by the lifeform
So sorry for the delay, Adam. Firefly Fields.

Pendzez sat on the cold ground in the Firefly Fields. Why was he doing this, he was meditating, something that he usually did. It was morning, the sun just becoming visible over the mountains. He sat quietly, with his legs crossed, his hands resting on his knees, his eyes closed, his sword still sheathed, in front of him. He didn't mutter any verbal rhythms or chants, like some humans often did in their meditations. His was more of Buddhist meditation.

The purpose of this was to relax his body, and calm the mind. However, despite his thoughts concentrating on this, it didn't mean that he was unaware of his surrounds. In a way, this rumination heightens his other senses, including hearing, sensing presence, and smell. Even a playful sneek up from behind would be ineffective, not that he didn't like a playful sneek up.
[html]

Jeez sorry this took forever! WC: 276

The half-tailed ruffian was bored, completely and utterly bored. He had been scavenging, hunting, and gathering for the past few weeks so much that it had become entirely routine. There was no spice to it anymore, no enjoyment of lazily hanging around the Valley for so long. Perhaps it was the abandonment of travelling that had changed Ty, perhaps after moving around and having adventures for so long, Ty found himself feeling like he didn't have many adventures here in Phoenix Valley.

However, as luck would have it, something exciting was about to come his way. As Ty lumbered his way into the clearing of none other than Pendzez Zazkex, the white noble and sparring comrade of Ty's. He hadn't really seen or talked to the white wolf much since his return, but he had been itching to take out some stress in a playful wrestling match, and who better to do it with than someone who fashioned himself a zen warrior?

Of course, the reason Pendzez was such a joy to playfight was that the two of them were polar opposites. Where as Pendzez was structured and regimented in his own meditation and old methods, Ty was always a resourceful person, taking the structure and making it unpredictable and different. However, Ty did have respect for the old methods Pendzez practiced, he even practiced them himself fairly often, and wasn't one to simply spit on human traditions and strike Pendzez just for the hell of it. Instead, Ty simply sat down quietly in front of the white noble and waited patiently for him to acknowledge his presence, his half-tail waving slightly in the cool wind.

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's cool Smile

The male showed no signs of movement while he was sitting down. He was in a state of meditation, it almost looked like he was sleeping while sitting. That would be a cool, yet also very creepy thing, like sleeping with your eyes open. He kept his mind clear, which would boost his concentration. His body was motionless.

He knew there was a presence of another wolf approaching him, then sitting in front of him. However, this did not make the male budge from his time of zen. He knew, from the scent, that it was his old friend Ty. He still had his sword in front of him, which, if it was a hostile stranger, he would take attack. He could tell who was who, even in his zen.

With a deep breath, his eye lids opened to reveal his fiery red orbs, which caught sight of the other wolf. Ty did well not to disturb Pendzez in his meditation. "Ty" Within a moment, a smile formed along the white males lips. It was good to see him again "Old friend"

<style type="text/css">
.pendzez-redo b {font-weight:bold; color:#152746; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pendzez-redo .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.pendzez-redo p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pendzez-redo {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c0b7b0; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2lj2a01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#284883; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 226

"'Bout friggin' time you acknowledged I was here." The brute said with a playful growl, his body now taut, but still remaining in a sitting position. "I thought you were going to ignore that I was here at all, what with your focus devoted into meditation." His half-tail now swished back and forth with an almost youthful glee as he leaned back into a more comfortable seating position. "Personally I can never figure out how you have the time to raise kids, maintain a relationship with your mate, gather, hunt, and still have hours to sit here and breathe." He chuckled. "Though I've never been one to remain still for very long anyway."

Reaching towards a nearby bush, Ty was able to snag some rather ripe berries, spring was here after all, and with spring came the emergence of edible plants and animals once again, besides the meager rabbits and rodents the pack had been keeping themselves going on since the storm. The berries around the Valley were beginning to ripen, the juice now really flowing within the fruits of the land, really able to sate someone until they found some actual meat.

"Speaking of which, how is the family?" Ty asked as he began to pop berries into his mouth. "I haven't seen any of your kids for a while, how are they holding up?"

<style type="text/css">
.tysunset .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tysunset {margin:0px auto; width:399px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/9vblmc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 235px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#B8B8B8; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

My God! I must reply now

From the quick reaction that Pendzez received from Ty, he could immediately recognize that his old friend and trusted ally was the same as he remembered him. Impatient, and always asking questions about the white male. Strange enough, Pendzez even considered himself to be somewhat different from everyone else, in a way that questions are often asked about him. However, it made his mind come to peace. It calmed his mind more.

Again, with the questions. Was Pendzez such an enigma to Tyrone? To go beyond, was Pendzez an enigma to the pack? To Jefferson? To Xeris? To anyone? Indeed, he was strange. Yet, he was the type to continue on old human traditions. In this case, meditation, bushido, zen, etc. "A little knowledge in all things does not hurt the body. Instead, it increase your capabilities."

He kept his eye on the other wolf as he picked some berries. Pendzez did the same, yet in a graceful and patient manner, even as he devoured one berry at a time. "Xion and Delwyn have departed the land. Only Carwyn remains."

<style type="text/css">
.pendzez-redo b {font-weight:bold; color:#152746; letter-spacing:1px; }
.pendzez-redo .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.pendzez-redo p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.pendzez-redo {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c0b7b0; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/2lj2a01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#284883; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 279

Ty could only chuckle at Pendzez's lecture about how the human meditation was good for a person. Ty would not refute the benefits of meditation, but that did not change his statement. "Please, old friend." Ty remarked "You've given me this lecture millions of times, I know that meditation is a good thing, I just don't know how you have time to do it. I barely have enough time these days to take two-hour nap before something comes up, like a big black wolf shows up or something." Ty paused as he mentioned Lucifer, the wolf that had been recently terrorizing the women of Phoenix Valley. It seemed the beast hovered though the Valley like a looming black cloud, striking people at their weakest. "You might want to keep a close eye on Xeris, by the way, Lucifer might target her next."

To Ty's question about Pendzez's children Ty received a surprising answer, two of them had left the Valley to pursue their own goals. Had it really been that long? Ty could remember yesterday when the two were simply pups. "Really? They're gone?" He scratched the back of his head with ashamed dismay. "Must have been when I ran off to Mexico,how upsetting...Still, good to hear your kids have grown up, though it is starting to make me feel old."

The scarred brute got to his feet after he remarked about the children, stretching his back as he continued to talk. "Though I'd like to think I could still take on most of the younger pups in this pack, if not all of Halifax." He then observed his friend's continued meditations. "How about you? You been keeping your skills sharp?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]