A Life Once Lost ~ Joining
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: very strong language, minor violence and self-injurious behavior, starting with the 1st post. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

1. Character Name: Domonick
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 8th of March 2009
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
4. Gender: Male
5. Your e-mail: musicequalslife13@sbcglobal.net
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): AIM- soulsearch92
7. How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: Member, rejoining

Okay, so I’m spicing Domonick up a little. Adding a little…”pizzazz?” Mainly because I love’em to death, but I don’t know, I want to change a little something. Add a few more, “scars” so to speak, keep him up with me, since his personality is basically mine xD.

Okay, here we go, let’s see how rusty I am on this.

[html]

Domonick laid on the ground, in his Optime form, staring up at the sky. He felt shaky, nervous, tired; you name it, he felt it. Things had been horrible for him. He left Phoenix Valley awhile ago, to “run away”. He left everyone he had met, his responsibilities; all because he felt something wasn’t right. He didn’t sense that things were wrong with his friends; it was himself that he felt the wrong. He left the pack and away.

He clutched his hand around the blade he found while rummaging through the old buildings of Hailfax. It was in decent shape; he cleaned off most of the grime, and sharpened it with an old stone he found. It wasn’t the sharpest, but it was enough to do what he wanted its purpose to be. He loosened his grip on the blade and let it rest in his lap, his held up his left arm and took off the old pieces of clothe that was wrapped around it. He stared at the cuts beneath his fur on his arm, a few scars visible. He grimaced,

“Maybe one day I’ll cut deep enough.” He said softly.

He picked up the blade and pressed it against his skin, he took a breath and sliced into his arm, the blood pouring from the fresh wound. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the trunk of the tree he was sitting against, the blood mixing with his fur, dripping onto the ground. A tear formed in his eye, not from the pain, no; he was used to the pain, it was from the way things had turned out. Everything seemed to be falling apart around him, he didn’t know how to change the way things way, to make things better. It was almost too much for him.

He clenched his eyes and let out a scream and threw the knife. He sighed and wrapped his blood soaked arm in the cloth. He stood up, bracing himself against the tree.

“I’m such an idiot. “ he said out loud, hoping that if he said something, he’d wake up, finding this to be some sort of dream.

He shook his head, he didn’t know where to go anymore or what to do, so he let out a sigh and started walking. He did nothing but keep his eyes straight ahead as he walked, his wrapped left arm folded across his chest, as if he didn’t want anything to happen to it.

He kept walking, he didn’t know how long, but it was long enough for day to turn into night. He finally came to a stop, he was tired. His mind seemed to come back into focus as he looked around, he let out a sharp sigh, he realized where he was; the borders of Phoenix Valley.

He couldn’t believe it, what twist of this world brought him back to the very place he ran away from? Was it a cruel joke or maybe something more, maybe a chance for redemption.; he didn’t know, but whatever it was, he felt something inside of him, something he couldn’t explain.

He fell to his knees and stared at the land ahead of him, Phoenix Valley, the place where he called home, the place he turned his back on, the place he wished he never left. He closed his eyes and let out a long sigh as the thoughts of his former life came flooding into his head.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

YAY IT'S GARRETT!!! And hoo boy, this is going to be interesting... Small bit of PP, let me know if it's not okay. ^^

He had chosen one of AniWaya's horses to return with this time, finally giving the Valley stallion he had been using a break from the three-hour trek across the continent. Sure, the one-eyed idiot had been feeding it well, rewarding it extra for its efforts and taking care to keep it hydrated and healthy. The stallion, whose name he did not even know, had been one of the few survivors when the barn collapsed in the snowstorm back in February, and the only horse to not take any injuries that would making such long trips difficult. In fact, the black stallion seemed to thoroughly enjoy it; had the dumb horse been any smarter, surely he would have known what terribly company Jefferson was, but the cyclops figured it was its nut-sized brain that convinced it Jefferson was the best damn thing to have come around in a long time.

However, the AniWayan stallion he'd taken seemed to tire out much more quickly, and so the cyclops paused around Halifax and began walking the poor, panting thing the remainder of the trek to the Valley. He didn't mind; spring was beginning to show itself and the air had started to shift to warmer temperatures, finally blessing his scars peace from their stinging all the winter months. The AniWayan horse was grateful, especially since Jefferson didn't plan to stay in the Valley long before hurrying back to the tribe to meet with Dawali. The brute hated running the two packs, hated the idiotic treks back and forth across the mainland, but it was owed. Their alliance was friendly and strong and Jefferson had great respect for the wounded Dawali... he just hoped the Kalona would recover soon.

A familiar scent caught his attention as they pulled out of Halifax, bordering on Valley land; he paused the horse and breathed in the air, puzzled as recognition set in. Domonick, again? The brute had been sure the idiot was long gone this time, but the dark-furred boy wouldn't have hung around Valley land for nothing. The man followed the scent, walking the horse, and his steps grew faster as the smell lingered with the reek of blood.

Under a tree the man found him, pale-faced and weak, blood seeping from his arm and dripping from the blade held in his other hand. All that stood at his throat and shoulders flared; no compassion swept over him, but a mixture of sheer anger for Domonick's clear stupidity and worry for what had happened — though muted by the anger, of course.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" the Patriarch snapped, green eye blaring its glow. Throwing away the stallion's reins, the scarred man stormed closed and in one fell swoop, snatched the blade from Domonick's fingers; he gingerly tossed it aside, then reached his single arm and grabbed the former Praeas at the throat of his shirt, more lifting the man to his feet than pulling him up.

"Get up, get the fuck up," he roared. "What the hell is wrong with you, Domonick?! Is this the goddamn reason you deserted the Valley, to lay around like a coward?!"

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jeffers-birdsz p {padding:2px 14px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.jeffers-birdsz b {color:#4E5145; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
.jeffers-birdsz-border {width:420px; border:1px solid #383230; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

As Domonick lay on the ground, a smell he recognized came to him, Jefferson?" almost instantly after the thought, the older wolf was upon him. The knife pulled from his grip, and himself lifted up.

Domonick's eyes widened, he didn't expect anyone to be here, much less Jefferson. He didn't know how to react, what to say, to do. He didn't think he would be able to react to anyone else, but with Jefferson, someone who he was always intimated around, he knew he wouldn't be able to bring his thoughts into the correct order of words. He just stared at him, trying to process everything.

Jefferson's words hit him, hard. Coward?" he thought. His breathing was short, he lifted his hand and attempted to push himself away from Patriarch, his arm stung from the cut the blade had made, still bleeding, soaking into the cloth.

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat, he looked into the eye of the scarred wolf, "I can't explain it!" The words came out sharper than he had meant them to, but he kept going, trying to think of a way to put what exactly he was feeling into words. He wanted to be able to express himself and not sound like a kid, like some moronic child.

"I didn't mean to deserted anyone! Things..." he broke off, trying to think of what to say, not wanting to sound completely foolish, but from what Jefferson caught him doing, being foolish really wouldn't matter at this point, he thought, "Things caught up, something that I can't explain. I didn't want to be around anyone, not because I didn't like them, but for the reason I wasn't able!"

He looked away from Jefferson, staring at the ground. "I needed time to think, time to make things right within myself, and being away only has made me realize that things I ran away from, are the things that made me happy," He looked down at his blood soaked arm, "I thought that maybe, maybe running away from life would cause things to be better." He took a deep, shaky breath. Realizing that he let everything out that he had held in for such a long time.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I, uh, am gonna put a Mature warning tag in your post... Still a small about of PP, not much.

"I can't explain it!" All at once, the Patriarch's single green eye flashed a near-orange, and at those words Jefferson thrust the ex-Praeas against the tree, pinning him between the rough bark and the heavily-breathing cyclops whose scarred fingers still held him dangerously close to his throat. "There is no fucking explanation," he hissed, the boy's excuses and cries barely registering in his ears. "There is no excuse!" the scarred man roared inches from Domonick's snout, his hot breaths like scalding flame against the ex-Praeas's pale visage.

The things he left behind were what made him happy? Was this the result of leaving Phoenix Valley behind not once, but twice? Jefferson said nothing, but still green burnt gold in his single eye; heavily he stepped back, bringing the fingers at Domonick's throat away from the tree — the Patriarch threw him from the tree to the ground in one heavy shove, one with such restrained power within it that it was unlikely Domonick would be able to keep his balance. Jefferson stood above him like a tower, a fortress, the scarred titan of Phoenix Valley; still his chest heaved bitter, hot breaths, and as he spoke once more his tone hastened into a caustic, acidic snarl.

"You thought running away would solve all your problems," he hissed, burning eye thinning. "You thought you were the only one with goddamn problems. You deserted your own fucking family, you selfish pig! You call this—" he threw his arm out at the knife, discarded in the grass yards away, "—making things right in yourself? Shedding your own fucking blood because you're too much a coward to ask for help?!"

Finally, his voice jumped from his throat, a sound like booming thunder to the sanctity of Phoenix Valley. "I have killed dozens, Domonick!" Jefferson roared, fangs not longer hidden from his lips, talons no longer hidden by his scars. All that could flare did so, the Valley guardian a sudden monstrosity, a sudden horror, the well-kept secret behind what kept the pack safe. "I am a murderer! I am a rapist and I run this fucking pack! Nothing — NOTHING! — you could say is beyond help, beyond me, beyond Phoenix Valley! If you knew you abandoned your happiness here, then why didn't you come the hell back?!"

His last words, like the final strike of lightning to cease the storm, brought tense silence to his scarred lips. That released, the cyclops visibly began to settle, the monster subsiding, the scarred guardian pulled back to prominence. The glow of his eye diminished, but before the gold vanished completely, he muttered one thing more. "No blood should ever be spilled without reason," said the titan. "Not even by yourself. To do so makes you nothing more than a fool."

<style>
.jeffers-birdsz {background-color:#CDDCE0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... dtable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDF3F4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#788E94; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:16px; width:418px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 115px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Sorry that it is so short and it sucks ;-; still working out the kinks xD

Domonick closed his eyes tightly as he was pushed against the tree, Oh fucking hell. ran through his mind, full of shock more than anything. He had never witnessed this side of Jefferson, a side that was putting the fear of God himself into him. He wanted to speak, but he knew that it might not be the pressed idea; even if he wanted to, he knew that he couldn’t get his voice to function correctly.

Domonick braced himself as he fell toward the ground, hitting his cut arm. He winced, but remained where he was, too scared to move. He was shaking slightly, afraid of what was going to happen. Had he fucked up this badly? He thought to himself, he couldn’t think of a straight answer. His thoughts were a swarm with panic.

” -then why didn't you come the hell back?!”. The words stung, but he knew why he hadn’t come back, he was afraid. He was afraid of what people would say. He was scared that they would be mad, that he would not be taken back. He attempted to speak, but his words clung in his throat.

Domonick looked up at Jefferson as he finished, he scooted back slightly, still on the ground. He swallowed, and spoke, his words shaky, nervous,

”I ran away…I stayed away, because I was scared.” he took a deep breath and scooted back a little further, and stood up, his legs shaky. ”I understand that, that it may have been selfish, that what I did was wrong; but I was scared of coming back because of what people would think of me. That I was a fool, weak.”

He looked down at the ground, clutching his arm, his fist clenching. ”I regret every bit of it, I do wished I never left and I know,” He trailed off slightly, ”I know that I fucked it all up.” He continued to stare at the ground, his jaw clenched together, his legs shaking, and ears laid back.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Gonna get you titled now so you can post everywhere, but I'd love for this thread to continue if you want.

His rage subsiding, Jefferson began to think clearly once more; the standing fur around his shoulders and neck settled, his muscles relaxed, and the glow within his eye sunk away, concealing the monster within for another day. He had said before, he would say it again: None would mess with his members. Not even themselves.

"Why do you think you were Praeas once?" the beast said, tone at its natural, grainy level. "I trusted you at one of the most important ranks in the Valley. I wouldn't have put you there if I didn't think you could handle it. I trusted you, and for good reason."

A pause. "But you denied my trust and took off on us when we needed you. That enough would be grounds to exile you, ... but I'm not going to do that."

"Stand up," he said, turning away. He began walking, then stopped, lacerated and scarred back to him. "If you really regret leaving, if you want to make up for it, then you'd better leave that goddamn knife where it is and get behind me." His green eye turned darkly over his shoulder. "And if you so much as pull a hair out of your head to feel pain like that again, I'll show you a goddamn pain you'll forever instead."

And he began walking, though he knew the conversation was far from over.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]
OOC: Sorry for the length Sad

Domonick’s ears laid back, pressed against his head. He felt bad, but his fright was gone. Jefferson seemed to be calm now, so he was able to relax. He felt nervous still, seeing someone like that, especially someone like Jefferson, wouldn’t be something to just brush off so easily.

Domonick kept his arm held close to him, embarrassed by it more than anything. He nodded his head slightly as he listened to Jefferson, once again, too worried to really speak. The thought of being exiled flashed through his mind, not being allowed back, it made him almost sick. He shook his head, ridding his mind of that thought, he didn’t want to worry about that, a what could have been situation.

Domonick nodded again, and walked up behind Jefferson, ”I won’t touch it, besides; I don’t even think I could find it.” he chuckled a little, an attempt to try and lighten the tense mood. He knew it was his fault, so he attempted to laugh at it, although maybe it wasn’t the best time. ”I won’t doing anything like that again, it was stupid of me and risky.” He looked at the blood soaked cloth wrapped around his arm, disgusted at himself for being stupid enough to fall that low. At the moment, it released all the pain and tension, but afterwards, he always felt regret, which should have been a sign for him to stop.

”I missed this place.” he said under his breath.

<style>
</style>
[/html]