I guess I'm doin alright
[html]

She sat on a rock, watching the four boys at play. They weren't over active, but they were starting to be more active at least. She felt a momentary pang remembering Dierdre this small. She sighed, feeling depressed for a moment, but the feeling was gone, replaced by that pervasive feeling of hope that had begun burning in her breast. She hadn't ventured outside of the lands Conri and naniko had dubbed Twilight vale just yet, but she was okay with that. She wasn't ready yet to discover how many of her friends she'd lost. She couldn't handle that just yet. Knowing her daughter was lost was enough pain right now.
She groomed the skin where her burns were healing. It was tender still, but the burns were doing better than she'd expected. She would have minor scars, but scars were nothing new. She had other scars from other fights, long ago. This was one fight she'd fought and won. The fight for life, a fight for herself and her two sons. She would have given up if Lucifer hadn't arrived when he had. She was lucky he'd been there. He took good care of her and their sons.
She knew Apollo and Sirus were her grandsons, Dierdre's children, but she'd nursed them at her teats. They were her children too. She sometimes wondered how lucifer felt about that. As she'd promised, her milk supply had increased to support the additional mouths. She'd been kept well fed and taken care of to ensure all the pup's survival. She stopped fussing with the wounds and turned her attention to the boys, nudging Noah and Taliesin away from Apollo and Sirus. Noah and Taliesin tended to be more active than the other two, and the smaller boys didn't always appreciate it.
She wished she had her pack with her, to take some of the mild herbs to relieve pain. Her body still ached sometimes. It was part of getting old. She was five years old after all. She felt ancient.

[/html]
He could smell his mate, her soft earth like sent, it had a hint of aloe, and dirt. To him it was a sent that hint in his mind as a welcome sent, his sons, and his grandchildren where never far from that sent. They where always happy to see him, they always seemed to aim to please. The male could hear the squawks from the two younger boys, then the grunt from the two older, he was not foolish to how much a week had mattered. Lucifer knew that it was high time his boys could start eating meat. He was not deaf to the yelp and snarl that Deuce warned her sons about biting down on her tender nipple. The male had set up a few snares earlier that day. Smiling as he ripped the rabbit open, smiling as he pulled his sons away from the younger two as he puts the meat down in front of them, as he took a seat be hide Deuce, rubbing her shoulders, and playing with her hair. Everything he knew to make her feel great."How are you today M'dear?"
She leaned against her mate, her tail wagging. His touch was soothing to her. She nuzzled him lovingly, watching the boys with the meat. They'd sprouted teeth already, but hadn't entirely gotten the hang of eating meat. Their eyes were open. They were growing so fast. She laughed soflty as they tugged on the entrails. Taliesin's face was so surprised when he fell over backwards, holding a piece of the entails. It was about time the pups started to eat regurgitated meat. Within a few more weeks they'd be weaned. That was a relief.

She looked to her grandsons, watching them. their eyes would open soon too. Theyre weren't too far beind their older counterparts. Only about a week, actually. They were early, but they'd developed well. it made the mother happy. She looke dto Lucifer, nuzzling his hand gently. I'm doing well, all things considered. What about you, darling?
Lucifer could help to laugh as Noah attack his brother for the meat. He smiled looking down to Deuce, she was more sane then he had seen her in the longest of time. Lucifer moved his hands down to her sides slowly, as he nuzzled his maw into her shoulder. Her sweet smell made him happy, she had given him childern, two stunning boys, bright and so animated. He hoped that they would never have to worry or want for any thing at all in there life's. A typical father's wish, and hopes. The black male pulled Deuce closer into him as he held her, with a soft content sigh he closed his eyes, resting his maw upon her shoulder. "I'm glad you stopped taking that tea when you did. You gave me every thing I've wished for, childern and love."
He didn't realize she hadn't stopped the tea. She didn't bother to correct him. She leaned against him, nuzzling him gently. Their lives had changed so much. Nothing was the same. Except this, here. Loving and being loved. The mates had had their rough patches, but everything was okay now. Everything was normal now. Or, at last, as normal as it would ever be. Even she herself...she didn't hear the voices anymore, not even the faint whispers. She did't feel the need to have the knife at her side, the knife she' carried for months. The knife she had nearly died for. She didn't need it. She was okay. She suddenlyt felt the need to express this, aloud, to taste the words on her tounge.

Lucifer..... She paused, her throat dry. She swallowed, then continued. I know i had some...problems. Before. She gestured to the new lands, then let her paw drop gracefully. I feel...better. Normal. I don't feel haunted. She turned cautious eyes to her mate, trying to gauge his reaction.
Holding her loving on her trying to show her that he did care about her, and had feelings for her. She had made his dreams come true, he was not sure if she was ready for the boys, but even if she was not ready at the time, she had done a wonderful job about making sure she stayed healthy, and that she took some time off and rested after giving birth, and though Lucifer would like her to still be at the den taking care of the boys, he knew it would be a lost cause. She, like any other being, any other soul wild or tamed, needed some alone time and could never be held in one little space for three to four long months. The male gave a smile as he gave her a playful nip on her ear.

Then he felt her shift and he knew this could not be well, then she spoke, she was well? Well he could tell she seemed better, she was not making any stupid moves that put there lives in risk, he smiled and nodded, really was there a need for words?
He smiled and nodded, and she didn't know whether to be relieved or irritated. She guessed she should be relieved. He didn't contradict her, at least. That was a plus, at the very least. She nuzzled his, crooning happily as he nipped her ear playfully. She licked his chin, her tail wagging. She suddenly felt very playful.

She grinned at him, suddenly stnding up and bowling him over with her shoulder. She pranced away, her tail held high, glancing over her shoulder invitingly. The boys would be fine for a few minutes while the adults played games. Her tail wagged in broad strokes as she grinned at him, her tounge lolling.
The male wasn't sure why the sudden interest in playing came about, however he would play along with her, the black male tail flipped from side to side, as he watched her take off, the lady tail beat and her mouth was upon, as she panted. Lucifer gave a playful grow as he jumped after her, coming down on his paws, he wasn't close to her, but he wasn't that far either, the male chased after the white female. "Run, Run as fast as you can."

He was the hunter and she was the prey, he would get her pin her on her back and then...and then she would be his lunch..she was kind of furry but he would work past all that, he eyed her, trying not to let him mind go into tacit mod. "What a pretty little meal I have found." He curled up his nose as he looked back to the boys with a laugh. "Now when you get a pretty lady on the ground the first thing you must do is.....LICK ALL OVER HER FACE!!!" The male growled again just as playful as the last time as he made the move, jolting around her, like a wound up top, trying to knock her down.
A paean of giggles rose from the boys as mom and dad played. Deuce couldn't help but to giggle herself as lucifer tumbled her over. She let out a theatrical screech as the boys swarmed over her, licking and nipping at her. She struggled playfully, her voice amused and happy.

oh, no. Please let me up. I'm inocent, I swear. besides, i'm old and stringy and wouldn't make a good meal! She giggled again, her tail wagging, her paws waving helplessly.
Lucifer laughed looking at her she was trying to play the whole "whoa is me" card, and the male didn't buy it, he knew who she really was. She was his mate, he was thankful that she was "feeling" better. The male leaned down close to her ear, it was a comment the boys didn't need to hear. "I thought you liked to be on the bottom..." He pulled his head back as he cocked it to the side, in a smug way. He was ready to see her gasp, now all he had to do was teach the boys to say some off the way comment to make her act like she was upset, after all it was all in fun and games. "Besides...you didn't taste all that old and stringing a few months ago...if you know what I mean." Lucifer was ready for her to flip him, he wasn't going to fit it but man oh man was it funny to see her get red over it.