I can't stand the Rain...
# Character Name: Torrent Fault
# Character Birthdate (including year): January 3rd, 2010 - Age, 1 year.
# Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
# Species: Mixed
Eastern Timber Wolf (Canis lupus lycaon)
Labrador wolf Mix (Canis lupus labradorius)

# Gender: Male
# Currently played characters: Primary, only. More details in my profile.
# How you found 'Souls: I really wanted to find a solid role-play scene. This one seemed the best.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A quiet gruff left his muzzle. He could never decide which was worse, the snow or the rain. However, this... this wretched mix of wet snow that fell now. This was unacceptable. He had to wonder to himself. What being would bring this down upon those who walked it's earth? At least rain had a purpose, even if it was an annoyance. It helped to give birth to plants, and other life. The snow? No. It was cold, and deadly to those who weren't cautious. It buried problems, unlike the rain which washed it away. Then it would have the nerve to leave tracks of those who trespassed upon it's crystaline surface. How bothersome...

Never the less, he continued to trudge along, through patchs of mud and drifts of snow. He wasn't quite sure where he was heading to, just that he felt the need to wander. Largely, in part to his vague want to feel useful. Perhaps he'd never really felt useful anywhere. Is it abnormal to feel this way? Perhaps. He'd never really wonder, until he truly was alone. He was never sure what his use was, but being alone... That... That brought it to the foreground. Letting it linger infront of him as he wandered.

Even as he wandered in both his thoughts, and body. He was vaguely aware of a new scent nearby, even if he wasn't paying attention fully. He was smart enough to at-least be aware of pontentially wandering into a packs land. In his condition, he would be an even easier target then normal. He considered leaving, to show up still vaguely injured to another pack would only prove unfavorable. He sat near the edge, and considered. If it was an aggresive pack, chances are he was already known. Even if he was more of a fighter, he wouldn't be able to get far or defend himself against more then one. Even if it wasn't aggresive, chances are there was someone within a general area who could be aware of him.

After, a few more quiet moments of contemplation, he decided to at least make himself known. At worst, this would be his last day dealing with the wretched snow. At best, he could potentionally find a use for himself. As for the inbetween, He might be able to find some information about his where abouts and where might be best to head. He raised his muzzle, and let out a soft but audiable howl. Avoiding to let the howl linger and become bothersome. Yet keeping it up just enough to give any nearby wolf a good idea of his general area.

As soon as he was content with his howl, he lower himself to the ground. Keeping both his hind and front legs close to his body. Pulling his tail close to the ground and his body, he lowered his head to rest on his paws. A moment after howling, he regreted his decision. Mostly, in part to the fact he was now laying in a wet slush of snow and mud. He considered moving under a near by tree should it decide to rain again. Hiwever, he felt being more in the open would be more favorable to his howl. As he let this thought linger, he quietly mumbled aloud, "It's probably going to rain..."

[OOC : I apologize greatly if I spelled anything wrong, or my grammar was off. My word refused to work right for me. Also, I hope I did this right.

EDIT : Forgot form, more info is in my profile.

Word : 554]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © James; Hi hun, welcome. If you have any questions then don't be afraid to ask; 349 words

Sele knew exactly what it was to feel that way. It was about an everyday occurrence for her thoughts to stumble along that path. Just what was it did she have to show for herself? All of her children didn't need her around any longer. No one ever noticed when she would disappear for days at a time. She had nothing ever to present to the pack as a whole. She never had anything to show for herself. So it was a near daily occasion that she berated herself for being useless, among other things. So she knew just what it was like to have those thoughts and have them run your life. She couldn't ever escape no matter how hard she might try.

For the past few days or so they seemed to be having one visitor to the borders after another so she decided to go out and check. And just as she was headed that way she picked up on a howl. Perhaps the only thing that she had to show for what she did here was to catch most of the joiners and draw her sister's attention to the borders so that Nani could take care of accepting them. Walking on her hands, for she was unable to walk on her feet, she made her way to the borders, careful of the pits that had been throughout as a measure of safety for the pack. After all they've had intruders before.

She came close to the borders and found a male laying beyond them. She opened her mouth toe speak and introduce herself when she found that he was injured. She dropped her feet to the ground so that she could slip upon her hands and knees and crawl over. Maternal instinct took over and had her trying to lick at the wounds on the male's face. Of course she had forgotten how this had gotten her in trouble before. But it was just that kind and caring, at least towards others, that displayed itself. "Are you okay?" She finally was able to manage asking.

<style>
.selene-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.selene-a01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.selene-a01 b {color:#b07956; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.selene-a01 {background-color:#0d192b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... eimage.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.selene-a01-border {width:425px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.selene-a01 .inner { height:250px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]He wasn't quite sure what surprised him more. The fact the first wolf he saw, and realized was coming to greet him, was a female. Or, that she had begun to crawl towards him curiously. Even as she got closer he remained still, and low to the ground. When he realized she wasn't going to stop a few feet away, he became concerned. When he finally realzied she was about to lick at his wounds he pulled back a bit. still remaining where he was for the most part, he simply shifted away. Unsure of what to do in this instance, her question threw him off even more.

His one good eye blinked a few times in vague reconition. He had only been asked that question a couple of times, and even then it was from his mother or sister. Even then it was a question he knew only one response to, "...I apopligize for appearing before you weakened." He wasn't sure how else to respond, nor was he sure why he was being asked. Was it to gauge his ability to defend himself? Was she being sincere? If so... why? Even more so, he began to regret his words. The wariness was beginning to show, and that upset him more.[/html]

[word : 211]

[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © James; 302 words

She frowned slightly as he pulled away from her. But at least he didn't yell at her as the other had. That was a good thing at least. She backed away, allowing him to have his distance and personal space all over again. She remained sitting on her knees and stared towards the ground. "Sorry..." She apologized quietly. So stupid, she should have never tried that. She should have learned from the last time. She had been lucky that he hadn't told Nani about what she had done. How she had hurt him. If he had then she most likely wouldn't be here any longer. After all she was only here because it was her sister's pack. That was her only saving grace. She was family.

"You aren't weak. I... I'm sorry..." She was apologizing again. It was quite easy to tell that she lacked confidence and was worried about being in trouble all over again. There was no doubt that she would be berating herself over this later. And to think she had been doing quite well before this but then she had to go and screw it all up all over again. So stupid, she really was so stupid. Anyone else would have known better so why hadn't she?

She glanced up to the male before focusing on the ground once again. "This is Anathema. Are you looking for anyone in particular?" Perhaps she could make it up by finding just who it was that he was looking for. It was the only thing that she could think to do to help. She could deliver a message or round up just who it was that he was seeking. Perhaps then he really wouldn't tell on her for what she had done. Maybe then he would be able to forgive her.

<style>
.selene-a01 {background-color:#0d192b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... eimage.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; }
.selene-a01 .inner { height:250px; overflow:auto; margin:10px 10px 120px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
His wariness eased when she moved back to give him some space. Yet, the moment she showed remorse, it set him on edge. He wasn't sure what to make of it. He simply wasn't sure what to do, it was very unnerving. As she began to show discomfort he became even more on edge, moving back a bit. His front two paws moving to paw at the ground in from of him a bit. Even still his discomfort turned him to let out a soft whine. Still, he tried to remain low to the ground as much as possible.

When she asked him if he was looking for someone. He didn't have anyone he wanted to look for, and no one would want him to look for them. He was looking for something, but that wouldn't be answering her question. He let a soft whine escape his muzzle again, as he moved a bit to get a better look at her. Tilting his head a bit, he decided he should respond before he made things even more uncomfortable.

Trying to speak softly, but still firmly, "No... I'm not looking for anything. I was just looking for a place where I could prove useful..." He felt he could have added more, but he didn't wasn't sure what he could say. After a moment, he felt he should ask. She didn't seem to threatening, and if he really was in danger there wasn't anything he could really do. "I was wondering if..." He almost stopped, but he had to ask eventually, "I was wondering if you were looking for any more members, or If you knew of a place I could find some rest. Due to a series of events I'm a bit lost, and could use some time to get my barrings."

[Word : 301]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © James; 305 words

She hadn't meant to upset him all over again. Instead she was trying to put him at ease. But again she was failing at just that. Just something so small and she couldn't even get that right. It was another thing to show that she didn't really even belong. That she was completely and utterly worthless. She should just leave but how would that seem after she had begged Nani to let her come alone. But clearly her sister had to see by now just what a bad decision that had been.

She frowned and lowered her head even lower, tucking her head against her chest, as the male began to whine. She had no idea what to do or say to make any of it better. How could she when everything that she had tried thus far had failed miserably. What more was there left to be done or said? She was really bad at these sorts of situations. Just look at how she was floundering now.

But at least once the question came she could provide an answer. That was the one thing that she could do for she knew the answer to that. "Well uh, what skills do you have? How would you prove yourself useful?" She glanced up at the other for a moment before looking behind her and back into the lands. "We are a family here. There is a blood sharing ceremony to get accepted." She paused in what she was saying and focused on the other again. "Would you be willing to do that? To allow yourself be cut so that your blood could be combined with ours and make you a part of the family?" It was a ritual that everyone went through upon joining. They were made part of the family and of the same blood.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She wandered the borders now more than ever; they seemed to be having an influx of members lately, and she wanted to be sure that things were secure. The leader was meticulous about these sorts of details; yes, she could delegate power and ask Zepars to scout the border, but there were times that she wanted to do it for herself. Then she would know for sure that it was being done right.

The tall luperci found her sister with another stranger but wasn't too surprised by this fact; Selene seemed just as vigilant as her with the border these days. She trusted her sister to do a good job, as the girl had proven herself more than useful in this area...and was glad to have her watching her back. She approached just as the younger female was asking the stranger about his skills. Naniko noted the scars on this male, sights of a battle. Was he some kind of warrior?

The shifted female stood to listen to what Torrent had to say, introducing herself quietly. "Naniko D'Angelo. Sorry for the interruption. Just saw you over here talking to my sister. She is right about the blood sharing ceremony...it's an important part of becoming a member of this pack. It's not too big of a cut." She pointed to her dagger, jade eyes upon the stranger to watch for his reaction.

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC : [Thanks James] I'm like a cute cuddly koala but... not.

With direct questions, he could answer. He could think clearly and respond. Closing off the emotions that up til this point, had spiralled out. A part of his was relieved, until he noticed the other wolf coming up near them. He kept it noted, but he didn't want to show any signs that would make them think he was trouble. It was bad enough he was still noticably injured. He lowered himself as flat as possibly, nearly missing what the first wolf had asked him.

He listened and was a bit unnerved by this, blood sharing cheremony. He was already injured, to him another cut would simply but that, another cut. As the other chimed in to fill out the statement. He was very concerned by the thoughts of the cut. After all if they genuinely wanted to hurt him, he would be an easy target. As he nodded his head a bit, he remained quiet until he was sure both were done talking, choosing to give it some time before respond. Doing everything he could to not offend either, "Well... To answer the first question, I don't have a large set of skills. I'm not the best fighter, as seen by my injuries. I do have some knowledge when it comes to practicing medicine. I never got lessons due to me being male, however I do know some of the basics. I am also capable at other tasks such as net making, sewing, and cooking. I learned what I could but I was never formally taught since those are tasks that are deemed for the females and I am male."

The moments after saying that stunned him, what if they took offense, what if they were insulted? He almost whined, but stopping himself. He had already shown himself weak as it is, he couldn't continue. He moved to the next question when he realized he had stumbled long enough to be noticed, "As for the blood sharing, I already have more then a few cuts. Another one wouldn't prove to hinder me. I understand if you choose to see me prove my worth first, I didn't expect even this much of a welcome."

He turned his head a bit so he could see both of the other wolves more easily. Even as he did this he put his right paw out there to show he was willing to prove himself...

[/html]

[word: 401]
[html]
Perhaps have Selene offer to show him back to the caves? Would that be ok?

She took the paw without question, reaching beneath it to make a quick and nearly effortless cut on his pawpad. She pricked her own finger with the sharp point of her dagger then, pressing the two cuts together. Naniko had performed this ceremony with nearly every member of the pack, excluding those who were already blood-related to another member. He was a stranger with no blood ties as far as she knew.

"We find value in each canine here...we'll find some use for you. You made it here, so you must be at least a decent scout and hunter. You showed respect by not crossing into our lands without permission. Here any canine may do whatever task suits them...if you'd like to become a cook or crafstman then we will not stop you. For now we'll accept you as a Zepar, the basic rank, until you've healed and proven yourself capable." The green-eyed Angela said. "Welcome to Anathema."

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © James; Sorry for the delay, eating and then friend wanted to hang out and talk for awhile. But yes, Sele can show him the caves; 315 words

She offered up a smile to her sister, not even having to call her this time. It seemed that Nani thought to make a rounds of the borders because of all the new joiners that they had lately. All that Sele had been present for so far. So while she couldn't seem to do anything to actually prove her own worth she could at least find those that were willing to prove theirs. That was the very least that she seemed able to do. After all she only found them and her sister always took care of all the rest. Actually she had no idea why she was even waiting around here anyways.

But then again the whole process was over and done with before she could even make an excuse to leave or anything of the such. The other was made a member before she had the chance to sneak away. She glanced from Nani to the newest member of the family. She was faltering, she had no idea what to do now. She couldn't just walk away now. She gave another glance between the two before finally speaking up.

"I can show you where we stay. We are living in caves underground. It will probably take a bit to get used to the system but you can pretty much pick out where you want to stay." She offered, figuring that Nani still had some things to take care of given the quickness of the procedure. Sele would simply have to wait until the new joiner was settled in before she could punish herself. It wasn't the first time though. She had done this a few times before. She didn't like to wait but she could do it. She had done it before and she could do it again. And if she messed this up then you would have more to punish herself for.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC : [Thanks James.] .

The green-eyed Angela said. "Welcome to Anathema."

Those words still echoed in his mind. Welcome... He'd never been welcomed before. He barely knew these wolves and they were welcoming him. What was this Anathema? Then even as he was wondering that, the first wolf spoke up. Caves..? He's only been in a cave when he was younger. As he got older, more and more he was asked to be apart from the rest of the pack. Both through direct and indirect means. He was weak and didn't deserve the same things the rest of his old pack did. Would this be the same..?

They were nice enough this far, perhaps he should ask? "Would... Would I be allowed to sleep in there? I understand if not. I'm still new, but if not is there some place I could sleep with some cover? I really hate the rain and snow." As he said this he began to stand up cautiously. Trying not to be disrespectful, but laying on the ground as he was his leg was beginning to hurt. It wasn't immediately noticable when he was sitting down. However, if he stood up and someone was paying enough attention they could see it was still injured. As he shifted his weight to his other legs, it dawned on him. He didn't know these wolves names, with a warm tone to his voice he spoke, "My name is Torrent Fault. It is a pleasure to be welcomed either way." A faint smile crossed his muzzle.

[/html]

[word : 253]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © James; 318 words

The question of his surprised her. It was where the pack, the family, stayed. He had been welcomed into the pack so why did he think that he couldn't stay in the caves where everyone else was? She glanced to her sister before looking back to the male once more. "Of course you can sleep there. Everyone sleeps there. You don't have to if you don't want to. We have the forest and down to the shore as well." So there were other place if he really didn't want to stay in the caves around everyone else. She knew there were times that she just liked to get away. but wouldn't know of any place that offered shelter besides a cave.

It was only after Torrent gave his name did she realize that names hadn't been exchanged. She was really slipping up with this one. She hadn't had any sort of information ready for her sister by the time that she came. Usually she had all of that. "I am Selene D'Angelo." She glanced to her sister then looked back to the male. All names had been exchanged so she figured that they would be free to go now. She gave a slight nod of her head towards the newest member to lead him along.

She placed herself on her hands again, balancing her weight in a handstand. It was something everyone else around here got used to. It was the only way that she could move about other than crawling. "The caves are this way. The dens are to one side and the storage rooms at another." She explained a bit about the system as she walked, leading the way. She figured that she would at least let him know what to expect. That he can find where everyone to live on one side and not the other. Maybe it would help him slightly from getting lost.

<style>
</style>[/html]