Here Comes the Rain
[html]

Yay!

Word Count → 300+

Layla padded the earth with large black optime paws. A backpack was slung over her right shoulder and her simple red loincloth draped before her groin from a rope. The loincloth did little to give her any modesty and was seemingly pointless. She wore it because of its personal significance. Plus, it emphasized her hips well. Silver studs and a few ear cuffs started to weigh down in her ears, but after flicked them several times, the heavy sensation went away. Wind pulled her hair in all direction but her face. Though one could see little of the sky through the Serena Reserve's canopy, but what could be seen was cloudy. According to her inner clock, it was just after noon. The air was moist and Layla knew she’d be rained on soon.

As black forelegs carried her on her path, her dominantly white maw hung slack, taking in messages from the air. She had been walking a fine line, the AniWaya border, and was being cautious not to cross the scent barrier. Layla had traveled southwest to get here, and for what? She was certainly not going to join. No, she was hoping to cross paths with Liliana Utina, a wonder female who was teaching her to ride horses. Layla hardly knew the basics, but could hardly get enough of the strange prey that wasn't.

So far, the female had had no luck in her hoped for chance meeting. Sighing, her fluffy black tipped white tail lowered. Shaking her head, Layla lifted her own spirits by telling herself that someone would come. Someone would happen along and she could ask when would be a good time to catch her. The strange female was not normally one of irascible qualities. Whatever wolf stumbled upon her would most likely enjoy her friendly company, as many already had. This is fortunate as Layla's own birth pack had been largely unfriendly to outsiders.

<style>
.layla-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.layla-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.layla-t51 b {color:#0A0D1B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

The Austral man swayed gently with the motion of the she mare that was slowly plodding along her way with him on her back. No tack or saddle graced the mare's back and sides and no saddle bags were tied to her either, no bit was clenched between the herbivore's teeth that could still give a sharp pinch when she felt the need. But for now she was content to walk along her way, pausing every now and again to nibble on some new grass shoots or shrubs. Spring was almost over and summer fast approaching which the Clydesdale would be happy about.

As the pair traveled along AniWaya's borders together, the earth and chocolate male hummed gently to himself and his horse in Spanish, his white eyes scanned around himself carefully even as his body maintained the illusion of being completely relaxed and inattentive to his surroundings. He let the black female with the white star on her forehead lead wherever she would, knowing even if she drifted from the borders of their home that she would not wander far. Faith nodded her head as though agreeing with his thoughts and snorted gently before returning to her munching.

A soft, feminine scent drifted to his nose and León sat up straight suddenly from his lounge position. Obligingly the mare stopped and scent tested the air with her canine keeper knowing what it was that he was searching for. Although both owner and owned could converse with spoken language if they wanted to the pair rarely did for they were so in tune with each other that they could often figure out from bodily cues what was wanted and needed. Now Faith steered him towards the smell of a female and León's eye roamed the forest around him searching for its owner until eventually they came across the white, black and grey femme with blue eyes and a splash of red across her muzzle.

The man clicked his tongue to stop his mount and the black Clydesdale obliged, stomping a hoof gaily against the ground and flicking her head proudly. The man dismounted from his horse and walked the rest of the way to the female. His eyes took in her form for but a second before they replaced themselves onto the much smaller woman's face. She was small by his standards and stood almost a foot below his head,

"Hola Mademoiselle. Is there anything I can do for you on this día?"

León does. "León speaks." León thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.leonstars b {font-weight:bold; color:#150d61; letter-spacing:1px; }
.leonstars .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.leonstars p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.leonstars {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ehY1v.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3e0e6a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks for understanding, but sorry it took so long despite everything!

Word Count → 400+

Unsurprisingly, Layla was correct in her reassurances about running into someone. It didn't take long for that unique clip-clop sound of footsteps from hooves, a sound she had heard only once before. Ears pricked and tail curled up, Layla peered through the landscape in her anticipation to place her blue gaze on the large yet magnificent creature that was the source of the footsteps. Her hand gripped the strap of her pack. Would it be Liliana and Grace? That would be very, very fortunate; a laughably lucky coincidence, for sure.

Fate was not going to show its sense of humor this day. Out from the green of Serena Reserve stepped a dark monstrous sized being that Layla had recently learned to call "horse". It had a star on it's head and no male genitalia between it's rear legs and the fae classified it as a mare. This mare was much larger than Grace the chestnut. Off of her back, a brown male dismounted and walked towards her. Layla walked to meet him half way, showing none of the effect his proud companion had on her.

As he looked her over, a thing she was starting to get used to, she quickly scanned from head to toe with her blue eyes. He was taller, having to look down on her with his white eyes. This close up, Layla could notice the different shades of brown and the tints of black. A blue feather hanging from his neck caught her glance briefly. Meeting those white eyes, she gave a small curt smile. The male spoke with a Spanish accent that graced her ears. True Spanish had always seemed like a purr to her compared to the harsh German many of her elders in her birth pack spoke.

"Hola Señor. I was hoping to meet with the AniWaya femme Liliana Utina. I was hoping to learn more about equines," Layla said briskly. Sticking her right hand out, she said, "I am Layla, a simple loner, I doubt she spoke of me. We only met briefly." Running her spare black hand through her thick mane of ringlets, she continued, "If she is busy, maybe there is a better time to come back?" She gave a half of a smile from her white maw. "I'm sorry, but that horse is quite impressive. Liliana's Grace took me by surprise but this... I have no words for her."

<style>
.layla-t51 {background-color:#6E7798; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JZVmk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #C5CCF4; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#282B3A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.layla-t51 .inner {margin:200px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: solid; border-color:#282B3A;}
.layla-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #282B3A; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

ooc text..

500+ 5+

León was surprised when the woman spoke back to him in his own language, he had not met many who spoke Spanish in 'Souls.. in fact he and his brother and daughter were the only ones who he knew for certain spoke the language of the Spaniards. Faith harrumphed next to him and nodded her head again in the strange way that equines did for no discernible reason, like himself the mare towered over this woman before them and he wondered how large Faith would see to one who was shorter than her. Her smile was returned to her from two sets of lips although only one she would likely be able to decipher. Many would not think that Faith had a language, assuming that horses were stupid prey animals but that was quite the contrary, horses were very intelligent in León's two year experience of owning a horse.

He took the hands that was offered to him and shook it, his hand dwarfing the petite coal black appendage belonging to the woman who introduced herself as Layla the loner. His ears fell slightly as Layla mentioned someone who he did not know, if she was of AniWayan pack then León did not know the spoken of female in his short time within AniWaya borders and ranking. His smile was understanding as she mentioned Faith's substantial height and length, not in his lifetime had León seen a horse as big as Faith apart from the positively giant male owned by his brother, Strength had another 4 inches on Faith.

"Faith is large but she is a gentle soul, she would no more hurt you than she would hurt myself. We have known each other our entire two years of life and she shares the day of my birth with me as well." As though to prove her gentleness Faith pushed her soft muzzle forwards, sniffing at the white and black femme with interest, searching for a muzzle rub or treats hidden somewhere on the female. In answer to her earlier questions the man spoke again, his voice slow and methodical and his accent making a strong appearance.

"I'm sorry to say that I do not yet know the woman you speak of, I've only been in AniWaya a short time so the number of older members I do know is very limited." The man paused here for a second and cleared his throat softly before continuing. "However I am knowledgeable about equines myself, if you're truly interested in learning more I could take you to the AniWaya stables and show you what you wish to learn." The only student he had taught was his own daughter and she had been raised around Faith, it would be interesting to the man to teach a pupil who might have grown up not knowing a lot about horses. Suddenly aware that he was still holding her delicate paw in the grasp of his huge hand he dropped it and smiled at her a little embarrassed, he had not noticed they had still been holding hands.

<style>
.LaOr p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.LaOr b {font-family:verdana; color:#d78a1f; text-shadow:#d78a1f 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.LaOr-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.LaOr-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#d78a1f; text-shadow:#d78a1f 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.LaOr-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.LaOr {background-color:#392813; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/1034/tbl2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 219px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

Yay! We're on our way!

Word Count → 400+

Layla had been raised in a German dog pack and like all pups, she and her siblings were put into the rigorous training program. They were each trained the basics. Hunting, swimming, fire making, first aid, and all the rest. They had fast paced physical education. Pilates, yoga, boxing, and more. Languages were included with their education. Layla happens to be able to speak English, German, Gaelic, French, and Latin. Because of her Latin knowledge, she was taught simple tricks to learning basic Spanish and Italian. She could not as of yet talk in low-speech, however.

Faith nodded and did other general equine actions that she was starting to become familiar with. Layla's hand suddenly seemed dainty to her as León accepted her greeting. His chocolate ears fell slightly, telling Layla that he didn't quite know what she was talking about. Yet he sported an understanding smile that wouldn't let her frown. Layla's inked ears perked up at the knowledge that the mare was indeed friendly. A gentle giant of sorts, by the sounds of it. "Wow, you are very lucky," she said.

Speaking seemed to draw Faith's attention. She was soon snuffling at Layla. Remembering back to her previous meeting with Liliana Utina and Grace, Layla offered her hand, flat and palm up. "I apologize I have nothing but jerky in my pack," Layla told the mare. She didn't know if the horse would understand her or not, but regardless she'd like to think that Faith could. León's deep accented voice brought back her attention. Her blue eyes connected with his oddly pale gaze and the warmth of his hands on hers became aware. "Well, I'm equally sorry to hear that. She really is quite the femme," Layla said.

The brown male paused and proposed a new option. Layla look up to the sky, checking the current state of the weather. Looking back at León, Layla said, "I smell rain on the way. A stable has a roof, yes? I would love my efforts to not be in vain." León released her hand, a good thing as it could have gotten awkward if put off for much longer. She was already blushing under her black dyed cheeks. "Would you be so kind? I'm sure I can find something in my pack to repay you for your efforts and troubles," Layla said, blinking sweetly. She thought over what she had. A journal, couple candles, ink and quill, tattered blanket, a few dyes, flint, a pocket knife, a buffalo bone comb, and two bottles of hard liquer.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
sorry for taking forever, i fail, also slight pp Smile hope you don't mind
also sorry this is so sucky, i promise my next post will bebetter.

He nodded agreeable, he did consider himself lucky to have Faith in his life, the mare in question moved closer to the female encouraged by the outstretched hand and nuzzled interestedly at the paw before huffing disappointingly at it being empty. Equine brown eyes stared back dolefully full of accusation at the promise of food via the outstretched hands not being delivered, León laughed and pulled an apple from his satchel and gave it to Layla to feed to Faith. Her ears pricked forwards as she saw the apple and again moved her head forwards to try and reach it.

"Yes there is a roof over the stables, we will be quite dry in there." He motioned for the female to follow him and turned away to begin to walk to the stables, Faith automatically turning to follow him though she was still munching the apple she had been given. Earthen ears flicked back as she mentioned repaying him somehow and León shook his head vigorously, payment was not what he sought from this woman,

"No payment is needed, teaching is a hobby of mine, I relish the chance to have a new pupil." The man thought for a few seconds before adding on, "Would you like to ride to the stables on Faith? As a first taster"