Excuse Me Miss
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Hickey; Would love to finish this quickly in April for rank up. I'd say like with the contest where it is at least five posts each should suffice since she only needs to learn a bit about the pack; 310 words

Selene knew that she had to get out. She had to do her duties if she were to stay around. She knew this. She had to work on this. She would do good for awhile before she would fall back into her funk all over again. But for the past few days she had been feeling decently well enough. Because of that she finally decided to get out and explore some. To perhaps be able to actually find another pack and gather some information about them as her ranking specified to do. She hadn't really familiarized herself too much with the ares outside of Anathema. Because of her funks she had mostly stayed close to home.

But now she was leaving Anathema behind. She headed south and followed along the shoreline. She had no idea where she was going exactly but was just walking. It would do her some good to get away from the caves and come up into the daylight. After all any other time she emerged was to get away to mutilate her legs or to get something small to eat. She tended to find small prey animals in the pits that had been hidden near the borders.

But neither of those were on the menu for today. No, today was truly exploratory. Which turned out to be a good thing for her. Just a few hours to the south she had ran into scents marking a border. She made sure to stay outside of the border as she made to bring her feet to the ground so that she could sit on her knees. She crawled upon hands and knees to sniff around the border of the area that she was at. She had no idea what place this was or who resided here but it didn't stop her from committing it to memory for now.

<style type="text/css">
.selene {width:400px; background-image:url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Isoke/wolf/Selene/selene.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#0D0007; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.selene2 {padding:150px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#664270; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.selene b {color:#ED9B9D;}
.selene p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait

As of late, patrolling the borders was an extremely important duty in the dappled Savant's eyes. The events of the last months had left her and a majority of Phoenix Valley feeling uneasy about wanderers, intruders and trespassers. The black man who liked to invade these lands in his drunken state was causing quite the rile in the borders. If it took her patrolling at all hours of the day to keep the vile monster away from her friends then so be it. Tala was willing to work at all hours to keep these lands safe. No part of the border line was to be left untouched each day by one pack member or another. Two noses were always better than one. Until their problem was taken care of, the pack was on alert to keep each other and the pack as a whole safe. It was top priority.

The Savant was taking the time needed to patrol the area of the Quartz Shoreline, this was one of the easiest and fasted routes to connect to the Valley from the mountain pack of Anathema and it was her own personal vendetta to keep it safe. The woman had been scorned, a kind soul taken advantage of. The Djose woman had never hated anyone in her life, but she hated him. That was why the scent of a wolf near the sandy border had her brow raised, the Lupus form of the woman padded quickly, silently. If she could not pinpoint this scent as a threat, she had no reason to be hasty. Friend before foe. Despite being scorned and attacked, she was not one to jump at anothers throat.

There was a body that came to view, a body she had yet to meet. The amber eyes of the woman gazed, a head dipping in kind welcome as she padded ever closer, only stopping once about 15 feet away from the stranger. "Hello there, my name is Tala Djose, Savant of this land. How may I help you?" This stranger, this woman smelt of the mountains and it caused her to sigh mentally, the woman had such mixed feelings of that pack at this point. She had a dear friend there, and a cruel enemy. This woman could turn the tides one way or another, and Tala prayed it fell the right way.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Hickey; It's fine hun, just excited to get it done cause this be the final one that will get me my rank raise (well, the first one); 310 words

She had no idea what others were in the pack that she was in did. She didn't actually spend much time conversing with them too often. It wasn't like she knew all of them either. She was too much of a hermit for any of that. This was one of those rare excursions that she was out and away. It was a rare decent mood for her. And she didn't even have a cause for it. She didn't have any spectacular news to tell. There weren't any that were needing her or depending on her. But for all she knew that just might change.

She looked up from her scenting as she was spoken to and quickly crawl back away from the borders. "I uh... I just..." She wasn't certain how to begin to explain herself. She frowned and bit and stared towards the ground. "I hadn't meant any harm or anything. Didn't know there was a pack here at first." And that was entirely the truth. She hadn't realized it until she had run into a barrier of scent. "What is this place? That is if you don't mind me asking." She didn't want to overstep her bounds anymore than she already had.

She fidgeted slightly, really not wanting to cause trouble. She sincerely hoped that this mistake wouldn't get back to Nani. "I'm Selene D'Angelo." She gave her name for she didn't have a respectable title to give out. She wasn't anyone special in the pack that she was in. She was just another member taking up space and filling the ranks. That was it and nothing more than that. She wasn't of any sort of importance to anyone. She didn't have anything to show for herself. She hadn't made her own mark in any sort of way. She was only related to power and that was it.

<style type="text/css">
.selene {width:400px; background-image:url('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Isoke/wolf/Selene/selene.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#0D0007; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.selene2 {padding:150px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#664270; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.selene b {color:#ED9B9D;}
.selene p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Yeah I disappeared for a week without warning x.x I'm very sorry.

The ivory figure in front of the ashen Savant caused her to blink a few times to try and make sure she was seeing this right. Not too many wolves these days came sniffing by like this as if they had never even known a pack resided here. The mountains Anathema called home were the closest territory to the Valley out of any of the other packs and Tala was sure that every member knew of heir neighbours at this point in time. Tala was one to go out and explore the land just out of curiosity on her own time, maybe it was wrong of her to think all others did the same thing. Yes, that was not a good thing to assume, and for that she would apologize if need be.

Tala had not meant to startle the woman in any way, and the tone she received in response seemed....perplexed. How interesting. Tala never meant to catch anyone off guard, on the borders or not. "It's alright, no harm done." The woman had not trespassed, there was nothing to be mad about. They could not get mad at someone for just being near the border, how rude and unfriendly of anyone who did that. "This is Phoenix Valley, a pack for dreams and kindhearted souls looking for a place to fit in among friends." There was a smile on her face as she introduced her home. Such pride she held for this place and her belonging to it.

"Pleasure to meet you, you are from Anathema, correct? I know of a few others from the mountains already." No need to mention the foulness of one, and the great kindness of the other. That was all personal, no need to vent on strangers, visitors, potential friends.

What exactly was the woman doing so far from the mountains if she did not know this pack was here? Simple exploring perhaps? Tala was no stranger to that, not at all, and nobody would be scorned on her part because of it. Trespassers were another story at this point, but simple wondering.... not a problem at all.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]