...but WILL you say that I am mad?
POSTLOG
MM.DD.YYYY topic title | topic desc.
All topics have been ARCHIVED.

3.28.2011 Ticket to Doom or Destiny | Darkness reaches the top Halcyon Mountain and starts to regret coming to 'Souls in the first place; fortunately he meets Layla and comes to realize that he might not actually mind being in 'Souls.
4.10.2011 I Saw the Top of the World... it wasn't that fantastic | Darkness reaches the borders of Inferni and is confronted by Io Berlin and Aeron Ganesa; somewhere along the line he also meets Jaden Ohanzee.
4.22.2011 Out | Darkness has another encounter with Io in Millstone Village, but this time she insults him in a foreign language.
4.25.3011 A lost and lonely girl | Darkness meets Amaterasu Franklin when he finds her curled up near a tree and crying.
4.27.2011 Get Me Out of Here | Darkness, exploring a short distance away from Anathema, meets Eris Eternity.
6.6.2011 M- American Psycho | Darkness is murdered on Whisper Beach by Hurricane.

LASKY
undated He Swipes Seashells by the Seashore | Darkness, on one of his shiny-stuff-collecting expeditions, meets a weakened Io Berlin and decides he'll help, even though he has no idea what to do. (This thread was killed under the mutual agreement of Rose and I. It never happened. Period.)
GRAPHICS
[html]

Word Count → ###
Table by Kiki.

Darkness does. "Darkness speaks." Darkness thinks.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>

[/html]
WORD OF THE DAY
  • 4.29.2011 - osmose
    "It was a rare occasion when he managed to osmose a concept such as "be quiet when someone's crying"..."
If I only had a journal...
Darkness's account of his life in 'Souls. This could be considered a journal entry that he wrote after death, but he never learned how to write. He's not acting OOC; after he dies he finally does go crazy.
[html]

Table by Sie; I be stealin' it from Slade, 'cause the image fits. Shrunk the text and removed the name.

You want me to tell you about my life in 'Souls? Oh goodness, then what a story you're about to hear. Take my word when I say that scaling those damned mountains was the worst mistake I could have ever made, and had I not given in to my desire to explore I would likely still be alive right now!

It started when I saw those mountains. Ever since I was a pup I've been afraid of heights, even if I hadn't known it. But at this point of my life I had lost a very important part of life called common sense, and gave in to my overwhelming desire to see just what was over those hills.

It was disappointing. As I should have suspected, once I reached the top I could hardly focus on the beauty of the land before me due to my acrophobia. Instead I stood there like a complete idiot, and eventually fell over thanks to a moth--a moth!--flapping its wings in my ear. Mind you, I had lost my common sense, have I told you that already?

If it hadn't been for Layla I would have been there all night. She was a kindly and friendly wolf, and we spent the night together--don't look at me that way, we only slept around a campfire, and I was hesitant to go in the first place--but I left before we could wake up the next morning. Ever since I had convinced myself of being an amnesiac--can you believe that, of all ridiculous ideas I came up with amnesiac?--I had wanted to see the world. A foolish and ridiculous goal; need I remind you of what I lacked?

Continuing my foolish travels, I took one too many steps close to the border of Inferni, which is a pack centered around coyotes, coyote hybrids, and their kin. It was here that I was confronted by Io and Aeron, who did threaten me, but I disregarded their warnings completely when Jaden--another dark-colored brute like myself--showed up, shortly after accompanied by Layla. The meeting was an interesting one to say the least, since with Layla's arrival the wolves outnumbered the coyotes, but if I went into detail I'd never drop the subject.

Only weeks later I had another run-in with Io. She introduced me to cigarettes, but otherwise there is nothing noteworthy about that encounter. She wasn't nearly as hostile as she was originally, but the simple cause of this is the fact that we were on neutral land. This didn't stop her from confusing me with a foreign language, but again, this is a topic I could easily ramble on and on about, and since you asked to hear my story I won't bore you. You should talk to me again at some point, though, if you don't fear the dead--we could have a nice chat.

The last two wolves I met were two females, one white and one black. Neither of my encounters with them were particularly important, but the later, Eris, was the final wolf I managed to converse with before my days ended.

Until then my travels had focused on the northern region, around the mountains still; again, my curiosity was to blame. I can't help but wonder if what happened next could have been avoidable had I decided to finally head southwest at an earlier or later time. Destiny is such a curious thing, no?

I was on a coastline called Whisper Beach, which I had visited to fulfill my obscure need for shiny pebbles. Then I was killed, killed by a bicolor man with a bat!

All I did was share a greeting. I was so foolish to say so! Normally my greetings were met with awkward stares or another greeting, but I had been lucky. I should have known that this was coming sooner or later. I tried too hard to push a conversation, tried to talk and tried to urge a reply. I was only beginning to wonder if the other man was deaf when he gave me a reply; I can remember it so clearly: "How dare you make it dark out here..."

I wasn't sure what had been going through his mind at that moment, but from his snarl I should have known that the answer was nothing good. All I could do was tilt my head, and in return I got a bat, got a bat at my shoulder, the impact throwing me to the ground.

The fall finally knocked some sense into me as I tried to scramble away. All I could do was crawl helplessly, as every time I tried to stand I got another hit to the shoulder.

My scramble was fruitless. I heard two final words, "I'm Hurricane," and he delivered a cruel blow that struck me to the ground. All I could do was give up, and then all I could think of was the very word that I had made my name: darkness. My mind became shrouded in darkness.

I was fortunate enough to avoid finding out what Hurricane did with my body, and for the sake of your sleep and dreams tonight I'm not going to be the one to tell.

Is that satisfying enough? I have told you my story. What happened to me after that is hard to say exactly; an after-death experience never fails to be difficult to put into words. I'll let you know that I've become fully consious of my entire life, which is something I no longer care to elaborate on.

Did that sentence get through to you? I'd appreciate it if you left me to my afterlife wanderings now.

<style>
.slade-txt {font-family: 'Palatino Linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 10px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:500px; }
.slade-txt .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XXDEO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.slade-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.slade-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.slade-txt .tagline {font-family:'Zeyada', arial, serif; font-size:30px; padding:25px 15px 13px 0px; text-align:right;}
.slade-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 10px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p {text-indent:0px;}
.slade-txt .inner .tagline + p:first-letter{ display:block; margin:5px; float:left; font-size:60px;}
.slade-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.slade-txt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]