smile when you're not supposed to laugh
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

I mention a room, but I've yet to officially pick one, hurr hurr. |D Tell me if you want to date it another time, set in the library.

In Character

It had been a while since he had been accept and everything felt so prickly, so new like he was seeing everything for the first time, but life underground was something hard to adapt to. He had to admit that. Over the short time he had been there he hadn't really introduced himself to the rest of the pack instead he spent his time either with the horses or fumbling around his new room trying to make it feel homey. In short he was merely settling in making both him and his horse felt at home

What a waste, though, spending his time in one place or the other when he had yet to even scope out the rest of the place and by just standing in the hallways one could tell it was a large place. Had the higher ups dug all this all themselves? Room by single room? Because surely all of the caverns were not naturally formed, right? So it had to made by hand. Such dedication and time must have been put into this place, very much did it amaze him. So it was decided, he'd take a look around. Nothing could go wrong.

As quiet as a mouse stealing cheese from the cupboard the grey giant slipped out of his room and for a moment he thought of greeting on of those who roomed on either side of him, but as he neared one of the rooms he quickly fled continuing to what was the common area. Obviously abandoning the idea of a meet and greet. The room was large, very large holding millions upon millions of foreign scents so much of them that it could clog a creature's nose. He was glad the area was spacious as it allowed him to travel by unseen and loiter for a bit to look around before going on again. Exactly how many rooms were down here?

He wasn't necessarily avoiding others for the sake of being anti-social it was more so because he was scared. So many faces and not a single one he will probably never come to trust. Thudding footfalls led him into another room full of various random things and after a bit of a look he assumed it was nothing more than a junk room of some kind. As he shuffled about in the silent room his mind fell to other thoughts, mainly his mother. Was she alright with out him? Sure, she had her mate, but he and her had been through thick and thin and even though she was a strong willed woman she was a bit air headed and didn't think before acting. She was fine, yes, but he would worry for a bit even though it was a while since they parted ways.

When thoughts of his mother floated back into the corners of his mind the wolfdog realized her had wandered into yet another room, but from shacking up in a few libraries with his mother he quickly knew what the room was by the rows of books. Now, he couldn't read to save his life, but that didn't mean the familiar sight didn't bring him comfort. He could however "read" pictures and it was something he often did when younger and maybe, it was a silly though, just maybe that had something with butterflies. Oh, silly it was and pictures could not compare to the real thing, but it was worth a shot. ...How would he find it, though? He couldn't read!

The tips of his fingers ran over the spines of the books as he went through room pulling out every other book in hopes of seeing a picture of his favored thing on the cover. As he did this his feet soon started to move differently tracing the thrilling steps of some elegant dance moving to some unknown beat and soon he was dancing with himself, it didn't matter if never found that book. He was alone and could dance, that was all that mattered now.

<style>
.Kase3 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Kase3 b {color:#5e5041;}
.Kase3-b {width:347px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Kase3-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#5e5041; text-shadow:#5e5041 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kase3-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Kase3 {background-color:#d3b99b; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6936/kh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

Maybe back-date it to the 3rd or something?

Matteo had already been in the library reading when someone came about looking for a book to read. He sat in one of the back corners with a latern, as usual, reading through an old history book, enjoying each and every page. For once his mind was clear enough to let him read it without stuttering on each line, and he found the book to be absolutely wonderful.

He was snapped out of his reading, however, when suddenly the sound of prancing paws came closer to him. Upon looking up from his reading, he noticed someone sort of dancing, looking around for a book and otherwise seeming quite in a trance or a daydream. Teo's eyes widened and he looked about without moving his head, wondering what the hell he should do. Surely the fellow would be embarrassed if Matteo said anything, or if he noticed the albino lad... right?

So Matteo tucked his attention back to his book, hoping that the dancing male would vanish from his mind. Sadly, that damn stutter came back, and Teo found himself reading the line over and over again. With a disgruntled frown, the young Italian looked back up from his book, sending the other a sort of pouty glare. He wouldn't dare speak up, but from his corner, he hoped the other would go the other way.

<style>
.matteo1-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.matteo1-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.matteo1-z91 b {color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.matteo1-z91 {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teotab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.matteo1-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

Sorry for the delay! >__< And awkward post is awkward.

In Character

It was bad to randomly start doing this, it was bad that he totally forgot the possibility of another seeing him. Yet it was amazing that he was able to keep balance while time out of time he'd be falling on his face, but steadiness seemed to accompany him as he did this. His eyes stayed focused on the book daring not to look up, maybe he knew someone was there? Maybe he didn't? No, he did not, he was like an old man when in this state of mind. Completely blind to the rest of the world.

His steps continued one foot after another as graceful was a swan taking flight. The male seemed to forget all about what he was looking for as he started to stray away from the book case and that's when it happened, he fell. Tripped on nothing more than perfectly flat ground and falling face first like a tree being cut from it's roots, all that was missing was someone shouting "timber!" So, there he lay face planted to the dirt floor with his tail high in the air swaying like a white flag. Snapped back to the real world he was as he lifted his head and looked around eyes darting to and fro as he swung his head side to side. No one seemed to be present since he started, thank the L- He spotted the glowing light of a lantern. No, no, no.

All the cool gaze did was stare as his mind piled up with stuttering thoughts, when was there someone here? He took a look before he did anything in here, didn't he? Apparently not... His eyes widen and once more was thankful he had more than just skin as he flushed. Did... Did they see him? Hopefully not. But if they did they also saw him fall... Ohh, this was bad very bad. He felt wiggly and itchy now that there were peering eyes among him. Pushing himself up he glanced about again checking for more lights, no just the one.

He inhaled a quivering breath choosing to simply ignore the light, maybe it was just light and nothing more. Just something left by the last one in here. Yes! That was what it was! Just light! He smiled stupidly to himself feeling clever and wandered to the nearest shelf that was a little too near the light. That was when his idiocy disappeared and he got hold of a scent and for once curiosity bubbled in him pushing him to peer around the bookshelf.

Definitely not just light. Connected to a book was a small fellow with a little pink nose, though the scars took a away a bit of the nose's cuteness. Quickly he withdrew back behind the book case like a scared little lamb, oh what a stupid move.

<style>
.Kase3-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#5e5041; text-shadow:#5e5041 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Kase3-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Kase3 {background-color:#d3b99b; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #ffffff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:345px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6936/kh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 160px 0px; } </style>
[/html]
[html]

Tis fine. :3 This is awesome already.

The whole time it played out, Teo couldn't really concentrate. He'd tried to read the book again, but the male across from him just kept dancing. In fact, he started to actually dance, no longer pulled towards the books or anything like that. Now he was just plain dancing for the sake of dancing. Matteo wasn't sure wether to be amused (which, much to his guilty surprise, he was) or to be annoyed (also a little bit there) that the guy was bothering him from his reading. What sort of right-minded-

Oh wait, this was Anathema. No one was right-minded here. Duh.

Matteo was dragged away from his scornful thoughts when suddenly the male fell, as if on thin air. As the sound of impact came, Teo started, suddenly paying his full attention to the other. He wanted to call out, to ask if the guy was okay, despite being annoyed with him... but Giuseppe had told him to be quiet and spoke only when spoken to, hadn't he? Did that still count in this situation?

The male noticed him then, as he peeked around the corner of a bookshelf to check on the source of the Trovato's lantern. Sure enough, when eyes met, the larger, darker male suddenly had a look of death on his face. He appeared for only a moment, though, before shuffling back behind the shelf. Matteo assumed the guy was completely mortified... time for some damage control.

The kid stood up, setting his book aside and leaving his lantern behind. Silently as ever, he inched over to the bookshelf and peeked around it, spotting the other. He crouched down then, looking concerned more than amused. His voice was perfectly toned for a concerned passer-by, laced with youth and that beautiful Italian accent. "Are you alright, sir? I thought I heard someone fall." Pretending as if he'd never seen the other dancing, Teo put his best face forward; damage control was something he was good at.

<style>
.matteo1-z91 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.matteo1-z91 {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... teotab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:420px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.matteo1-z91-border {width:422px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

Gotta love pink noses~

In Character

This was tough little pickle he gotten himself into now, wasn't it? He didn't have the gall to peek around again, oh no that was out of the question! Holding his breath and hoping it would be th death of him instead of the sheer embarrassment he felt he turned facing the bookcase. Eyes running over titles he didn't understand, dammit! He needed to learn to read! Over and over his eyes ran over the books until an accented voice tickled his ears, he froze. Letting out his breath he turned his head to face the idea, but stayed ever close to the bookshelf.

It was the little pink nose again and this time he was speaking voice thick with the sound of another land, but nonetheless lovely to hear. I heard someone fall. His whole body grew hot, flushed, so his miserable fail was seen! Ohhh, did that also mean he might saw him before the fall....? He quite like dancing for others, but in such a place as this? Let alone when he merely did it on whim? Just down right embarrassing!

"A-Ah, yes, I'm f-fine. That thud was m-me earlier, sorry. I ho-hope I didn't disturb you?"

Flattening his ears back he showed his teeth in a goofy apologetic smile as he had a feeling he quite indeed did disturb the young fellow otherwise why would he be cooped in the corner? He turned fully now spare parts of his mane falling into his eyes as he tilted his head side to side taking at better look at the shorter wolf. The boy looked very fragile and delicate like just one touch would shatter him into many fine, small pieces much like a fine vase or a butterfly. That's how he would treat the albino lad, like a butterfly. Not a single touch or breath in fear of the fellow breaking in those clumsy hands of his.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

;D Yet another thing Teo is known for.

Matteo let a smile of his own cross his face. Despite the other's stuttered words, he still felt that annoying tingle of submission; this fellow was quite larger and more likely native to this territory. He was at least more used to these old-fashioned ways of life, and so, he was obviously a higher-up. Still, the goofy expression was one Teo didn't have to force a smile at; a good sense of humor was hard to come by these days.

"No. You did not disturb me. I was not really liking my book anyway." That time the smile was forced, though one could hardly tell. "Are you sure you are alright though, sir? I did not see it, but it sounded as if you had fallen rather hard." Then again, the bigger they are... Matteo was used to his own 'thuds' and at times, Giuseppe's when the guy was drunk or clumsy. Both hybrids were light-weights compared to the wolves around here.

Matteo took a moment, though, to muse over the other's dancing. Up until the point he'd fallen, the fellow had been quite splendid on his feet. Where ever the guy had learned to dance, Matteo felt a pang of envy for it; the albino lad had never been much more than a ballroom dancer himself, having been taught it by his mother as a youth. At this point, he doubted he'd ever be able to dance like that again, since he'd learned only to lead and not to follow... and now his leading days were over.

"Oh, but pardon my manners, sir." Teo flustered, having snapped out of his thoughts rather suddenly. "My name is Matteo. Matteo Trovato. I do hope I have not upset you at all. I was concerned you had hurt yourself." Afterall, what were packmates for? Wasn't it somewhere in a code of conduct that a pack was a family, with or without blood relations? Even more so for Anathema, what with the tradition for joining the pack. Teo still had a small scar from it, thanks to his albinism making it easy for a scar to remain from the slightest scratch.

<style>
.matteo1-z91 b {font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; color:#670000; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

So happy my computer didn't eat this over night. ;-;

In Character

Ah, so he could read? Well, that was a perfectly good reason to be in this place unlike his, picture books. Pfft, how old was he again? The smile remained as the lad beamed back at him they were like the common cold smiles were when one caught it it was for sure other around him would, too.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I fall all the time, I-I guess I should yell something when I d-do, hm?"

As evidence he held up his hands revealing brushed pawpads then dropped his arms back down and shrugged in a "no big deal" sort of way. He then let out a stupid laugh just to back up that it was fine. Despite his overactive imagination and wild thoughts of what others could do to harm him he hated to make others worry, so he tried his best to put the fellow's mind at ease.

"Y-You sure I didn't disturb you?"

If either of them should have felt guilty it was him. He was the one that just literally waltzed into the room and, well let's just say made "noise" for embarrassment's sake. So if he were in fact interrupting something he would gladly go as that was the most polite thing to do and he was not on of those bent on being rude. The lad fell quiet after that and with the air of silence Kase took the time to straighten himself up and brush off his clothes. His mother always teased him about wearing clothing and he himself wasn't even sure why he did, he just did. Maybe it stemmed from his embarrassed nature? He didn't just want to let everything hang out...

It seemed he himself also got lost in thought as when the snowy boy spoke again his head jerked back to look at him. He had a name after all, so he wasn't some book reading ghost. That was good. Well, he hadn't thought he was a ghost to begin with, but still.

"Kase Hayashi. You haven't ups-set me one b-bit."

Never did he stutter out his name just like he rarely fell when dancing. It was a bit odd, but nobody had really made note of it so he didn't either. Feeling oddly at peace the giant smiled again a less goofy one this time.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Short. ._.

Matteo couldn't help the smirk that came when the other mentioned yelling something when he fell. Before he could stop himself, he chuckled out a remark to it. "Like timber, maybe?" He paused to consider how rude that could've been, but decided against making a big deal out of it. If Giuseppe could get away with little comments like that, why couldn't he?

"I promise you I was not disturbed." Liar. Still, it wasn't as if he minded. The guy was actually bringing in some sort of excitement for the young coydog. He'd expected nothing more than boredom all day, as usual, but instead he was getting to meet someone new. Someone who called themself Kase, apparently. Teo mumured a 'nice to meet you' and then glanced over at the books beside them.

"Were you trying to find a certain book?" He eyed the various titles along each spine; this section was all about various forms of fiction novels. He spied one or two that he recognised and smiled, reaching over and pulling one of them out. "One of my favorite novels. This one is about a man who met a vampire and did an interview with the guy."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Coding by Sie.

I imagine Ka would go vampire hunting after this.

In Character

"Yes, "timber" would fit very well," he chuckled.

When asked if he was looking for something certain he fell silent, smile fading, and his fur grew hot, how could admit he was looking for a picture book? His mother had been a stupid woman and knew not how to read nor write so, of course, she never thought about making her child well read. Cursed was he to forever read children's books. Absolutely embarrassing he found it.

"Actually I was looking for a book o-on butterflies."

Time and time again he would never feel silly for telling his odd fascination with the beautiful bugs, but reading and anything else one would have to hurt him first before telling. But as the boy pulled out a book and started on about a man and a vampire he started to think differently of that little secret. ...Vampire? His face now twisted into something questioning and his ears became erect, what was a "vampire?" They sounded quite odd, but then again didn't a wolf on two legs sound odd?

"H-H-How to put this...I've never b-been able t-to read, s-so..."

Bing! Out the window and into the stars went the last ounce of manliness he ever contained with the little bit of info he spilled and in poured the flushing cheeks and hot body once again. He didn't want to admit it, never did he want to, but if the lad were to ramble one about something he didn't and found out this disability in some bad way. He would've felt bad, well he already did feel bad as Matteo looked as if he were enjoying talking about this...manpire? No, no, vaman? Ohh, he couldn't remember what it was now.

"Bu-But! That vamperman book s-s-sounds very good."

Vamperman? Really? Here he was trying to upset the other and he goes and says something weird. That was the icing on the stupid cake, wasn't it?

<style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.matteomarit{width:530px; padding:1px; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... atteo2.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:none;}
.matteomarit p{color:#000000; margin:0px; text-align:justify; text-indent:20px;}
.matteomarit b{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#456363;}
.matteomarit i{font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; color:#456363;}</style>

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... ite_50.png);">

Teo glanced up from the book, smiling. Butterflies, huh? Pretty little creatures with their wings of rainbows. He liked Butterflies. Farfalle. He murmured, smiling. Butterflies. They are pretty. I like them too. He adjusted to sit down, leaning against the bookshelf and flipping through the pages of his book idly, not really reading any of it.

Kase went on to mention that he couldn't read. Teo brought his eyes back to the male at this, ears twitching. The way he went on to try and compliment Teo's choice in novels amused him somewhat and he smiled, using a friendly tone of voice to correct the guy. Vampires. Or Vampiri, in my native tongue. Creatures that look like humans but they only ever come out at night and they live off the blood of humans. They are not real, but humans used to love writing stories about them.

He paused again, smiling that lovely smile. And no one ever taught you to read? He felt a pang of pity, but went on as if he didn't. Una tale vergogna. A shame. You can learn a lot from a book. He glanced over at the other bookshelf across from him and thought for a moment, his tongue moving to click against the roof of his mouth, as had become habit for him.

If you like, I could try and teach you. His eyes came back to rest on Kase. My mother taught me before I could shift. I admit, English is a bit harder for me, but I could probably manage. I am still a Zepar, so my days are usually free save for the occasional hunt or scouting. The offer hung there. Matteo was more than happy to teach the other male how to read. Reading was something the albino found relaxing and exciting all at once. Knowing how to read was an important skill for any luperci.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the terrible lateness. I have no excuse for such. Also apologies that it's not a book like usual, gotta get back into the groove of writing for Ka.

When the boy sat the giant made the effort and forced himself into a sitting position as well. It was the polite thing to do plus standing would've made things awkward in his mind. Tucking his hands neatly in the center of his folded legs like a child he watched the other page through his book. A small smile spread across black lips as Matteo agreed with his liking, if only others shared the same interest. Maybe then he wouldn't be so nervous.

Apparently something he said was humorous as a smile triggered on the lad's face and he went on correcting him about these "vampires." Very odd creatures indeed, blood sucking and living at night. Fascinating, just fascinating even if they weren't real. Besides, fiction always seemed better than reality, no? The small smile carved into a neutral line then into an all out frown. Teach him to read? Oh, no, he simply couldn't impose on such a seemingly nice gent like the lad in front of him for something as trivial as reading.

"Oh, n-no. I cannot give such a challenge to a perfectly good stranger, t-that'd be down right rude."

Besides, something like this involved trust, something the wolfdog had little of. He couldn't give that out to anybody, now could he?

<style>
.free-a45 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.free-a45 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a45 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a45 b {color:#bd8071; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a45 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#373c4f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a45 .inner{background-color:#eeebe6; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a45.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 176px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]