[P] Too Much to Ask For?
[html]

WC: 399

Wonderful? Slade noticed that he still had a tiny, dead fish stuck in his teeth, and quickly he tried to spit it out before Deirdre noticed. He ran back to land to try to kill his catch, which was already starting to flop into the deeper water. Oh, no, you don't, you little bugger! "Hang on a second," he told Deirdre, "just gonna kill this thing."

It wasn't cooperating. Deirdre had killed her fish by stepping on it, but thanks to the fact that Slade's fish was a bit larger, it was harder to keep down; if he managed to touch it, it would simply flop out of his grasp. He tried reaching down to bite it, which made him look ridiculous, snapping at the fish and only managing to graze its scales. Come on, you stupid thing, I thought you couldn't survive on land! When he finally managed to grab its tail in his jaw, he saw no other choice and snapped.

The rest of the fish dropped to the ground, still flopping wildly. Slade dropped the tail, trying to get the taste of scales out of his mouth. He hadn't eaten fish before, and now he knew why; it tasted terrible. Quickly, hoping Deirdre wouldn't notice, he kicked the fish tail into the water and grabbed the upper part. He was hungry, but was he really hungry enough to eat a disgusting slimy thing that stared up at him with huge, lifeless eyes and only half a body?

Trying not to shudder, Slade bought the fish over to where Deirdre was lying down. She had already gobbled up her kill. Slade took a small piece of the fish, forcing himself to swallow, and nosed the head over to Deirdre. "It's yours." He wasn't going to offer; then she might decline and make him choke the horrid thing down.

Lying down next to Deirdre, he glanced out over the water. Far across the shore was a green blur, probably more land. The sun was rising behind them - which was fine, because Slade didn't want his eyes to be burned out while he was at it. "That was pretty fun," he agreed, watching the waves lap at the shore. It was such a nice, peaceful scene. The only thing that ruined it was the small, bloody fish tail that the waves were trying to drag away. Stupid fish.

<style type="text/css">
.coyoteflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#008080; letter-spacing:1px; }
.coyoteflower .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#333333; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.coyoteflower p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.coyoteflower {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... -1-2-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#787878; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: If you want we can bring this one to an end, and I can start another one. / WC: 261

She smiled as she rested and viewed the struggle between coyote and fish. She watched and studied the body language of her companion, and was slightly amused by the way he dealt the final bite to the large fish. She kept her smile close upon her maw as she saw him swallow part of the fish and then push the head toward her. She accepted the gift with a gentle bow of her head. Now she did not eat the head completely, but she gnawed upon it as Slade made his way to rest.

The heads were not her favorite part of the fish; she enjoyed the center of the fish, the meat and the bones. The scales were pretty, but they tasted horrible. Even though she could chock on the small bones she did enjoy gnawing upon them. She sighed, but smiled still. “Fish is a strange taste, one you either enjoy or not.” She said glancing over to Slade.

“I’m glad you thought it was fun,” she giggled softly. “You were better at catching then I was the first time.” She pushed the remainder of her meal away from her, “I didn’t even catch my fish until my third try, and even then it took me four and a half times to get it up on solid land.” She smiled warmly, “I almost chocked on water my first time fishing.”

She turned her gaze to look across the water, “Next time we’ll do something different.” She returned her gray orbs to rest upon Slade, “something you want to do.”

<style type="text/css">
.rose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rose-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:# 006600; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... ited-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCFF99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 466 :: OOC: Sounds good to me. End this with your post, maybe? Feel free to powerplay Slade if you need to. ^^

Slade couldn't help but notice that Deirdre wasn't eating the fish head. Wait, hadn't she just gobbled down her own fish a moment ago? He suddenly hoped that the fish he had caught wasn't poisonous; she would have told him if that was the case, anyway... right?

Stupid paranoia, the coyote thought, shaking his head. For a little while he had managed to ignore it, the suspicion he had felt toward everyone since the news of the murder. After this little experience, there was no way Deirdre was a killer, there just wasn't. He had to keep his suspicion on Arwen before he started running around and accusing everyone he knew, even if he was simply thinking about it. Wow, this whole murder thing had really gotten to him.

Dragging his attention back to what Deirdre was saying, he noticed that she was complimenting him on his catch. His eyes widened when she spoke about her first time fishing. "Is that right?" he asked. "It looks like you've been fishing since... geez, maybe the day you were born!" He thought that his attempt at fishing was nothing compared to Deirdre, but he kept this thought to himself, still feeling like he had to be at least somewhat dominant.

Noticing that he had been stiff from thinking like an insane and mistrustful insomniac, Slade sighed, trying to relax in hopes that Deirdre hadn't noticed. He had been acting strange during this whole thing, first with the suspicion, then by being completely clumsy by getting saltwater in his eye and throwing a fish at Deirdre. Mistakes or not, he had to shrug them off. By now, being clumsy seemed to be an average part of his everyday lifestyle, whether he liked it or not.

Still, he had gotten his visit with Deirdre, and now they could lie here and stare out at the waves. The taste of fish had taken away his appetite, so for the first time since the dramatic pack meeting, Slade felt like he could relax without looking over his shoulder. He glanced at Deirdre, smiling. Did he have to go back to Cercatori d'Arte?

He sat there, for minutes or hours, until he realized that Krystalle must be wondering where the heck he was and if he wanted to learn how to read or not. Reading. Hm, maybe he and Deirdre could come back here, but instead of fishing Slade would try to figure out a way to take a book over without damaging it. Krystalle didn't have to be his only teacher.

"Then I guess I'll be seeing you around?" Slade asked, breaking the silence. While he still didn't want to leave, the thought that they'd be meeting again sooner or later made it easier. "I'll still be in the area, if you care to stop by...."

<style>
.free-a28 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a28 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a28 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a28 b {color:#8d693d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a28 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#242424; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.free-a28 .inner{background-color:#ebdfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a28.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:170px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: FIN / WC: 210

Deirdre smiled at him as she turned her gaze upon him. He spoke and she listened then she simply nodded, “of curse I’ll stop by…well” She giggled softly as she stood, “I can’t really stop by, but I’ll be close to your pack’s territory.” She glanced softly down at Slade, “I’m sure we’ll see each other soon.”

With that, she gave him a friendly smile, bowed her head and then turned away, stopping only for a moment to take a last look of the ocean. She breathed in, and then exhaled.

“I had fun,” She called back to him. She knew he was leaving as well. It was, after all, time for the two of them to take their separate paths, but they would meet again, she was sure of it.

The she wolf smiled inwardly. She felt so happy it was a small surprise, but it was not a startle. She was happy to be able to feel the way she felt now once again, she was happy to have another following her path. A friend to help cover her pain; pain. The she wolf sighed once again before taking her leave of the area. She pushed her feet from the ground and dashed off back into the woods.

<style type="text/css">
.rose-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rose-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:# 006600; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rose-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rose-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/i ... ited-1.jpg); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#CCFF99; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]