Hatred Bites
The time mid-day. Birds flew and chirped in the air. Xerxes was having one of his bad days. While sitting in an oak tree he watched as his tail twitched back and forth and it annoyed him. Curling his lip he let out a low growl to his tail as if telling it to stop. It didn't stop. Xerxes thought it had a mind of its own. This angered Xerxes more and more. It swelled inside him. His angry caused his tail to twitch more violently. Xerxes couldn't handle himself and in his fury bit his own tail. At loud shriek erupted from his mouth when he realized what he had done. He recognized this wasn't going to be a good day but he couldn't do anything about it.

Loneliness crept over him and the boredom of his life didn't help. He needed to kill something to escape the grasp of his insanity. He walked from limb to limb.Until he was directly over a deer. Without hesitating he jumped down from the branch. As he bit into the neck of his victim he felt a pain in his paw. It had been pierced by the deers antlers. He cursed at himself as the deer fell down and died. The paw had been damaged when he jumped down. His dame instinct to kill, why didn't he wait. He could have stopped this injury easily if he had just waited. He began to eat while he continued to put himself down inside his head because of his stupidity.
Clare watched as the other Cougar pounced onto his prey. She had been hunting as well when she heared him hollar and decided that her prey was prolly long gone thanks to the idoit who made the noise and decided to check it out. To her susprise it was a Feline, one of her kind. And to add more to her susprise, he was a noisey creature. She was always taught to be silent yet this Cougar had screamed into the air for every thing to hear? This bothered her slightly. But then again, not all Cougar were raised the same.

Clare continued to head towards the beast. He seemed hurt now, and by the smell of it she was sure he had hurt himself. There was not only the smell of deer blood but the smell of a Cougars as well. But she figured it must not be to bad or he would be paying more attention to it. After a few more moments of thought about the creature she made herself noticable. "Well hello there" She purred into the wind. She knew he would hear her so she kept her voice at a soft raspy purr. "Nice catch, bad posture and skill but nice catch I must say so myself." Clare didn't care if she pissed him off, it was just nice to see one of her own kind again. Even if the other Feline wasn't the pretty looking with all its scars and marks. Neither less, it was still nice.
Xerxes Let out a hiss when he first noticed some other creature was here. Dame me why did I have to be so dame loud. He looked and saw it was a cougar. He hadn't seen another cougar since his old mate died. The new cougar's voice was kind and soft. It reminded him so much of his old mate. He hadn't spoken to anyone in a while but himself. He though he might say something mean and rude as he did to himself all the time.

He slowly walked up to her. His mind might have been playing a trick on him. "H-H-Hello. My name is..." Had he forgot his name? He hadn't said it in so long. "Xerxes" He thanked his mind for helping him remember. She was a beautiful feline. Her eyes flashed liked the leaves on a tree. { You're to ugly for her to ever even want to spend time with you!} [Shut up, You don't know anything] He was ugly though with all the battles he caused he brought this upon himself.

({} these brackets are his mind against his. [] these are his mind regular mind)
Clare only purred louder when he hissed towards her. She thought this all as fun. She was in no mood for fighting, only relaxing and that's what she planned on doing too. She met him falf way and slowed to a stop when she was a safe distance away. This only came natural to her, he body seemed to know what a sefe distance was and always placed her there. If she wanted to, she would only have to take a few steps more to reach him. But this gave her enough room to just back in case he dicided to get playful after all. Up close she had a better look at him. His musclar body was lined with scars, along with his face. Either he was a bounty hunter like herself or had poor fighting skill she thought. That or had been in way to many fights. She knew scars were not uncommon for her type because she had a few of her own but not so noticeable and defined as his.

Clare tilted her head to the side slightly as he spoke. He seemed nervious and sort of uneasy. She wondered way but she would not dare to ask. She wasn't the nosey type. "Well pleasure to meet you Xerxes." She paused to tilt her head back to where it belonged. "My name is Clare, what brings you here ehha?" She let a small smile slip onto her maw. "Never noticed any other Cougars around these parts before."

Clare lowered her hunches and sat upright, leeting her tail flicker back and forth across the Earth floor. He was a strange Feline indeed, but what could she say. Everyone had their falts, no one was prefect.
Clare... The name echoed in Xerxes mind. She sat up and he saw her tail start to flick . He though of his tail, was it behaving? It was staying still. The bite mark from this morning showed clearly and he had bit it so hard it was kinked at the end. {You idiot why did you even bit your own tail. Look now it may slow you down and make you weaker.} He couldn't say anything back to his mind. It was right. He was stupid for biting his tail. It was his and he could control it. Why didn't he remember that before he bit it.

He was wandering to much in his mind and had forgotten of Clare. {Stupid you look like you don't know what to say and you're an idiot} He decided to answer her question. "I've been here since my parents died." He didn't want to tell her about his past mate but had still said to much . { Now you look like a you can't get over anything. } " I haven't seen any other cougar for almost a year now." His mate was the last one he had seen { Why don't you get over that , And we both Know it was your fault she died} This pushed him to the edge. His mind had never said anything this mean to him [ YOU YOU you could have helped but your also the one who connected me to her in the first place. Why didn't you just stop me from loving if you know everything HUH?]
Clare watched the Cougar with an open heart. He was different and she didn't know if in a good way or a bad one. Still, she could hold anything against him for being different. She figured she was different too. There was not a lot of Feline bounty hunters out there and some of her kind would prolly tell her that she is just ruining her life with foolish things as such. But that's not what she thought and that was not the was she was brought up. She was determined to follow in her parents foot steps and that's how it was going to be weither they liked it or not. And with that she gave a mental Humph at the subject and moved one. Returing her attention back to the one who parted his jaw and began to speak again.

He was not much of a talker she thought. Then again she wasn't ussally this social. She coudn't help it thou. She was so happy to finaly know she wasn't the only one left. But some of her happiness sliped and so did her smile when he spoke of his dead parents. It seemed that they had something in common. "Mmmm... My parents died as well." Now she didn't know what to say.. She felt bad because she knew what he was going through.

Clare had to shake herself from drifting into thought about them more. "I've been pretty much been wandering ever since. You are the first Cougar I've seen since them." With that she shut up because he seem a little on the edge now. She could tell something was wrong with him. She could smell his anger. She knew it was nothing she had said, so prehaps a bad memory. Clare was becoming a bit worried so she regained her standing and took a few steps backwards, her tail flicking wildly now. Her voice was now louder and stern. "Hey! Snap out of it kid. The past is the past and there is noting we can do about. Got it?" Clare stopped to take in a long deep breath and changer her voice back to its smooth, velvet purr. "Relax kay? Come on, your kill is getting cold. You must be hungry, I am." With that she walked around him towards his prey, her tail slightly curling around his face as she passed. She figured her wouldn't try to fight her for it, if he did then it would be a loss at losing another Cougar but oh well.
Xerxes snapped back to real life. Clare's parents had died too. She had lost the ones near her but she didn't show it at all. Xerxes' body showed his life all over him. Any cat could see he had problems. Why hadn't Clare fallen apart like him? but a better question arouse, Why had he fallen into such a despair? {Because you're weak!} [Shut up] But Xerxes was weak. His battling skills had turned to mush because of his usually unhesitating way. He never practiced a good way to battle he just attacked. No plan. He didn't want to think in his mind though. It might try to destroy the fight and get him hurt again so he could be laughed at by it. He never though anything out. He remembered the time when he was a skilled fight. He could kill someone before they even knew he was there. But now is different..... maybe he could still change back.

Clare was right he needed to get over the past and his kill was getting cold. He walked back over and sat next to Clare and quietly ate. The meat was tasty and he ate as much as he could. He sat up and licked his chops. He looked at Clare who was still eating. If he wasn't looking at her he wouldn't have know she was there because of how quiet she was. Her coat shined and the sun hit it. Maybe today wasn't going to be a bad day.