A Stroll with a Stranger
[html]

Word Count: 300+

Large black paws padded the hard ground, softly crushing any undergrowth in the female's path. Light filtered through the evergreen canopy to dapple her pelt. Layla's white fur gleamed in the spots of sunlight. Her blue eyes could not pinpoint the sun from here in the Dampwoods, but the sun was just below its peak. From the glimpses of sky, she could pinpoint a cloud or two, but otherwise it was a clear sky. The shade cooled off the area from what warmth the sun offered. Between the trees here, there was relatively no wind to speak of. If there had been a breeze, Layla would be shivering.

The strange canine had decided it was a lovely day for a stroll and her paws had lead her here, to the southwest boundary of what she now knows as the Dampwoods. If she traveled another fifteen minutes on her course, she would be in Arachnea's Revenge. The female guessed it was named after some horrible spider that dwelled within those trees. She wasn't so keen on visiting that neck of the woods. Spiders creeped her out and sent a chill down her spine. As did most things with an exoskeleton, except for a praying mantis.

Layla had been walking in her optime form today. She needed a break from being a larger than normal pseudo wolf and she felt most at home being a bipedal pseudo wolf. Black dyed fur stretched from her toes and fingers up over her knees and elbows as well as tipped her fluffy tail. Black ran down her back as long black hair and red hung in front of her masked face. A simple red loincloth hung from her hips. The chance any wolf would come upon her in this state was unlikely, but she was ready to ditch the humble cloth and shift to secui incase.
[/html]
[html]

Word Count=700+

The day was nice to say the least. Jaden plodded along, relaxed and angry with himself. Again he was putting off his purpose for being in this territory. The entire reason he had traveled this far from Alaska. The man he was to kill lived for at least one more day in the safety of his pack. The Optime kept asking himself why he was procrastinating the assassination. The sooner he finished his business, the sooner he could figure out what the hell else he had to do with his life. The thought of settling here kept crossing his mind, maybe finding a pack to join; creating a new life free from unnecessary bloodshed and pain. The wolves around these parts seemed nice enough and there were no tensions or wars littering the land that he could see. The prey seemed plentiful and the climate reminded him of the home he could never return to. This place was nearly perfect in his dark blue eyes. That was the only reason he kept putting off his job. As soon as he killed the ALPHA of Cour des Miracles, he would be forced to vacate this land or face a blood thirsty pack.

With a sigh, the male turned his thoughts to this day. Wandering in the shadows of the ‘Dampwoods’ was tuning out to be very enjoyable. The thick foliage gave off a comforting smell that helped to cleanse away every annoying thought threatening Jaden’s mood. Each step felt nice. Places and days like this made nature seem so much more homely then it did normally.

A pleasant feeling caused Jaden to stop his slow stroll. A small break in the tree line allowed a sweet stream of warm sunlight to cascade into the shadows and fall across his lower back nicely. Turning to let the warmth find his red dyed chest and belly, Jaden stretched a little. He did not stay long in the light though. Despite the cool temperature of the air, it would not take long for the thick furred Tundra wolf to overheat. His thick, black mane atoned to that by holding the sun’s heat long after he had turned his back away from it. The dark red spots on his shoulders and hips absorbed heat just as well as the rest of his black fur did, so it was only a few minutes before he moved away from the break in shade, content and overly warm. His winter undercoat still rested in place almost maliciously in these warm spring days. It had begun to shed, but not quickly enough, and Jaden found himself cursing his thick fur for the millionth time in his life as he shook away some of the heat.

A soft scent broke the Alaskan away from his content daze in mid step. A female’s distinct smell held in the semi-still air. Her smell was definite, but unfamiliar. He had never encountered anything similar before. Yet another species of canine Jaden did not know of. It seemed there where many oddities around here that did not have habitat in Alaska. The man didn’t bother drawing his dagger from the place it held on his leather shoulder strap or the bow from its quiver. Today was simply too nice to interrupt with violence. Hell, Jaden thought to himself, I might even deal with a coyote nicely today. Whether this was true or not was unimportant. She didn’t hold the stink of a coyote and that made her just fine to interact with.

Pushing though some of the smaller shrubbery toward the origin of the scent revealed that she was much closer than he’d thought. Only going a little ways before coming upon a rather interestingly colored dark wolf, or at least that is what she appeared to be to him, was a little displacing. “Oh, hello stranger,” Jaden said, a little surprised and frozen in place. She was close enough that she might have possibly heard or even seen him before now, though he had not heard her. His nose twitched with a little more self-scolding. One of these days a violent or dodgy character would just walk upon him and stomp right on his tail before he even noticed the person’s presence.

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#3b6262; letter-spacing:1px}
.snowlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 450+

The female was lost in her thoughts. Though she was quite excited to be chasing down this dream of hers, she wondered how life was back in her birth pack. Mutter and Vater were probably more than fine. Those tough old mates could handle anything. Her siblings were what she wondered about. Her older brother especially; he had a very short wick for his temper and liked to live the life of the daredevil. Her youngest sister was quite the delicate flower, but would definitely get the best mate. Her older sister was quite strong. Layla wouldn’t be surprised if she wound up Alphess. She would just ask, "By mating or conquering?" The youngest brother was the smart one. The pack's future would be in safe paws.

Silver studs shimmered down the rims of her soft black ears as they flicked to catch the noises of snapping undergrowth and plants moving behind her. Yet, Layla paid no heed. She shrugged it off as wild life. Her nose did not warn her about an approaching canine, these woods already held stale scents of coyote and wolf. Layla sighed. She wished she had a wolf's scent. As of now, she held no scent but her own. She had made sure to scrub the scent of her dog pack off of her. Looking like a wolf isn't enough, she'd have to smell and act like one too. Then, and only then, would her dream become truth. Layla was quite the delusional shepherd. Layla stopped walking and sighed in her distracted state.

A surprised greeting from behind her caused her to spin around, blue eyes wide. Her black hand was on her waist, ready to take off the cloth and shift to save her dignity. Realizing that this dark male before her was also in optime form made her pause. All the stories she had heard about wolves had been firm on the fact the wolves liked to sport their natural form. It was closer to Mutter Natur and all that. It was quickly coming apparent that the stories offered her little truth to what being a wolf was all about.

Layla cleared her throat. "Um. Hello," she said unsteadily. The female offered him an uncertain smile. She did not sense anything malicious about this Luperci. Mutter had always said to trust her gut and her nose above all else. Layla let her tensed body relax. "I am no more a stranger than you are," she laughed carefully. "I-I am Layla, a lone wolf. Can I help you with something?" she asked sweetly, hoping to get a name with the face of this black and red wolf. Layla wanted to know whether he was a loner, like herself, or if he belonged to one of the packs here.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count~500

Layla was definitely not a bread of wolf Jaden had ever met before, but he would have never guessed that she was a dog. He had not interacted with many dogs, but the ones he had all boar muzzles and smaller body types typical of dogs. Layla’s body did not betray her disguise. Not to say the Alaskan didn’t find her a bit odd. When he finally laid eyes on her after his greeting, she had spun around with her hand on the small bit of clothing hanging about her hips as if she were going to tear it off. The man had never seen any point in wearing human garments casually. If parts of the body were meant to be hidden, then why wouldn’t wolves wear clothing in other forms besides Optime? Doing so would just look unnatural and plain stupid. No, the garments Layla wore did more to attract Jaden’s attention to the curves of her body then to protect her dignity. She didn’t look bad at all, so the male didn’t view her outfit in a negative way. After initially looking her up and down, he kept his eyes at a respectful level and listened to her speak.

She didn’t seem any less surprised in her kind and friendly words then Jaden. Perhaps him missing her was not such a horrible mistake after all. The look of her and the way she was so inviting to an armed stranger didn’t speak much to the trained assassin about her experiences in life thus far. He had learned to stay alert and almost never approach a stranger with a friendly smirk. In his former pack, his job had been to patrol their territory and judge any canine he met to figure out if they were worthy of life in the eyes of god. If they weren’t, Jaden would simply draw an arrow and end whoever’s unworthy existence had fallen before him. For a second, his mind flashed back to that judgmental state and he scanned Layla for unholy behavior. He quickly caught two instances; the rather pretty studded piercing in her ear and the red in her hair. Both would have meant an instant attack form Jaden. He might have even attacked her just because she was so odd. Senseless killing was expected in his former pack. If he didn’t kill, he would have been killed. Simple cause and effect was how Jaden used to view it.

But, after his pack had eventually tired to kill him and had destroyed his life there was no point in upholding their blood thirsty beliefs. Instead, Jaden simply met Lalya’s pleasant smile with one of his own. “No, just passing through. We seem to have snuck up on each other. I’m Sorry about surprising you miss “Layla the lone wolf”.” He grinned at her. “My name is Jaden and I am a lone wolf too. It’s nice to meet you.”

<style type="text/css">
.snowlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.snowlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#071923; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/343gkt4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#617984; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #05121c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Word Count → 450+

Layla watched the male's eyes wander over her. Her heart beat sped up. It was easy to say that she wasn't used to being judged. Her arms crossed in front of her chest. She was thankful his scrutinous scan was over relatively quick. He seemed to approve, or at least not disapprove. Maybe he was okay with her? Or at least wasn't offended with her attire? The funny thing is that she didn't even think about her earrings. Now she was just fretting and told herself she needed to stop. When Layla caught his gaze, she started to loosen up.

The dark male before her returned her grin and her tail raised in a c-shaped curl. Long black and white guard hairs flowed lazily as the appendage swung slowly from side to side. The positive reaction she received fed her courage and her arms fell from her chest. They ran over the white fur covering her lower ribs and her hourglass sides, smoothing the fur in their path. "Heh, it's nice to meet you too, Jaden! And don't worry about it, my heart didn't quite leave my chest." Layla laughed lightly. She tucked a rathr long strand of black hair behind her studded ear with her left hand. "So, you headed to any place in particular, or just roaming around like me?" Layla asked, hoping to extend the conversation. The female had had minimal contact with other wolves these past couple months.

Layla had little to no fear other strangers. Call it overconfidence or inexperience, but it is what it is. It might have something to do with being brought up by german shepherd and dobermans that ruled the ruins of Toronto. Her family pack was afraid of no one. They had no reason to fear when they were the top dogs. Or, it could be the fact that she left home at thirteen months and has been on her own since then. Layla really never had the chance to learn all of the social skills or horrible things that some Luperci were capable of. Loneliness may have even played a part in her reaching out to this male, Jaden. Yet overall, Layla was a friendly femme. She has yet to realize how un-wolfish friendliness could be.

"So..." she stalled as her tail swished softly behind her. "Can you postpone your travels to entertain a bored wolf? If not, maybe I could walk with you? I have no where special to be," Layla blinked slowly, sporting a small smile on the right side of her face. That formally tucked strand of hair fell back in front of her dark masked face. Blue eyes squinted ever so slightly and her left hand tugged the piece behind her ear and shoved it under the rest of her ink-colored locks.

<style>
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Short post >< WotD +1 (Kismet)Word Count-300+

Though Jaden thought she was a bit strange, Layla’s attitude was a bit infectious. She just seemed so eager to talk with him. “No where special,” he said shifting his weight from one foot to the other. The Assassin was trying to figure out if Layla needed to know he was headed toward the Cour des Miracles pack lands. He would surely leave out his intent to kill their alpha, but still, why risk telling a stranger his plans? If she said something to someone, it could very well jeopardize his mission. “Just roaming I guess.” The female wolf spoke again. She seemed very sure of herself and her comment made Jaden laugh warmly. “I guess that depends on what kind of entertainment you’d like. I’m a fairly boring wolf.” He admitted with a bit of a shrug. “But we could walk if you like, there’s no harm in that.” thinking for a second, he added, “Unless of course you are one of those silver tongued thiefs.” He paused before turning and starting to walk again. They went in the direction she’d been traveling instead of toward Cour des Miracles. “Hopefully that bit of clothing is for decoration and not to conceal something dangerous,” Jaden teased, “I don’t know what I might do if such a well endowed thief decided to rob me.” It was obvious Layla meant well, or she was extremely good at faking she did. Either way Jaden hoped it was Kismet they had met and that she really was somewhat harmless and a only bit entertaining to talk to.

Walking for a minute or so, Jaden decided he would try to find out a bit more about this interesting wolf, “If you have no plans and nowhere to be, what exactly are you doing around here?” he also hoped asking questions would keep her from asking ones of her own. She seemed like the inquisitive type. “If you don’t mind me asking.” Since she seemed so friendly, the Alaskan was surprised she was not part of a pack. Most lone wolves had a reason for being by themselves that also usually constituted a cold attitude. Having an attitude that didn’t match any other loner he’d met was refreshingly different.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

oh don't worry about it. Length isn't a concern of mine as long as I'm given something to work with, and you gave me lots! <3

Word Count → 600+

To Layla, Jaden was the strange one. He seemed unused to company, or at least friendly company. Maybe he was a warrior wolf that had appeared in so many of Mutter's bedtime tales? Noble, brave, honorable, yet hardened to the world to best be ready for anything? She couldn't be sure, but she liked to think that the tales that she adored had some truth to them and that those heroic wolves were really out there. Jaden answered her vaguely, saying he wasn't headed nowhere special. Layla doubted it. How could a wolf like him have no mission or goal that needed accomplishing? The real reason she had doubted his answer was because it was too perfect. And 'too perfect' referred to the amazing coincidence. It was too perfect that he had stumbled upon her, was friendly, was headed nowhere, and was perfectly fine with spending time with her. Then again, why would he have to tell her?

Jaden's warm laugh raised her lonely spirits. How long had it been since that sound had graced her ears? "Well, I'm not bored, so you must be embellishing," Layla said through a smirk. Layla didn't even believe that 'boring' was possible for a wolf to achieve. "Any entertainment would be a much welcomed relief from the lonely quiet, but a walk would do wonderfully, and no need to worry, I won't lead you into a trap," she said playfully, blinking innocently. Jaden started walking down the path Layla had been travelling and she padded after him.

The male's next statement surprised her and it took her a moment to realize he was teasing. When she did, she giggled and blushed softly for a moment. "Um, stare?" Layla laughed and her tail wagged, mindlessly brushing Jaden. "Oh, the cloth conceals a weapon alright," she joked. Back home, she was known as the smart ass of the litter. "But seriously, is clothing uncommon here?" Layla had stopped laughing when she asked, sporting her most serious face. With the subject on her mind, she slowly toyed with the thin rope as they conversed. "Back in Montana, this simple cloth meant a lot. It stood for such things as rank, maturity, and even talents," Layla informed him, though the place she told of was a lie.

Jaden asked her what her purpose her was. The dark male probably thought her soft and belonging in a pack. The only reason why she wanted a pack was for companionship. Her pride told her she didn't need them, she wanted them. She made a dismissive noise and waved her hand. She didn’t mind him prodding. "Well..." Layla paused and her tail stopped swiping from side-to-side. "It's rather simple really. After losing my pack, I travelled looking for a new home. I didn't like the other packs I stumbled upon. They thought just because they said 'jump' I would just join up like a mindless dog," she said, ending with a brief sound of disgust and annoyance.

"Just because I'm a fae does not mean I should kneel for the men folk - no offense," she quickly explained. "The wolves here are nice, as far as I've seen. I just want to know of all the packs before I choose. I don't want to rush into a pack when there's another so close by that would be better for me, you know? I heard of the... Inferni? The coyote one? They've already been marked off the list," she said flatly. She didn't travel this far for wolves to settle for coyotes. "Do you have any suggestions for me?" Jaden looked like he had been around more than she. He could possibly offer her valuable information. "And how about you? Why are you a loner?" she paused. "If you don't mind me asking," she mimicked.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count-600+

Walking with the other Optime was just as interesting as speaking with her. As they started up an idol conversation, Jaden absentmindedly took notes on her body language. The lively bounce she had in her strides. Her high-held tail and attentive gaze. All of it pointed to a wolf who’d been used to leading, or at least being respected. He guessed she had been born to alphas of her former pack, much like he had been, though he hopped dearly there were no similarities between their packs past that.

Layla’s words were kind when she answered his beginning question. She reassured him he was somewhat interesting and that his company was enjoyed. He did not find himself boring per say, but the Alaskan hated being flamboyant and instead chose to be humble when speaking about himself. Catching her comment about the only quiet, Jaden got a hint as to why she was eager to talk. Thoughts of loneliness crossed his mind as they continued to talk, but the man quickly dispatched them. Such thoughts might affect him more then he’d like.

The mood still held high despite such thoughts, and Layla’s somewhat pretty voice continued to usher forth, assuring him of the dangerous weapon she held under her dainty clothing, making him laugh once more before she spoke a more serious question. “I’ve traveled here from Alaska and seen few occasions where canines dawn such clothing, but I have seen it. Around here, I’ve met a few people from different packs but not a single one wore anything that wasn’t necessary for whatever they were doing. But, if you clothing means something more to you, I’d consider keeping it. It adds a bit of mystery anyway…” He said and grinned at her.

The way Layla explained her presence in the territory made Jaden smile. She had a free spirit and told of what packs she had visited expected of her because she was female. She was in search of a pack and that assured Jaden of what kind of person she was. Kind hearted and not used to being alone, but not willing to compromise until she got what she wanted. Fine characteristics for a fine wolf. Her mention of the coyote clan Jaden had no name for until now put a grimace on his face. “I doubt they would accept you into their pack. To damn cowardly, those coyotes, a wolf like you would probably send them whining back to their dens.” Jaden put the same emphasis on coyotes Layla had on dogs. “If I were to join one of the packs,” the man paused as if thinking about it. “It would be Dahlia de Mia. I owe their Alpha my life. He is kind and I would gladly follow his lead. I have met or heard of at least one coward or criminal in almost all of the other packs, so they would be my suggestion.”

The next question caught Jaden completely off guard. He was quiet for a second as his mind suddenly pushed back to Uva Atka and pondered his former life. Without knowing it, Layla had trampled right on the very memories Jaden wished he could never remember. His silence was growing in length as he searched for what to say. He did not want to tell her of his murderous brother who had killed his sister, daughter, and mate. He didn’t want to tell anyone what he used to do. What he used to be. How many people just like her he had killed simply because they didn’t adhere to his former beliefs? It hurt to think about. So he looked away from her and weakly answered, “I lost my pack and have been wandering.” Finding his strength again, he tried to recover his former charisma and asked her another question, almost completely forgetting about her mention of Montana. “You said you lost you pack too right? I’m sorry to hear that. Where did you used to live?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

---

Word Count → 600+

A wave of relief washed over Layla as she listened to Jaden talk about other wolf packs he had run into. She had worried that the simple piece of cloth would point her out for the dog she was. She was thankful that some wolves wore clothes. For a rather unknown reason, the female was quite attached to the piece of fabric and would be quite saddened to give it up for her life's quest. Layla grinned in return. "Mystery? You really think so?" A pensive look crossed her features. She quite liked the thought of owning some aura of mystery about her. "I think I will keep it, even if no one here understands it's meaning," Layla laughed as she smoothed it to her upper thighs.

Layla's Mutter and Vater were not the Alphas, as some might believe from her attitude. They were the Gamma pair, though Layla had been promised to one of the Alpha's sons, of which there were four. Not to the heir of course, her older sister was to take him. Layla hadn't yet realized the repercussions of her actions. It didn't even occur to her that they could be hunting for her as she chatted with this handsome wolf. The white and black female could be quite oblivious about those things.

Layla had mentioned the coyote pack and could immediately tell Jaden was anti-coyote from his response. Her tail resumed its playful wagging. A wolf like her... Yes, she liked that. "Yes, with their tails tucked between their legs, I don't doubt. It sounds like you had a... less than civil meeting with a coyote once?" Layla asked, wondering if there was a good story to be found. Jaden was a real life wolf with real wolf tales. His stories would mean more to Layla than her bedtime stories did.

"Dahlia de Mia?" Layla repeated. "I think I met a pair of wolves from there. Um, Siku and Saul?" she said. They were nice wolves. She could get used to them. "That pack was on my top choice list. I was also curious of Anathema. I haven’t met anyone in Phoenix Valley or Aniwaya," the female paused. "You should tell me of these criminals and cowards you speak of. You could save me some grief in the end." Though the female could be oblivious and wasn't above being friendly to a fault, she wasn't completely without a brain. She would soak up any and all advice given to her.

Jaden was awfully silent after she had asked what his reason was for being a loner. Layla gritted her teeth, inwardly cursing her curiosity. She looked at his dark face and noticed the distant look in his eyes. He looked away, and she took this as a cue to do the same. His weak answer tugged at her heart strings and her ears folded back. She slowly put her hand on his shoulder, trying to offer some solace. Layla cast her blue gaze to the ground and lowered her hand. Jaden may not appreciate her breech of his personal space.

"Yes. I lived outside of Helena, a human ruin, in Montana. Tornado swept through. I was lucky, I fell into an open basement and rolled under a tub," she lied. She had practiced this tale many times. "I watched my pack get ripped from the ground and tossed in the air. I didn't even bother looking for them." The female sighed. "But at least I still have my whole life ahead of me. I miss them, but I've moved on and try not to remember. I like to think that's what they would have wanted."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WotD +1 (Dapple) Word Count-400+

Ears flat, Jaden finished looking into the distance and looked back at Layla. Her movement did not comfort the man simply because they did not know each other well enough. It would have done much more for him if he had known she did care, even a little, and that the act was not one of plain kindness. But as it went over, he did not reply to the action in anyway, simply letting it seem to slip by him unnoticed. What the Alaskan didn't show is just how much the gesture heightened his trust for the female.

“Less-then-civil? I've met many coyotes and not a single one showed any amount of backbone or commonsense.” He said, glad the gravitas which had enveloped the conversation was dissolving. “The most recent I've met was actually from the pack Cercatori d'Arte.” Thinking back to the meeting, Jaden decided to leave out the exact details. He had been a little hard on the coyote. “He was extremely disrespectful and cowardly afterward. As for the others packs...” He paused and thought for a few seconds as they walked. “Cour des Miracles Alpha has a price on his head, Anthema is full of misfits and oddities, and I met a rather bipolar pair of wolves from Aniwaya. Phoenix Valley and Crimson dreams seam much less active in the area because I have not met anyone from their ranks.”
Layla’s recount of her pack’s demise was well said, as if she had told it many times or thought it through thoroughly. Though, that seemed like a given to Jaden. If she lost her entire family, it no doubt troubled her greatly. “I’m glad you made it out unharmed and you are stronger than I for moving on so quickly. Surely any loving family would rather not have you lament them you entire life and move on though. How long have you been on your own? Montana is quite a way away isn’t it?”

As they walked, Jaden peered through the trees ahead of them and watched as sunlight dappled the shadows with specks of light. Layla had lived in a city before now. The only wolves he had met from a city were either mutt dog breads or thieves. Remembering her hidden weapon again, Jaden smiled and inquired a bit more about her past, “And you lived in a city? From city life to this seems like quite a transition. I get lost in them anytime I go supply searching. Maybe you could show how to find my way around one sometime? They all seem rather similar to me.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks for being so patient! <3

Word Count → 400+

Layla knew that she and Jaden were nowhere close to being friends, though she believed they would become so. She just didn't know what else to offer the male for his sorrows. And even if her motion of kindness did not comfort him, she felt like they were just that much closer. It may not have even been by much, but every little amount was important. The female had a good intuition and she could tell that Jaden would make a good friend.

"Yeah, that was my issue with them too. I've also heard that when they do attack, they attack with their buddies," Layla added. Jaden continued, telling briefly of his recent run-in with a coyote. A Cercatori d'Arte member who was rude and then turned into a wimp. Sounded like a fight broke out between the two to her. She just wondered why the coyote wasn’t in Inferni where he belonged. Jaden left his sentence unfinished, dangling her on tenterhooks while he thought.

He summed up the other packs in a few sentences. From the sounds of it there was nothing wrong with Cour des Miracles except someone wanted him dead, or Phoenix Valley or Crimson Dreams. "Why does someone want Cour des Miracle's Alpha dead? What did he do?" Layla asked curiously. She was a femme that loved gossip. To know gossip was better than going in blind. Plus, it made for an interesting conversation.

Layla listened to Jaden's reaction to her falsehood as she looked at the ground. It seemed like she had convinced him, though who really expects someone to lie about their family like that? "Yeah, it's just so much more painful to relive it day after day than it was to lament one night a member and move on. I believe it's been a month; I was never good at keeping track of time. I don't even know what day of the week it is," she laughed awkwardly.

"Well, I say Helena to give an approximation where we were. My pack rules... ruled just outside of the city. There were a lot of ruinous farm houses and ranching stalls. But I could still show you around. I often visited Helena with my siblings. We weren't supposed to, but since when do pups heed anything?" Layla shook her head, sporting a small smile as she remembered her own siblings and the adventures they had. "I could lead you through any city. Once you learn, it's actually quite simple, I assure you." The cheerful glint in the female's blue eyes had returned as she smiled widely at Jaden.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Good writing is worth the wait <3 =) WotD +1 (Balderdash) Word Count-600+

Layla’s admittance to having problems similar to his gave Jaden a sense that the two shared a lot. More in their past and the way they view people maybe then the way they would approach seatrain situations. She was much more openly kind hearted then the male thought himself to be. But he had only just gotten to know her, so he put slightly less credit into his assumptions for that reason. “Well, Layla, if you have any problems with coyotes,” He smiled despite himself, “I’d gladly help. You look like you could handle one by yourself but they don’t often attack alone, Like you said.” His offer was full hearted. Jaden couldn’t think of any reason someone would have a problem with such a nice female, coyote or otherwise.

The assassination of Cour des Miracles Alpha, felt like a very odd topic for her to pick out of what he had said. The assassin had tried to say it quickly and make it sound normal, but thinking it over made him realize just how un-normal killing must seem to normal people. It had always been a part of Jaden’s life. For Layla, the prospect of someone having a price on their head must have sounded intriguing. He mentally kicked himself for saying anything about it. “Actually, I’m not sure. I never met the guy, so there is probably nothing really wrong with him.” Jaden lied coolly, with a smile and no thought of the fact that Vigilante Haskel might actually be innocent. “I’m sorry I gave such a narrow minded view of the packs around here. It’s just that I given much thought their integrity.” He said trying to move off the topic quickly.

“I was never good at time tracking either. If every day is the same, why give each one a different name? As long as you know what season it is, you should be fine,” He answered after she mentioned her family again. When she of them them, she looked away. The man would have not noticed her normal movement regularly and wondered why it had been so apparent. It made sense though. Sadness never really fades at the loss of your loved ones, even if you move on.

Jaden continued to wonder why her movement had seemed so blatant until her eyes met his again. He smiled, it was her look. He enjoyed her bright blue eye color very much. When they had suddenly left his vision, the beauty they held had been suddenly cut away. “I would like that. With your help, I might not get lost and wander around all day.” He returned her bright smile as he watched her eyes for a moment longer.

A second or two later, his mind was distracted when he felt his stomach rumble. Hunger pangs seemed to suddenly cramp up his belly. The Optime stretched his torso a little to ease the pain. “Ooo, I’m hungry.” He admitted with an awkward smile of his own. There was almost no way she had missed his stomachs angry grumbles. The balderdash him and Layla were sharing had stolen his mind completely until now. “I’ll have to hunt later.” He said thinking about food. Mouth watering, he imagined some tender elk roasting over a fire with just a little sage played across the juicy meat. “Out of curiosity, do you prefer deer, or elk? I like to cook when the mood strikes, but cooking is no fun unless you cook for someone else. Maybe I could make you dinner sometime? It doesn’t seem like fair repayment for leading me around a city, but I’d feel less like I’d taken advantage of a pretty wolf if we made some sort of a trade…”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks for being so patient! <3

Word Count → 600+

Jaden's assumptions were right on the mark, if any of her lies about her past were as true as Layla wished. Layla couldn't really see herself getting in a fight with a coyote, though if she did, she would be certain to not lose. Though Jaden seemed to be itching for an excuse. Indeed if she got ambushed by a pack of coyotes, she'd let him lend a helping paw. He might even smack 'em harder for causing trouble for a lone and pretty much harmless femme. Males were like that. Or well, her brother Axel sure had been and whenever she thinks of males as a whole, she gives them his attributes. "You'll be the first name I call out for help," Layla said with a wide smile. "Though after seeing two wolves on the same side might make them flee," she said, chuckling as she continued the coyote joke.

Layla narrowed her blue eyes at Jaden. Something didn't seem right. Gossip always had reasoning. One doesn't need to meet the guy to know why there was a price on his head when it came to secondhand knowledge. Unless... "Wait... do you mean to tell me... are you the...?" Layla spoke with no clarity, still piecing things together in her mind. "You know what, I don't wanna know. If you want or need to tell someone, then fine. Else wise, I don't think I should know," Layla said. If her suspicion was right, she was dealing with a dangerous wolf. This inspired much internal debate.

It would mean that Jaden is the normal "bad guy" from her fairy tales, unless the king was evil, but Jaden couldn't point any bad out. He didn't seem like the bad guy. How interesting this was and the black and white life around her was turning gray. It would be best she didn't know. He wouldn't be inspired to end her own life as a precaution from her tattling. Layla wasn't a tattletale, but she didn't know how well she could just let a possibly kind alpha be murdered because someone with a grudge paid for an assassin. Lord, this was too much to even think about. Time to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, don't worry about it. I like hearing different people’s sides. I mean I like gossip," she said. "I'm still not sure which to go with. Or with any at all. Maybe I'll just join a band together. Not like a pack, but a small band of loners. I don't know," Layla laughed lightly, thinking she had put forth a ridiculous idea. Oh well, it was out there now. "I know what you mean about time. I don't understand it, I don’t even know who does. I think we just accept it." Layla met Jaden's eyes again. She only saw kindness there for her. Even if he was an assassin and she knew it, he wouldn't hurt her would he? Layla searched his features but didn't find anything threatening. At the most he might tie her up, which wouldn't be so bad, she reasoned.

"I'd be glad to help you," Layla said. Jaden mentioned his hunger; Layla had yet to rid hers. Upon close inspection, the tips of her hips poked out. If felt, there would be nothing but white fur and a thin layer of skin between the touch and her hip bone. "I'm not a very good huntress. In fact I'm horrible. Elk is grand but deer is fair. A meal sounds like more payment than my service would be worth," she laughed lightly, but her maw watered nonetheless. There was only one avenue of "taking advantage" that Layla would particularly mind. She wasn't a submissive wolf but she did let lesser issues just roll off her back.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

=) Words-700+

The idea of Layla calling for Jaden’s help in a battle was slightly entertaining for the trained killer. He wondered how she would hold up in a fight. Charisma was always a good attribute to possess, but it didn’t help to have a silver tongue when you opponent has a silvery weapon or trained claws. He didn’t answer but smiled at her kindly and nodded. He hopped he was around if she ever did need his help.

Then his mood changed. Layla’s lovely voice and kind words suddenly seemed to trip over her realization. The two optime stopped as she looked at him with almost painful questioning in her light blue eyes. All the expression, good and bad, left Jaden’s features as his mind retreated inwardly to deal with the situation. In only a few seconds more than a few thoughts and emotions burst though Jaden’s mind. The thought, She shouldn’t have said that. came first. Layla was quite the talker, which was clear because she had gotten Jaden speaking more than anyone in a long time, but it was bad for her now. Having realized the person you are talking to is a killer, the smartest thing to do would be to quickly vacate the area, not ask him if he was. Dark blue eyes, though their outward expression held nothing still, coldly looked her up and down. The trained part of him was looking at her as a target now, noting her build and stance. He hadn’t looked at her this closely before and quickly realize she was very slim and that he could easily over power the female and force her to the ground. There, his cold dagger would find no resistance against her soft, white fur. An easy lose end tied with almost no struggle. But the image of Layla’s fur wet with crimson stung him. He really liked her. Why should she die because I said too much? Was what he thought in the second moment of his pause. She was so nice and seemed so innocent. It would be a cruel and cold hearted move to attack or even threaten her after she was so pleasant to him. He didn’t want to end their meeting sourly just because of an unsure accusation.

Jaden quickly made up his mind on how to act and his features unfroze only seconds after they had taken their blank quality. His jaw fell open and his eyes wandered a little feigning disbelief and hurt. “Me…?” He let the question hang in the air for added effect. “A killer?” Then he smiled what he wanted to look like a painful or uncomfortable smile. “Layla, you think too much of me. I assure you the weapons I carry are only for hunting.” He gave her an honest look, lying like a trained liar does. It might not be hard for someone to believe a dagger and a bow were simple hunting weapons or tools but if she saw the custom made bladed gauntlets in the man’s leather satchel, he would have some more explaining to do. Luckily those were out of sight. “What have you seen in me that marks me as a murderer? I have a dislike for coyotes, yes, but I promise: I have never taken the life from another canine.”

The liar hoped his charade went over well and was very glad when Lalya willingly changed the subject. She spoke of time as an unknown for her as well then she said something about putting together a small group of loners. “Not a pack” she said, but what else would it be called? Jaden owed Conor, the leader of Dahlia de Mia, his life, but if he wanted nothing of Jaden, the thought of being part of a pack lead by Lalya didn’t sound half bad. “I might join such a group.” He said sounding timid, “So long as you could trust me…” He wanted her to let go of the notion he was a killer very badly, for her own protection.

Jaden had said he would hunt later, but it had been more of idle chatter then an actual plan. When she too admitted that she was a poor huntress, he kept his eyes from wandering over her body again, remembering her rather slim appearance from his last observation. “I’m sure you’re not that terrible,” He said letting his voice gain some of its lost warmness and his dark blue met her pretty lighter shaded eyes. “But I haven’t hunted with anyone in quite a long time. I doubt you know how to use a bow, so we would probably have to use our lower forms…? If you are hungry we can hunt; there really nothing else to do, besides walk, I suppose.”

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Thanks for being so patient again! <3 Do you wanna rp the lesson, or wrap it up oocly?

Word Count → 450+

As the pair stopped and search each other for clues, Layla found nothing. There was no caring, no anger, nothing at all. Now she really didn't want to know. The female wished to be done with this and on to something else. What she did find was an expression not far different than the one she had seen as her brother hunted a rat. Layla swallowed hard and stayed perfectly still. Her heart beat a running pace but she dared not move. The pause was awkward, but it seemed as if the Jaden she had known for this short conversation had returned. He looked hurt. Layla squinted at him. A killer would act innocent, wouldn’t he? Once one was skeptical, it was difficult to change their mind. Relief washed over her face. She'd rather he'd lie and fake innocence then finish her off.

"I don't know you. I don't know. Like I said, I don't wanna know," Layla laughed, hoping he'd think that her suspicions were gone. Layla didn't need to see suspicious weapons. She knew nothing about bladed gauntlets, or swords, or bows. Layla nodded, hoping this would be the end of that. Changing the subject had been a good move, and he went with it. If he really was innocent, Layla hoped she hadn't offended him too badly. It would be a serendipitous thing for both of them to just forget and move on to hopefully being friends.

Jaden said that he might join a group of wolves with her and she smiled. What was with this new found timid quality, she wondered. "Better on my side than not," she quipped with a jovial smile. "Do I need to give you a formal apology and a hug to forgive me?" she stopped and asked with a raised eyebrow. She wanted him to move on, killer or no, and forget she said a word. Instead, their memories getting lost in the prior and ending portions of conversation.

"I have only managed rabbits by chasing them away from the burrows until they have a heart attack and fall over," Layla admitted. "They often make a mad dash and barely make it to their home. Otherwise, I've been stalking hunters and after they kill, jump them with surprise and make a mad dash with their meal..." Layla hated admitting to being a thief. It wasn't very honorable, even if it was a bobcat. "Well that makes two of us. I've never hunted with another." Layla shuffled her foot as she debated whether or not to give in to her weakness. "Yeah... I'm starving; haven't gotten lucky in a couple of days. Lower form is fine," she said, feeling her body slip into her secui form. In her state, she didn’t know how long she could hold up in lupus. She looked at Jaden expectantly, meeting him eye to eye.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It is more than two months old now XD if you’d like, I can write an OOC ending, but either way is cool with me. Words-500+

Willingly, Jaden let the conversation slip away from concentration on him. Hopefully Layla had truly let go of her accusation and wouldn’t bring it up again. When she offered a hug and a formal apology, he smiled. She wouldn’t hug a killer now would she? “If you really want to, but I could just take your word.” He said with a shrug and a grin.

Jaden looked around at the trees of Arachnea's Revenge where the wolf and the wolf lookalike. They had gotten fairly dense and hid most of everything from view. The sky was nearly unseen, the smaller creatures camouflaged, and the air still. The Assassin listened for little rodents and imagined Layla chasing after some of the rabbits he too saw and hunted occasionally. The tone she carried her admittance in showed that she felt some shame in also having to steal pray from others. It made her seem a little venerable. That show made Jaden wonder, as he did sometimes, how things would go if he were not as kind worded. What would Layla do if the male suddenly decided to be a complete prick? He could tease her about being a wolf who couldn’t hunt. He could make comments about how skinny and unattractive she appeared (which was untrue. He had only just noticed her state.) What would she do? Idol thoughts these were though. Jaden wondered about this but was not the kind of canine to hurt other wolves for mere amusement. Because she could admit faults like this to him meant she held some trust that he was not a wolf to attack her for it. He realized this and felt inclined to assure her he thought no less of the pretty feme for something so trivial. “Hehe, you must really be a city girl. But, we do what we have to right?”

As he finished his assurance Jaden pulled the satchel from his back, undid his shoulder strap with his dagger and quiver on it, and packed each piece of leather he wore delicately into it. Straps on the outside held his bow and what arrows he had then set it aside. The change came easily. Shifting and realignment of bones never felt normal, but all of the little quivers, snaps, and pops were expected. Jaden let himself fall forward on his outstretched front paws as his fur grew thicker and his flanks and shoulders bulked up a bit. His back legs shortened and he finally stood level and steady on four paws only moments later. Layla was giving him an expectant look and he sighed. It had been a while since he had actually been on for legs. “Alright, let’s hunt.” Jaden slipped his nose into the leather satchel’s noose like lupus strap and flipped it up and over his head so it lay flat on his back. “We’ll start with the basics and you can stop me if you know.” He put his nose to the forest floor and inhaled the scents that hid under the brush. “Do you know how to track?”

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

QUOTE (ooc ending)
He teaches her the basics, good thing she's a fast learner, and they catch a baby deer. After eating, it gets late and they say their farewells. Layla mentions where she normally stays, if he'd ever like to see her again... [/quote]