Thread Information
Date: February 16th - Backdated

Setting: Mansion

Time: Morning

Character Form: Optime
[/html]
[html]

c:

Artie had woken up. There was no way to explain just how happy the pack was to hear that the sleeping daughter was awake to the world once more. But that beautiful bright light was snuffed out in a heartbeat as Savina found out what happened to Denali. And then the quiet came back. This time, it was still a heavy, fear riddle silence of a family holding it's breath. It seemed to be holding is breath for a long time, it was a wonder they had not yet suffocated under their worry. But the Sadira boy had not gone to see his sister, even though her eyes opening meant that the deep breath held back in was eased slightly; he had gone out to look for Denali again, even though it would have been easier to forsake the trip; he had found nothing still. No one had. It seemed he had truly run off and was never coming home to his family, adopted or not.

But it was high time that Silvano went to see his flesh and blood, his own sister, his littermate. It was time that he see her with life, but still looking so thin and weary. She had to be hungry, but he did not go to feed her; Amata and Cambria were in charge of that. They were the ones there to heal; he was not a healer, he was more mind than compassionate emotion. He could not be like them, even though he admired them. Silvano still loved his family, his sisters, and his brother, to death, but he could not hold himself responsible for his health; it had to be harder than anything else.

Silvano decided to take the book he had been reading to his sister while she had lain comatose. Treasure Island, tucked under his arm, was the story he knew the girl would like; it was all about the things she liked; adventure, treasure. It was something fun for her. He would talk to her now, now that he had come home again. He knocked tentatively at her door, wondering if their mother sat with her still. "Artie? Can I come in?"

<style type="text/css">
.silvanofreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9aa2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0f1117; }
.silvanofreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; text-align:center;}
.silvanofreeb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.silvanofreeb {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#535b72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ofreeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #9e9aa2; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.silvanofreeb-border1 {width:484px; border:1px solid #0f1117; margin:0 auto;}
.silvanofreeb-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #373c4b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
By Alli
300+
[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+

It had not been long since her eyes had opened and she had learned of her fall and the subsequent series of events, but already the weakened and frail girl of silver felt as if it had been in another lifetime that she had fallen. Artemis still did not know how to handle the concept that an entire month of her short life had been stolen from her. There had never once been a question of her own safety in her mind. The young Marino had seemingly always thought herself invincible, though it had been unknowingly. Of course, her family must have had such worries about her, and it seemed it would have been rightfully so. Artemis was and always had been, admittedly, careless about her own safety.

She usually had a family member or two in the room with her these days, but Artemis was alone in the room now. Truthfully, she did not mind it much. Though she had been the most adventurous and rambunctious pup that Crimson Dreams had seen in a long while, Artemis had become secluded within herself as of late and she was nearly as quiet as Parker on some days. Questions had been asked, both by herself and by others, but she no longer wished to answer them and she no longer desired answers of her own. No one could tell her what she wanted to hear. Artemis wanted to be told that Denali was back and safe and that he had not left because of her, but there was no one that could lie to her and tell her those things.

The knock at her door drew her attention enough that she turned her head listlessly to gaze at it until a voice she recognized instantly spoke to her. She had never been as close to Silvano as she had been to Denali, but his company was more welcome than some. "Come in," she called, realizing with a sharp pang of sadness and self-pity how weak her voice was, how frail she sounded.

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

c:

As he heard the permission meekly echo toward him, Silvano opened the door to his sister's room, brows furrowed with concern at how ... how weak his strong Artie sounded just then. Softly shutting the door behind him, the Sadira took the chair by his sister's side, a quiet smile on his face.. Artemis should know that grin of his by now, for it was how he looked at Parker and her. But that was more of late because of what had happened. They were not immortal and they were not superman, impenetrable and invincible. Mortal and flimsy, Silvano was wary of how temporary everything was now. Was he always so blind? Were they all so blind? Maybe it came with growing up that they realized just how impermanent everything was.

"How are you feelin', Artie?" asked the boy. Or was he a young adult now? It was so hard to tell sometimes. One day he would feel like a child, giggling as he ran around. Another, he would feel grim and serious. The latter seemed to happen more often now. "Bet you're getting sick of this room," he said smiling broadly as he sat down beside the bedridden girl. She probably was tired, even considering her long sleep. But after that, Silvano bet she was tired both from being awake so much all of a sudden and of being stuck in bed. He figured that Cambi would have to okay it before their mother let her out. "I brought you somethin'," he said, putting the book in her lap. "I don't know if you will like it. But I figured you would like the adventure..."

<style type="text/css">
.silvanofreeb b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9aa2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0f1117; }
.silvanofreeb-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; text-align:center;}
.silvanofreeb {margin:0 auto; width:480px; background-color:#535b72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ofreeb.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #9e9aa2; padding: 125px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0f1117; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.3px; text-align:justify;}
.silvanofreeb-line1 {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dotted #373c4b; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
By Alli
000+
[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+

“I’m tired,” she replied weakly, soft blue eyes looking warily at her brother as he sat beside her. Artemis did not know he or Parker had been during the past month or how they had handled the news of her fall. She knew that Cambria and Amata had both been in her room quite often to care for her with their mother, but she did not know anything of how her littermates had handled the news, or her older brother Gotham. She did not know how her aunt or uncle had been, or what her cousins had been doing. There was so much that she did not know, and it frightened her a great deal to be so unsure of everything.

The room was not bothersome, though she hated to be in one spot for so long and she felt cooped up being in one room for so long. She had little desire to leave it though; she did not know what she would do when she could. Savina had told her a bit of what she had missed and she knew her friend was gone and had not been seen for a month. Staying in this room did not seem so problematic now that she knew that there was little else she could do outside of it.

Her eyes fell to the book that he brought, and though she was feeling weak and tired and reading had never been her most liked hobby, her face lit up with the briefest of smiles. Though they had never been exceptionally close, she loved her brother and he knew her so well. “Thanks, Silv,” she said. She did not know when she would read it, but she would, because he had brought for her and she loved him. “What have you been up to?” She could not speak much at one time; the words drained her. It was difficult, as she had once been so talkative.

<style type="text/css">
.ArtieWF-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#FFFFFF; text-align:right; }
.ArtieWF {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#BAE4FB; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... tieWF2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #92C7DE; padding: 270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#92C7DE; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

"That'll go away eventually. Then you'll be back to your energetic self again," he promised her, smiling back. He was sure she would bounce back eventually, and she might even help them look for Denali. But that left Silvano wondering what would happen if they never found the boy or if something had happened. Then what would that do Artemis? Would she feel responsible like their adopted brother had felt when she fell off of the roof? Would they end up losing her to a depression or something else radical? And what about their mother? What could she do to deal with all that? She had almost lost herself with Artemis's coma and was only slowly brightening. But the house was still cold without any of them knowing where the boy was. Poor kid.. Silvano hoped he was okay wherever he was. After all, Denali was not fit for this weather in the least.

He knew that his sister was never an avid reader like he was, but he figured the thought would help her out. But the story was still good! He smiled at her, no longer the slow child he once was. Now he was starting to realize that he only had too many thoughts for his head to process fast enough. Maybe that was like Artemis; she had had too much energy for herself to contain. But this tired form was not acceptable. She had to get better or else everyone would stay upset. And Mother would blame herself more. It was a vicious cycle that should not go on.

"I've just been trying to help out everything else. Didn't do a very good job since more people will listen to Anu or to Dad or to Uncle Jazper or Aunt Ghita but still. I helped Uncle Jazper patch up some of the windows during the blizzard. Did Mama tell you about it?" he asked, cocking his head at Artemis. He looked down at the book in her lap, remembering. "Oh and, I don't know if you remember or not.. but I - we - you're on chapter 15..," he faltered, trying to figure what it would be. "I.. read you some of that when you slept..," he muttered at the end, hoping his sister either remembered or had been told.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
By Alli
000+
[/html]
[html]

♥ 300+

The possibility of her feeling guilty about Denali's extended absence from the pack's territory with no word was already one that had been realized. Her mother had not told her what Denali had written in his note to spare the silver girl's feelings, but it did not matter, as Artemis had felt guilty almost immediately. There was no other possibility if her mind. Her adopted brother had been missing since she had fallen from the roof while playing with him, so what other option could there be? Though she tried not to vocalize it again, the young Marino knew that it was all her fault. It had to be. Silvano's words sounded as if he thoroughly believed them, but the small sister was unsure of whether or not she could even begin to believe them. She had only been awake for three days, but the prospects seemed so hopeless to her and she was hurt by Denali's absence.

She nodded weakly, a very small laugh forced from her, her body seemingly too tired and weak to properly laugh or smile. "She did tell me... I'm glad no one was hurt." She was glad she had not been hurt by any of the windows breaking in her room. She supposed she had been lucky. Her brother had grown so much; he had always been serious, but now he seemed more mature. It scared her in a way she could not explain. Silvano and Parker and her older siblings had been given the time to grow and mature and learn, but a month of her life had been spent slumbering in a room on the second floor of the mansion. What if that meant she was so far behind them now? She was small and frail, nothing like she once was.

The month of sleep had been uniterrupted and she had not known of those that came to visit her. She had not known how much time her mother had spent by her side and she had not known of the efforts her two older sisters made to heal her with no results. She had been playing with Denali on the roof, and then she had been laying in a bed, too frail to move her head to speak to her mother. But just barely, she could recall dreams, voices of her family and music, even. "I had dreams, I think... I could hear your voice, and Amata's voice, and Mama's voice... But I couldn't find you. I don't... know what anyone said, though," she admitted, forcing out more words than seemed possible to her. "Could you tell me... about what we already read?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Silvano nodded at his sister, almost absently. He had been concerned for people during the blizzard, but everyone got out all right and little was damaged in the pack, which was a very good thing in his mind. It had just been hard to get out after it since the snow was so very high. It was funny to see the snow drifts against the first story windows being so high against the pane. It had made him laugh at the time with some of the others at the manor, but now that Artemis was awake, it seemed less important. "Did she tell you about all that snow we go? That was absolutely ridiculous? I wish you could have seen it. You would have dragged us all out into it." He grinned at Artemis, but then realized he probably said something wrong. She must feel like she had missed out on so much and here he was talking about what she would have enjoyed so much. "Sorry..," he apologized softly, feeling guilty.

He looked at the book in her hands as he listened to her. He never knew what a coma was like but he knew that people speaking could influence dreams. Maybe that was what was happening to Artemis. Or maybe it was just that her mind was stuck in a limbo with no way up or down or out with a random music player constantly on around her. "That doesn't sound fun at all, Artie..," he commented, furrowing his brows as he gazed up at her. "Mama, Amata, and Cambria - Mati too - were always in here with you. I didn't come as often as I'd have liked but.. you were in very good hands." Those four were the best, especially since three were related and one of those was their very own mother.

The book.. he had been reading it to Artemis in short spurts but he knew that they were not far at all. "I was also reading it for Mama while she was with you, so she could preoccupy herself just a bit with something fun. I think.. I think we left off..," he faltered off, gently taking the book from her hands and looking through to his bookmark. "I think we just met Long John Silver." He handed the book back. "I think he's the villain of the story."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
By Alli
300+
[/html]
[html]

wotd: dapple. ♥ 300+

What he suggested was true—Artemis would have insisted that they all explore outside, had she been awake and alert during the storm. Instead, she had been in this bed, motionless and stuck in the limbo of an endless sleep. It had not been a restful sleep, but one she had woken from feeling exhausted and confused. The dappled silver girl tried to hide the sadness from her brother, but she nodded as he apologized. It was likely going to be difficult for anyone to understand what she was going through. While they had all been aware of each passing day, though suirely hurting and worried because of her accident, she was missing a month of her life and she had missed a great deal, it seemed. The hardest part, though, was knowing that Denali had run away and it was because of her. Her mother had not said as much, but Artemis could figure it out on her own.

She looked away as he spoke the names of those that were in her room the entire time. She had heard their voices and that helped her to know that he was speaking the truth, but it was a difficult concept to handle. The girl was smaller and much more frail than ever, her body weak and her mind exhausted. This was difficult for her. She did not know if anyone else had visited her and she knew she would never remember, for how could she, being asleep as she was. Her eyes roamed his face as he looked in the book at where he had left off in reading it to her, but they drifted as he looked up and handed the book back to her. She would not remember the story up to that point; she would have to read it again when she finally could do more with herself than lay in the bed. "Thanks," she said, blue eyes brimming with tears focused elsewhere, anything but her brother's face. Artemis did not cry, and she would not let him see it if she did.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

c:

Silvano stared at his sister as she thought about his words. He looked away from her them, hoping to go e her a tad but of privacy. Well as much privacy as she could get with her brother sitting beside her and the room thick with the silence of two different siblings. They were very different weren't they? Even now the young adult had a hard time talking to his sister. But Silvano really hoped it would get better as Artemis recovered and got her old spunk and energy back. Then, maybe she would be her old self and lead him by the hand to some harebrained adventure that would make their mother groan in fear. No, maybe that wad a bad idea. Savina had had such a hard time already. It wax best if she wasn't run so ragged that she would go even more grey from worry.

When the Sadira looked back at his sister with concerned green eyes, he saw her struggling with herself, unshed tears in her eyes threatening to fall down her face. Shocked and surprised, Silvano practically sprang to his feet. On his knees beside the bed, hands on the covers, the boy looked grimmly up at his sister. "Artie! I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" he asked, voice strained as he tried to keep a face free of worry for his sister's sake. "Arty, what's wrong?" he asked softly, holding back a still familiar puppy whine.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
By Alli
300+
[/html]
[html]

The silver girl and her brother had always been very different, like yin and yang, but she loved him so much and she knew he felt the same. Parker was yet another opposite; the litter was rather balanced in that none were too much alike. The silver-painted girl knew little of what she was supposed to do now that she had awoken from her long, seemingly endless slumber. Silvano's visit gave her the distraction from those thoughts that she needed, but it had brought with it a new wave of sadness that she hardly cared to explain to anyone.

"I can't remember any of the story," she mumbled pathetically, keeping her eyes averted from her brother. Of course that was not the only reason that the girl was hurting now, but she could not form words to explain the rest. The young Marino could hardly begin to understand, so how could she explain and expect her brother to understand, too?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+
written during class, posted after

Silvano furrowed his brows, watching the looks on his sister's face. What was going on inside of her head? What was she thinking about with her face all distraught like that? But if she was truly worried about not knowing the story, no worries! Silvano was not hurt she did not know it, or remember it, because he did not know how a coma worked for the person asleep. He had no clue so he could not fault her for not recalling all that he had read to her so far. It was no problem, not a big deal! "Artie! It's okay! You can just read and catch up, it's nothing big," he tried to comfort his sister, grasping her hand tightly in his own. He tried to show her an encouraging countenance, even though his sister would not look at him, and even then she had tears glistening in her eyes, still not shed.

"Would you like me to leave?" he offered softly, thinking perhaps he was just distressing Artemis. His emerald hued gaze was full of understanding; he knew she must have been having a hard time. Silvano could not fault her there. "I can go get you something, if you want. Food, maybe. Anything else, if you want it." He just wanted to help her, to do his best. Silvano wanted to be another Dreamer knight, a fighting Dreamer. He lacked Artie's former energy and zeal and presence, but he could be a quiet knight, wise, but strong at heart. Maybe he ought to talk to Jazper, but right now, his sister Artemis was his focus. She needed him here and now and that was where his mind was at. "I can go get you Cambi or maybe Mama, if you want to talk to them instead of me." Maybe it was a girl thing and she could not talk to him because Silvano was her brother and not her sister or even mother.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
By Alli
300+
[/html]