Such fond memories, such wounded hearts..
Okay. This thread is for those that are injured/wish to help with the injured. Just jump on in if you feel like. I would like.. maybe 2 -3 assistants and the rest to be the ones that were injured based in the plot. Otherwise it might get a little cramped!

----

IC:

After the meeting Angel had made her way swiftly to her cabin and moved all of the furniture along the walls where people would be sitting and lying down as necessary. Angel was static that her healer status had been renewed within the pack and she was about to begin her healing practices again. Her first priority was to heal the badly injured. Bringing out several different colors of tape, green, red and yellow, she prepared them as she laid them out on the counter and then got out her medical metal box. She checked the supplies inside and found that most of her medicinal herbs were bad. Groaning to herself she knew that it would take some time to gather more herbs so upon knowing what she had to do she rushed outside and began to howl her message to the air knowing for some it would take some time.

"All those that have been injured within the storm, and all those seeking to aid with first aid, come to my cabin!"

Angels cabin was hard to miss for it was one of the lucky ones still standing but it had roof damage and broken windows she needed to repair. The red ivy was still scattered about her house but in a very dark dried blood sort of color. Rushing off to the best place to gather the herbs she moved to the particular location of her greenhouse she prayed was still standing and went inside. The greenhouse was built out of normal wood and thin pieces of plastic she found lying about the old cities she visited some time ago. Seeing this she noticed how much warmer her plants were and how they thrived in even the harshest of weathers. Walking inside she noticed that a good chunk of her plants had died but some that somehow were still moist in the soil had gotten enough moisture to survive for even this long. Perhaps someone had found it and began taking care of it for her.

Looking about her greenhouse she found three or four different plants that she needed to use depending on the type of injury she would be faced with. The woman was skilled in a variety of first aid skills anywhere from small cuts to sewing wounds closed to even doing minor surgery if needed. The only issue was going to someplace that was clean and free of dirt when working with such injuries so they would not get infected, but that was what her herbs were for. They helped heal the wounds and remove infections as needed.

Moving back to the house she saw no one had arrived yet so it gave her more time to prepare. Setting down blankets and pillows for the injured she knew perhaps that once they were done with the first aid here that they would be able to stay. It seemed like most of the winter was over but one never knew if something else may happen in the long run to make things worse.
OOC: I'll be glad to offer help to the injured Smile

Pendzez had heard a call from one of the pack members. He was in his cabin, currently looking after Xeris, which was still recovering. From the message, it was a call for the injured. He might be able to help with his herbal remedies which he had in his sacks. However, he didn't want to leave Xeris in case she needed any assistance. He took a pen and some paper and wrote on it, leaving on the bed side table for her, stating that he has gone to Angelique's cabin to assist her with the injured, if she was to awaken. Taking his small sack of White Willow Bark, he departed for Angel's.

He had walked along the gravely path that eventually led to Angel's home. Carrying his sack of White Willow, gradually got closer to Angel's refuge. Upon seeing it, he saw it was still standing also. She was also a lucky one, like himself and Xeris. He had made it to the door, with a deep breath, he knocked three times, before waiting for an answer.
Ookami heard the howl on the wind. Jefferson had told them before that a woman named Angelique was supposed to help with the injured. He rose and walked out the door of Adonia's cabin. He whimpered towards her that he was leaving and walked calmly to the cabin where the howl came from. His leg had been acting up recently so it was tucked up against his stomach. It was sort of difficult for him to walk with only three legs becuase one of his front paws was also injured recently, though this one had nearly healed, it was just sore so he hobbled on three legs.

When he reached Angelique's cabin Pendzez was already there, "Hello Pendzez." He grinned. Was he injured too? He cocked his head, he didn't remember hearing that Pendzez was hurt, "Are you injured too? Or just going to assit?" He decided that he was probably here to help, otherwise he would have looked hurt.. and he didn't in Ookami's eyes. He turned to look at the door, waiting for a wolf that he had seen only a few times to come to the door and ask what was wrong.
Angel had just finished laying down blankets and pillows when she heard the knocking on the door. "Come in!" she shouted to the door as she put the last of the furniture to the side of the room. Now she had begun to light candles for light within the house. When no one entered still, she moved to the door and opened it up to see Ookami and Pendez. "Hey guys! Glad you could make it. Pendez have you come to aid?" Angel asked as she looked to Ookami and saw his tucked up leg. "Oh! Your leg! What has happened to it?" she asked as she leaned to get a closer look.

'Well we shouldn't be standing in this cold much longer," she began. "let us get inside, get warm because I pretty much have things set up we just need to see if the injured would gather. This place is not too far from the location of the meeting so it should not be hard to be able to get here." Angel spoke as she tried to start up the wood stove for heat. It was still mighty cold in here and she had yet to fix the windows to keep the drafts out. Luckily her house was still standing and she assumed because it was of the maple trees she had used. It had stronger bark than most trees so it made it easier to keep standing. Plus the maple syrup that she gathered too when she first built it made excellent seals.

Angel began the stove and then placed a tea pot above it. "With everything set up once thing I do need is food. Luckily some of the ingredients for some of my recipes survived due to the intense cold. I can still bake with these. Care to aid? These won't take but a little while. I will need meat for my smoker for my famous jerky too." she spoke as she blew on the fires to get the oven nice and hot rather quickly. If she could get it to a certain temperature things in the oven would bake smoothly and quicker than normal.
Pardon my slight delay

Before he knocked again, he was met with a voice from behind him. It was a wolf of this pack. One he had met at the pack get together. What was his name again? Ocami? Oak? Something like that. Luckily, the wolf knew Pendzez's name too well. "I'm just assisting. Angel may have knowledge in herbal remedies, but there are still somethings to learn." It was a good thing that the white male had a great knowledge in herb medicines. Maybe he can pass his knowledge to Angel too.

Finally the door opened, with Angel inviting them in. Naturally, Pendzez walked in, but didn't set his bag of herbs down. He was gonna speak, but Angel quickly spoke, fast as well. From that moment, Pendzez could tell she was the same old excited Angelique he remembered. When he had moment, he attempted to speak once more, but again was interrupted by Angel. When she had finished, he simply said, "I see you're still the same old Angel I knew. Good to see you again." Once that was said, he set his bag down along the wall. "I imagine you will have enough herbs for everyone?"
[html]

Temo Wolfe

Temo had found a small doe that had broken 2 legs during the storm. He did not know what happened and he was not going to let her suffer. With quick efficiency, he dispatched her and started his meal when he heard a faint call come to him on the wind. The call was for those to come if they need first aid or to help with giving first aid.

Jace had told him he should make an effort to meet the rest of the pack and after a moments thought, he decided this would be a good opportunity to do so and help out. He looks down at the carcass and the thought occurs to him that it would be a good place to start.

Concentrating and amid various pops and cracks as his muscles and bones rearrange, Temo got his body to change from lupus form to optime form. After everything settled into place and the pain goes away, he sets about to skin the carcass and stripped the meat from the bones and carefully piled it onto the hide. Tying up the hide around the meat with sinew and burying the bones, he hefts the bundle over his shoulder and set off from where the call had come.

A good hike and a couple of rest stops later, Temo finally arrived at the cabin from whence the call had originated. He looked around and did not see anyone, however he could hear voices from within. Tentatively, he approached the door and knocked. Nervously, he waited for someone to answer and when they did, he said, "Hi, my name is Temo and I am new here. I heard the call for aid and thought this meat could go to those that are to injured to hunt."

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
Ookami smiled at her question, "It is a torn ligament. It has already been treated for, but it was quite a while ago. I was wondering if you could re-wrap it and if you maybe have some herbs to numb the pain." He grinned as he followed her inside the cabin. He watched as the female bustled around, trying to get things ready. He grinned, she was active and happy-go-lucky. At least in Ookami's eyes that was what she seemed like to him. He took a seat in what he thought was an appropriete place. He listened to Pendez talk and then grinned as Temo entered. He dipped his head towards Temo. "Hello Temo." He smiled gently as he looked around Angel's cabin. It seemed homey.
Angel nodded to Pendez as she pulled out a jar of her canned herbs and opened a cupboard full of them. "They are all here. Pick all you will need." she spoke as she continued to hustle about. She saw Ookami and nodded at her question of rewrapping it and came over to take a look. "Torn ligaments can be a serious thing if not properly taken care of." Moving it fairly gently she looked to see how much movement the leg could take before leaving it still again. Taking out a roll of cloth she began to wind it around the body of Ookami and around the leg as needed. Before she had begun wrapping she placed two leaves that looked like a five pointed star and four small red berries in it so when she applied pressure they sort of mashed. "The leaves and berried will create a soothing sort of mixture to the injury as a sort of muscle relaxant. Do check back with me daily if you can to be sure that the ligament heals properly." Angel suggested as a new face made his presence to the world.

"Welcome! I do appreciate the meat! You can help me jerk it. We will need food for the injured." she smiled as she motioned with her hand for all of them to come in. "Ookami if you want feel free to sit on one of the cushions on the floor. I rather not have you stress the leg further to be on the safe side." she smiled as she led Temo out the back door which was coming off of its hinges. "Out here is the smoker. We need to find the chips I use which is in a small burlap bag that should be here somewhere. They smell like cinder wood. Well, they are cinder chips."
pardon my delay

Well, Angel seemed to have everything, or at least, most of everything that she'll need for healing everyone. Cuts and bruises and muscle relaxants were all good, but what about internal pain? Does she happen to have anything to numb the muscle pains and that? If not, luckily he came prepared. "I brought some White Willow bark, for internal pains." He gave a little smile to her, like a 'I got your back' type. All he needed for that was the proper apparatus, which she provided.

He took some out as he was going to chop them up into shards for the pot. All he need was a pot, a chopping board, and a knife. He trusted that the energetic female had these thing. "Do you have another pot and a chopping board?" It might have been a stupid question, however, he still needed to know. He turned to the new male that had appeared. "Oh, hello."
[html]

my apologies for the extreme lateness of this post. I really suck at this.

Temo Wolfe

"Hello, Ookami. Good to see you again," Temo replied to Ookami. He turned and nodded to the other, "Hi." His eyes then track around the room looking in wonder at all the paraphernalia. He knew some plants had medicinal properties, but was surprised there were so many.

Temo followed Angel out the back door being careful not to bump it fearing he would continue it's need to separate from the cabin. He had a puzzled look in his eyes as she mentioned helping jerk the meat. He wondered why she would want to jerk it. As she talked about the smoker, he realized "jerk" was another term for smoking meat.

Temo glances around, "I've only read about preserving meat by smoking. I've never actually seen it done." He continues glancing around trying to spy the bag she mentioned. "I'm not familiar with "cinder" wood. What tree is it from?"

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]