there is love in your body
[html]

Word Count → 308

Short and sweet, I guess? Big Grin Hope this works for yoooouuu. :3 Mid-morning, Optime, blah blah...

The girl had traveled early in the morning from her comfortable cave home. She'd slept peacefully in the comforting presence of her sister China, but her body longed to move again. Having packed up her things with the rising sun, she'd set off atop Lennon, destination unknown.

For once, though, she ended up somewhere familiar, and even on Inferni land. D'Neville Mansion. She'd been before, but its charm had drawn her back. Something about its dilapidated facade, ivy-covered walls and peeling paint made her happy. Maybe she just enjoyed seeing Mother nature regaining control over what was supposed to be rightfully hers. Much of the mansion was built out of wood, after all.

It was with a pleasantly dazed smile that she positioned herself on that rickety old porch, the sun rising just high enough now to peek into the poorly shaded place. Her pencil was at the ready, sketchbook set upon small thighs as she sat on the edge of the creaky porch, one of the many joints for the day perched daintily between her lips. The hippie girl took several deep inhales of it as she began sketching from her head. It wasn't what she was looking at, for once, but somewhere made her feel safe; the sea. Her few trips to Cours des Miracles had granted her the luxury of visiting the cliff-ridden view of the sea that she loved so much. Sure, the beach was nice, but nothing could beat that view, or the sound of the waves crashing against the Earth with such force.

Somehow managing a delightful harmony of multitasking, the Lykoi girl hummed softly along to some unknown tune, feet dancing about cheerfully beneath her.

Nearby, Lennon rummaged beneath the snow for fresh signs of plant life that he might destroy with his mouth.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.sr-rose .divider {border-bottom:1px solid;}
.sr-rose p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.sr-rose b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Optime form → Lacking clothing, only because she was too lazy to get dressed before wandering away from home. Assume the alcohol is some sort of vodka; I like the cobalt bottles. She's pretty heavily drunk. It can probably be smelled.

Weeks had passed since the verbal beating dealt by her monstrous father, but the wounds dealt still bled wholly. Nothing had hurt so much as his words. While Andrezej had destroyed her body and mind, Gabriel had shattered a love and faith that tied his eldest daughter to the real world. The Lykoi woman attempted to rationalize his words, perhaps hoping that he had only been angry with her, but she knew it wasn't true. Gabriel spoke truth, at least in the mind of the maturing female. She couldn't deny his opinion as fact. God was angry with her. She had made mistakes. She was suffering for sins that she could never change. She was suffering for parentage, becoming just like the mother she wished deceased. Though she had removed herself from the Massacre life, it had not let her go.

Dainty russet hands wrapped around a cobalt bottle, chilled and frosty from the cool air that filtered into her home within the Grimwell Caverns. A disgusting vice that left her mind calm, if not better, and one she had been partaking in more fervently since her own realization that God had left her. Another stinging sip passed creme lips and easily slipped down her throat. Another uncertain step took her closer to the place she had once called home. D'Neville manor was a comfortable memory, where she had met Cotl and where she had spent hours in the company of Kesho Maisha, but also a place that invoked horror. Spirits followed her in the darkness there, and yet she always returned.

Perhaps it called to her like Inferni did.

Crimson eyes settled upon a figure on the porch, the odd scent of smoked herb lingering on the wind. Talitha knew what it was, but not who she was, though she could safely assume that the female was related. She wore golden eyes, golden Lykoi eyes, with the same earthy stripe that her Grandmother Kaena had offered to the children she bore; Ezekiel wore the same handsome feature. A soft hiccup gave prelude to her presence before she took a shaky step up to the old wooden porch, glancing about anxiously. The female was sketching, and nearby a horse was rummaging for food. Talitha cleared her throat. "You draw?" she asked, taking another generous gulp from the blue bottle. As an artist herself, she was intrigued, but did not feel comfortable approaching.

<style>
/*This handles the shape and whatnot of your table.*/
.ns01 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}

/*NS01-IC is the In-Character post stuff, or the lower portion. NS01-TOP is the OOC section. If you want a BG in it, just fill it out.*/
.ns01-ic {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;border-top:1px solid;}
.ns01-ooc {background-image:none;background-position:top right;background-color:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;}

/*This handles the OOC, word count and form, character name, and paragraphs. You can remove any of the parts of the upper thing, but I wouldn't advise editing this section unless you're doing it for asthetic reasons.*/
.ns01-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ns01-ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.ns01 p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}

/*This handles the speech, italics and WOTD*/
.ns01 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ns01 .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 406

derpaderp.

Sage had thought she'd been drawing the sea, but as it formed something else had grown around it, as well. Leaves had sprouted from her pencil and she had not bothered to erase them, instead letting the picture adopt a strangely out-of-place bit of scenery that somehow still manage to look nice. The hippie girl laughed a bit to herself, thinking maybe if she added a cliff to the picture, placing this bit of greenery on top of it, it might not be so odd. As she puzzled over a good way to manage it, she'd become interrupted by an acute sound ahead of her.

Yellow eyes rose slowly to watch the young lady walking towards her; a red-eyed Infernian with lovely auburn locks and distinctive dog coloring. She looked familiar, even, and Sage's eyes followed her with interest as she climbed onto the porch, as well. The russet and cream woman carried a pretty glass bottle with her, too; something Sage had seen before. She thought back to the fun, lazy day spent with Strelein over in Halifax and smiled to herself, though her lips barely curled.

"You draw?" the copper lady asked with lazy words as she climbed upon the rickety porch.

The old building creaked in protest as she moved across it, though she stayed at somewhat far range. Her hand curled so lovingly around the bottle brought the thing to her mouth and she gulped down a large swig.

Sage may have appeared rude, staring for a moment as she did, trying to process just what she was seeing. Golden eyes scrutinized the bottle in her pleasantly high state, taking a drag from her own favorite drug as she did, managing to notice the bottle was not very full at all. Sage recalled, vaguely, not having to drink very much of that stuff to feel quite...different. Nevertheless, she greeted the pretty lady with a warm smile.

"Why yes, I do!" she exclaimed happily, her voice smooth and light. "Do you, as well?" Sage asked, beckoning the woman closer with a simple gesture, tucking the joint between her lips again and breathing in its sweet smoke. It was about time Sage had met some other girls in here besides herself, her sisters, and grandmother. Someone who took an interest in her art was automatically a candidate for friendship, and Sage would gratefully welcome the opportunity for more friends.

<style>
.sr-rose {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:transparent;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/aFW0k.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.sr-rose .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.sr-rose u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This post is CRAAAAP. I sorry. ;~; Ilu.

A slow blink from Talitha was followed by the excited exclamation of the unnamed Lykoi before her; it surprised the elder female for the briefest moment. Never had she experienced a coyote of the kingdom as happy, not truly happy at least. They were fighters or, in the case of one poor thing who had suffered the wrath of the Aquila's daughter during the snowstorm, passive, but so rarely happy. The woman did, in fact, draw and asked if her guest did as well. Though she motioned for the princess to come closer, Talitha maintained her safe distance at the edge. She wasn't ready to move near.

A sigh passed through creme lips, laced with all the heavy tang of alcohol. "Yes. Sometimes." She was proud of her skills in artistic creation, though she lacked perfection when it came to the Luperci form. Art was a passion she would never let go of, followed so closely by the music she had once loved in her youth. Slowly, warily, she stepped toward what she assumed was a cousin, crimson gaze leaning to see the piece in her tan hands.

"You're a Lykoi. Which one." A question though it was, her voice held no upward inflection, and bore all the same faint animosity that was given to outsiders found upon their borders. In her drunken state, she was incapable of noticing the difference. A Luperci was a Luperci, and all were treated the same while under the influence. With a grunt, she took a seat beside the younger woman. "This is very...nice," she offered, reaching out with a frail hand to touch the paper. As a landscape artist in her own right, she admired the beauty in drawn works.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel b {font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 288

It was fine! <3 Mine's short. :X

The woman didn't move at her beckon, and Sage thought it a bit odd, but said nothing. It was clear in her posture and speech that she was quite inebriated, and so the petite girl would let her slightly rude actions go unmentioned. Auburn locks jumped about as the lady sighed a reply.

"Yes. Sometimes." she said shortly, hesitating before moving closer now.

Sun-colored gaze met her supposed relative's crimson one as she came near. Sage would be a bit wary herself, for she knew what alcohol could do. There was something in that drug that brought out darkness, anger. Sage imbibed it like anyone else, on occasion, but what time was it? A glance to the sun let her know it was still rather early, and this russet lady was already quite drunk. Odd, for the hour.

"You're a Lykoi. Which one." the woman asked bluntly, almost uninterested to hear the answer.

Sage was not deterred, and gave her name as cheerily as she had her greeting: "Sage. Sage River." she said, a slight curl coming to her lips. "I'm Razekiel's daughter." the tanned girl added, that faint hope of finding him always in the back of her mind.

"This is very...nice," the stranger said as she sat down beside Sage, seeming a bit begrudged by the ordeal.

Sage managed a simple, "Thank you.", but as the woman leaned over to feel the paper, the strong smell of alcohol hung about her, and the hippie girl's body tensed in involuntary response.

"You're a Lykoi, too, then?" she asked unnecessarily, bringing the smoldering joint to her lips and taking a generous inhale of the warm smoke. "Strange we haven't met yet," she offered curiously. Where had this woman been when Sage had wandered the grounds so often?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Seriously crap post. Again. OMG. I'm so sorry.

Talitha had never met her uncle, though she knew the name Razekiel just as she knew the names of older family. He'd been a member in the clan up until the snowstorm; then, he'd simply disappeared, like a ghost on the wind. This girl was his daughter, named in such a queer way that Talitha had to quirk one drunken eyebrow in her direction. Sage River? Earth names had never been interesting to the princess, and the cheer of this woman proved it brought along something strange even in Lykoi blood. Still, it was perhaps nice to hear such joy in another, when she felt nothing.

Admiring the art brought thanks from her cousin, and black-rimmed ears twisted backward to rest amongst auburn curls. Inquiries were expressed. She wasn't sure if she wanted to divulge information just yet. But Sage had been so forthcoming, and it would be rude not to tell her. "A Lykoi, perhaps. Talitha Lykoi." A name that didn't give away true parentage, for she was born of a de le Poer. Sage mused about the oddity in facts that the two hadn't met before. Talitha didn't see it.

"I choose not to see others. If my father has taught me anything, it's how to be a ghost." She wasn't a social creature without addition of heavy liquor; this was proved by another sip from the cobalt bottle that had fueled her desire to interact with the woman in the first place. A gentle smile, strange on the harsh features of the unhealthy russet coyote, crept into the open. "Sage River. Strange name. My own lies. Ezekiel was the lucky one." How she coveted the de le Poer surname. Ezekiel got everything his father offered. Talitha was left with her mother's blood.

<style type="text/css">
.talithaangel .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.talithaangel {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... iangel.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 120px 0px 20px 40px; font-family: times new roman, sans-serif; font-size:13px; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 376

Don't worry. I don't care about length or if you think it's crap. Smile Most of mine are short pieces of crap anyways, too, to me. xD

"A Lykoi, perhaps. Talitha Lykoi." she introduced vaguely.

Sage gave a smile and a nod, trying not to wince at the strong scent of liquor on her breath. Maybe it'd be best to deal with this woman when she was sober, Sage thought. It was really too late, though; she'd already begun the conversation, and Sage wasn't one to be rude, anyways. She cleared her throat and piped up, setting her sketchbook and pencil down and taking another hit from the joint before replying.

"Well, nice to meet you, Talitha. It seems we are related. Not really surprising here, though, is it?" she added with a cheerful tone. A finger lifted to tap the ash from her joint before she puffed on it again. Then, with a blink of realization, she held it out to the russet lady. "Like to smoke, love?" she offered, trying again to be as pleasant as possible. Sage was familiar with the unmanageable waves of rage that often came with heavy drinking. She sure didn't want to be caught in the midst of one of those moments.

"I choose not to see others. If my father has taught me anything, it's how to be a ghost." Talitha said.

With eyebrows raised slightly, Sage nodded again, eyes half-lidded. "At least your father taught you something," Sage mused quietly. Her father hadn't been around in her life for long, and though she desperately tried to find him, he had been too good at hiding. If a father did not want to see his daughter, then why should she continue to try? She had, though, and probably still would. "Do I know him?" she asked, wondering if her father still lived here.

"Sage River. Strange name. My own lies. Ezekiel was the lucky one." Talitha spoke of names, and Sage's features twisted in vague confusion.

"Talitha? How does it lie?" she wondered, "I think it's a fitting name for you; it's very pretty." The happy, easy smile was on her face again, unable to keep away the honest comments that she so easily bestowed upon her acquaintances. The lady was beautiful, as was her name. Sage knew that probably wasn't what Talitha had meant; she was more likely talking of the name's meaning, it's origin. But Sage knew little about this, and so went with what she did know; how it sounded, how it rolled off the tongue. She didn't think hers lied, nor did she think Talitha's did.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Her words brought more questions, but not without an offer as well. The Lykoi stared with champagne-eyes as her cousin held out what she'd been smoking. She knew the smell. Drugs had never been part of her life, though Cotl seemed so far into them that she wondered how she'd gone so long without a taste. More interested in the joint now, she set the beautiful bottle onto the worn porch, reaching out to take it. Trying to mimic the younger woman, she set it at her mouth, inhaling without caution; the sudden rush of smoke into her lungs caused her to cough quite violently. As quickly as she'd taken it, she gave it back, grimacing at what was left. Ugh.

She was glad to change the subject. Sage commented on her father's teachings and asked if she knew the man. Talitha almost laughed; of course, she did expect Sage to know the dark Aquila. It wasn't until she decided to give an explanation for the falsities in her moniker that Talitha revealed her parentage. "It lies because I am not a Lykoi." The statement was easy to say. She was one generation too late to be born in a position that deserved the surname her grandmother gave to so many. "Instead, I am a de le Poer; or a Massacre, if one decided to name me after my mother's family. Gabriel is my father." And unlike so many others, she also had the privileged of claiming both Valkyrie and Hybrid as her family as well.

Crimson eyes watched as her toes curled over the edge of her foot. "Wonder why feet are shaped like that," she mused. As her toes curled a second time, she giggled drunkenly. It looked so silly! Without thinking, she raised one hand and curled the fingers, looking at the differences between the two.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 328

:3 Hehe.

Sage's thoughts were still hung on the meaning of a name lying, wondering what the girl had meant, when Talitha brought her attention back, the joint reappearing in the tan girl's hand as the other lady spoke again.

"It lies because I am not a Lykoi." she said plainly, her statement causing Sage's brows to raise, and then lower: surprised confusion. "Instead, I am a de le Poer; or a Massacre, if one decided to name me after my mother's family. Gabriel is my father." Talitha added, her tone still aching with melancholy.

Sage remained silent for several moments, absorbing the information, stopping herself from saying silly things or asking dumb questions. Sage knew the Aquila. Barely; but he was her uncle.

"Why not go by either of those names?" she questioned. "Though, really, love, your name should not bother you so much. 'Tis just a name, after all," Sage added lightheartedly, smile blooming on her face again, hoping to share the warmth with her friend, who was currently filled with a different kind of heating substance.

"Wonder why feet are shaped like that," Talitha said, highly amused.

Strangely, the pretty girl had abandoned her identity crisis now, favoring the shapes her feet made as she wiggled and stretched the toes. Unable to stifle a giggle, Sage's eyebrows raised as she watched the girl in amusement. She'd forgotten how fun her favorite herb could be for such infrequent smokers!

Sage mirrored Talitha, looking down at her own feet and raising them up, wiggling the furred toes, her paw pads feeling cool against each other.

"There's probably a very good reason," she mused, clearly not knowing it herself, or caring to bother investigating at the moment. Her feet moved closer to her cousins, examining the differences in color there. "Your fur is really pretty," she said honestly; Sage loved that dark red color, but she only had the tiniest bit of a similar color on her face. The rest of her fur was colored much like sand and dirt. It wasn't as stunning as China's silvery pelt, but there was a Earthy harmony about it that she did enjoy, having come to realize the funny irony only recently.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She's totally NOT hitting on Sage, but DOES think that she smells nice. XD Silly-drunk Talitha is silly.

The subject of names, though Sage did give her two cents about the whole issue, was tossed to the side as they focused on their feet. In a mixture of drunkenness and a subtle high from the marijuana her cousin seemed to enjoy, the older Lykoi simply couldn't get enough of how her toes bent against the rest of her foot. She tried to do one at a time, but it became difficult after the first. She voiced a question about the purpose of the shape of her foot, and Sage gave her own quip about some sort of 'very good reason'. The russet Lykoi didn't feel like learning the answer.

Without more conversation, her cousin started in on the color of her fur. More specifically, her cousin gave a compliment that Talitha was unaccustomed to. Sure, she'd heard from her darling Caillen that she was a beauty, but it hadn't been something she'd believed. As Sage said her fur was pretty, the Lykoi princess tilted her head. She believed it. Her eyes turned down to study the reddish hue of her arm; it was her mother's fur, with the dark markings of her father. Crimson eyes turned back up to study the features of the woman beside her. "You look like a Lykoi." It wasn't the traditional compliment, as she didn't comment on beauty or lack thereof, but it was sincere in Talitha's own way. Sage looked like a Lykoi, with Lykoi eyes and the reddish stripe upon her nose. A badge of pride in the eyes of the Aquila's daughter.

A sudden sense of exhaustion passed over the older woman, and her body slumped to the side against Sage's shoulder. She inhaled a large breath through her nose, taking in the pleasant scent of her cousin's fur; it was earthy and herbal, something entirely new to the unstable woman. Instinctively, her tail gave a gentle wag, thudding against the porch. Intoxicated and comfortable, she allowed her eyes to close. "You smell nice, Sage."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 354

Big Grin Big Grin

Sage watched with a happily bemused smile as the silly russet girl beside her continued to wiggle her fingers and toes childishly. She's so cute! she thought, amused at the drug's effects on her. If only she favored this over drinking, Talitha's demeanor had changed from dramatic melancholy to a light-hearted and silly one. Maybe Sage was biased, but she thought this one suited her much better.

"You look like a Lykoi," Talitha commented highly.

Sage paused, a thoughtful look on her face, considering the worth that comment might hold in this girl's eyes. Her smile broadened, her head bowing slightly. "Thank you..." she trailed off, vaguely holding out a limb to examine it's appearance wistfully. The significance of her appearance was certainly one of the qualities in herself that even she admired in herself. She was not often selfish, but she was allowed to be honest with herself. Sage thought that she was quite the good Lykoi, and hoped that she projected such. She knew that her sisters all considered themselves to be Princesses, and wondered if she might be worthy of that title, sometimes, too.

"If the stripe on your nose, and the fur on your back switched places, you might look closer to Lykoi," she mused, giggling, though hoping that her tone was light enough for the woman not to take any offense from this comment. Sometimes Sage's mouth ran faster than her thoughts, and she failed to remember how sensitive she was about it. "but I think you're just lovely how you are," she finished truthfully, after emptying the joint into her lungs and discarding the remains. She trusted the Earth to take back it's own.

With a pleasant sigh, Talitha seemed to collapse from exhaustion, gently landing against Sage's small frame. Sage supported her easily, though, and the russet girl's tail thumped a wag.

"You smell nice, Sage." she said, inhaling the Earth child's scent.

Unsure how to respond, the tanned girl simply smiled and rested her head against Talitha's softly, allowing her body to relax as much as it might, staring out at the porch's nice horizon view with sun-colored eyes as the clouds drifted lazily by.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The older female watched as her cousin examined a limb, voice trailing off into nothing. The obvious family resemblance was evident. Even Talitha bore similar markings to pin her as part of the clan, from the dark stripe on her nose to the black saddle that stretched along her back. Of course, her colors were wrong. Unlike Ezekiel, who had the china red muzzle seen in many of Kaena's descendants, his sister wore colors suited to their father. She was dark, perhaps exotic in the bloodline as far as her appearance went, and it was a defining fact about the female. Yes, there were other dark Lykois — her smaller, half-jackal cousin, Sepirah, was black — but she was the only one who showed the same physical grounding as Gabriel. Small as she was, she wore colors of a dog.

As Sage commented on the change in her appearance, Talitha laughed. "Oh, but I don't want to be a Lykoi. I'm a de le Poer, and I'm very proud of that." The irony in the statement was hidden; de le Poer was a name associated with wolves, as Ahren had been one of the vile monsters she so hated, but it was the line she felt closest to. Her crimson eyes watched the sandy body of Sage as her compliment spilled forth, each movement after causing her eyes to dart. It was then that she realized just how tired she truly was.

Resting against Sage's shoulder seemed natural in the movement. It was the same as resting against Ezekiel, or taking a moment to use Gabriel as a pillow — something she had done in the past, she was sure. Sage was easy to be comfortable with, though the meeting was laced with alcohol and other things. The soft smile reserved for her brother and father appeared as her cousin's head rested against her own auburn curls. And then suddenly, things were wrong. The older Lykoi closed her eyes and felt the sting of emotion behind them. Sadness overwhelmed her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 318

Somebody's got a cruuushh!

"Oh, but I don't want to be a Lykoi. I'm a de le Poer, and I'm very proud of that." spoke Talitha with a slight laugh.

Sage's head moved slightly in a vague nod, understanding. Talitha could be whatever it was she wanted to be, if it would make her happy. The hippie Lykoi wondered if her cousin was happy; something about Talitha was sad, melancholy. Why couldn't everyone be happy, all the time? Could it not be so easy? Even as she thought it, Sage reflected on her own recently mournful mood.

They'd searched for hours, almost nearly a full day, on that mountain and had found nothing. Her body had been beaten and bruised by the Earth itself, but she still kept that faintest hope. She could not be one to abandon all hope as her silvery sister had. One of them had to be stronger.

Chocolate locks fell about her face as she shifted her weight, supporting the quickly lilting Talitha. A hand moved gently to her face to move them aside, and straw colored eyes turned to her cousin's face. The de le Poer girl's features were lovely; red and creme fur with eyes to match. Sage's pretty cousin seemed to be near sleep, her body so relaxed and warm next to Sage's own small frame. Thin fingers lifted, wanting to touch her hair. She hesitated, though. Suddenly, the auburn body felt tense next to her. Did she hear a sob?

Sage looked around helplessly, face contorted into a woeful expression as empathy washed over her. Why was she crying? Had Sage done or said something wrong? Fearful of this, she placed a careful, gentle hand on the girl's shoulder, an arm now comfortably around her, nearly holding her. No one should have to hurt. Sage wanted to make her pain stop, her sadness, but she wondered if she even could.

"Talitha?" she asked softly, her voice merely a whisper, aching with concern for someone she'd only just met, but felt suddenly close to.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

>3 Girl crush~

Much to her dismay, the distress of the Aquila's daughter did not go unnoticed by the sweet-smelling Lykoi she used as a pillow. The younger female's arm wrapped about thin shoulders, and Talitha heard as her name was spoken with soft concern. If she had not been so enveloped in her own mind, she might have marveled at the kindness she was being shown — Talitha had never believed she deserved it. As it was, her weight fell into the embrace of her cousin, her own arms finding their way around her torso. She allowed her head to press into the joint of Sage's shoulder, jaws tense to hide her sorrow.

She was unsure of the exact reason for her sudden onset of morbid depression, but it was clear that she wanted it to simply go away. She as made of stronger stuff than simple sorrow. She didn't need to feel. Gabriel didn't, a fact his daughter firmly believed. What had started as sorrow faded into embarrassment, and the Lykoi pulled away from her cousin's body, large hands rubbing at her face. "I'm sorry, that was uncalled for." There was no reason to fall apart before a pack mate, even if it was one so kind as Sage.

Without asking, she reached for her cousin's sketches, taking them to study the shape and form, anything to get her mind away from what had just happened. Red eyes wandered the page in silence. A finger reached out to rub at one line, smudging it ever so gently to create a shadow; it left her finger a darker shade of red. Her legs crossed before her and her knees found a comfortable perch on either side of the hollow space created by her knees. "Are you a musician too?" Her face didn't return to the younger female.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 371

:3

Sage remained where she was, unmoving, hoping to extend some of her own warm to Talitha with her constant, soft touch. Accordingly, her cousin fell into her embrace, thin arms wrapping around Sage's torso. A small hand found the auburn girl's back and rubbed there gently, trying to comfort her, while another reached up to pet her head with another soft hand. Sage could feel the muscles of her older cousin tensing and releasing as she sobbed into the young Lykoi girl's shoulder. Sad, empathetic yellow eyes looked down at the thin girl in her arms, and Sage's head fell into brief rest upon Talitha's.

Moments later, she seemed to regret her emotional expulsion, and tore away from Sage (much to her dismay), rubbing her eyes and apologizing in a completely unnecessary manner. Sage shook her head gently, worried eyes watching her cousin. "No, no...it's fine, really," she murmured, dreamy voice nearly a whisper.

Talitha sat up, and Sage straightened her own body in suit, hands collapsing to her lap, grasping one another as she watched the curly-headed girl patiently. Talitha reached for Sage's sketchbook, and the hippie Lykoi did not stop her. Why should she? There was nothing to be ashamed of, in there. In fact, she had been proud of most of the work she'd done recently; her modesty simply kept her from sharing it often.

"Are you a musician too?" Talitha wondered, eyes still focused on the pages of the book in her now cross-legged lap.

Sage's own eyes sought for eye contact again; it was like another drug, for her. After all, eyes were the windows to the soul. But Talitha kept hers hidden, now, and Sage frowned to herself. Her own sun-colored eyes roamed as she gave a willing reply. If Talitha was happier to change the subject, Sage would of course agree to it.

"Not really," she admitted, "I like to sing a bit..." Now that she thought about it, both Clover and China played instruments of their own. Maybe Sage should practice her singing more. "My sisters play, though. A reed pipe and a guitar." Sage turned her eyes back again, hoping now to catch crimson ones, smile returning to her lips. "What about you?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait! And equally sorry for the crap. >.> I fail.

The woman only wanted to change the subject of their conversation, to something more pleasant, but even as she spoke the word musician, she could feel the pain of memory fester in her mind. She couldn't allow the downward spiral to continue, yet she saw no way to end it. Everything was wrong. So very, very wrong. At least in her mind, if nowhere else. She focused on the subject of music as her fingers continued to smudge lines into rough shadows upon the page. Music, art. Anything she once loved.

Sage disclosed that she didn't play, but her sisters did. Reed pipe. Guitar. Sisters? Talitha tried to think of sisters, and immediately thought of the fae creature who had attempted to calm her grandmother during the snowstorm. She had yelled at the gray Lykoi. Sage didn't share similarities with the small memory, other than the relaxed and strange way of approaching the world. Of course, Talitha could have said Myron shared this with them, and he wasn't a sibling.

Her face broke into a plastic smile, a display that was the trademark of her golden brother, as they turned back to her. "I play guitar. And some piano, but I'm not very good." She was quite proficient, really, but she couldn't see beauty in what she created. Ezekiel had been the one to urge his sister on in their childhood. She didn't have that now, turned down a corridor of darkness. But perhaps Sage would prove to replace him in that way. "My brother used to enjoy listening to me play; we even went to get him an instrument once, but he's a fighter now." They'd both become so different.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 210

short tooooo!

Sage knew that it wasn't wise to linger on a painful subject, and so she easily switched gears and forgot about Talitha's near breakdown. Secretly, she was comforted by it, though; maybe Sage's presence had healing properties, as she had been told before. Maybe she really was that comforting. The small smile lingering on her face blossomed again as Talitha spoke about her own skills. Sage would gladly listen all day.

"I play guitar. And some piano, but I'm not very good." Talitha said modestly.

"Piano?" Sage queried, interested. "I've never heard of that. What is it?" Elegant brows furrowed into something less so. "I'd love to hear you play, sometime." she cooed softly, turning her small body to face the profile of Talitha's, mirroring her cross-legged posture.

"My brother used to enjoy listening to me play; we even went to get him an instrument once, but he's a fighter now." Talitha added, seeming nostalgic.

"That's a bit of a change, isn't it?" she mused, with a small laugh. Anything to lighten the mood, no matter how obvious or un-funny. "Do you have instruments here? You could teach me, maybe?" Sage asked hopefully, upturned face bright and smiling. Please? she thought to herself, only wanting to spend more time with this damaged creature to whom she felt so connected.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Uuber crap!

Music was a buffer easily utilized to calm and comfort the rich-hued woman while under stress, and if it was ever needed at any time, now was it. Sage seemed more than willing to change the subject. It seemed that she had never heard of a piano, something that surprised the russet female as she gazed upon the page of art in her hands. "We have one in the manor. Corona, my aunt, she showed it to me." She used to play it, but her interested in it had since faded into nothing. Laurel Booth had ensured that much, showing her stringed instruments during their meeting in Arachnea's Revenge.

Sage cooed soft words that caused the older female to turn her head. "I'm sure you will. Someday." If she really wanted to, Sage could have pushed her cousin to get her guitar and play at that moment. Instead, they continued onward. She explained about her sunshine twin listening to her songs in their youth; Sage was right. He had performed quite the change. "Ezekiel has always been different," she whispered, rubbing charcoal-stained fingers together. "We were raised away, and I guess living with our godmother changed him."

She didn't want to talk about the differences in her wonderful, protective brother. Her mind returned so easily to the music, red eyes closing. "I have my guitar. It needs new strings, though." Her voice was soft and thoughtful as she wondered where she could find them. Would Cotl's bedroom hide that treasure as it had hid the red inks she now loved? "But if I found some, I would teach you." She enjoyed having an interested pupil.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 373

Lol. What I failed at describing is basically a fist bump, but with shoulders. >> Where you lean (quickly) against someone enough to make them move? You know? :S

Aunt Corona? Sage wondered if she knew her, but assumed that they had likely not met. There was much of her family that she had yet to meet, and the earth child knew that she was sure to have even more extended family by the year's end. A vague nod was all the response Sage showed to the name. She would certainly need to find and play with the piano, though.

Talitha offered reassurance to the hippie girl that she would one day hear her play. A small, honest smile flourished across her face, and she leaned forward just slightly, reaching out a small hand to barely brush her cousin's arm. "I will be sure of it," she said before straightening again, hands folding softly into her lap.

Sage's auburn haired cousin spoke of her own brother, someone who Sage must not have managed to meet. She knew there were a few faces that she hadn't spent much time with, as unfortunate as it was. Certainly she would need to meet Ezekiel; someone so important to Talitha must have been worthy, after all.

"I'm sure he's not all that different. I'll have to meet him one day," she said, the bright cheer coming back to her voice.

The tan Lykoi girl was unsure of what else to say, and so opted for silence as an idle hand rose to wavy brown locks, small fingers playing with the hair. Sun colored eyes continued their hearty appreciation of the tree line; there were birds out this morning, and already they had begun their own very interesting day.

The conversation came back to music, and Sage's interest returned with gusto. It wasn't that she didn't want to hear Talitha talk about her family; she would gladly listen to the pretty girl ramble on about nearly anything. Sage simply wanted to avoid conversations that might drag the melancholy back out of her red-furred cousin.

"Well, where can we find some? I've got all day, if you'd like an adventure," Sage grinned as she spoke, voice rising in temptation. She turned her body for a moment, pushing her shoulder against Talitha's in a gentle, spirited gesture. They couldn't just stay on the porch all day, after all.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

This thread = old as hell, OMG. Thinking we could wrap it up soonish? Then we can has moar. >3

She remained silent as time went on between them. There was no way to explain to Sage that Ezekiel was, in fact, very different from his dark sister; how could she try and show his differences? Sage was not quite the same as Talitha herself, and it made the concept of explanation yet more difficult. She didn't know as much about her brother's life without her as she would like to believe, but she felt assured that he was simply raised differently. After all, Fatin Kali had been a wolf. Tristan Nakado had been one as well. While they were exceptions, and not the rule, his life with them had been different than her life returning to the clan they had been born into. Sage, much to the displeasure of her older cousin, was no unsimilar to that; Talitha would have known had Sage been born to the clan, and Sage would have been different.

A sigh escaped her, hands returning the sketchpad to the herbal-scented Lykoi she'd found company with. Guitar strings were hard for her to come by without leaving Inferni; leaving, that was something she didn't want to do. Teaching Sage, however, seemed pleasant. Her eyes turned toward her cousin briefly. "I don't know. Cotl might have some, but I've already taken his paints; I wouldn't want to take those too." Perhaps it simply was not the time for a musical lesson. Her head turned away once more as the alcohol started to filter out of her body. "Actually, I'm kind of tired. I think a lesson might have to wait, if that's okay." She tucked auburn curls back away from her eyes, flopping to the side so she could lay upon the porch. Exhaustion had set in so suddenly, leaving her without a drive to do much else.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]