I Am Your Friend... And Therefore I Care..
It had been a long time since Ookami had seen Jace last. The last time had been when Ookami helped Jace fight off Lucifer. The thought of the black beast sent angry chills running through his veins. Ookami had heard of Jace and Temo's mateship and he couldn't have been more happy for them. Jace having someone around who loves her all the time made Ookami feel better about not visiting his friend. He was worried about Jace though. She was sure to be going through a rough time. Emotionally and probably physically.

Ookami picked up Jace's scent on the wind and trotted quickly towards it. He was eager to see her but also was a little afraid of weather or not she would feel like talking or seeing him. He shrugged off the thought, it would at least be good to see her. It wasn't long until Ookami found her.. "Hello Jace.. How are you doing?" His voice was cautious but also mingled in with a little joy of seeing her.
Jace was laid down in her Secui form when Ookami's scent drifted towards her, she breathed it in happily and a smile came to her coal black muzzle at the thought of her good friend, the one that had saved her from certain death, the life debts equaled each other out since she had saved him during the snowstorm. The arctic female lifted her head and looked about herself to see if the golden male was within her sight range but he was still too far off for her to catch a glimpse. The multi colored hybrid shook her mane and yawned, returning her head to her paws to wait for Ookami.

It didn't take long for the giant male to make his appearance, his scent strengthening as he neared to the spot where she had laid herself down. Her tail thumped against the ground as he approached, the tan tipped furred limb blurring as it beat against the earth. She grinned at him with warmth and respect to the higher ranking male, raising her head up from her paws she tilted her head and looked at him.

"Hey there Ookami, I am well enough, and yourself?" Jace pulled herself up into a sitting position, when she had been laid down her belly was not apparent but now it stood out against the rest of her slim frame in stark contrast
Ookami smiled down at his good friend. "I am doing alright." As she moved into a different position his eye caught her bulged belly. He bit his tounge slightly. "Are they Lucifer's?" He didn't exactly realize what he had said until he had already said it. "I'm sorry.. You don't have to tall about it if you don't want to." He sat down on the ground with a small smile. He wasnt really sure what to say or how to act. He hadn't seen Jace for a long time and he didn't exactly know what to tall about with people who had been raped. He cocked his head slightly at this thought. Pretty much every single pup that had been born from his pack had been out of rape. But it wasn't exactly rape. The women allowed the males to mount them but the males always ended up hurting the females, in some cases they would kill them.

Still, Jace's case was much different. She did not want to have pups with Lucifer. Tears slowly welled up in his eyes. "Jace... I am so sorry. If I had found you just a couple minutes earlier." He shook his head. He blamed all of this on himself. He could have prevented it. Yet... he had been slow about finding her. He could have gone faster. He knew something was wrong yet he waited for Another sign that there was definitely something that wasn't right going on. He took a deep breath and forced his welled up tears to go away. He couldn't be weak infront of Jace. He had to be strong and show her that everything was going to be okay. He sighed, easier said than done.
ooc: EVRTEFVFBVT$%EG ilu sammi <3
300+

Jace was glad that Ookami was doing well, the golden male deserved to benefit from the luck of life instead of suffering its coldness. At his question the female looked down to her swollen stomach as well, one of her ears dropping off to the side, she felt differently about them now for even if the offspring belonged to Lucifer they were half of her and she hoped that the good in her soul and her mothering would help them overcome any evil that Lucifer's DNA would provide but then Jace consoled herself, Noah was a son of Lucifer and there was almost no one that she held in higher regard than the three legged male, she turned to Ookami with a smile,

"It will never be certain if their sire is Lucifer.. " as the demon wolf's name passed her lips she shuddered, her body still remembering the damage he had caused it, " ... or Temo. But one thing is certain, no child of mine will ever turn out like that monster, I won't let them fall like that, even if i have to drag them back from the edge with my teeth." The mongrel wolf dog female spoke with strength in her voice, Lucifer would have to kill her to get to the pups she would birth from her loins.

She caught the glimmer of tears in the eyes of her friend and could taste his guilt upon her tongue, he blamed himself for her rape and that wouldn't do at all. The multi colored hybrid leveled her gaze onto Ookami, her blue and amber eyes bright like stars from within her face,

"If I had found you a couple of minutes earlier then you wouldn't have been crushed under Eagle's tower and hurt your leg, we can't go through our life speaking in 'what ifs', eventually it will drive you into madness. Do not blame yourself for my attack, it was the will of the earth that events happened as they did. As it stands, I believe you saved something more important of mine than cuts and scars, my life is worth more than a few slashes, besides it's not like I am free of them anyway" The scars on her face stretched with her grin. "Also do not feel your tears are signs of weakness, it takes strength to let things out instead of keeping them all inside, keeping them inside will be all the more worse when they finally spill out."
hehe<3

Ookami nodded his head, she wasn't sure whos pups they were. He figured that is how it would be. She said her pups would never grow up to be like Lucifer. Ookami didn't really know what to say. So he didn't say anything. He just nodded his head and listened as she continued to speak. Ookami nodded his head again to her words. There was nothing but truth in them. Her words were what Ookami had been saying his whole entire life until Jace's accident. He had forgotten what he had believed but now to hear Jace say them he could believe them again. And believing in something he once told himself many many times felt good. It felt like that past again, when Jace wasn't so depressed.

But he couldn't live in the past. He needed to focus on the future. Jace was depressed now but things would get better in the future. He needed to not look ahead into the future either though. He needed to focus on the present and try to make Jace better now. Not for tomorrow, but for the moment that is the present. He smiled, not wanting to cry anymore. Jace said tears were not a sign of weakness and he thought for a moment. Some people cried when they were angry, others when they were happy. So what if he cried when he was sad or worried, people cry for all kinds of emotions and it doesn't show weakness. Once again Jace was right. "You are one of the smartest wolves I have ever met Jace." He chuckled easily and smiled. He felt better now, with all the positive things he was telling himself.

Maybe that was the key after all. He always thought that if he never thought negative, nothing bad would ever happen to him. Now he realized though, bad things are always going to happen. But the real test is whether or not you still don't think negative after it. That's what he needed to focus on now.
His silence did not bother her in the slightest, words were not needed to answer her statements for his expression said it all to her. She was glad she could help him out when all his wires were crossed and his mind confused.

"I am not so smart, but my mother was a wise woman who taught me well, I am.. glad that she cannot see me now. For my actions she would have taken me by the neck and shook me no matter how old I am. A foolish mind is quickly destroyed." Her mother had been full of sayings and sentences like the one she had just spoken. It shifted Jace's thoughts from that of her own past onto the past of the pack they both resided in and of Ookami's new ranking.

"Congratulations by the way on achieving Senex, myself I was promoted to Praeas, an honor I cannot fully demonstrate yet due to my little ones. But come, tell me of the past of Phoenix Valley, it is something I wish to know so I might teach it to the youth inside me when the time grows right." The female laid back down on her belly and stretched herself out in the weak march sun, her eyes focused intently on Ookami.
He smiled, "Your smarter than you think you are. Trust me." He grinned, sure she had been taught well but she was smart herself too. He nodded his head at the end of her speaking. That was very true. He smiled as she congratulated him then grinned again as she said her rank. "And congratulations on that. Sure. I would love to speak the history to you." He smiled, very few people had asked him of the history. In fact only one person did.

Well, the pack was founded by three different women... Deuce Rhiannon, Iskata Sadira and Hel. The three of them shared the highest ranking postition, divided up into three parts. Each one had their own responsiblities. Deuce was the medic, Hel was the lead warrior and guardian and Iskata took care of whatever was left over to do. Iskata got hurt during one summer and that is when Jefferson took her place for a while.. Duece and Hel both left soon after that. Iskata's son, DaVinci helped out Jefferson. By fall Geneva came to us from Crimson Dreams and Jefferson moved her up to help out with the leadership. Geneva got hurt later on and stepped down from the leaders rank. Eventually she moved back up." Jace knew the rest of the history but he decided to say it anyway, "You pretty much know the rest, Geneva got sick and stepped down.. after that Tala stepped in and now she has disapeared."

The history wasn't much but Ookami had recited it to himself more than a few times. He wanted to make sure he got everything right. And he was happy that he had gotten everything right. Jefferson was the one that had told him the history and he had memorized his words. He told them pretty much exactly how Jefferson had, just a little different.
His comment caused her to smile and shake her head defiantly at him. She listened attentively to him as he recited the history of her home to her and the pups in her belly, every bit of information was knew to her apart from the bit about Geneva getting sick. She was surprised since she had thought that Jefferson had started this pack himself but then as she thought about it she decided he was too abrasive and harsh although that was what the pack needed now to keep it together starting a pack with that mentality it would have been hard to keep people together. Quite suddenly she wondered who would lead should Jefferson die or leave, not herself she was no leader.

"One day I should write it down on paper in case all those who know are lost then the history is not lost along with it and forgotten. I wonder if Jefferson will choose a new sub leader now that Tala has gone." Restlessness filled her up as she had been laid down for quite some time so she stood and stretched out her muscles, shaking out her fur at the same time. The wrigglers did their job and squirmed around inside of her giving Jace the feeling that her stomach was gurgling which was an odd feeling.

"Do you want to go for a walk?"
At Jace's voice Ookami perked his ears. He nodded his head, "That is a very good idea." If he could write it down himself he would, but Ookami didn't know how to read or write. He chuckled to himself. Of course he didn't know how to do either. If he knew how to do one he knew how to do the other. The thought was simple in his mind. Ookami thought about Jace's other comment, "Hmm.. I'm not quite sure. I am sure he will at some point. It would probably be a long term member of the pack.. Perhaps Ty?" He thought for a few more moments, he wasn't really sure who Jefferson would pick to be a subleader. If he picked a new subleader.

At the sound of Jace's voice Ookami pushed all his thoughts away. "Sure, a walk would be lovely." He grinned. He hadn't really had a lot of one on one time with Jace for a while. He missed talking to her and spending time with her. He loved Jace. Not in the way that he loved Adonia though. He loved Jace as a friend. To Ookami the two were close, he didn't know how Jace saw him as a friend though, either way as long as she thought of him as a friend he didn't care. He felt like he could tell Jace anything that he needed or wanted too...
blagh short failpost

She thought Ty would be a good idea, he was a warrior for the pack more so than herself could be at the moment, "Yeah he would be a good choice but who can really predict Jefferson's ind." She chuckled a little at her small joke then looked around quickly to make sure their gruff leader was not around to hear her comment. "Maybe when we get back from our walk I can see if I have some paper and a pencil and you can narrate it to me so I can copy it down."

Her stomach sagged down underneath her, pulling the skin of her spine taut and making her appear somewhat emaciated with the bones of her vertebrae sticking out. Though she couldn't possibly know at this point that there were only two inside of her, her large stomach suggested more than just two. She was slowly getting more excited, also unknowing of the tragedy that would soon occur.
Ookami chuckled along with Jace. It turned into a laugh as Jace looked around for their Alpha. "That my dear friend, is very true." He laughed again. He quieted as Jace started talking again. He nodded faintly. "That's a good idea.. Do you think that sometime in the future you could teach me to read or write? No pressure or anything.. If you don't want to you don't have to." He smiled happily, showing that he really wouldn't mind if she didn't feel like doing it.

His eyes flickered to her stomach and he grinned, "Your getting big Jace!' His voice had excitment etched within it. He smiled, "Any thoughts for names yet?" He was happy for Jace. She had a wonderful mate and soon she would be having pups. He was sure that they would be perfect, just like Jace and Temo. He smiled, their names seemed to mingle together. Ookami was sure that her and Temo were just meant to be together. It made him think of Adonia. He smiled at the thought. He hadn't talked to her for quiet a while. She seemed to have dissapeared.. this thought wiped the smile off his face.
ooc; sorry for failpost =/

His question gave her pause for thought, and her mouth curved down ever so slightly as her mind shifted rapidly through different opinions. He couldn't read or write? Why had she just assumed most everyone could, it was silly of her. She nodded, expression changing back to quietly content,

Of course I can. It would be a difficult undertaking though, learning it is not easy but i would be willing to teach you if you prove an adept student." She grinned teasingly at the last bit, baiting him gently. She mock glared at him as he mentioned her ever expanding size and pointed a Secui paw threateningly at him,

"That is not something you say to a lady!" She held her angry face for less than two seconds before dissolving into childish giggling.

"I was thinking of lily for a girl but i have no boys names though." She watched as his face turned to sombre and guessed he was thinking about Adonia, the small shy little she wolf that had helped Jace and Kami to save Ookami from the snowstorm and his injuries. Jace herself had not seen her since that day which Jace considered truly a shame.