Scent Question
Okay, I know in a scent you can get gender, approx. age, species, what pack someone is in, as well as familial relations should you know the family. But I was wondering if luperci smell different than non-luperci. You know, each species of canine smell different so would the luperci virus affect scent as well? After all there have been dogs that are trained to smell diseases in humans so do you think it would apply to luperci like that?

Some scent facts, including the smelling of cancer
Hmm! That's a really good question. Unfortunately, our notions of werewolves vs regular wolves are based on as much science as we can reason, but that's not much... XD So I suppose it would depend on if whether being a luperci or a regular wolf would mean you're different enough to give off a certain scent. Maybe shifting would give off a certain scent as their bodies change -- since it seems as though the types of scents released are what dogs notice. Regarding the "dogs can smell fear", it's caused by alarm pheromones in the air. So maybe luperci give off some sort of alarm pheromone of their own. So maybe that pheromone sticks around for a few hours -- long enough for another canine to detect if someone's a luperci.

I'm not sure about all the time though. I don't know enough about canines on this subject, so I wouldn't know one way or another. :O
No it the the dogs smelling cancer part. I know that fear is because of the adrenaline and stuff. It is that cancer is a disease and they can detect. Luperci is called a virus (which is could be lumped in with disease) so would it work on the same basis? Just they animals can detect earthquakes or when someone is about to have a seizure or something... you know, its like an innate sense...
Oh right I didn't make the connection between the disease and the virus. That's a really good question. :o

Though the only difference with the luperci virus is that it doesn't really kill you, so I don't know if that would make a difference? Maybe I'll let some other SA'ers weigh in since I'm not too sure. XD
Yeah, that is what made me think about it cause I seen something about dogs being able to detect diseases so I was wondering if the same applied for luperci since it started as a virus and such. Besides I was posting as Imacai at the time and he is the one that does the scents.
I would vote that a canine would need to be trained specifically to tell the difference and that it would not be an innate ability. Since not every individual even knows about the existence of Luperci and/or assumes everyone is a Luperci and doesn't consider non-Luperci, it would be impossible for them to tell. However, an individual that grew up around populations of both Luperci and non-Luperci and knew, without the aid of scent, which was which, then, if they wanted to look for the differences in scent, they would be able to build up that skill over time.