How the cat meows
The night was setting in. The sun was kicked out of the sky and replaced by the moon. Liam wasn't ready to sleep He would go adventureing tonight. Who would be meet tonight? Would tonight be fun? Would he get in trouble? Too many questions raced in his mind. It didn't matter. He wanted Noah to come with him but he could find him anywhere so he left with out him. He crawled out of the window and landed with a thump. He was on the first floor but it still seemed a long distance for him.

The forest was silent except for the occasional owl hoot or rustle of twigs. Maybe he shouldn't have left. There may have been something following him. Him walked down the path he always toke and avoided the twigs and rocks. In the corner of his eye he saw a cricket. "OHHHHH, IM GOING TO GET YOU!" He followed the cricket and every once and awhile he pounced for it until it disappeared. He looked around. Where was he? THe cricket had distracted him and he had veered off the path. He was lost.
[html]

OOCtasties:

Krissy had decided to leave her temporary home to explore this new place she had come to. She had entered a territory smelling strongly of dogs and wolves, and while her hackles instictively rose, she continued on. The feline hadn't really any worry of anyone thinking her dangerous and trying to hurt her. She was a house cat for heaven's sake!

She couldn't even hold her own against other cats, let alone a wolf. Or a dog. Or any canine species, for that matter. All Krissy could really defend herself against were moths and crickets. Like that one right there...

The feline's ear twitched as ambiant light from the moon made her deep green eyes glow. Coiling her muscles, Krissy pounced at the cricket. But it was... gone. And in it's place, a puppy. If she had eyebrows, they would have lifted. A puppy.

The cat couldn't tell time very well, nor did she care most of the time, but even she knew it was late out. Why was the puppy not at home? "Why aren't you at home, in bed?" Krissy asked the puppy. He was obviously young, too young to be alone in the woods this late at night. The feline sat, tail curled around her paws, and watched while she waited for an answer.

<style>
.krissytabletable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.krissytabletable-b02 b {color:#8C6161;}
.krissytabletable-b02-b {width:500px; border:1px solid #4B1F2A; margin:0px auto;}
.krissytabletable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; height:25px}
.krissytabletable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.krissytabletable-b02 {background-color:#6A2D39; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; border:2px solid #4B1F2A; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:13px; color:#B78383; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.krissytabletable-b02-footer {text-align:center; margin:0px 0px; background-image:url(http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/ ... rissy2.jpg); height:280px}
</style>

[/html]
Table by Bumble.
Liam looked at the strange .. whatever it was and had so many questions. It tail was long like his but thin. Its eyes were green and flared when they looked at him. "Well yes but I snuck out." He shouldn't have said that. "You're a funny looking wolf. What type are you? You're so small are you a puppy? Do you want to play? Are you gonna tell my mom? She'll be mad. Please don't. "

He slowly approached and nudged her with his nose. She was easy to knock over. Her small delicate body made it easy for him. How could a wolf get so small? Was she hungry? Maybe she was a coyote. He had never seen any before for all he knew she could be a coyote leader. He sat back and yawned. He let his tongue fall out of his mouth and dangle as he waited for all his questions to be answered. The moon had rose to the top of the sky. It shone down and hit them both with light. Liam always thought it was weird that something so bright couldn't light up the sky like the sun could. The light reflected off of the creature's eyes and they looked so green like a freshly sprouted grass bud.
[html]

Ohh, that post made me laugh. <3

Krissy stared at the pup and wondered if he was serious. When he nudged her with his nose and she almost fell over, it became obvious he was. Krissy burst out laughing, the mewls lasting for a few minutes until she decided to answer him.

"I'm not a wolf." Krissy said carefully. She meowed softly and then continued. "I'm a cat. I'm not a puppy, I'm a grown-up." She chuckled once or twice and then tilted her head at the puppy. Her tail twitched and then she sighed. "I won't tell your mother, but you should be going home."

He looks lost though... Krissy thought. The pup did look lost. There was no path in sight, but Krissy was confident she could find it. "Would you like me to take you home?" she asked softly, in a kindly manner. She would, if he said she could. Krissy always would.

Krissy does. "Krissy meows." Krissy thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.ladytrollingtonskitteh b {font-weight:bold; color:#aac0c2; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ladytrollingtonskitteh .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.ladytrollingtonskitteh p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.ladytrollingtonskitteh {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6b6988; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/4hpesm.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 167px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#533b68; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
This was a cat? Why was it so small. She was a grown up. All grown ups he had ever seen were some much bigger than him. He was releaved when she said she wouldn't tell his mother. If she knew of this she would flip. He walked around the cat and inspected her. He coat was shiny and looked freshly clean. Her chuckle was calming to him. He looked up and saw how high up the moon was. He had been out for more than an hour.

The cat was right he should be getting home but how. He could follow his scent trail but with all his pouncing it would be hard for his especially since he was an unexperienced pup. When he heard her question he was shocked. She knew the way back. How long had she been here for to learn the land and why had not he meet her yet if she was around so often. " You know the way back? Please take me back!" He wanted to address the cat by name so he started by introducing himself." I forgot to tell you. My name is Liam, Whats yours?"
[html]

OOC here!

Krissy licked her paw sedately as she was inspected by the pup. She was extremely conscientous in her cleaning routines, and so knew her fur was shiny and clean. Having it any other way would be just silly of her. The feline was very clean and didn't like not being clean. At all. But she was willing to put that aside for the pup.

Krissy didn't actually know the way back, per se, but she wouldn't scare the pup and actually say that. It wasn't a lie if she didn't say anything, was it? The cat hoped so. Lying really wasn't her forte. Bending her head to the ground, Krissy started to take in scents. She wasn't a canine, but she was fairly handy at it.

Setting in the direction of the more faded scents, Krissy walked along, tail held high in the air. She could go at a fairly fast pace as a cat, with springy leg muscles, though she slowed down slightly for the pup. For Liam, she mentally corrected. "I am called Krissy." she said. She turned and smiled. "Are you coming?" she asked.

<style>
.krissy_patt01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krissy_patt01 p {padding:2px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.krissy_patt01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.krissy_patt01 {background-image:url(http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/333/krissypattern1.gif); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 120px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
Liam trotted after the cat. Wait he should addresses her by her name, Krissy. It seemed like appropriate name.. for a cat. It suited her and felt like it fit her. He watched as she took in scents. Hmm, He had never seen any other creature besides a canine take in scents. They were so different with there size , color , shape and even the way they talked. Krissy talked softer and higher pitched with a slit mew at the end, while all canines he had heard were more gruff , ruff and lower pitched. But maybe just maybe on the inside they were a lot alike.

"We should be friends!" He was excited to have another friend. He was planning when they could play hide and seek tag and ... maybe there are some cat games that she could teach him. Maybe the games will be funner than the games he has. What if other animals had games too. Did they think like him? He looked up when he say an owl that turned its head and hooted. He wished he could understand its hoot and why its eyes stared and glared at him. "Do you think one day I could talk to the other animals? I can talk to you can't I? Why do they have to be different?" The owls stare seemed to asked the same questions when Liam trotted back to Krissy and waited for an answer. She seemed to know a lot.
[html]

Don't worry, I put the mistake in the maintenence thread. The mods'll fix it up. <3

Krissy smiled as she located the path. I knew it. she thought victoriously. She had successfully saved the pup by leading him to the path. Saved Liam. She lifted her head and looked around, her eyes glowing slightly because of the moon.

Krissy would have lifted her brows if she had them. Instead, she limited herself to a smile. Friends? She could be friends with the pu-- Liam. Friends with Liam. The cat, despite her species' natural dislike, loved puppies. They were so fun to play with usually.

"We can be friends." Krissy said carefully, turning to look at Liam. "But first, you need to get home before your mom finds out you've been gone." She smiled and began padding forward again, knowing that he would follow.

Krissy stopped again and looked at him. "You can speak to me because we both speak and understand High speech. I'm also fluent in English, a human language. You might learn that, once your older." She licked a paw before she continued. "Other animals can't speak High speech, so they speak Low speech. Some Luperci know Low speech, but some do not. It's very different from what we speak, so its very hard for us to learn." She turned and continued to walk down the path.

"You might try learning Low speech though, when you're older. I'm going to start learning it if I can find a teacher." She smiled at him, and then walked along the path in the pale moonlight.

<style>
.krissy_patt02 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.krissy_patt02 p {padding:2px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.krissy_patt02 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.krissy_patt02 {background-image:url(http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2518 ... ttern2.gif); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
Liam was confused. How could other creatures have a different language? This low speech it sounded interesting. He made it a goal, He would learn low speech. What if he could help these other animals. What if the other animals could learn high speech? He doubted they would be able to but once he learned low speech he could try to. He yawned and realized how sleepy he was. How close were they to the house?

Liam looked up and saw what he always remembered. He had seen them so many times. The butterfly bush! It was his house he was here. His home. He turned to Krissy who seemed to realize it to. Her eyes sparkled in the moonlight again. She was fun and they hadn't even played yet. "We should meet again!" He smiled and walked over to her. He came close and licked her pelt in gratitude. "Thank you for helping me get home. If you ever need someone to play with just come here. I'm usually out side. I play here at the butterfly bush a lot." He turned around and raced to the window he came out of. He stretched his paws up and grabbed the window. He pulled him self up and climbed to the edge of the window. He turned around before he jumped in." Good bye!" He hopped in and jumped into his bed. He flipped the covers on and fell into a deep sleep.