jock-with-a-heart-of-gold, football player on honor roll sorta kid. He's probably gonna grow up to be a ladykiller, aawwww man. Hoping he'll evolve to be more than that archetype obviously, haha.

Vesper is who's really interesting. For most of my roleplaying career, I've been completely unsuccessful at making a good female character. My solution? I took the personality of a male character from the story I'm writing and made him a lesbian werewolf. 8D So she's a Raze-character based off a Raze-character, yeaaaaah!

What's most interesting is how she evolved, really, from being his personality in a new body and environment. Her backstory is also the same as his, but their emotion toward their history are emphasized on different aspects (she's caught up on Juniper and killing Oliver, while Vell's freaked out about his dad and sister even if he tries to hide it). She began as less mature than Avellander, more prone to being an arrogant bitch and reminiscent of how he was before the beginning of the story (being an arrogant, aloof bastard). However, she's ended up maturing in roleplay, but in just enough of a different direction than him that makes her a fresh character! Yay!

Both are scarred ladykillers, yarrrrr. ;3

And I guess Wilson's name was based off a doctor and a volleyball. lololol

EDIT: Actually... One more thing. xD While Levent's personality was based off an older character of mine... he was inspired by someone else x3
Terra was based off several things. Anansi the spider, Brer Rabbit, El-ahrair-ah from Watership Down, Loki, and an actual native deity called Coyote, who she actually worships and tells stories about (the stories are made up as i have a lousy memory for actual folklore). One day I'm gonna give her an alias to match Loki and his fire, since so much of her darker spirited tricks come from him.

I hate to say it but...Amy Sunders is my temper personified. All those horrible things you imagine doing when losing your temper? That's her. Luckily it's very rare for me to lose my temper, so Amy stays in the game and out of real life XD

Dalgina is based off children in general with their innocence, naivety, and wild imaginations. Her being an artist is a pure creation of my jealousy of those who can draw, so made a character who can do what I can't. You could say she's more of an idea than anything else.

Hadley's personality is actually based off how he was originally portrayed when still a preybot character, before I took him in and made him Amy's playtoy. He has since evolved, very strangely, considering how he was supposed to be adopted by someone other than me (I caved after Sebastian made Hadley so intriguing I wanted to play him myself XD)

Adelle is still being figured out, but she is actually partly based off Skoll with his wish to grow up and be a warrior and be like his dad. Adelle's hyperness is her own, as is her attitude, but her devotion to her grandfather is definitely Skoll based. The wish to be a warrior was based off Regner.
Kiara is based on my the most innocent and naive parts of my own personality. I have taken all of the good things about myself and placed them to the extreme. Kiara is, in many ways, the person I wish to be. Naive, kind, gentle, and motherly.

Hotaru is also base off of parts of my own personality. Hotaru embodies my anger, wit/intelligence, and strength (once again, to the extreme). When faced with darkness, I wish that I could be her.