At The Stables
[html]

Sorry it was so late!!! >n< It would have been posted about 4 hours ago had it not been deleted. WC: 607!

Shanta rolled in her makeshift bed in the Town Hall. She lay on a single blanket, the only thing she needed to be comfortable. Her eyes slowly opened, she blinked as if to clear the grogginess. She pushed herself up onto an arm, sitting up and taking in her surroundings, she seemed to be the only one up in the area of the Town Hall. She wasn't one to fall back asleep, so she sat up fully and grabbed her satchel. Her satchel, it was so dear to her. Her mother had given it to her when on her first birthday. Her brother had gotten a similar bag. Her father had given them each a five inch dagger that had the family crest at the base of the blade while her name was carved into it in a smooth curvy cursive on the sides, "Shanta" on one, and "Wanagi" on the other. Her satchel held her dagger and both items were always on her, along with a cloth from a blanket of hers as a pup. She grabbed the satchel and got up. Walking out of the building, she did her best not to make any noise. As she exited the building, she looked down to check her appearance, and it's a good thing she did! She looked like a mess, her fur and hair were both messed up from her rolling. Using her hands, she smoothed out her fur until every inch lay flat and neat. She continued to pull out her braids, shaking them until they fully untwined. She pulled through her hair with her fingers, getting out all knots. Once again, she parted her hair and braided each part. When she was finished with fixing herself up, she headed for the stables.

Shanta walked through the cold morning air. The breeze twirled her fly away hairs and pulled them into her face. There was a thin layer of snow on the ground, but it was evident that winter was leaving. She shivered, not from the cold, but from the thought of a long, hot summer. If you were to ask her what her favorite season was, it would definitely be winter. She enjoyed the cold and snow, you could put clothing on when it was cold, but you could not do much if you were hot. Her feet grew numb from the ice, but it didn't bother her, she loved it. Her eyes weren't really focused on anything, but she saw everything, a bird finding food, a squirrel running from her, smaller creatures scurrying and hiding. Her ears were alert as always, though they were in a relaxed position. She heard the sound of the nearby river, the birds, squirrels, bugs, everything. She felt so relaxed in this moment, not worrying about anything, just living.

Shanta finally neared the stables. She pulled some hair out of her face as she pushed open the door. She tried to scent if anyone else was in there, she could smell something, but her nose had gotten a bit frozen. She had caught a scent, but could not distinguish who it belonged to. There was only one wolf she could think of that would be in here this early, "Liliana?" Her call echoed through the stables. She pushed herself all the way into the building. She went into a small side tack room to put down her satchel, making sure it wouldn't fall into horse poo. She grabbed a pitchfork and the wheelbarrow, going to a nearby stall and sliding in. She started to shovel out the "used" straw that was either wet or covered in horse feces.

<style type="text/css">
.shantadreamcatcher b {font-weight:bold; color:#BF8FBF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shantadreamcatcher .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shantadreamcatcher p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shantadreamcatcher {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#644fd4; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/chph2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 167px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#BDB8ED; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Tammi edit: I changed some colours so they were readable. Remember, complimentary colours aren't good for table background and colours! (You can remove this once you read it)
[html]

WC: 341 OOC: Sorry for lateness, and can this be predated to March 31? She's heading out on the 1st ^^

Liliana was too excited to sleep. Come the next day she would be leaving AniWaya for the Great Tribe to visit Nayati’s parents. She was both thrilled and scared. She didn’t know what to do, and what would his parents think about her, and how would they react to her mateship with their son? Most of all, would they accept her, a mutt, into their family? She had gotten up early, to tend to the horses. She knew that they usually calmed her, and calm her they did. Even the foal was waiting for her to come in, even though it was way too early for her to start her work. When she heard a voice she jumped out of her skin, thinking somehow she suddenly heard low speech. When she turned around though, she saw Shanta, the only helper she had in the stables. It was a good thing too because she didn’t want to worry about the horses the whole time. Shanta had proven she could take care of the animals, though Liliana knew she would still worry.

“Oh you gave me a fright Shanta, what are you doing up so early?”

Liliana asked, she’d been over at Grace’s stables, patting the mare’s nose.Grace would be coming with her. She wished she could take the foal, but he would be a burden, and it was too long of a trek for a young horse, not to mention she would be taking him from his mother. She would have to leave him, and knew he was out of any danger of his premature birth. He was healthy and quite happy, though there were no other Foals to play with, but Liliana tried making it easier on him by playing with him as though she were a horse. Sometimes she’d even change into her secui form just so they could play. It had been nice, and she wished it would last forever, but she doubted the colt would be the same when she came back.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#688d85; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f0f0f0; }
.LilianaUtina02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0f0f0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5d5d5c; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina02-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #f0f0f0; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina02-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8fa19d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Now I must apologize for the lateness! I got bucked off my horse and hit my head on Monday >_< And that's fine for it to be backdated Smile ONE MORE THING! haha does it matter the breed of the horse? any certain breeds to be used?; Word Count: 432!

Shanta continued to shovel out the dirty straw. She cleared out anything that was touched by urine or feces. She put the pitchfork outside of the stall and came out. She went to where the fresh straw was, grabbing two flakes and carrying it, away from her body, to the stall. She spread it around the stall, laying it out evenly. The young stallion in the stall rubbed her, he was very large, but like most of the horses in AniWaya, he was gentle. She rubbed his face for a while before she hopped out again. "Good morning, Liliana. I am sorry for the fright. I woke up, I am not one of those people to fall back asleep." she explained her presence to her superior. She watched the Nadie Tadita with the mare, Liliana's mare, Grace. She had seen the way Liliana was with the horses, as if no matter which horse she was with, they were connected, like the souls linked. Shanta hoped that she would be like that one day, have a connection that no one could break. She watched the other females eyes, the way they were bright, but. . . anxious? "Liliana, I promise, I'll take good care of everyone." Her voice was pure and honest, though she didn't think that Liliana doubted her, it just made sense to worry.

The only horse Liliana would seem to be growing closer to would be the young foal. During her duties in the stables and out riding, Shanta had seen her playing with him, switching forms occasionally to play equally with him. She knew that the Nadie Tadita was going to go away with her mate tomorrow. They were going to travel to "the old tribe" to see Nayati's parents. The old tribe was something Shanta wanted to learn about, Liliana better be ready for a load of questions when she returns. Other than going to be in charge of Animal Care during Liliana's absence, she would be responsible for the care of the foal, playing with him daily, assuring he got a full meal, checking that his digestion was good. The weight came down on her, but it was a good weight, one she would enjoy. "He'll remember you," she had walked over to the foal's stall. The young male was already jumping around, nuzzling his mother, being a foal. "He won't ever forget. I'll play with him, keep him in shape, he'll be ready to run forever when you come back." Shanta reached for the foal, pursing her lips, she made the kissy noise, it usually attracted young animals.

<style type="text/css">
.shantameadow-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantameadow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7692a1; letter-spacing:1px}
.shantameadow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shantameadow {margin:0 auto; background-color:#2e4a38; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/szdgd3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#98c2a6; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #2e453c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 301 OOC: woot, so we need to try to keep this running the whole month cause i don't have very many lili threads at all XD so anything you can think of to keep it running i will <3 you forever!!!

Liliana could see Shanta knew that Lili was nervous, mostly about the horses. She had never had any problems with any of them except for one...

Thank you, just remember that Buck over there is not to be ridden by anyone but you untill he’s fully broken.

She said, though... Buck had been here for months and Lili still couldn’t break the stallion, he was calmer around her lately, after he’d broken her rib, and caused the whole fiasco with Jaden and Nayati. She wasn’t sure entirely how well Shanta was with the animals but she knew her stuff from what Liliana had seen the time that she’d been here and Buck was the type of horse that wanted to get out. He needed his exercise, and he would probably respond better to Shanta. Who knew? Liliana turned to see the woman go to the foal’s stables. The mother snorted defensively but did nothing as Shanta spoke to the little guy, and then promised Liliana that he would be stronger when she came back and she’d take care of him. The worry didn’t fully disappear, but most of it was washed away by the reassurance.

“Thank you, I do appreciate it, I am glad I have someone here now, it’s not so easy alone, but if i could do it I’m sure you’ll do well, just remember... the cows can’t die either, I think it would break Dawali’s heart”

She looked at the fat lazy animals that were in their own stalls across from them. Liliana was thinking of finding some sheep and goats and herding them here, but that was for the future. She was more concerned about the near and very close future that was about to happen to her.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#688d85; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f0f0f0; }
.LilianaUtina02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2e3c4b; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#f0f0f0; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5d5d5c; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5d5d5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina02-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8fa19d; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Sounds good, I need a ten more IC post before I can take on a second character ^.^ WC: 433!

Shanta pulled her hand back, after many, useless, attempts and luring the foal over, and shook her head smiling. She turned to face Liliana once more. As the Nadie Tadita reminded her of Buck's wild spirit, Shanta smiled even bigger. She looked at the young Stallion. She had yet to ride him, but it seemed as though she'd be spending a lot of time on his back. She had only ever broken one horse, the mare she had had in Maine. Shanta knew, however, that Stallion's were totally different than mares, a bit more strength, and a lot more spirit. Not to say that a horse who was broken faster had a weak spirit, just that Stallions tend to stay wild for a while. Something told her he wouldn't break easily, but she would do her best with him. Then when Liliana mentioned the cows and how their health also mattered, though she looked like she didn't mean it completely, Shanta laughed lightly. The cows were quite important to the Kalona, she had learned this in her time here. The cows would be much easier than the horses, she would just need to fill the waters, let them graze, and give them grain. The exercise of the cows, would be done while they stood in the fields and walked.

"So how long will you be away?" her question was not something that was digging, just something that Shanta needed to know. The longer Liliana was gone, the longer Shanta would be responsible for all of the animals. Not that she would be scared or be down on herself, when she did that, she usually failed. Her hopes were up, as were her expectations of herself. She inspected more stalls, many of them were clean, so she skipped those. She took the wheelbarrow over to a stall that needed cleaning. Climbing in and pulling the pitchfork in, she started to shovel out more waste. Shanta hadn't had much time to actually hang out with Liliana since she had been here, each of them busy with their own things. She finished shoveling out the poop and came back out of the stall. She grabbed herself another flake of hay, still being careful not to rub the irritating hay against her body, and took it to the stall. As she walked, she asked Liliana, "Would you like to go riding? We haven't really had time to actually get to know each other." She spread out the straw on the ground and dusted herself off. She climbed back out of the pen and waited for Lili's response.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 376

Liliana had no doubts that Shanta would be good with Buck when it came the time. And she knew that she cared for the cows much more than liliana herself, they tended to be more bull headed around her, even if most of the cows were female. She was interested to see what they had in store for the animals because Dawali wanted to breed them. Maybe for easy meat, because they were not good for anything else. Their milk may have been good for humans but it sure wasn't good for the wolves. She turned to Shanta letting her mind come back to the present.

"Nayati said it will take about a month, but I'm not sure, this will be my first visit to the Great Tribe. I am very interested in seeing it, especially how they train their horses and stuff, I do plan on bringing something back that may include more horses and I had seen sheep wandering before I joined AniWaya... but that's been over a year, who knows if there's more.

She was starting to blabber, and she shut her mouth, blushing a little bit. Then Shanta mentioned something that would ease Lili's nerves. Going riding, she smiled.

I would be glad to, I will take strawberry over there, Grace will need her rest before our big trip.

She said. Strawberry was one of the workers, but had been trained in riding as well, she was a larger built horse, which had made it worth making her a worker, but she deserved a bit of fun now and again. Liliana thought as she gave Grace one last pat before leaving her stall. She normally rode bareback, so she didn't need much to get ready, and Strawberry waas much more calm than most of the horses, so she didn't think she would have a problem evben with her healing rib. She did feel bad for watching Shanta do some bit of work, but Liliana had mucked out and fed the horses for some time, this morning she'd groomed the unclaimed ones, and fed them all when she came in before giving her own horse attention.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 360!

Shanta smiled and dusted off some straw that was still stuck to her as Liliana said yes to the invitation. She looked up and down the stalls to see which horse she would ride, finally, she decided to take out a mare she had grown close to during her time in AniWaya. She went to the tack room, where her satchel was, grabbed her satchel and the reins to the horse she had been calling Belle. Belle was a young mare that Shanta had instantly bonded with. She came back out with a headstall and reins, having them draped over her shoulder. She walked up to Belle's stall and gave a whistle she used when with any horse. Belle's head came up and she whinnied softly as she came to the door of the stall. Shanta scratched Belle's face rhythmically for a few moments, then she went into the stall and put the headstall on, slipping the bit into the mare's mouth, she led Belle out of the stall and into the small walkway. She watched for Liliana to get out Strawberry as she walked Belle out of the stables. She pushed the large door open and pulled her horse out of the building, closing the door slightly as she exited.

Shanta mounted Belle, swinging her long legs over the mare's high back and sitting on the horse's back. She settled in so that she had her balance and could grip the horse comfortably with her thighs. She heeled the horse and then went a short distance and did a few circles, she stayed at a slow trot to warm up the horse. It wasn't good to just start off on a horse, making them run right after being in a stall, many things could happen to them. She trotted back over to the Stable door. "You ready, Liliana?" She asked the other female. Belle tossed her head happily, snorting a bit before she put her head back down. Shanta patted the mare's shoulder and whispered to her, "Such a beautiful girl, so good." She told Belle, the horse just flicked her ears at the sound of Shanta's voice.

<style type="text/css">
.shantameadow-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.shantameadow {margin:0 auto; background-color:#2e4a38; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/szdgd3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 220px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#98c2a6; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #2e453c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 302 OOC: :/ i did not see the post...

Liliana didn’t have to use reigns or anything for Strawberry for the new mother had been a good easy ride. Lili didn’t use take when she didn’t have to, though she would when she went on her trip with Nayati. Taking the mare out of her stall she looked to the foal and cooed.

“I will bring your mother back in one piece I promise!”

She said and was soon mounted on the horse. She took the lead taking them out through the front of the stables, which the doors had been left open. She dismounted waiting for Shanta to go through the doors. It wouldn’t do to have any of the animals escape... especially the mindless cows.

“Where should we head to?”

She asked thinking of the nicer parts of AniWaya. It had been a while since she’d ridden with someone, in fact last time she did it had been with Nayati, so this would be a good time to start actually making it a habit... well after she got back from her trip. Something she was still nervous about. It wasn’t that she was going further south than she was use to, nor that it was a long trip, that would actually do her good, it was meeting his parents, and hoping that they liked her as much as she wished they would. That they would approve of their joining. She found herself wishing her mother was still around. She always had advice to say about that, but she wasn’t. The woman had killed herself, and here Lili was in a pack, with great wolves... was it bad if she liked it more now than she did wandering? She thought as she held the door ready to be closed behind Shanta.

<style type="text/css">
.LilianaUtina03 b {font-weight:bold; color:#41a2b3; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #bfdfe5; }
.LilianaUtina03-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f5a5c; text-align:center;}
.LilianaUtina03 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.LilianaUtina03 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#bfdfe5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... tina04.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #41a2b3; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f5a5c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.LilianaUtina03-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #e3f0f3; margin:0 auto;}
.LilianaUtina03-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px dotted #41a2b3; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
Table by Alli
[/html]
[html]

Shanta was already outside. . . lol ^v^ and sorry for the lateness, I've been UBER busy, and shortness, i really didn't know what to put >.< WC: 246!

Shanta sat on Belle's back, relaxing and finding her place on the mares smooth back. She held the reins lightly, though she didn't always need them, she always used them in the case she was in a situation and needed them. She trotted a few yards away and then circled back. She was still finding her place so she would not fall during her ride. When Liliana came out, Shanta halted her horse and waited for Liliana to close the door, but she stood there holding it. "Liliana? You okay?" she asked as she walked up behind her. She watched the Nadie Tadita closely, noticing that she wasn't completely there. Probably deep in thought, flashbacks maybe? Shanta thought to herself. She steered Belle in front of Liliana and shut the door carefully, she noticed the coloring coming back into Lili's eyes.

Shanta turned Belle around once more, facing the woods. She looked over at Liliana when she was asked the question. She thought of the territory, why not head South? She had yet to see the southern part of AniWaya territory, she wondered what would be there. "Shall we go to the southern area of the territory?" She asked, pondering the time it would take to get to the area and how long they'd be there. She didn't care much, she was just ready to ride and lose herself in the wind. She smiled at Liliana and awaited the final answer, she scratched Belle's shoulder soothingly.

[/html]
[html]

WC:225 OOC: Sorry for the dreadful wait and the horrible reply Sad

She hurried back on the horse, getting up with ease turning towards Shanta, smiling she nodded.

“Yes that would be pleasent, I don’t normally go down that far, I don’t know why though”

She said as she moved the horse to a quick walk. Motioning the other woman to follow her. She couldn’t believe she blanked out like that and felt rather embarrassed. Turning to the other woman she wanted to push that embarrassment behind her and get to know her fellow caretaker.

“So who showed you how to take care of horses? My mother was a trainer herself, she actually went all over old Canada trading horses for food and supplies for more horses. She was really good at it, though I’m not much of a trader myself, I did inherit her love for horses.

She said, it stll hurt thinking about her mother, but as it had been over a year since she died, it didn’t hurt so much. She’d properly mourned for her mother’s death day, as well as her father, but she tried to keep things in check, especially with all that was going on and her rocky relationship with her mate that hopefully smoothed itself out and would soon do so further when they went on the trip the next day.

<style type="text/css">
.lilicardinal b {font-weight:bold; color:#810904; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.lilicardinal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.lilicardinal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilicardinal {margin:0 auto; width:458px; background-color:#030404; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rdinal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E1E4D9; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ABB1B3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
[html]

Don't stress it Smile Word Count: 477!

Thinking about the question for a bit, Shanta tried to remember. In her short life, so much had happen, a whole other history than what most new about her. But horses. Horses. In the short, stretched time she had lived, horses had always been there. She grew up with all kinds of animals, having been raised on a sort of ranch. Her mind wandered in her past, the good life she had, the Guards coming to execute her family, her sister's being killed, running away, traveling to the Americas, and finally, finding 'Souls. She noticed the tenses Liliana had used when talking about her mother, past tense. Empathy drowned Shanta in her emotions, her own mother, scent and image and voice, lingered in her nose and eyes and ears. Her father also came to her, as her mother had, scent and image and sound. Her brother did not come to her, however. Something in her stirred, was that hope? She didn't know, what she did know, was that she longed for her brothers presence. She looked up to Liliana again, and gathered her words, thinking through her story to make sure it was sensible and as close to the truth she could let it be.

Shanta shifted on Belle's back as she rode next to Liliana. "My family lived with lots of animals. We had a small herd of horses, maybe about ten or so? Anyways, they were one of my favorite animals. I loved watching my parents and grandparents work with them." Shanta talked about her family and envisioned the rolling land that they had owned, wooden fences surrounding their property. The smells came to her, smells she had grown with. Sounds buzzed in her ears as did the heat burn her skin, though it was rather cool out. Her mouth formed the words as her mind played the movie, "My parents and grandparents all worked with the horses, a lot of them really didn't need much work. We could hop on a wild horse after just meeting and be set to ride. My family all just had a connection with the animals, something about our auras they could just see, they knew that we meant no harm and would protect them. We did ground work with some of them, mainly stallions and younger horses, running them around and turning them. Then we would put reins on them and saddle them, doing rein work while ground working. Some horses we would sell, along with other animals." She finished her story and then looked at Lili again, "I'm sorry bout your mom. Whatever happened. I just lost mine before I joined AniWaya. I know the pain of losing them." She smiled faintly and then heeled Belle slightly and leaned to swerve between trees. She had learned to do traditional Western rodeo, barrel races, pole bending, roping, etc.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:327 OOC:

Liliana listened at Shanta's story, entranced, she'd aquired Grace the way the other woman was talking about, but had caught the others while on horseback herself, she was a herder, and her instincts always kicked in when it came to working. She smiled thinking, it did take a few days for her to get Grace talked into giving her a ride, not that Liliana could actually talk to the horses. She knew about the connection a wolf had with other animals, Lili's mother had it, it was possibly due to her dog heritage that really got the horses to listen to the woman. Her face darkened a little when Shanta mentioned her mother, yes it was sad she lost her, but the reasons for losing her mother were still clear in her mind. After all she had to force feed the woman just so she could live, in the end Liliana had no choice but to give up and let her dying mother go. She stared at the scenery ahead as they moved forward trying to compose herself and not give her friend the remark of her not knowing anything about what Liliana went though.

I too am sorry that your mother, I am sure she had a wonderful life from the way you told it."

She said quietly, her voice not breaking, which made her proud of herself. She watched as the young woman swerved her horse between trees and was impressed. She'd learned quite a bit of training from her mother, mostly hunting and war training as that's what most wolves wanted these days, so this was new, but not so much with a war horse training. When a warrior would make the horse feint a step up but move at the last second, that's about what Shanta was doing now. Liliana smiled, she was sure to learn quite a bit from the female.

<style type="text/css">
.lilicardinal b {font-weight:bold; color:#810904; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.lilicardinal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.lilicardinal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilicardinal {margin:0 auto; width:458px; background-color:#030404; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rdinal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E1E4D9; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ABB1B3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
[html]

soooooooo late :'( i am so sorry! Word Count: 477!

Shanta kept Belle swerving between trees and then finally stopped. She could feel the wind brush against her cheek, twirling her hair along with parts of Belle's mane. Shanta was not trying to get pity comments from the woman, though the respectful comments were very much welcomed. She smiled sorrowfully to Liliana, "We can not control what the world has been going through since the beginning." Shanta said as a type of thanks for the woman's respects. She had missed her mother, though not as much as her brother. Her poor brother, where could he be? She just wished she knew that he was okay. But he was not dead, she would have known if he had died. Shanta shook the feeling of longing to find him, 'he knows where to go if he needs me.' she told herself. He would know, though, they had all agreed on which pack they would join. Her hope for him coming had never died, though it was fading.

Shanta noticed the Nadie Tadita watching her as she had done her sort of trick through the trees. A bright smile played across her muzzle. She slowed to a halt, waiting for Liliana to come up, Shanta had gotten a bit ahead during her "tree" bending. "I could teach you how to do that. The swerves. The actual swerving is known as pole bending. I know a few other things, too." Shanta said. She started off on a trot to a more open clearing, dismounting from Belle to give her a break. Shanta patted the mare and then took in the clearing, looking at the ground, bushes, trees, everything. Not seeing anything to eye grabbing, she walked over to a rock and sat next to it, leaning back on it. Belle followed her and started to graze near a bush that was just growing out it's leaves. It was lovely to see the winter finally leaving, though she loved it, it was time for it to go.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]