what she said.
[html]

Once she had been the most beautiful of them all, with pelt of pristine snow and eyes of precious emeralds. He knew not if his queen had changed, but he wondered if he had. Ruby eyes had gazed toward the entrance of the tunnel where the royal woman lived, but he knew better than to disturb Anathema’s leader without valid cause. His confusion was not her business, and it would be unfair to draw her into it in pursuit of logic. He could understand how simple matters could become complicated now.

He settled in the empty common room, turning his gaze from the queen’s cave and down at the rocky ground. The stick he had tried to form into something of a wooden sword for practise was not ideal in any way. It was much lighter than the katana he had taken from his mother’s destroyed room. He knew that the quality balance he wielded while holding the sword could not match anything of lesser superiority, but he knew he was not yet worthy of handling the sword the way it was supposed to.

Dark claws scratched against the rough handle, slowly carving the two-dimensional figure of a winged creature. He was nothing like the silvery songbird, with his black wings and careless soul. But perhaps he could learn to fly anyway, for he was weightless.

<style type="text/css">
.itachihilli {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/itachi.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#000; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid white;}
.itachihilli2 {padding:170px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#C39945; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.itachihilli b {color:#FFE1A5; font-family:georgia;}
.itachihilli p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>
Table by Hilli
[/html]
[html]

She emerged from her den with a light yawn. Naniko had taken to sleeping at odd hours of the day, catching little bits of sleep whenever she could. The leader realized that the pack was growing, but hadn't realized what a strain it would put on her already busy day. She had taken to only answering the most pressing of issues, trying to make time to scout the border and interact with Scorpius whenever she saw him. She didn't have many friends, exactly, more just...packmates.

The female came into the common room, jade eyes turning this way and that. She didn't know what to start with at this time, if she ought to head out to the borders now or later. Naniko started for the tunnel that led outside before a movement to the side caught her attention. "Oh, I almost didn't see you, Itachi" She turned toward him. "What's that you've got?"

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

It was suiting that it was the pale woman’s form that was the first to lend him her presence. Itachi had no reason to seek to socialize with the majority of the members of the pack he belonged to. It happened that he actively sought out another, but he rarely appreciated when others intruded on his solitude. There were always exceptions to that rule, but those were uncommon. Sunset painted eyes followed the pale optime, but while he had noticed her the moment she entered the room, it took time for her to acknowledge his presence. Perhaps he was better at fading into the background than he had thought.

”Greetings, Naniko,” he returned, dipping his maw in respect for Anathema’s Queen. Was he still a mere child in her eyes? It was strange for him to consider how he might look in the eyes of the other. Her features remained beautiful to maroon eyes, and therefore they would linger. She asked about the object he held in his hands, and he willingly presented it to her, lifting the wooden weapon up in his palms so that she could see it better. ”I’m not yet worthy to wield a true weapon,” he calmly explained, though he had trained with the stolen twin sword already. He did not like it though, for it was wrong to handle such a pristine thing without knowing how to use it correctly.

<style type="text/css">
.itachihilli {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/itachi.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#000; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid white;}
.itachihilli2 {padding:170px 10px 10px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#C39945; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.itachihilli b {color:#FFE1A5; font-family:georgia;}
.itachihilli p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>
Table by Hilli
[/html]
[html]

The tunnel that she had emerged from was dark, and her jade eyes adjusted to the light as she came farther toward him. The common room was the best lit room within the complex thanks to the many torches that hung on the walls. "Greetings" She said in response to him, looking at the weapons that he held.

They were explained soon enough, and she nodded to him as she looked them over. They didn't look like they could hurt anyone too badly. "I'm terrible with weapons, myself. I'm not as bad with hand to hand combat. That's why I have my daggers...so I can get in closer to them and give them a nice jab with their poisoned tips." She explained. "I'd like to learn a different weapon sometime, though."

<style type="text/css">
.nani22 {width:400px; background-image:url('http://www.ghostecho.net/souls/ana/naniko.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#AFC4CC; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid black;}
.nani222 {padding:10px 10px 85px 10px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#384F57; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.nani22 b {color:#476571;}
.nani22 p {text-indent:39px; margin:0px;}
</style>[/html]