Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies
[html]

ooc: 3.9.11 just tell me if it's too soon / you want it edited / dated differently! ^^

Skye had spent the month or so after the storm in helping her packmates - she shoveled snow and called them to her aid, and took in a strange man named Alexander that had fallen into a frozen pool. She had mourned her garden, but was going to grow it back after the cold months wore off; but there was another worry of hers, and that was her parents.

The last time she went to Anathema, she was intercepted by a man named Theodore who had been quite strange; Skye hadn't liked him at all, by the looks in his eyes and that strange grin that accompanied him. Liev had been there, too, and had been more polite than the darker man; she had left on neutral terms, at the least, although both Liev and Theodore had warned her against going back to their lands uninvited, and had both said that they knew nothing of two loners that lived in or around the outskirts of their territory. Loners that would be her parents.

Skye was back again, although she was more cautious this time; she had to find her parents, especially after the dreadful storm. That storm would have demolished their cabin - she was worried about them, and couldn't stay away. Atop her dappled white horse, she rode towards the borders of Anathema. Jack grew restless; the last memories he had of this place were of Theodore scaring him away with a snarl that had almost abandoned her on enemy land, and that hadn't been a good experience. He tossed his head, but Skye rest her hand on his neck, and he continued onward nonetheless.

As soon as Skye scented the smell of the pack, she motioned for Jack to stop. The stallion stopped gladly, tossing his head and getting his mane in her face. She dismounted the horse, but kept a hand on his mane to ensure that he didn't run. Then, hoping that she didn't encounter the dark man once again, she howled.

<style type="text/css">
.sadtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#E7D9B6;}
.sadtree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; text-align:right;}
.sadtree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sadtree {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#220C01; background-image:url(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6577/avatarqk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9A8D7D; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9A8D7D; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sadtree-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.sadtree-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9A8D7D; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Should be fine <333

She had been staring at the back wall of their main cavern for days, for some reason. Naniko felt that there was something missing from their home...something needed to be added to it now that the pack was fully and completely established. Regular members came and went from the pack, but they now had two solid leaders who were sticking around for the long haul. She was glad to have Teddy there to help her with some of the work load.

The female had heard of a pack that had formed just before Anathema had come to life, but hadn't had the time to go up and pay them a visit yet. So many things had been happening in the pack lately between the snowstorm and death of Harlowe. Members needed attention on a day to day basis, the borders needed tending...if they grew much larger, she would have to consider promoting another leader once more.

Naniko was headed out of the territory when she heard the call. It was nearby, she noted, as she turned to make her way toward it. Two feet carried her to the female and her horse, the white wolfess appearing from the brush without much of a sound. "Hello, stranger" The female smelled of one solid scent, giving Naniko the impression that she came from a pack. Was it that new pack? "Did you come looking for someone? Or something perhaps?"

Word Count →

<style>
.nani-t98 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.nani-t98 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nani-t98 .wordcount {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #591000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.nani-t98 b {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.nani-t98 {background-color:#D6B172; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/nanipill.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0500; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nani-t98-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

<3

Skye didn't have to wait long for her call to be answered. Without a sound, a white woman emerged from the bush; she did it so silently that Skye wondered for a moment if it was her imagination, or if that woman really was that good at concealing herself within the wild plants. She then spoke, and Skye was put to ease - this woman wasn't like Theodore, at least, in that she wanted to help her. And she was right - she was looking for someone; two someones, in fact.

"Greetings," she said respectfully, dipping her head slightly; although she was an alpha herself, she wasn't on her own lands, and always sought to show respect to her elders, which this woman certainly was. "I am Skye Collins of Cercatori d'Arte, and yes, I am looking for someone. Two people - they are my parents, and lived on what is now the outskirts of your territory before you formed. I had come searching for them before now, but with the help of two of Anathema's members, learned that they did not know where they were. After the snowstorm, I grew worried...I was hoping that I may try and look for them once more?"

She left the question in the air; if this was the alpha of the pack, perhaps she would know more of the whereabouts of her parents than Theodore or Liev did. She could only hope that the snowstorm hadn't hurt them in any way, although her hopes were growing smaller by the passing seconds.

<style type="text/css">
.sadtree b {font-weight:bold; color:#E7D9B6;}
.sadtree-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; text-align:right;}
.sadtree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.sadtree {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#220C01; background-image:url(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/6577/avatarqk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9A8D7D; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9A8D7D; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.sadtree-border1 {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.sadtree-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9A8D7D; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The female gave a nice introduction. Naniko didn't sense any ill will coming from the other and tried to relax a bit, taking a few deep breaths. She tried to give outsiders the benefit of the doubt, not wanting to cause any trouble if she didn't have to. She was here looking for her family? The Angela had explored nearly every crack and crevice of the outside territory and hadn't found anyone, and then the snowstorm had come...

"I haven't seen anyone either, not even when I was forming the pack and taking claim to the land...we're a fairly new pack. I had heard rumor of another pack that formed before us that was near..hmm. Dahlia? Is that right? But anyway, I've expanded my borders a few times. There are a few areas I haven't checked as well. In short, you're more than welcomed to come in and look as long as I can tag along" She said.

Naniko stepped back to allow the other entrance into the lands. The way that Skye had asked had appealed to her logical side; she wouldn't deny someone the ability to seek out their family. It wasn't Skye's fault that Naniko had chosen to settle her pack in this area. "Did they live in a house? There are a few abandoned cabins that I know the location of"

Word Count →

<style>
.nani-t98 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.nani-t98 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nani-t98 .wordcount {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #591000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
.nani-t98 b {color:#591000; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.nani-t98 {background-color:#D6B172; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/nanipill.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B0500; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nani-t98-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

so sorry for the delay!!

Skye's heart fell slightly when she heard that the white leader hadn't seen or smelled anyone since they settled down. Her parents couldn't have just disappeared out of thin air - even if they had decided to move to escape the new pack that settled down, they would have left a scent mark, a trace, a trail...something. Anguish gripped Skye as she imagined that the last time her parents saw her was when she left for Souls - she hadn't seen them for six months. She shook her head free of those thoughts - that's not what happened. They were somewhere, just not...there, right now.

"Thank you," the creamy-white female said to the other woman - she was grateful that this woman would let her look for her parents, at least. She stepped inside the borders of Anathema gently - she didn't want to disturb anyone or her horse, who was looking warily but did not bray nor run away when Skye tugged gently on his mane for him to step forward. She didn't mount him - to be so much higher than someone else in their territory would be disrespectful, at least in her eyes, and she wanted to give this person as much respect as she could - her parents did live, or at least, once lived, in her territory, after all.

She immediately started north. "They live in a small log cabin," she said. "It's very small and a bit lopsided, since my father made it himself." She headed in the direction that their cabin was - she guessed that it would be a mile or so before they got to it, but she was determined to find her parents - today.

<style>
.snailskye p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.snailskye b {color:#7C5438;;}
.snailskye-linez {width:362px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; font-family: verdana; font-size:12px;}
.snailskye-ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.snailskye {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#B7A8A0; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:360px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/dooysj.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; }</style>[/html]