But the dawn is breakin'
[html]

shannonThis was home, the male stood up as he looked around the sun was high in the sky, spring was here, and with that came food, came animals to hunt and came him building back a stock pile of food for the pack. The pups where going to be starting to come out of the den soon and they would need the food that Deuce would not always be able to give to them. He knew that she would probably throwing her head into books touching back up on her herbal medical stuff. He hoped it would make her happy, he missed the old Deuce, the one that he fell in love with. She had slipped her mind was going, he was not sure if she would ever be the same again.

shannonLucifer smiled as he took a stick sharping the edge of it with the knife that he carried with him. Day dreaming the male pushed the wood off the stick till where it had a tip, he enjoyed crafting these hunting tools, it made hunting have a higher rate of success. Which made for a fatter, happier pack. His blue eyes smiled as he held the stick up holding it up to the sky looking at the, it was not prefect, it had a slight angel, placing the knife back into its sleeve as he stood up with the stick and went over to the water watching the fish, they would come back thicker and heaver as the season came. This year he would make sure everyone had the food, the pack of Twilight Vale would never have to go without.

[/html]
[html]
Conri had been on his way through the lands, making his way toward the borders to have a look around, when he came across the form of Lucifer. Conri could see him a short ways away through a small break in the trees. Taking notice of him and the work that he seemed to be doing, the young Perseus slowed, finally stopping to continue watching. It looked, at least to him, that Lucifer was making some sort of weapon, which he'd seen done before. His thought was confirmed when, shortly after Conri stopped, the onyx male stood and made his way toward the edges of the water. A weapon for fishing, perhaps. It was an interesting idea at the very least, one that Conri wasn't quite knowledgeable in.

After a few moments Conri finally decided to approach, hoping to make his presence known before the other male started fishing, as to not disturb him. The young hybrid made his way quickly out of the trees, picking up his pace just a bit as he approached. Finally, when he neared Luficer, he shuffled to a stop, raising his hand up for a brief moment, a very general greeting. Conri knew quite a bit about the other male but not in a personal sense of things. He knew that his own father had killed Lucifer's mother, that he'd kidnapped them. He also knew that Noah, the man that played a big role in him childhood, was really Lucifer's father. In a way, Conri felt that Lucifer might hold something against him because of who his father was, but so far it didn't seem like it. Maybe he didn't even know.

"Noah taught me about fishing when I was small." He commented finally, eyes watching the still waters in front of them. "Seems like you found a more efficient way for it though. You any good with it?" Conri already knew he was, he was just curious to see him do it.

[/html]
Lucifer did not actually plunge the stick into the water, he would hope that he could make enough that any one that wanted to learn could take a go at it. He hoped that even his own children would one day want to take a rule in helping out with the pack hunts and helping the pack out. Though at risk of getting the "mother luck" where the mother wishes that they have at least one worst then what they where. If he did..he did.

The male smiled seeing his friends mate, he could not be that bad of a being if she was madly in love with him, Lucifer knew that he had made the right choice to join this pack every day. With a nod the male raised his hand back waiving it at the male, with a nice greeting. Nothing over formal but he wanted to leader to know that he was not ignoring him.

"I bet he made a game out of it too, he had a talent at making hunting and learning pack things more like a game and less like a lesson." Lucifer was not sure how the old male was able to do it, but he did. He hoped that maybe he would be able to pick up that skill, maybe it was something. The male stepped into the waters, standing there he waited on the fish to slow come back it took a bit, at this rate he liked the net idea much better.

The male did not want to move, but he rolled his shoulders up to the question of the rusted colored male. This was just an idea that he had been playing with for a while now, and wanted to see how it would work. Seeing the grey colored lengthy fish coming closer and closer the male stooped breathing for a the time it took, till the foolish fish came to the male, he had to be a good two feet long, the male slammed the stick though the fish, it was quick, and there was a heavy weight added onto his stick as he came to shore, the male was proud of his hunting skill, pulling the stick out of the fish the male the male puled his knife out cutting around the head and gills, with a twist the male was gingerly handling the fish as he gave a quick twists while pulling the head away from its body, he pulled some of its spine out with it. placing it to the side, he would sent that back worth Conri for Naniko, he knew she could boil it down and find something out of it.

"Got to love Spring, everything is leaving and coming back all at the same time, and that food here get's stupid and willing to play a game of risk."
[html]
Jade eyes moved slowly across the surface of the water, searching carefully for the forms of the fish that he was certain were swimming just beneath the surface. At times he thought that he could at least see one of them, even if only for a brief moment, but he had to wonder if some of them weren't just his eyes playing tricks on him. Of the few that he did manage to catch a glimpse of, he could already tell that most of them were much larger than the fish that he'd ever caught. It seemed, to him, that they might have lived in the lake quite a long time without ever being disturbed.

"Yeah, he did." Conri said with a bit of a chuckle, lifting his hand to scratch at his ear for a moment. "He even taught me to read after I harassed him about it. I wanted to learn and try to impress Naniko." The chuckle continued on through that statement also, fond of the memories he had of when he wanted to try so hard to make Naniko like him even more. Things were so easy back then, so casual, and Conri couldn't help but miss the days when they were young and had no real cares at all. Things were good now though, at least he liked to think that, with he and Naniko being together again and now having the pack fall together as easily as it had.

The younger male said nothing as Lucifer went to work, his head turning to watch attentively. He knew what he was doing, it was very obvious, but he was still astounded by how quickly Lucifer had managed to snag one. A large one, at that. Conri turned slowly as Lucifer made his way back to the shore, keeping it so that he was facing the male. "I actually wanted to talk you about all this." He stated then, as if it might make more sense as to why he'd inquired about it in the first place. "Since we're just settling in it really doesn't feel right to not have someone to lead hunts and the like. Everyone seems to have faith in your ability, I can understand why, so I thought I might see if you'd be interested in being Twilight Vale's Lead Hunter." He smiled then, continuing to watch the darker male.

[/html]
Lucifer smiled as he sat down as he started to sale the fish he hoped tonight that he could have a big camp out and invite every member to come to have a welcoming party, they where a pack and Lucifer figured that they would have all get to know one another, and be a huge family, that was how he would have hoped it to be. Cutting the fish in half as he cut the organs out of the fish, making sure that he did not cut into any of the organs that could have the risk of poisoning the meat. He was not a cook, he was a pro at burning water, and that was differently not something that came from Noah..maybe Summer, or maybe it was his lack of care to learn that skill.

The male could not help but to laugh when Conri told him that he pestered his father to teach him to read. Noah wanted him to learn all that, and more, but poor Noah was busy trying to keep Lucifer in line. Lucifer smiled, as he looked over to the male as he ran his knife under the meat be hide the skin of the fish. "Well I think it worked. You have a great girl, and she is head over heals in love with you Conri, and it seems like she found her-self a great guy too." Lucifer smiled, he was glad that they where so happy together, they where the story tale couple, hit a few patches now and then but loved one another without finding flaws.

Then the topic of hunter came up, he was not sure if he had heard him right, they wanted him? The male that would leave Deuce and go out and hunt all day and night and would bring back just one or two rabbits, or maybe a small doe. He would more so play the day away to avoid coming back to Deuce so they would not fight. The male shook his head. "Your joking right? It would be such a honor...but me? I did not think that just wanting to make sure that everyone had the food, would bring me to this point." Lucifer was not sure how to take this, he felt like this was something that was just a hobby, learning and trying new things. Though it was paying off.
[html]
Most nights, usually when he was trying to fall asleep, Conri would lay and think about the past. It was funny to think back on some parts of it, mostly those that involved Naniko. He always tried so hard to do things for her or because of her, he wanted her to be happy and to never ever hate him, when in reality it all seemed like events that would be considered courting to some. Perhaps it was, maybe he started early because he had those kinds of feelings for her and just didn't understand them back then. Whatever it was, he was glad that they had turned in to what he and Naniko now shared. A day hadn't gone by yet that Conri ever thought he and Naniko weren't meant to be together.

Conri settled himself to the ground just as Lucifer did, curling his legs over one another and pulling them close. He smiled then, at the comment about he and Naniko. "I've always thought that I'm pretty lucky." Even through all the months that he was gone, Naniko still loved him, he was a fool to have ever doubted her. "You and Deuce seem to be going well for yourselves also." He commented, though only slightly aware of the problems that they had before. "Children and Grand Children already and all." He'd known they were to have children by the simple fact that he'd visited Deuce while she was pregnant, though he hadn't known much about Dierdre, it had been so long since he'd seen her.

"That's one of the reasons that you'd be best for it. You want everyone to be fed well and you don't seem to have any qualms about hunting." The red hybrid nodded his head then, reinforcing his words. "We'll try and get some hunters to work under your command of course, but until then if you ever need help hunting, I'll aid you." As a Leader, Conri knew he couldn't just pass off the work on to everyone else. It was his job to help care for them all also.

[/html]
The fish was coming along quite nice, he was willing to beat if he was going for quickness, that he could have had it scaled and ready to cook by now, but he was enjoying the company from the younger male. It was not often that he had seen him, they did have so much in common, both of there mothers had at one now been mates, and of course there was his father and his mother. Something that Lucifer held it to no one what happened. Conri was not able to control the actions that his father had done. Lucifer smiled over to the new leader. Deuce...yes his white mate. "I've been blessed with a wonderful mate, two wonderful boys, and two wonderful grandson's. He was a bit young for grandchildren, but yet..there they where.

With a nod, Lucifer would take a job, he was willing to do anything to help out the pack that he was in, this was now his home, and if he failed to live in them, no one else would want to either. He knew he was one few higher ranked members, he had to lead by example and not by words. With him taking the rule of lead hunter, he knew that it was that much more important for his actions to speak clear and not let any foul things muck that example by any thing. "Right now I do not think its much of an issue of finding hunters, though if the pack grows as I hope then I would love to have someone."
[html]
"Never imagined that we'd end up here, really." He commented quietly, fiddling with a piece of grass that was still attached to the ground. He never imagined that they would all have to leave Bleeding Souls or that he and Naniko would become mates like they had. He meant a lot by those words but, then again, he supposed that was the magic of life. There were so many possibilities that someone really couldn't imagine what was going to happen. "But maybe it can be a good thing, even though it started out of a bad thing." He nodded to his then, more to himself than anything. "There are so many bad memories trapped in those lands back there, maybe it'll help some of us move on." Himself, for one. He could go to the coast now without thinking about having killed his father, walk through the forest without the image of his mother, broken and beaten, popping up in his head.

"I'll be out scouting the area during the day for the next few days. Hoping to find some other survivors and figure out who made it and who didn't." The hybrid turned his eyes back toward the lake a moment, watching. "When I was out earlier I picked up the scent of others, packs. I plan to go visit them also, to see who all they have in their lands, try and get an idea of who all is around now." He also planned to speak with the leaders of those pack, to make them aware of Twilight Vale and, hopefully, get off to a good start with them. "Could possibly pick up a few members here and there if I find anyone needing a home."

[/html]
If this don't make any sense I'm sorry. I've been up for 20+ hours now.

The fire...it was a nightmare, it was something that no one should never ever have to live though and deal with. In a way he wish he could have curled up besides his mother's resting spot on the beaches of the pack that she last lived in and passed away burring into ashes along with the lands, but he had something to live for, he had a family that needed him, had to have him. He nodded his head, when the male spoke about the fire, he could help but to worry about all the other loved ones that he had back in Bleeding Souls. He rolled his shoulders, the adults and pups that where alive the time of the fire would be haunted by everything that happened that day. "Yeah I would have loved to see something not happen to the lands, granted there was badly things...but there was good thing. Some might not recover from the fire."

The male shifted to where he looked to the male, there was no question, he was going to be worn thin, The black male pushed the knife into the fish as he turned looking to him with a worried look. "Conri, do not over work your-self. You have a pack for a reason, ask for help. I am sure between Naniko and I that if you ask for it, we will do whatever to make everything lighter on your back, your load is heavy enough."
[html]
When Lucifer spoke of other not being able to recover from the fire, Conri's mind immediately slipped to his mother. It had been a long time since she had truly been well and, while Conri doubted that she was in Bleeding Souls at the time of the fire, he could only hope that it didn't spread to where his mother was, in the case that she might be close by. Even then, though, Conri knew he couldn't rest easy. How would she react if she returned to Bleeding Souls to find it all burnt to the ground, to think that her family might have all died there and that she was alone. He hated to think about it, which was why he was quick to pick up on the next subject that Lucifer brought up.

"Well.." He started quietly, knowing in some ways that Lucifer might be right. "It's just, you and Deuce have a lot to handle with four pups around and now you're taking on keeping the pack fed. Naniko.." He trailed off a moment, suddenly concerned. "I just think maybe the whole thing is hitting her harder than she'll admit. Especially what happened with Dierdre and the pups." Conri knew he was very likely wrong though, it wasn't often, or perhaps at all, that Naniko kept any part of her feelings from him. "I just want to make sure everyone is okay, really." It was just unfortunate that, truly, the he simply couldn't be everyone's Hero.
[/html]
There was pain in the male voice, Lucifer was sure it was about his family, his mother and siblings. Lucifer had not seen hide nor hair of his mother for some time now, it gave him a chill in a way also. He hoped that she was able to get out of the lands before the fire, and took her last litter with her, he prayed for their safety, and some happiness. The male gave a soft chuckle how the male worried about every little detail, every little thing that a leader should, and would.He understood that he was worried about Deuce and his life. The male shook his head as his fingers traced his tattoo. "Conri, I know that Naniko and I are willing and ready to hope, I am not her loved but we are like siblings. We want these lands to live and work and we know to do that we must all pull more then our own weight, till numbers pick up and the boys are able to work. The numbers are small enough that I can do hunts, and stock food up while helping you and Naniko. You, guys are great, and I want to help you. Heck in a way Conri we are family. Your mother and my mother where mates, your father killed my mother. Irony in a sweet way."

Lucifer looked to the rustic male it was funny how the spider of life had spun their life's, so close and only until now where they were living together and working together, and now they both wanted Twilight Vale to come together, and be the best pack that they could be. The black male hand dropped to his side, as his eyes looked all around him at his new home.
[html]
Conri honestly hadn't expected Lucifer to bring it up, so when he did the red Leader turned his head away for a moment. It was ironic in a way. "And I killed my father." He commented quietly, almost hoping that the other male might not actually hear his words, despite the small bit inside of him that wanted Lucifer to hear them. Did he know Hollow was dead? Did he understand that Conri was a murderer? It hadn't actually occurred to him until that moment that, most likely, no one in the pack other than Naniko knew he was a killer. It was odd, though, just how connected they all suddenly were. His mother and Lucifer's mother had been mates. His mother and Deuce had been mates, which was also something that hadn't crossed his mind until that moment that the thoughts came up.

"I just wish I could make life simple enough for everyone. I'd do everything myself, if I could." He admitted quietly. It would've been nice for Naniko, for everyone else, if they could live their lives not having to worry about everything. Conri, ever since he was very young, was ready and willing to carry the burden of the world on his shoulders and his alone, even if he knew deep down that it would certainly crush him.

[/html]
Out of the darkness the sickness will rise and take flight. Whether it be though the mind in Deuce's case, or though physical things like it had with Lucifer. Though sometime sickness was a blessing, in Conri's case. He slayed the beast, that killed, and scared other. Lucifer moved his hand up to his chin rubbing it. With a nod, he understood where he might feel likes there was something to have shame over. Now in his eyes Conri was a hero, maybe Charm would feel safe to come back to the pack lands...maybe. "That's no reason to turn away. You need to hold you head high. I just to hate going to sleep in the pack house, I feared he would come back for me, and kill me. I am glad someone killed him, I am glad it was my leader, my friend. If you would not have someone else would have. I would have loved to. The prick hunted my dreams as a child."

"Now that way of thinking will only make you sick. Nothing wrong in wanting to make everything better, but to want and to think you can do it alone, it's foolish. A well oiled machine will work as one, just as a good pack should. Your one being...you only cannot carry the weight of the world on your shoulder. Look to your friend and family for help, even if just you need a laugh." The male voice went sharp, he had to get his friend to think thing over, and start thinking for his health, and thinking about him-self some more also. "Conri do you even know how to be selfish?"