Add Your Charms and Brilliance
[html]

Word Count → 391 :: Anyone welcomed

He stayed underground, low from sight, just like his aunt asked him too. The boy talked to no one and instead stayed in their dug out, weaving and making jewelry. Tlantli had left early and her nephew supposed it was to explore, make friends - things he preferred to stand clear from.

Light ginger colored fingers fiddled skillfully in wave motions. He smoothed his thumb over the dry grass strand, smoothing out wrinkles and straightening its form before continuing to feed it through another looped piece. A sigh escaped his lips, quiet, reserved, but still releasing the stress and nervousness that always seemed to haunt him.

Being underground was an odd feeling like that of being cut off from weather or day itself. In some circumstances, he thought, it must be a good thing. Citlali leaned back listening to the soft sandy sounds of earth sliding down the walls. He had to admit the territory was relaxing despite the dark aura. Looking down at his half finished bag, dull green eyes narrowed in the slightest action of frustration. His supplies were running low. Standing, the boy didn’t even have to duck to maneuver to the entrance.

Still unfamiliar with Anathema territory, Citlali emerged from the den curiously. It was late afternoon and the dim underground setting concealed all hints of the day light. He followed the small tunnel out into the main common room. The coyote bowed his head, trying to look the least bit approachable. So far since he and his Aunt had arrived she was the only one he had shared tongue with.

The food storage area was easy to navigate. Once inside another series of underground paths, Citlali padded silently on the cool dirt. Sparse mounds of kill were spaced in the large cave and patches of blood were smeared across the wall or had beaded into forms of paws. The boy sought out a deer, resisting his instincts to eat, and instead began tearing off the gray toned fur. He ignored the sickly tear of skin peeling from muscle.

As soon as he had enough, he slipped back into the main halls. Upon coming close to their den, Citlali dropped the skins and flexed his hands for a moment. Mind formulated how they could turn in to leather and slowly the boy’s complexions drew back in concentration.

<style>
.ever-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uPVEL.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:5px auto; width:475px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.ever-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dashed #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.ever-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.ever-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.ever-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:3px 10px;}
.ever-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.ever-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.wickedwretch b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; color:#d8e0d3; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.wickedwretch p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.wickedwretch {width:400px;border:1px solid #5a6e60;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... wretch.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#131f2a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#3e4b4d;}
</style>

Wretch's companion Villisca is a spirit, though she doesn't know that yet :].

There were a few things about Villisca that Wretch didn't understand. He was white like her, but a different kind of white. Sometimes others couldn't see him...and he could disappear without any sound. She wasn't sure that she believed the other pup when he told her that he was just like her any more. Wretch had noticed that when the other puppy walked through the forest in front of her, none of the animals seemed to notice. When she'd walk by, they would go crazy. How strange.

The little girl was just coming into the caves with him when he disappeared once more. They were walking into a more populated area, the area in which the boy often left her, so she wasn't too surprised. "Bye..." She said, looking at the space that the spirit had previously occupied. She was headed for the food storage room, in the mood for a nice squirrel or two. She was a growing girl...and nowadays it was taking more and more to fill her belly up.

Green eyes turned up sharply at the sound of footsteps ahead. There was another pack member up ahead. She hid in one of the crevices in the tunnel wall, watching as he went into the food storage room and then back out of it. She had never seen this canine before, and she had lived here all of her life. Wretch came out as soon as he was gone, following behind so she could see where he was going to.

It seemed that he lived in one of the dens near to hers family's. How had she not noticed him before? Ignoring her grumbling stomach, the pup came even closer to where he stood. "Hello?" She said it more as a question. Was he like Villisca? There but not really there? "Are you real?" What would someone like Villisca be doing this far into the cave system? He had to be real. "Who are you?" Her voice said softly.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 310 :: Ooh, how interesting xD

The voices came first. It was soft enough that the boy thought he was imagining them, but then he could hear the footsteps. His ears perked gently as the wispy sound of paws on sand grew steadily stronger. He stiffened when the movement stopped. A small voice spoke out in question.

Citlali considered running. He thought about ignoring the faint prodding of interest or just nodding his head. But the boy had better manners than to do so. Fingers left the soft fabric of the deer fur as he turned.

Another question was projected into the air as he let his dull green gaze drift behind him. She was immediately different from what he had expected. Young could be recognized quickly. It gave him an odd sensation. During their travels, the Kimaris had never come across anyone younger than himself. This female was much separated from him in age.

He rubbed his ginger-white hands together in a nervous motion. What should he say? The coyote supposed he should answer her question first. What an odd one it was, Citlali now realized, after he had had time to process it. Was he real? He thought so, but could never be sure. It shocked him to grasp that it took a moment to remember how to respond.

I am Citlali … and I think I am real,

The boy recoiled very slightly at the sound of his voice. Did he answer correctly? It was difficult to find the solution. Where was his aunt? Very suddenly it unnerved the coyote boy to not know where his only family member around was.

<style>
.ever-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/uPVEL.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:5px auto; width:475px; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; }
.ever-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px dashed #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.ever-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.ever-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
.wickedwretch b {font-family:georgia, serif; font-weight:bold; color:#d8e0d3; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.wickedwretch {width:400px;border:1px solid #5a6e60;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... wretch.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:200px;background-color:#131f2a;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:"Trebuchet MS", tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#3e4b4d;}
</style>

Citlali is so cute <333

Her questions were answered with a few softly spoken words. Wretch was a stubborn pup, and if the male had entered his den without answering she likely would have followed him down and continued to pester him. She saw her brother Pandemic often enough and usually got her fill from pestering him, but she hadn't come across Pan yet today. This new member would satisfy her thirst for social interaction well enough.

"Good...I need someone real to talk to." Villisca was boring to talk to at times. He was always trying to tell her to do the right thing, the safe thing...but all that she wanted to do was be independent! To get away from the den and her siblings and learn what it was like to be a useful member of the pack. She wanted to grow up fast so that she could become something really cool..maybe a warrior, like Theodore! Or the rank that her mother and father had.

"I'm Wretch. My mommy and daddy live in...that cave" She motioned with her nose. "Wiff me and my brover and sister. I never see'd you here before." And she had been all over the caves. Maybe that would be the rank for her; cave explorer! "Whatcha doing wiff that stuff I see'd you get? I was hungwy...but then I see'd you"

[/html]
[html]

:: He is a bit of a freak Tongue Puppies are cuter

He didn’t get annoyed by the amount of questions that came at him in rapid fashion. Rather, he found it odd that someone had so many. Even though he was young, Citlali could control himself, but to a point of no return. Merely he was lost in the emptiness of his feelings.

I am … making leather,

The coyote boy said, answering only one of the many questions that were directed. He put slight hesitations in his voice, not incredibly long or awkward, but enough for the other converser to realize he himself was not comfortable with the idea of speaking. If he put it off too long, Citlali might lose everyone. Unfortunately, he knew that he would eventually have to become a little more adventurous instead of hiding in his grass and leather.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
</style>

They were each freaks in their own ways. Wretch's odd magnetism to death and spirits would likely grow with time, though she did not yet know that her companion wasn't of this earth. She enjoyed having Villisca around whenever he chose to appear to her, and settled for whatever she could take when it came to spending time with him and being around him. He did get boring to talk to, that was true...but at least he was someone to talk to who wasn't her brother or sister.

"Was there much food in the food storage? I'm still hungwy. Can you help me get some?" She begged. He was bigger than her and could surely carry something nice and large for her to eat. "'Den you can show me how to make..uh..leavver! I want to learn new fings!" Maybe he would invite her in! She was excited at that thought; she didn't often get to see the insides of other canine's dens. But maybe he didn't trust her...and wouldn't. This made her ears droop a bit, tail too, a pathetic expression forming on her puppy face.

[/html]
[html]

::

Her enthusiasm made his skin crawl with envy. She was young, he thought, and would eventually realize how unexciting talking was. The boy nodded to her latest question about food before turned around and neatly stacking the skins on top of each other. Gentle sounds of sand shifting off the walls filled the silent caves, softy echoing.

One request after another came shooting in the air until the coyote turned back around. He nodded again, gazing slightly down at her with dull eyes. It occurred to him that he had barely eaten much himself upon joining, the thought being brushed off immediately when it came to him while he worked.

Though Citlali highly doubted being able to carry an entire loaf of meat for Wretch, he supposed he should help. The boy gestured with his ginger white fingers to continue down the tunnel towards the storage. Unfortunately, he also doubted that he would have the courage to teach the pup how to make leather. The process was long, to long possibly for the attention span of a young wolf. But he would still try.

<style>
</style>
[/html]