All who wander are not lost
[html]

Well, here we go =]

WordCount: 249

It was her second time scoping around the lands of Anathema. The first time, she wasn’t so fortunate to be completely healthy as she was now. The first time she had just intended to rest around here since it seemed calm and worriless. This time she had an agenda. She was looking for Naniko for a purpose now. She wanted to know more about the pack because she needed somewhere permanent to belong. Being a loner was great and all, but it got tiring after a while. She hadn’t know when the last time she actually slept soundly was.

Her paws kind of hurt from walking down the steep hills, but the pain was nothing like last time. She carefully padded closer to the territory, and stopped. She looked around, but saw no one. She hoped finding Naniko would be easy because she had no intentions of going to look for her inside the territory.

She wanted to howl, but figured she would stand there quietly for a while. Someone was bound to pass by, and hopefully it was the soul she was looking for. She stood atop a hill with her tail in a relaxed position and her ears alert and listening all around her. She didn’t worry, someone was bound to smell her scent, not recognize it, and come. She was confident; she had to be if she wanted to join this pack one day. Now where’s Naniko…? It was more of a thought than a question.

<style>
.axelle-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.axelle-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.axelle-z91 b {color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.axelle-z91 {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... etab-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.axelle-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

She hadn't expected to see the female again, and was surprised to see her standing at the hilltop. Naniko had just crested one of the surrounding hills, which had given her the ability to see the other. She waved a hand at her, hoping she would see her coming and not go anywhere. The other female hadn't howled or noted her arrival, and it was just luck that had brought them together this day.

Naniko greeted her with a smile as she neared. "Hey there! You look a lot better" She said. "I'm glad. You didn't look too good even when you left...I did worry a bit" It was true; she wasn't one to lie to a friend. "What have you been up to?"

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I made it night Smile

WordCount: 268

Pure luck was on Axelle’s side today. After she wished and hoped Naniko would come, she did. And waved toward Axelle. Axe looked down at her from the hill she was standing on and smiled. She carefully padded down a bit so that Naniko wouldn’t have to walk up all the way. Her tail wagged calmly since she couldn’t wave back at the moment.

Hey!

She answered and sat on her haunches when Naniko approached her. She kept a smile painted on her maw at all times when she was around Naniko. She respected the she-wolf as a leader and a friend.

Well, I haven’t been up to much. Staying out of trouble.

She stood to circle in her place to show Naniko that she was free of injuries.

No wounds! But I have to be honest, I do have an agenda today.

She sat back down before getting into it.

I’ve come today to ask you a few things about Anathema. You being the pack leader should know the answers the best. I’m thinking about joining, but I want to know a bit more before I do. Can you sum it up for me?

She tried to keep it short and simple without rambling on. It wasn’t long and it told her story promptly. Success.

Anathema’s lands were colder in the night, probably colder in the cave system. There were owls hooting and other types of birds screeching invisibly in the darkness. Axelle paid them no mind. She was used to this already. Plus, she preferred night and its darkness. Her vision allowed her to see better.

<style>
.axelle-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.axelle-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.axelle-z91 b {color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.axelle-z91 {background-color:#fff; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... etab-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.axelle-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"I'm glad" She said genuinely, grinning. It had been a while since Naniko had found a wolf that she felt comfortable smiling and joking around with, but Axelle was one of them. She had seen the girl in one of her worst hours, injured and in pain and alone...vulnerable. So she felt as if she could open up to her more than many other wolves, even ones within her own pack. "I only have so many herbs, you know? Haha" Nowadays she had a few healers who could help her with some of the work, though.

"Hmm?" She was surprised to hear that Axelle was looking for a place to live. She hadn't been sure if the female was still a loner or a pack wolf, but a quick sniff told her that Axelle didn't smell like anything too familiar to Naniko. "Well...we started as a pack of misfits. Many of us didn't fit in anywhere else or were not welcomed in other places, and we've grown a lot in numbers since then. We'll take in anyone who can hunt and scout...though other skill sets are welcomed too. From any sort of background or past. Here we consider each other family...and to join you must be willing to share blood with one of the leaders, to officially become blood family" She explained.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character,

Word Count: 262

Axelle smiled hearing Naniko joke around with her. She wasn’t really used to jokes, but knew it was a friendly thing. So she smiled at the female leader before her, not really understanding her joke, but trying to seem like she did anyway. Finally, another that she felt comfortable being around. She almost felt Naniko like a mother type, meanwhile she had no idea what type of family the shewolf had. Maybe it was because she was a female leader, and that was kind of like how it was in her family when she had one. Her mother was the one in charge.

Axelle zeroed in on Naniko’s words and nodded slowly as she listened. A blood pact… She didn’t really find this too out of the ordinary. Every good pack had a different initiation. She would be willing to share her blood with Naniko, and others if it were necessary. She would be able to make a new life here. She wanted to have a new life. She wanted somewhere to call her home, and this was it.

She immediately liked what Naniko was saying, and when she was done, Axelle spoke.

Sounds good. I want in.

It sounded a little brief, and maybe she needed to explain herself a little better. Maybe when the time was right. Or right now.

Being a loner is great and all, but it gets tiring after a while. It’s good to have somewhere to sleep where you can actually sleep, and not have to keep one eye open for danger lurking in the shadows.

<style type="text/css">
.waterbeads-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.waterbeads b {font-weight:bold; color:#a48da4; letter-spacing:1px}
.waterbeads p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waterbeads {margin:0 auto; background-color:#a3676b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/qxtjcp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c89eaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #50333a; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's becoming a joining thread! Big Grin PP on making the cut?

She was surprised to hear that Axelle wanted to join the pack. Naniko had no problem accepting the female as one of her own; she had cared for her when she had been injured and already considered her a friend. Of course she would be welcomed to stay. The older female could be a family figure to Axelle if she wished it, as all Anathemans were connected through blood anyway.

"I would accept you here and now. You'd be a great asset to the pack, Axelle, on top of me wanting you around anyway. I was going to invite you to stay for a while--but joining would be even better, if you wish for it" She reached for the female's paw, making a small strike across it with her dagger. She gave her own hand the same mark and pressed them together, their combined blood dripping to the ground. "It's done. Welcome."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yayyy ! Are you excited? Now we have to bring up some plots with Axelle and Naniko Smile if you want.

Word Count: 183

That was it. It was done. Axelle smiled as she watched her blood intertwine and drip to the ground with Naniko’s. Family. Something she thought she would never hear again since hers died. Her hand stung a little, but she didn’t mind. If that was all the pain she would have to go through to get in this pack, then so be it. She was happy the way it was.

She had stashed her bags and things nearby, and would go get them soon. She looked at Naniko and smiled at her. She took her paw and placed it back in the dirt. The dirt made it sting more, but nature had its ways of healing. The dirt climbed inside Axelle’s cut and soon she didn’t feel it anymore. There was no stinging or even feeling that it was there anymore. Then she stood.

Finally. Thank you. Would you give me a tour when I come back? I need to retrieve my things, but then I would like to know where I’m staying and learn about the cave system, if you have time?

<style type="text/css">
.waterbeads-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.waterbeads b {font-weight:bold; color:#a48da4; letter-spacing:1px}
.waterbeads p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waterbeads {margin:0 auto; background-color:#a3676b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/qxtjcp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c89eaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #50333a; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

^_____^ ehehehe yesshhhh. I'm gonna close this one Big Grin

Naniko was glad to have another friend to stand at her side within Anathema. She valued her members and tried to do well by them, always checking the borders for intruders and making sure that her vials of poison were kept in a safe place so that she could dip her daggers in them and use the daggers to defend their territory. She wasn't much of a fighter, but she was learning a little at a time. Naniko would defend what was hers, what she needed to protect.

She nodded quickly to Axelle, grinning as she put her dagger back in its sheath. She would have to wash it off later and get it nice and clean for the next ceremony that she would perform. "Of course I will. Just come on in when you have your things...I'll be in the caves, most likely. I can show you to the open dens and you can pick whichever one suits you best." She shook her bloody hand a bit before pressing it to her muzzle and beginning to clean it a bit. "I'll head back now. See you later"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]