Your biggest fan
[html]<style type="text/css">
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#revan01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#revan01b .ooc { color: #752525; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#revan01b .speak { color: #ffdcdc; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

WC: 482(3pts)

OOC:

Another day found the young jackal scout in training yet again hiking out into the wilds of Inferni, only this time it was in the so called new territories the Aquila had mentioned during that huge pack wide meeting. Luckily Revan had been close enough at the time to hear the call, otherwise he would most likely have been unable to hear the Aquila's howl as far away as his den was. The other difference being was he was only sitting today, relaxing as he lounged on a rock, choosing today to enjoy himself rather than hike as he did every other day.

Chips of stone littered the jackal male's sitting rock, a small piece of metal he had found working perfectly to chip away at the small rock in his hand. At first he hadn't been able to decide what he wanted to make, but then out of nowhere a thought returned to him, a distant memory, a story his father had told him. This story was of Kaena Lykoi, a proud female coyote with a blood red muzzle, and she was supposedly the terror of these lands. The other coyotes always thought of Kaena as a legend, something to scare pups into obedience with, but Revan had other ideas. He always imagined Kaena as a misunderstood coyote, a sort of grandmother like personality, someone who would take you in despite your species or affiliation and nurse you back to health, or take care of you in any way she saw fit.

Revan had developed a powerful crush for the female in his dreams, the Kaena Lykoi as he saw her, and it was with this thought that he finally came up with the perfect sculpture to place into this rock. Once the piece was finished, Revan held it up in the light and smiled. It was a rough carving of a coyote, one with a missing eye and a torn ear, though the details weren't exactly perfect. After all, Revan was no stone carver, but he felt as if he hadn't done too bad a job considering. Once he was satisfied with the details, he smiled as he looked around and found some red berries, smashing them up on the rock and delicately painting the muzzle of the coyote red. "There we are, a little mini Kaena to call my own. Beautiful, I must say." With a little more carving and a piece of cord he produced from his bag, the necklace was completed.

Without warning, Revan heard a loud screeching sound and suddenly felt a heavy painful peck on his head. "Ow? What the-" Another painful peck and a screech, feathers and wings beating against his head. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?" Revan jumped from the rock, yelling and swinging his bag up in the air and all around him. "GAH! IT'S SO ANGRY! WHAT DID I DO!?"

[/html]
[html]
Thread Information
Character Form: Lupus

Word Count → 533

the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine

It was over -- that was all. Gabriel and Inferni both had no further use for the old woman, and she had been relieved of her métier, stripped of her title and shoved off into the useless elder's rank. The scarred hybrid had expected despair -- she had fully prepared herself for that deep sinking feeling, the feeling worthlessness settling into her very bones. Surprising even the silver-shaded crone herself, that feeling had never come down on her. She had expected anger with Gabriel, but none came -- there was only the faintest sense of relief here, some heavy weight lifted from her shoulders that she had not even been aware of. Whether or not this was troubling, the old woman could not yet say.

She had heard the call for the meeting, she knew of it, but she had declined to attend. She did not want to face everyone at once yet. She would, eventually -- it was not as if she could avoid every meeting the clan called in the future. Her own status was still something of a mystery to her. The grizzled crone was no longer the Centurion of the clan, respected subleader -- she was an elder now, removed from the rank system in much the same way children and wolves were. There was no authority in this position -- of that she was certain -- but that did not mean she was now powerless. She alone served in this rank, and it did not excuse her from further work toward bettering the clan, at least not in her estimation. Job description or not, the silvery hybrid would not relinquish duty just yet, regardless of what Gabriel had told her.

The loop around the borders was taken more slowly than usual, with the one-eyed canine languidly making her way along the perimeter of the territory. There was no hurry within the old woman. There were others in Inferni who did this job now, and she was supposed to be taking it easy. Quiet refusal of that idea, however, had driven her out of the mansion once more. Without warning, there was the sharp call of some bird nearby, rage apparent in the squalling cries of the avian. The hybrid's movement ceased at this for a moment, pausing mid-step to cock her head to the side and listen for the bird's cries. After a moment she was moving again, more purpose to her step this time.

Cries of another canine moved her faster, trotting toward the sounds of attack with curiosity and alarm both written onto her scarred face -- at least, as best as it could be written onto such damaged parchment. The twisted and thick tissue striping her face made expression difficult at times, after all. The form of a stranger, swinging his arms and a bag in wild motion about him, became apparent, and the hybrid rushed forward, barking her own sharp, coyote yaps of alarm at the bird. Surprisingly nimble, the hybrid jumped up into the air, snapping her jaws at the bird, which flapped its wings and continued to squawk, apparently upset that the dark-furred Infernian had wandered too close it its nest.

<style>
.kae-thorntxt {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HIS1G.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px; }
.kae-thorntxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; margin:5px auto; padding:10px 0px; width:100%;}
.kae-thorntxt .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px; }
.kae-thorntxt .tagline .sub { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;}
.kae-thorntxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.kae-thorntxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
.kae-thorntxt b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.kae-thorntxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
</style>

WC:379(3pts)

OOC: Slight powerplay here

After receiving several hard jabs and scratches from the winged beast, Revan was getting more and more angry. "I didn't do anything to you! Why are you attacking me?" Several times he had jumped up for the bird and swung his bag, but the bird was too quick for him. It was strange to meet an opponent who was faster, though this beast did have the high ground in the situation, so it wasn't exactly a fair fight.

After several enthusiastic jumps and swipes with his bag, Revan suddenly jumped backwards as he heard a barking snapping sound. He prayed that was somebody coming to his rescue, using the distraction to whack the bird with a small swipe from his bag, but the bird saw a greater attack in the other's aggressive jumping and snapping and decided to go for the last and final blow. The bird flew up high, Revan watching it carefully, and as it came down, Revan dropped his bag and waited for it to get close enough before jumping up to meet it, bringing it down toward the ground and body slamming it.

"HA! That's what you get bird! Attack me for no reason why don't you? Guh, I didn't want to kill you, but you made me." He sighed, breathing only in shock. It was then that he remembered his rescuer. He turned to meet the stranger, smiling widely in thanks. "Hey, thanks for coming to my rescue, that bird came out of no-" Revan stopped cold, eyes widening in shock as he took in everything about the not so stranger, jaw dropping slack. It was a click in his brain as he saw her, the missing eye, the heavy scars, the blood red muzzle, an explosion of realization. "Could...could it..be? Kaena...Lykoi..."

Instantly Revan bowed before her. This was his hero, his personal god among all creatures, and she had come to his rescue. What could he say to her? What had he done to deserve such an opportunity? He wasn't even that long in the pack, and yet here she was. He knew his entire family would kill to be in this position, and here he was, unable to say a word to the coyote female. How was this possible?

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 386

the sun will never shine on this cold dead heart of mine

Birds could be fiercely protective of their young and their nesting areas; the silver-shaded hybrid had seen them fearlessly attack creatures hundreds of times their size, flying down at their top speeds to peck those sharp beaks into soft and delicate flesh. The unluckiest of canines could easily lose an eye in this way, though this was certainly not how her own eye had been lost. As she had told many over the years, a wolf had stolen that from her. This was many years ago, more than she could accurately remember -- just a short decade after the decimation of the human race, really, though Kaena did not know that.

Her own great-great-great grandparents had been very much alive and well during the time of the human race, and they had lived through its apocalypse long enough to bring her great grandparents into the world. The hybrid, of course, knew none of this and never had -- the furthest back her knowledge of family went was her parents and their parents. Little else was known beyond their heritage -- and truly, what did it matter? Canines that had been dead the better part of two decades did not matter, especially not in the face of a vicious and vindictive mother bird. The hybrid took several steps back as the bird floated easily to the bellies of the clouds, her head craned back and her single eye watching it with sharp interest.

It folded its wings and dove, hurtling itself toward the ground. With a swing from his arm, the sable-shaded canine brought the bag down on the bird, smashing it to the ground. He picked himself up, speaking to the now clearly dead bird, and the hybrid watched this with faint amusement, turning to him as he began speaking to her. Suddenly and without warning, he stopped, a look of amazement coming to his face. The next words from his mouth caused her to peer from right to left and shift her weight on her legs an awkwardness appearing across her scarred face. “Yes,” she answered, her one-eyed gaze turning back to him and studying the reddish markings across his face. “Please, get up,” the hybrid said, finding the instantaneous respect very nearly alien. She was no longer a leader; what deference did she deserve?

<style>
.kae-thorntxt {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:18px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HIS1G.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:0px auto; width:500px; }
.kae-thorntxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; border-bottom:1px solid #000000; margin:5px auto; padding:10px 0px; width:100%;}
.kae-thorntxt .tagline {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:14px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:10px 0px; }
.kae-thorntxt .tagline .sub { font-size:14px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic;}
.kae-thorntxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.kae-thorntxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
.kae-thorntxt b { letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.kae-thorntxt u {text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps;}
</style>
[/html]
</style>

WC: 309(3pts)

OOC:

Revan couldn't believe it. His entire world lit up the moment the word yes had left the older female's muzzle. All of his dreams, all of his hoping, everything he had done in his life up to this point, as well as each of his family members and what they did and lived by, all stemmed on a complete and utter devotion, almost a godlike worshipping of the very female who's shadow he was currently occupying.

At her polite suggestion, Revan stood, no he practically jumped, looking awestruck over her. "I...I'm sorry but you're a l-legend among my family. Kaena Lykoi..you're an equivalent to a goddess in my beliefs, I've heard so much about you and you're family. My own would gladly kill for the opportunity to meet you!" He stared in awe for several minutes, bouncing on his paws slightly in his excitement, before realizing what he was doing. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I'm staring and I've seemed to lost my manners. I'm Revan, Revan Rajanikant. I've been a member of Inferni for only a few months, but I had no idea that you really existed..oh I didn't mean any offense by that...I've been dreaming of this day ever since I was a pup!"

Revan smiled as wide as he could, his tail wagging madly as he shifted back into his Lupus form in respect to Kaena being in Lupus form as well. The dead bird was completely forgotten in the excitement, and Revan couldn't take his eyes off of her. He was convinced that if he looked away, she would disappear, or he would wake up out of his dream. "I don't mean any offense by this...but am I dreaming right now? That bird killed me right, and I've died and gone to heaven where my wildest fantasy has come true?"

[/html]