Lost
With a sigh, the small wolf admitted to himself that he was lost. He had been running around the pack's territory for hours, and he had not yet found a sign of other wolves. He would just have to fend for himself then. With this sudden realization, Bruciare stopped looking for other pack members and started looking for food. He looked around, and saw what could have been a rabbit scurrying through the brush. He sniffed the air. It was definitely a rabbit. Bruciare started slowly stalking his prey, getting ready to attack. With a sudden explosion of energy, the rabbit leaped away. The small Italian wolf ran after it. After a short chase, he had the rabbit in his jaws, dead. Now he needed a fire.

Bruciare had tried raw meat only once, and he definitely preferred it cooked. He had learned how to start fires along time ago, when he was a puppy. It seemed to come naturally. He started making a small pile of twigs and grass, surrounded by a tepee like structure made of small branches. Once this was burning, he started adding larger logs until he had a real fire going. Then he got three more large branches and made a spit to roast the rabbit on. He turned it every ten minutes or so until it was golden brown, then it was ready to eat. He sat back to enjoy his meal, staring blankly into the fire, thinking about his life.

As he stared, a thought came to him. He wanted to let someone else know where he was, but he had no way of contacting them. As he looked at the smoke trailing up from the fire, he got an idea. By throwing damp grass or wood onto the fire, he could create lots of smoke, which could potentially signal to someone that he was there. Now that he had a plan, he started gathering the wet wood. As soon as he put it on the fire, large plumes of white smoke rose up above the trees. Hopefully, someone would see it and help him find his way back to the rest of the pack.

(OOC: I'm so proud that I know all that about fires and cooking stuff on spits. Yesterday I actually got a chance to try all of that FOR REAL. Slightly less rewarding than I thought it would be, but now I can show off here! Smile )
[html]
Sankara

Word Count→000 :: OOC: Really? it's difficult to turn on a fire...at least for me D: BTW, you didn't rate your post, so i suppose that it is AW X3

Sankara walked out of the water as the sky began to leave space for twilight. Her pelt was soaked, and her limbs where a bit limp for the change of being on the water and then going back to solid land. She shaked the excess of water opff her body and trotted towards her handmade shelter, absolutely happy. Since the weather had warmed up a bit, she had wondered wether it was a good idea to take a swim or not. At the beginning, when she jumped into the water, she had felt the cold get through her and reach her bones, but soon, after making a massive effort on moving her body, she had actually began to enjoy the swim.

It hadn't lasted more than an hour, but it had surely left the wolfess too tired to do anything else than to lay inside her shelter as soon as she reached it. All she had gotten to soften the hard floor was grass, musk, and some pine needles, but it all was better than nothig, and it surely felt like heaven to rest her paws on the soft substratum. She wasn't aware about how much she had laid there, but suddenly she felt the smell of cooked meat in the air. Sankara perked her head up with curiosity and exited her small home. Not far away from her she saw a light patch of smoke on the sky, which got darker as the sun closed to the earth. "What would that be?" Being as curious as she was, she managed to stand up, ignoring her numb limbs, and walked slowly towards the source of the smoke.

As she moved further, she noticed a change on the smell. Now it smelled less like meat and more like burnt plants. And the smoke became more abundant. Sankara's senses reacted to the smoke and assossiated it with the only thing that had ever scared her that much. Fire. Sankara's eyes widened, and she stopped right there. She was undecided on wether warn the rest of the pack or go and try to turn the flames off by herself. At the possibility of putting somebody in danger, she sprinted towards the point of light that had appeared on the distance; but her limbs were a bit weak, so she had to stop every now and then to recover.

Finally, she arrived at the source of everything. Behind the tree she was standing by, she saw a wolf sitting before a small fire. For his looks, it seemed as if he had been eating, and now he was only resting. That explains the smell of cooked meat...but why was he making a fire on the first place? to call for attention?. The fire was controlled, so there was no possibility of there being a fire. So, passed the first fright, Sankara made herself present with a low whine. "Humm...hi" The wolfess approached a few steps before stopping. This made her notice the warm air coming from the area surrounding the fire. She suddenly had a strong desire of getting close to the conforting warmth. But she held herself. First the first thing first. "My name is Sankara...why where you sending those smoke signals? i thought that there was a fire or something."

<style> .sankara-moon p {padding:5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;} .sankara-moon b {color:#5a8cbf;} .sankara-moon-b {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;} .sankara-moon-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#243c54; text-shadow:#cdeafc 0px 0px 5px; margin:-7px auto; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:10px 0px 0px 0px; width:400px;} .sankara-moon-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; } .sankara-moon {background-color:#000000; border:1px solid #5a8cbf; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/orin/Sankara-moon.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, arial; font-size:11px; color:#becbc2; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;} .sankara-moon-divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #5a8cbf; width:85%; margin:0px auto;} </style> [/html]