woke up new
[html]

The church is outside of Berwick on the west side, by the vineyards ^^ . 420

Nayru gently pushed the heavy wooden door open and stepped gingerly inside, sure that no one had entered this home since her mother and father had fled from it. Or rather, it wasn’t a home any longer. Simply it was just a church, a tiny one and one long forgotten. The stain glass windows, once kept clear, were covered in dust and grime, as were the insides of the small building. Cobwebs coated the pews and the small altar up front, and that was all she found in the big front room. A small door in the back led to smaller living quarters and she moved through them, holding her breathe as she entered a home that should have been her’s but never was.

The fireplace in the small kitchen had long been left unlit, although a pile of dry wood lay next to it as if the inhabitant of the small living quarters attached to the church had intended to come home and warm up the place. The two toned woman wandered here and there, touching the walls, the pews, the door frames and wondering what life would have been like if she was born here, as was intended according to Farore. Yet no, she was only conceived here and Nayru shied away from the sunken and molded mattress in the tiny bedroom that her mother and father must have once shared. She shifted through the wooden desk and found nothing; if Cercelee and Slay had any personal belongings then they must have taken them with them. There were no clues here and so she moved on.

Moving through the back door she found a small well and garden patch out back, both dried up and dead. Around the corner of the church a small door led down into a cellar and Nayru forced the door open. In the cellar Nayru discovered many forms of dried meats and squirreled away bottles of wine. It was clear that her mother and father had meant to stay here for a very long time. Idly she bit off a tiny piece of dried rabbit meat and found it was still good. It was only a little over a year since her mother must have run away. With a heavy sigh she left everything where she found it and moved back up and out into the sunlight. Slumping against the stone wall of the church, the young alpha closed her eyes and breathed deeply. Breathing in the future and breathing out the past.

<style type="text/css">
.nay b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nay .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:290px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8d1820; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/nayr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Aight <3

A soft sigh escaped the lips of Siku, frustration apparent on her face as she travelled briskly. She barely knew where she was going, but she had a good idea of where to find Nayru. Her new leader. The snow white Dahlian could not believe her best friend when he had given her the news of Conor's sudden departure. However, she was not as surprised to find that the two toned she-wolf was in his place as Alpha. Nayru had not told Siku in their first encounter; about her second highest rank. Perhaps she hadn't thought it important at the time, but it surely was now. Golden eyes shifted from the ground to the sky, and Siku sighed once more as she walked on. There was worry in her heart, and little enthusiasm in her travel. If Siku were to be honest with herself, she would know that she was nervous. Nervous about how things were to turn out for the pack, as well as how the friendship with her only female friend would be.

Hearing of Nayru's last whereabouts to be near Berwick, the Wahrer cast away her hesitation and headed through on Optime legs. It was strange at first, walking everywhere on two legs. Slower. Yet Siku found she enjoyed having the ability to use her hands. There was so much more to life when you had thumbs. The woman ran a hand through her hair absent mindedly as she came to a stop, eyes on the person she had been searching for all morning. "Nayru," Heart beating much slower than before, Siku moved to approach her new leader with respectful haste. The ruby eyed woman was still quite a ways away, leaning against the church Siku had never bothered to enter. What was she doing here? Siku made no attempt to ask. Instead she smiled silently, and moved to settle herself directly next to the Alpha. The young woman relaxed for a moment before turning her head to the other, golden eyes avoiding Nayru's as she spoke softly. "He didn't want us any more?" It was a childish question for sure, but the white woman was so confused by the cinnamon coloured man's sudden disappearance that she couldn't bring herself not to ask. It was just so unexpected.

<style>
.moonbird-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.moonbird {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.moonbird b {color:#5c3c77; font-weight:bold;}
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Even before Siku's voice penetrated her clam Nayru knew of the woman's approach. The foot falls and her scent alerted the alpha before anything else could and the patch work woman did not choose to open her eyes to the early signs. Even as Nayru mumbled her own greeting in reply to Siku's, the woman's ruby gaze did not lift lids to made eye contact. The so soft mutter, "Siku…" was made blindly. It was only when Siku's soft inquiry made Nayru aware of her own confusion and hurt did her eyes slide open to appraise Siku visually. The all white woman, a few months older than Nayru, as in some ways more childlike and innocent. Nayru breathed in slowly, taking on what she knew to be her task.

"He is confused." They did not need to specify whom they spoke of, and partly Nayru didn't even want to speak his name. She had not seen Bris since the man's departure and had no idea how Eclipse dealt with such abandonment. Gideon too would probably be upset, Conor had been his guardian as well. Yet Nayru could not allow herself to feel the sting that Conor had caused all of them, she had to be a pillar for them. No hurt or regret was even hinted to in her tone, and her calm gaze lacked any uncertainties. "He is confused and we'll be here if he comes back. If not, we'll still be here." What else could she say to Siku, still new enough to be settling in and now one of the few wolves they all depended on up and gone?

<style type="text/css">
.nay .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:290px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nay {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#8d1820; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... l/nayr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait <3

Golden eyes scanned the skies as Nayru spoke, and Siku curled herself up next to the bi coloured Alpha as her soft voice tried to explain. He is confused, the younger she-wolf sounded as if she was not worried nor upset by this. Perhaps he was to come back. Rounded ears pricked forward as Siku wrapped her arms around her legs, chin on her knees as she glanced from the blue skies to her Alpha. "Is he- She began, restrained hope lacing her tone. However, Nayru foresaw the question and answered just as smoothly. We'll be here if he comes back, if not we will still be here.

Just as she expected, no one had a freaking clue as to whether he was coming back or not. Siku wondered what he said upon leaving, wondered why. There were so many questions that she knew no one could answer. "I think we will be okay. I also understand that everything has changed for you." Siku spoke with a lightness, a delicate concern that she tried not to convey. Nayru was younger than herself, and Siku knew they both had yet to reach their adulthood though they were close. To juggle growing as a woman, as well as guiding Dahlia in it's growth, would be a challenge. Siku had no doubts though, her trust in Nayru's strength surprisingly vast."Your greenhouse.."

"Will you still tend to it this summer?" Golden eyes drifted to Nayru's face, and Siku tilted her head to the side in question. This, she could ask about. "I was hoping I could help," The woman spoke in an almost business like manner now, still curled up against the wall and her Alpha. "If Saul becomes the Apothecary I would like to assist him, by gathering and growing all the proper plants he will need." The white faced wolf was confident that she could be a help to their pack, not a bother. She put off finding her place in Dahlia once Conor disappeared, but now it was imperative that she claim some sort of job other than patrolling. Anxious to hear the answer, Siku shifted to sit properly again and clasp her hands. Fidgeting was a habit she never became aware of.

<style>
.moonbird {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#848488; background-image:url(http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8168/souls77.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:270px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a3a7b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No worries luff. 559

The pure woman settled herself in next to Nayru, and although the two toned woman was largely unaccustomed to the physical contact of others, save a select few, this closeness comforted her in a way she did not realize she needed comforting. Siku was new still in many ways, and yet a bond had already been forged between the two women and surely as they navigated the flood waters now it would only grow stronger. Nayru could sense the concern in Siku's voice, but if Nayru herself felt any she did not show it. Simply she remained a rock, steady and strong and solid, next to the girl who surely felt confused and hurt at Conor's departure, still so fresh in all their minds.

Much to Nayru's relief they turned the conversation from the man himself and to her. It had not escaped anyone how young and inexperienced Nayru was, but the girl was not concerned about that. Perhaps she should have been, Conor himself had been mostly a child when he took the reins, perhaps that had been part of why he had broken so easily. And yet Nayru did not feel the pressure they all imaged she did, as least not as strongly as they all imagined she did. Mostly she did not want to let them down, but as set and stubborn as she was in her ways she knew she would not allow this. Hearing Siku's words of reassurance only strengthened this resolve. If they believed in her she had no choice but to prove them right.

"My greenhouse?" Siku began a new train of thought and Nayru's voice came smoothly, less distant and thoughtful. This was the here and now; these were the issue they had to deal with. They did not have to dwell on insult and injury, but could instead work together towards a better future. Work to make Dahlia de Mai greater than it had been. "Yes. Soon I will begin to gather plants to fill it again. I would greatly appreciate that help, especially if you can identify the plants that would be useful to Saul. " The man had been the one to heal her head wound and this had not gone unnoticed. Sooner or later, sooner hopefully, she would granted him that corank. He deserved it and Dahlia de Mai needed it. "Perhaps even," Nayru turned and smiled then, cheering at this prospect. She was indeed the alpha and that gave her authority she had yet to take advantage of "perhaps we could grant you a corank of your own. We need a Horticulturist I feel. It would be a great help to Saul in his endeavors and to me personally."

Ruby eyes lit up as they caught golden ones, trying to decide how Siku felt about this offer before she verbalized a response. And yet, so excited by the knowledge she could simply fill any need she saw in her pack, she hurried on. "I wish to utilize our farm lands and especially our vineyards. We can make wine again, for ourselves and to trade with the others packs. I need someone who understands plants. You seemed to have a good grasp already, Siku." And there she stopped, unwilling to discuss it any further until she had some inkling of the older woman's feelings on the ideas.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3

Thoughts and worries settled and plans began to form as Siku listened to Nayru, the words lingering in Siku's mind as she registered the Alpha's input. 'Corank of your own'. A spark of interest lighting her pale face, Siku nodded as she smiled back eagerly. "That sounds perfect for me! I'd love to," she spoke fast, intent to hear what else the ruby eyed she-wolf had to say. Excitement grew for both women as Nayru continued to vocalize her thoughts. There was still hope for Dahlia, as long as there were souls like them who still cared. The plants would still grow and the sun would continue to rise. Action needed to be taken, but Dahlia was okay. Or would be. Good. Siku's round ears relaxed against her head as her tail waved about pleasantly, and the Wahrer listened to her alpha with ever growing, silent interest.

"I'm going to need some help with figuring out the whole wine situation, but other than that I think we can do this!" Siku smiled optimistically, golden eyes on the skies and her mind elsewhere now. There was much to do, much to learn and more to discover. The coming summer and fall would probably be busier than what the white wolf was used to, she knew. It was an exciting task to look forward to as well as plan for. So confident in Nayru and their pack, Siku had no concerns about whether it would be successful. She only planned.

A hand extending forward to bat around Nayru's tail playfully, Siku spoke with a dreamy yet practical tone as she explored the topic further. "I have a grasp, yes. Not quite good yet," Siku stopped to give a grin to the Alpha before she continued to bat at her tail again. "But I'll get there. We can play it as we go, it's the perfect time of year to start. Shall we focus on the vineyard? We'll have to fix it up I'd imagine." Pausing to breathe, another thought entered the young woman's mind. Golden eyes attempted to meet ruby now as she spoke curiously. "Shall we grow marijuana as well?" The white faced wolf had no clue what the answer might be, having had little experience with the plant herself. However she knew it was potentially useful and therefore worth mentioning.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<333 343

The girl's enthusiasm for the corank lifted Nayru's heart. Her and Saul would become pillars for Dahlia de Mai, of that the young woman was sure. If Gideon or Saluce could have filled in those roles, Nayru would have been pleased. But the raven Stormbringer was a hermit most of the time and Saluce had left shortly before Conor. They had both proven Nayru wrong, but she was not discouraged. The universe provided for all needs, and Saul and Siku were proof of that. It seemed whenever storm clouds started to thicken there was always a ray of light or two that could penetrate.

"I've already started clearing away some of the overgrowth in the vineyards. Farore is helping out also, once you understand what needs to be done then you can tell her what to do. " Her sister was far too intelligent to be someone's right hand man, but the ivory woman with the ink stains seemed uninterested in applying herself further. At least the girl was earning her keep somehow now, even if she remained obstinate in most other matters.

The next question that came from Siku's lips caused Nayru to smile her sly, almost shy, smile. It had taken Nayru a while to identify the plant she had smoked with Razekiel, and then after knowing what to look for it had taken a while to find the plant growing. It had been with the tobacco near Flander's Field, but it grew quite wildly after having been moved to the green house. "I've already begun. " Yet she didn't know how to dry it or prepare it or any of that. There was still much to figure out, but they would do it. And do it well. "I've gathered quite a few plants since the snow storm. I had to repair the roof on the greenhouse, most of the older plants died. I've almost gotten it back to where it was though." And by the end of summer, the amount of green they could grow in that thing was unimaginable.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]