Taking the initiative
[html]
He could smell them thick within the lands each and every time he passed the borders of Twilight Vale. Other wolves, ones from Bleeding 'Souls, regrouping and rebuilding just as his own group had done. Survivors. The thought had crossed his mind on numerous occasions, wondering who all would survive and turn up here, who all would do just the same as them. The young leader had been considering it for a few days now, traveling to the new packs to greet them, to try and see who all had made it out and banned together. The sun had just barely made it over the horizon when the hybrid had decided to leave his own lands, setting out across still unknown territories to follow the scents to other pack lands. He'd decided to start with the lands closest to his own, which ended up being much farther away than he thought.

It was easy to find their lands though, simply following the scents that always seemed to be grouped until the point that he met up with a scent border. He stopped just outside the border, of course, and observed the lands for a quiet moment. Conri hoped beyond all things that his plans would work out the way that he meant them to. By visiting the other packs he could possibly find out who all was there, to let them know who all he had with them, and perhaps get a better understanding of everyone who had turned up so far. That and perhaps make his own pack's intentions known. They weren't looking for any enemies. Lifting his head to the air, the unshifted male let out a call, hopefully summoning one of the Leaders to him with it.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/others/mel_bg.jpg) no-repeat; width: 400px;" align="center">
ooc - Sorry for the wait... I saw this forever ago. XD

Melisande stopped mid-step. It was amazing, what you could tell from a call, a voice in the air. This one was friendly, but it was not a resident. It requested attention, but was not urgent. It was canine, but possibly coyote. Strong, polite, questioning... she turned on her heels and loped toward the gentle sound.

It didn't take long for her to get to the 'intruder', and in fact, she wasn't completely sure what to say once she got there. The fact was, she wasn't angry that the creature had come onto the lands and howled, even though she knew others might have been. So, upon entering onto the scene, she simply bowed. "Its good to see that we aren't the only survivors."

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 400px; height: 120px;"> 

[/html]
[html]
I didn't realize you had replied. XD

Conri returned his head to it's previous position once the call began to fade off in the air, certain that he'd been loud enough for it to carry through the lands and to the ears of someone else. In the time that he spent waiting for someone else to arrive, the red hybrid took a few moments to make sure that he looked presentable. He stood tall, proud, but not in a disrespectful manner. His body was relaxed rather than stiff and his tail had a slight wave to it, which grew almost as soon as the form of another wolf filled his vision. She reminded him, at least in the slightest, of Naniko because of the color of her coat. He couldn't help but smile at the thought.

"That's why I've come here, actually." He began immediately after she spoke, not wanting to edge around business or seem suspicious. "My mate, Naniko D'Angelo, and I have settled in far southwest of here. We've started a pack with the few of us that traveled together, called Twilight Vale. We've been noticing the scents about us though and knew that other packs were being formed." He paused a moment, quiet, as if to let it all soak in. "I've decided to visit each pack, perhaps see who all everyone has with them and to let everyone else know who we have with us, in case friends and family are still missing one another. So maybe they'll be reunited and rest easier." He paused again, before picking back up once more. "I'm Conri Church."

[/html]