I need a Hero
Live and let live, if only she understood her fathers many bouts of wisdom. He said the strangest words, and phrases and compared them to living things. He wanted to enlighten her, that she understood, and Adonia hadn't heeded much until now, until she was sitting in her lupus form with a leg that still didn't want to fully function. It had been a little over eight weeks since the incident and with the help of many medical books she kept around she didn't do half bad. She knew there were packmembers about that would were more than willing to help her, but she feared being a bother. Looking at the long scar she figured she did a rather tremendous job.

Still healing wasn't done, quite. Shifting into this form was more painful that it ever had been, and most, if not, all the pain was from this one leg/arm. Putting all her weight on it wasn't allowed either. Adonia wasn't one to complain, or at least she did her best not to. Weeks of inability though and she might just burst at the seams.

A heavy sigh came from her muzzle along with a deep suited growl, and she forced herself out her front door to a more spring like weather that was starting to show. A sharp yelp and she shot her leg to herself and scrambled to catch her balance with the other three. "damn it! damn it!damn it!" She bellowed out before she fell to her chest and stomach. She wanted to run again, she wanted to be a wolf again, but with the haunting of her injured leg, when was that going to be? Adonia something to occupy her time, but she had already done that. She took up writing in a journal until soon she was downing herself too much to write anymore. Then there was drawing but she soon became impatient and doodling too quickly and they came out stupid in her opinion. What else was there to do?

She thought of Ookami, but the last time she saw him was when they confessed an I love you to one another, and that was nearly a whole month ago. Did he still feel that way? She knew she still loved him. Adonia still hadn't told Ookami about Echo. She wondered just how serious of a follower echo was. Maybe she shouldn't say anything about echo, the male didn't seem much of a threat to Ookami and her relationship, whatever it was turning into, but still, it nagged in the back of her mind like her broken leg.
Ookami wanted to visit Adonia. The last time he saw her was when he had confessed that he was in fact in love with her. It was quite a while ago that this had happened, many things had taken place... Ookami's rank rose to Senex, Jace was raped.. Ookami finally learned of what was the matter with his ankle. He thought more of that glorious and scared day he told Adonia that he loved her. His cheeks flushed slightly at the thought. She had returned his feelings, well sort of. She had said she thought she loved him too. Ookami didn't care, the important thing was that on some level she shared the same feelings as his own.

He thought again of his ankle. His head swiveled around to view it. A woman by the name of Amada Sadira had stated that he had torn a ligament. She had wrapped it up in a bandage and gave him instructions on what to do to make it heal.. However he was in need of a visit to Adonia, he just couldn't keep his heart at bay...

Soon Adonia's scent became stronger and Ookami's tail wagged with excitement. His ears perked up and he searched the area for his beloved lady. She soon came into view, she seemed quite troubled and Ookami worried a bit.. His pace quickened ever-so-slightly. He reached her side and nuzzled her gently. He gave Adonia a dip of his head and smiled, "Hello Adonia... Are you okay?" His voice was twinged with concern but his voice was happy and cheery. He looked at her leg and his smile dampened. It had a very noticeable scar on it, "How is your leg? Shouldn't you be resting?" Ookami knew why she wasn't though.. she was quite like Ookami herself. She would much rather be out and about than be cooped up, resting a leg.. he was doing the exact same thing. A smile spread across his face as he looked at her gently and lovingly.
With Ookami on her mind and her leg lifted as she continued her stammer, it was one male that came to her side. Ookami himself. She felt his warmth intermingle into her coat and when her eyes met his she felt a rush run over her body that she hadn't noticed before. Her face went flush for a moment...or was it longer? Finally, words filled the air, they weren't her own, but it was something that her mind locked onto as if it was drowning in an emotion she couldn't comprehend. "..I-I am f-fine..I..I was just trying to--" She was stammering and she was having trouble making a coherent sentence really. His words cut in once more and he was right. She shouldn't be on her leg. It had been eight weeks, but with a break it needed more time to heal, especially a break like hers.

Her ears went back and she leaned back into a seated position. Her ears remained back as she bowed her head, "..yeah..I should be resting, and well..I just want to run again.." In truth she wanted to be better, but she wanted to try and show off...for him. He said she loved him, but Adonia still wasn't convinced that she had him in the bag, he had a lot to know, a lot to see of her yet, and yet she had him and really didn't understand it. Her eyes looked up meeting into those handsome orbs of his and she smiled lightly, a slight charm lacing the corners, "..my leg is improving..I'm just a little impatient.." a light laughter ended her words while her two toned eyes continued to glance from the ground to his eyes trying not to stare.

She searched her emotions and she knew now, she knew what this was. She wasn't infatuated with him, she wasn't crushing on him. Adonia Demos was in love and she, for the first time in her life didn't know what to do. She was great at flirting when she really wanted to, but now it was time to pull all her tricks and cards. She would do her best to keep him interested and keep him wanting her....even though he already said he loved her...she still was somehow unconvinced that he was dedicated to her. For all the insecure wolf dog knew was he had other crushes competing for his attention...she knew she had more than one male...but Ookami had all her attention, he had all of her dedication.

The way he looked at her she had to be blind to his intentions, to the fact that his love wasn't brotherly, or sisterly. He wanted her, and now that she felt it a little more from him today her mind overtook her and she spoke, "..I missed you..." She blurted out in a soft whispery voice and she licked her lips lightly feeling suddenly parched from her heart rate feeling like it was fluttering like that of a butterfly. He had her...and she had him...and yet the game of love flighted between them.
Ookami smiled slightly as she began to stutter. He nodded slightly when she said she was okay. He nodded his head when she spoke of wanting to run again, "I know what you mean." He grinned as he turned his head towards his wrapped leg. He grinned, "Well it is good that it is improving." He chuckled along with her laughter with a happy smile on his face. Adonia had just described what he was feeling, impatient and wanting to burst free. He grinned with the thought.

It was wonderful to see Adonia again. It had been quite a while.. his feelings were still strong, if not stronger and he wanted to show it. He would walk through fire for Adonia.. actually he would do anything for her if only she asks. He grinned and her next words sent a giddy feeling spiriling through her body. It was good to hear that she had missed him. "I missed you too." He smiled as he licked his lips. His eyes were bright and happy and still filled with love.
His eyes seemed to light up at her words and she couldn't help but notice. His words came out just like hers, he too missed her and she jumped from the words, "Really?" When she landed her one paw lifted to guard her leg from further pain. She leaned forward toward him and ran her body along his, "I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings." It was a little flirtatious of her to rub so keenly against him, but she wanted to tease him and see if she could get a reaction from him. Her paws moved forward, limping of course, but she didn't let that stop her as she moved a little ways ahead of him before turning back like a dog in heat. It was a bit forward for her and perhaps too much, but again, she was curious of his reaction. "...I didn't expect to miss you as much as I have..perhaps I do love you as I thought...but still.." She turned her head away and began to move away again, "..I think I need to think about my emotions a little more..I wouldn't want to lead you on.." She licked her muzzle then looked back toward him to see his reaction, her tail wagging a little here and there.

Adonia was playing the game a little to forward, and a little to well..but she was enjoying it all the while.
Ookami smiled as she seemed happy with his words. As she rubbed her body against his he got a jolt of something that surged over his body. He grinned and cocked his head. She spoke with a tone Ookami was not familiar with. Her voice seemed teasing and he didn't really understand. His heart sped up with excitement as she said she thinks she loved him again, but as she said she needed to think about it more his heart dropped. What was there to think about? He didn't understand what she was trying to do. No one had ever acted like this with him before. It was strange to him. He assumed it was a game from the way her voice teased with him but he couldn't be sure. He decided to say what he felt, if she continued to keep up this teasing voice, maybe he would have to say something like that back. "You could lead me on all you want... I could wait for you forever." He smiled and trotted up to her side.

He nipped at her muzzle and let his tounge slide across it. The lick was gentle and affectionate. He smiled, his eyes sparked.
He was staying strong, and she liked it...no, she loved it. When he spoke and came to her side her heart felt heavy, and her breath was taken away. She couldn't play the game well, not when he was making her heart feel so heavy. She was in deep love, she was twitterpatted. A light grumble came to her vocals when he nipped her but then his kiss came across it giving her just what she wanted, a touch, a feel. Her eyes closed and she licked back with the same affection, "You're not going to let up...are you?" Her voice was heavy with emotion and she was slowly accepting that she was caught long before she even knew it. Hell, he had her at hello, but she wanted to think otherwise.

Her head bowed down and she rubbed beneath his chin, much like a cat, but she was quirky, she had her own special way of moving and talking. She was nervous though, she feared falling, but she already was there. Adonia didn't know what to do but to stay pressed against him as if any moment he would disappear from her and this was all just a dream. A light whimper came from her, a whimper of fear.
He smiled gently as she liked him back. He shook his head gently, "No." He smiled again, thinking that that was the only word that needed to be spoken. He looked into her eyes gently, admiring the way they were different colors. His eyes were filled with love and a bit of confusion. But that soon faded away. When she placed her head beneath his chin another surge of energy powered through his body. He tucked his head down gently, pulling her closer to him. He shut his eyes tight, holding onto this moment. It felt so right. It felt right to him to be touching her and to be close to her. Everything he felt around her just felt right and... amazing. He had never felt like this before and it scared him a bit. He was scared that she would reject him. Or that someone would come between them.

He stepped forward slightly, wanting to be even closer to her. She whimpered and he shut his eyes tight again. He wouldn't hurt her... ever. He couldn't even imagine doing such a thing. "Adonia.. I will never... ever.. hurt you." He spoke with tight words, his voice filled with emotion and heavy with care. He wanted to let her know this. It wasn't enough for him to say in his head that he wouldn't hurt her.. he needed to say it out loud. "I promise." Ookami would never break this promise.
She felt so safe, she felt naked even, and to have him hold onto more, to tightened their contact was all she wanted. She could live like this, who needed water, who needed food? All she needed was Ookami right here with her. His no was like a promise to her, a promise that he wanted her. Her head withdrew some so her eyes could look up into his when he spoke again, this time about her whimper. ..I will never...ever..hurt you She repeated it in her mind, and her head lowered down, ears pack tightly to her head. Her head turned to the side so all he could view was the right side of her face. Then without much noticed he said 'promise' and she surged forward with grace and speed, her muzzle touched to his and she rubbed against him, "...what do you want of me? Do you want to be my mate? Or is that too much? Where do we go from here?" Her words were soft and curious.

It scared her to think of mateships. She hadn't ever seen any she liked. They all were broken, or full of problems. Adonia feared what was going on with them, but she wanted everything out there. "..I'm afraid of mating...I've seen a lot of pain...be slow with me please.." Had she said this before? She couldn't remember, but she wanted to put it out there again. All the while she kept her muzzle to his and she again let out her tongue and caressed his muzzle with the most loving and tender lick possible from her, then rubbed her muzzle against his, "..I..I love you, a lot." Her words were a thick whisper built with a lot of emotion behind them.
He smiled as she rubbed her muzzle agaisnt his. He rubbed back. She asked him questions, "Sure being your mate would be wonderful.. like a dream come true... but.. I will do whatever you want to do." He was sure the words were the right ones as he rubbed against her muzzle more. She said to be slow with her.. It was something she had told him before.. she said she was afraid.. he spoke gently, There is nothing to be afraid of with me Adonia.. I know that not all mateships are perfect and lots of them are..." He searched for a word, "In danger.. but I will take it as slow as you want me to." He closed his eyes as she licked him and her next words snapped his eyes open and made a smile flood onto his muzzle.. "I love you too.." It felt good to say those words once again, and it felt even better that she didn't say think He smiled for what seemed like the hundredth time and he licked her again. He didn't want this moment to end.. He wanted it to continue on forever... just like... this.
He was too good, and it scared her, but she remained still, "..I don't want to stop you from doing anything you would like to do with me...I.." Her tail tucked and she whimpered her body shrinking down. Memories flooded to her and she recalled things that she shouldn't. "..I'm sorry Ookami..." The little wolf dog had her past, and it haunted her at the wrong times and her behavior changed like a bulb turning on. "..I'm damaged Ookami...you don't want me...really...I'll only disappoint you I'm sure of it." She recalled Domonick, "..I know you say you won't hurt me..but I'm sure when you get to know me, I'm sure you'll want to leave...."

A shaky breath came from her and then tears began to flood. "..I really do Love you..I--I loved you the day I saw you...something about you, the way you stood. You're like a dream to me...but I'm afraid I'll do something....I always do something wrong..." She shrunk down like a punished omega and held herself there awaiting his yelling. She thought of her father's words, her mother's words. Oh, she knew she messed it up now.
Ookami shook his head. He spoke in a gentle and calm voice, "No Adonia.. You are not going to disappoint me. I will never ever want to leave you. I want to be with you forever What do I have to do to prove that to you? Please? I will do anything for you Adonia.." He saddened when tears came to her eyes, he didn't want her to be upset. All he wanted was for her to be happy. He got down to the level she was on. Her words didn't make sense.. what could she possibly do that would want him to be with anyone else? "I have always loved you too. I knew from the moment I saw you.. You. are a dream to me Adonia. I have never met anyone like you before and I only want you You can never possibly do anything that would make me not want to love you." He wanted her to understand... he wondered what he could do to prove his love for her. Anything she wanted.. he would walk through fire.. swim to the bottom of the deepest ocean.. He would face his greatest fear if only it would prove that he loved her. Those words seemed right, so he repeated them out loud.. "I would do anything you want me too.. I would walk through fire for you.. I would swim to the bottom of the deepest ocean.. and I would face my greatest fear to prove you of my love.. Anything you want Adonia.."
He didn't walk away like she thought he would do. He didn't scold her either. Adonia's eyes opened up and she looked at him. She listened to his words, and she met her eyes to his. Again she licked her lips and she thought about what he requested. She sniffled back listening to him, listening to everything he had to say about her, about his feelings for her, everything. Her head lifted and she remembered something her mother recited after a bout with a boyfriend that ended with her beaten and shattered in her mother's paws. Her head went down, "I don't want to make you do anything...if you want to prove your love...just stay at my side no matter what I do. Just slow down when I need it and run with me when I need it. That's all I ask. I don't want you to get hurt...so don't walk or run through fire...." She paused sniffling back some, "I don't want you to drown...so don't try and swim to the deepest ocean....I'm sorry....I have a lot of anxiety..and I get insecure..I hope..I hope it doesn't scare you from my side.."

Her blue eyes looked deep into his watching him wondering what he would do now, now that she crumbled her other wall. All that was left was a flemsy fence..it was shaky by it was now her only defense from anything he may do to hurt her. She swallowed hard and she watched him now awaiting his reaction again.
He listened to her words carefully, yes.. this he could do for her. He could and would stay by her side through it all.. no matter what he wouldn't leave her or hurt her. Okay. I can do that Adonia, I want to do that." He watched her carefully as he scoot closer to her. He touched his muzzle to her's and kept it like that. He enjoyed the closeness... could this be that start of something new? A mateship? Something lower than that? He quickly shook the thoughts from his mind. He would focus on the present, not look into the future.. he would take it slow. Just like Adonia wanted him to. "I love you." He licked her cheek again before he shuthis eyes tight, thinking about all their time together, he thought about each moment he spent with her that had made him fall in love with her. He smiled And that will never change.
Her tail began to wag, he agreed, he would take up the challenge she set before him. She knew she wasn't a walk in the park. That had been made clear by the lack of friends she had, and also by the fact the domonick left her side. She watched as he spoke of love again and said that would never change, then the lick ensued. Her head bowed and pressed to his, "I love you too...I love you tons!" She blurted and then licked him back. Again her muzzle rubbed against his.

This was all she ever wanted; intimacy. It was something she enjoyed, something so small and so simple, yet it made her heart race and feel heavy.

Without warning she pulled away quickly and nipped his ear, "..mine!?" she yipped out playfully, then tilted her head like a puppy, a puppy like smile brandished on her muzzle as her tongue flopped out. It was her little spark, her little style.
"It's good to hear that." He laughed as she grabbed onto his ear. He snapped gently back at her's and laughed some more, "And this is mine!" He laughed as he Locke her face and jumped up. He nuzzled the top of her head, licking her again. He just couldn't stop the affectionate actions! They were overpowering. He couldn't believe he hadn't been rejected, it was amazing. Her puppy look melted his heart and he sank down to the ground again. He wanted to wrestle and run with her but both their legs were injured. He would wait for that too to heal.

He wanted to ask so many questions. What would they do from here? Were they mates? Would they live together? but no.. he was taking it slow. He swallowed these questions, but they wouldn't go down. They stayed in the tip of his tounge, about to burst out of him at any second. He took deep breath and forced the questions away. The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift, and that is why it is called the present. It was true, today truly was a gift. He smiled and looked into Adonia's eyes for what Dudley would not be the last time. He licked her chin, shut his eyes and laughed.