Coming Undone
[html]
With red wagon in tow, the young male set off across the campus of the university, gazing up at the towering buildings as he neared the first one. The sun had come up only a short time ago, peeking past scattered clouds to shine light across the lands. He'd decided to go so early because he was certain he'd spend all day inside rummaging around and, with the amount of buildings that made up the area, he knew it would take a good while to get through them all. He'd stay the night in one of the rooms, most likely, so he could continue where he left off previously. Coming to the stairs of the largest building, Jasper struggled with the wagon to get it up the stairs, finally getting it situated at the top, he approached the door.

He was careful as he stood there, attempting to pick up fresh scents, but it didn't seem like anyone else had used the door recently. Reluctantly, he placed a hand against the knob and turned. It clicked and Jasper froze for a moment, finally giving a push. The door opened with a rusty creaked and, holding it open with his side, he pulled the wagon inside and let door fall closed. The building was stuffy and dirty, papers and random other objects flung around everywhere. The amount of windows in the building was enough that light poured inside, making it easy for him to see. Quietly, as if he might wake the dead, Jasper began down the hallway, pulling the wagon along behind him.

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

And wake the dead the boy did.

Jasper, for all his shy, quiet ways, was strangely enough one of the boisterous male's dearest friends. Laurent had a very small collection of people that had stuck out during his travels - Draiyen, who had taken care of him until he had wandered away again, Jasper, who was probably his best friend in the world, and a couple other random people. Strangely, all his friends seemed to be male. He hadn't taken the time - or put in the effort - to be friends with a female because most of them seemed to have too much going on inside their heads. Fatin, for example, ran a mile a minute while Laurent was content to have a slow easy patience. Things would get done when they got done, and not a moment before.

Yawning, he stretched out on the desk he had used as a bed. Surely on the campus there were dorms and things far more comfortable, but he was happy to have something solid to use. He had curled up still shifted, arms crossed beneath his head and a leg clumsily falling off the desk. At random points in the night it had kicked and his tail had thrashed all in accordance to whatever dream he was having. The sounds of someone walking through the hallway though, made him both curious and slightly nervous. His size alone was enough to normally scare off any attackers....but it didn't help matters that he had no weapon. Standing up slowly, he made his way to the door and carefully peaked his head out, prepared to dart back inside when the Mission Impossible theme started playing overhead.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-mid.gif) repeat-y; width: 397px;" align="center">

I steal thread now. <3 Btw, we should decide what happened in the last thread.

ETA: I was writing this and Laurent posted... didn't see it until now. If I shouldn't be here, feel free to delete this.

It didn't take long to get there. Bag resting on her shoulder, she wandered the old university, drawn by a scent she barely recognised, and buildings that piqued both her curiosity and her caution. They were so old; they couldn't be safe. But there was a surreal aura to them, something that made her heart beat a little faster with anticipation, and she couldn't resist moving up the stairs of one, stepping soft and silent as she could, for fear of the building collapsing. It seemed stable enough, but one could never be sure. Her eyes searched every inch for cracks or missing boards, finding neither, and continuing forward. Suddenly, a sound caught her attention, and her hand froze on the door, which held a lingering scent. Who had been here? Were they still here? Perhaps someone new; she wouldn't mind a little company. The scent was familiar, but she'd not known everyone from the old lands, so it may have been someone formly from there.

She was in need of new clothes and some paper, which was why she was here. Glancing around, she caught a glimpse of red. Then it was gone. Listening closely, there was someone walking, and a slight squeaking sound, each squeak echoed by a creak of floorboards. Moving quietly, she made her way towards the sound, until finally, she was looking at a male with a wagon. Suddenly, everything clicked into place. The scent, how familiar it had been, how comforting. She leaned against a wall, which gave an agonized creak, and spoke softly, but loud enough to be heard.

'Ello, little brother.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-ftr.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 396px; height: 86px;"> 

[/html]
[html]
The wheels of his wagon rattled and squeaked as he moved along the innards of the building, doing very little to help him try and be quiet. Every now and again he would frown, seemingly at nothing, but it was at the wagon. Poor Jasper would've been just like a human pushing around a squeaky grocery cart, had there been anyone else near him to hear. Continuing down the hallways, Jasper took the time to investigate the scattered debris that littered the floor as he went by. Thus far there was very little of interest, then again, he was suspecting that the interesting things would be inside the rooms that the humans stayed in. Jasper was just about to come up to the first room when he was certain he heard something, causing him to slow to stop.

He stood there for a moment, silent, listening, and just as he was about to start moving again, he saw it. A face turned the corner and peered out at him. The eyes were undeniably familiar and, for once, instead of being scared his heart raced for another reason. "Laurent!" The boy cried out, dropping the handle to the wagon and racing across the hallway. He barely made it to the doorway before his arms were out, wrapping around the form of the older male. He didn't stop there though, his head and face pressed against his friends chest, muffling the words that came out. "You're alive!" Though just as he spoke, another voice called out. "Hello?" He said then, suddenly nervous, lifting his eyes to stare up at his friend.

[/html]
[html]
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/ ... re/lat.png); background-position: center top; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It took all of two seconds for him to scan the hallway and spot the younger male with the unusual appearance and let out a cry of delight. Tail wagging irratically, Laurent took a couple steps out of the doorframe only to get, in all fairness, mauled by the de le Poer youth. Grinning like an idiot Japser threw his arms around the small frame of the pale boy and joyously returned the hug. "Jasper! Dammit boy, I thought you were dead!" Now that both had the 'zomg you live!' part out of the way, Laurent was content to feel the boy pressed against his chest, if even for a moment. Why the big bear of a male was happy to be snuggled up to such a tiny boy was beyond him, but he just knew he liked it and that was all that counted.

Another voice floated down the hallway, and defensively Laurent turned, pulling Jasper behind him. His deep voice would probably make more of an impression on some stranger hiding in a hall, and the Nakado male would rather be damned than let someone hurt his friend - because this certainly wasn't any voice from his family. "Who's there?" He said, probably a little too darkly. For the mottled male, he didn't like taking chances unless he absolutely had to. With Jasper - he outright refused to.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-mid.gif) repeat-y; width: 397px;" align="center">

Anka watched the ordeal with amusement, her dark form lingering in the shadows, only the flicker of crimson eyes shining from within. The obvious tension in the air made her want to drag the moment out, make Jasper and her little friend wait. It crossed her mind that he hadn't seemed the type to aquire friends, especially not ones who allowed themselves to be tackled. For a moment, she was the slightest bit jealous; Jasper seemed fond of this male, but his memory of her clearly had ceased to exist. Or perhaps it had never existed at all. Either way, she was a bit insulted. She pushed it away and stepped out of the shadows; the fun in this game was no more. As she moved forward to lean against the wall closer to the two males, the sun flashed into her eyes, shocking her, and tears sparked in defense. This didn't look good. Jasper would think she was a former lover, more likely than his elder half-sister whom he'd only met once. Still, she met the eyes of the male she was not familiar with, and laughed softly, folding her arms, eyes full of cynicism.

She addressed the unknown male in a tone that that expressed what she didn't say: 'I don't like you.' Whoever you are, you can back off your defenses. I'm not going to hurt him." She fought to urge to roll her eyes, something she must have picked up hereditarily, because hell if she'd ever seen either of her parents do it, at least not that she remembered. Giving the male before her the up and down, she snorted. "Oh, and... Humour me, child, and have some composure. I'm his half sister." Readjusting her bag on her shoulder, she yawned softly. She had grown a lot in the wake of the fire, learnt to stand on her own. She was no longer the same nervous, pathetic little girl she once was, but rather more focused, more mature in her demeanor. There had been a time that a situation like this would have thrown her into a temper tantrum, a panic attack, or both. But this male was laughable. Truly.

She spoke to Jasper now. "Hey, little brother. Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?"

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll12 ... nh-ftr.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 396px; height: 86px;"> 

[/html]
[html]
Jasper, who was almost always quiet and nervous, found that it was easy to express himself around Laurent. Of course, the younger male didn't know entirely why or even really remember what made him consider the other male a friend so quickly. Whatever it was, Laurent brought something out in Jasper that hardly a soul in the world had ever seen. The blonde male was pretty much always happy, a tad more outgoing even, when the much larger male was around. Jasper actually considered himself rather silly for thinking that Laurent hadn't made it out of the fire. If he had to choose any one person that he was certain made it, it would have been the other male. It was like the boy to worry though, that was pretty much all he ever did.

Jasper was only slightly surprised when Laurent pulled him backwards, stepping in front of him to investigate the stranger. This only made him more nervous, ears falling quickly against his skull, cowering back almost. If the scent was apparent to him, he would have known immediately who it was. It seemed that lately, though, the breezes in this place were always working against him. The unfortunate truth though, was Jasper's sudden case of Anosmia, the loss of his sense of smell. She came forward suddenly and the sight of her calmed the younger male, at least until the point she spoke to him. "He isn't my boyfriend." He said quietly, almost grumpy, and frowned. He'd thought that she would be different but, much like everyone else, he supposed she felt the need to pick on him too.

[/html]
[html]

What a bitch!

Most people would be glad to see someone defending their sibling, someone willing to watch out for them. This little number though, seemed to find it worth laughing over. Seemed to find it worth giving him scorn over. The massive male flicked his cool blue eyes towards Jasper and then back to the little black bitch with an unmasked contempt. "Obviously manners came with his blood;you seemed to have missed out on them." He refrained from using condescending names, because it simply was not his way. He had a number of things he could have pointed out to claim his superiority to her; size, stature, gender, all things that he could claim on his own personal bias. If this was her idea of a grown up, mature creature, Laurent was glad that Jasper only shared half his DNA with her.

He leaned against the doorframe, his body only half way in front of Jasper now. "You certainly do make a first impression. If I caught someone concerned enough to defend one of my kin? I'd want to shake that person's hand, not alienate both my sibling and their buddy in one swift move." He glanced at Jasper, allowing him to defend the claim. Really, Laurent probably wouldn't have minded it much at all; he was secure enough in himself that he really rarely gave a damn what anyone said about him anyways. But then, why act like a spoiled Prince? Maybe this lady just had a talent for pushing buttons.
table by Akumu
[/html]
[html]

Lol, wow. DRAMA. Anyhow... Anka is taking off now, since this thread is a little outdated for her, due to the thread with Ahren where she is badly injured, and her personality takes another turn. Have fun with boisekz. <3 [WC: 572.]

Anka couldn't resist the eye roll this time. A smirk twisting her lips, she laughed softly. This was turning out to be quite amusing, truly. Anka moved closer, but only slightly, and considered the situation. She didn't care to anger anyone... but she didn't particularly care if she did, either, and clearly she had. She spoke to Jasper first, softly. Her tone of voice brought back a hint of what it had been the first time they had spoken... that was, after her conversation with Ahren, as their words beforehand weren't enough to be truly considered 'speaking' anyhow. "Jasper, honey, don't take it wrong," she said, and her voice was honestly apologetic. She didn't want to upset him. He was young, though not much younger than her, and frail. So small and delicate. He couldn't afford to be broken; it had been clear enough to her that he didn't get much caring or respect, and she would give him all she could.

She didn't have much. But she tried.

She addressed her younger half-brother once again, and her eyes didn't stray from his as she did, ignoring the other male's presence completely. "You know I wasn't being vicious towards you, don't you, little brother?" She hoped he did. Jasper was a good kid. She wasn't sure she could say that for the others, or for the male whose presence re-registered with her mind at that moment. She turned her gaze to him, and her eyes and face changed visibly from soft and caring, to vicious and cold. She was on her guard. He was bigger than her, but it was clear enough that his life experience hadn't been too much of a match for what she'd dealt with. And, while smaller, she was also likely quicker than he, and much more agile. He was one of those royalty types, or at least he seemed to think he was, quite obviously... something of what her mother had never wished to be. Now Anka understood why. This boy was sickening.

"As for you, your highness," she addressed the phantom prat, every word dripping with sarcasm. "Your defending my brother is not the reason I have treated you with disregard. So, my greatest apologies if I've annoyed your most honourable self." It had not occurred to her that he might actually hold any type of high rank socially; he didn't seem the type to merit it, in her opinion. Being born into royalty wasn't honour anyhow, she figured. It hadn't saved her parents, nor had it saved her. It wouldn't save this cute, cuddly ball of spite either.

She spoke to him once more, her voice soft again, but not gentle as it had been with Jasper. It held contempt, a threat, a challenge. "I sure as hell hope that your attitude doesn't rub off on Jasper, though. I wouldn't want him getting cocky like you. And by cocky, I mean useless." She let the syllable rest there for a moment, then spoke to Jasper once more. "Glad to see you're alive, little brother. I'm sure we'll catch up sooner or later. Take care of yourself."

Pushing past the other male, whose name she'd not even gotten, she nuzzled her brother's cheek softly, whispering under her breath, "Find me when you get some time. Twilight Vale." Then she wandered down the hall, searching for items that might serve her well, with not a glance back.

[/html]
[html]
Manners. The words spoken, despite the tension in the air and what was happening between his friend and his half sister, made Jasper blush. He could feel his skin turning warmer, likely growing red in color, and he suddenly felt lucky that his body was covered in fur. Compliments, even if they came in an indirect fashion, were always nice especially since he didn't hear them that often. The small wave of joy passed very quickly though, his attention immediately brought back to the situation in front of them. Bi-colored eyes moved from his sister and then to Laurent, meeting his friend's face just as he spoke again. It went quiet then, when Laurent looked at him, but Jasper remained silent. Even if he wanted to say something, it wouldn't be like him to speak up about it. Honestly, he really couldn't think of anything to say.

The chance to speak had lingered only for a few moments before his half sister spoke up, causing his gaze to move to her instead of Laurent. She spoke to him, soft words, and Jasper only gave a very faint nod of his head in response to them. Even if she wasn't trying to be mean, it still hurt. The blonde male had always been the easy one to pick on. Jasper had hoped that she would save her words for only him but it was not the case. She regarded Laurent next, which caused the younger male to fold his ears down and hang his head. He hated fighting, even if it was two other people, because he always managed to lose someone afterward. Like his mother, for example.

His gaze was on the floor when she approached, catching only a brief flash of her fur before she was near him, nuzzling him. She whispered and Jasper ran the name through his head quickly. Twilight Vale, a pack, it sounded like. When she pulled away and the younger male finally had the chance to lift his head, she was already wandering away from them. He waited a moment, watched as she made her way farther down the hall, and then lifted his gaze to Laurent once more. "I don't think you're useless." He said quietly, frowning. He hated the fact that she had called him useless, especially since she didn't even know him.

[/html]