ANSWERED
I was rereading the rules and these questions came up. At the moment they're not quite relevant to any situation, but in case one came up I thought it would be good to know the answer.

1. "...under no circumstances may a player have more than two characters per pack/clan." Does this apply to active characters only?
2. What's with the "tribe/clan" stuff? I know that AniWaya's more or a tribe than a pack, but the clan part confuses me. Has there ever been a group known as a clan instead of a pack/tribe?
3. Would a "pack" of creatures be permitted?
4. I know that some people have NPC companion birds of prey, but would a non-bird of prey bird [if that makes sense] be realistic? I was thinking along the lines of a crow or raven....
How difficult would it be to train/tame a crow/raven? To what extent?

Thanks for answering my questions, guys! <3
1. Yes this is Active characters only.

2. It gives a pack some... "difference" they don't HAVE to be called a pack, as long as they are something right? and i think just AniWaya and Inferni are the only ones that i know of called tribe/clan ^^
3. This is an answer for SA but I think it will not be allowed.

4. Yes as long as it is realistic to have such animals, then there's no reason not to have one. I think someone in Anathema has a raven.
Edit: Shadowposter Shaw is evil. I'll leave my reply here anyways because I feel like it.

My take:

1. Yes, active characters. Under no circumstances can you -play- more than two characters in the same pack Smile
2. Calling it tribe/clan = no distinction from packs. We just like to call it that, because it makes us feel special Smile
3. I think this has been discussed before, but I don't remember. I think maybe no, but I'll leave it to an SA'er to answer that one definitively!
4. As long as the species can realistically appear in the Nova Scotia area, and it is not another "intelligent" predator such as a big cat, a bear etc. you can have any kind of animal as an NPC companion Smile
Wow, thank you for the fast answers! Big Grin
About the raven, how difficult would it be to train/tame one? To what extent?
I'd recommend you try to google that, because I have no clue. It'd be fairly easy to capture one, but I won't be able to say anything about taming. I think it would be fairly difficult, though probably along the same lines as one would train falcons etc.?

I think it would be realistic if your character followed (without knowing or by instruction/book/whatever) guidelines for falcon training, and that way successfully to some extent trained a raven, but you'd have to find out first if a raven can be trained at all, and whether your wolf would realistically be able to carry out the steps necessary! Smile

There have been raven pets, though, so I'm fairly certain they can become accustomed to being around humans. Wolves = different, but it could happen?
Cool. Time for research, then!
Thank you for helping me out, guys!
Glad to have helped! Big Grin
Regarding your question about a “creature pack”, I’d say no, that would not be allowed. In general we have very few active creatures and there would be no realistic motivation for different creatures to seek together to create an own “pack”. Most of our usual creature species are loners by nature and there would of course also be the issue with general communication and difference in species, as few creatures in general are able to use high speech and I don’t imagine that a deer and a crow could understand each other, to use an example ^_^ Did that answer your question? :O
You guys are great. Smile Answered all of my questions well and quickly, so thank you!
aaand late, but re: crows/ravens, Inferni has an NPCr raven named Marlowe that joined the clan because he wanted an easy way to get food. He's not a pet, but he hangs out in the area and will occasionally do stuff like act as a spy/messenger for the leadership.

Ravens are remarkably intelligent birds, but I've always played as if they do not automatically know high-speech. Marlowe learned it by studying wolves, and if your character went about befriending a raven (and/or stealing a hatchling from a clutch, which would be reasonable this time of year) you'd be able to raise it to learn that. However, you'd also need to teach it how to be a bird, which is where any books on falconry could come in handy. A lot of people have started owning ravens at pets, so you'll probably find good information online as well. Smile
I don't know about ravens, but a good friend of mine had a pet crow. They are very easy to become pets, as they are really adaptable animals. They're about as easy to make as a pet as skunks are. I realize you probably have never tried to make a skunk a pet, but I mean that they know there's a good thing when they see it, so they'll stick around while the pickings are good. They are very good pets, but they are very vindictive. If they think that they have been wronged, or if someone pulls their feathers, accidently hits them, etc., they will try for revenge. My friend had to get rid of the crow because her baby sister accidently hit him and he tried to go for her eyes. Tongue So you have to be really careful with crows.
I'd assume it's the same for ravens, as well, but only a bit more dangerous because they're bigger birds. Hope I helped?
lmao, my friends African Grey Parrot went for his dog once, it was hilarious XD
I've been doing some online research; oh, the things you can find on the internet... XD
Heh, almost makes me wish that I could get a bird like that in real life.
Birds are very intelligent creatures and birds that can be 'domesticated' and be pets have very long lives. You have to be very careful about how you treat them, because they are disturbingly human-like with their emotions. Take the average pet parrot. They can live up to fifty years, and if you treat it well, it will grow very attachted to you and quite possibly love you. Conversely, if you treat it badly, abuse it, forget to feed it or clean it's cage for a day or two, etc., it will be very rude to you and try to attack you.
But parakeets aren't included. I had parakeets before. They're unbelievably stupid. Don't get a parakeet.
But if you want a bird, go for it. but you have to be pretty careful about their feelings. You can't just be like, "Oh you're my new pet! Big Grin", you have to make a concerted effort to become friends with it. Birds are really cool, especially parrots and cockateels. <3
Sorry about the lecture/speech/thing.
I agree birds are awesome. My friend's one now gives the dog evils XD
Hmm... I don't know much about birds, but I know raven's are incredibly smart. Intelligent creatures are always easier to train. Also, wolves don't eat ravens so... yup x3 but I don't know much else