Something That I Want
[html]

"I want something that I want. Something that I tell myself I need. Something that I want. And I need everything I see." (--Something That I Want, Grace Potter) (The song used in this post--"You Were There"--belongs to the game ICO) (Nootau: Not Visible)

Ralla had taken the afternoon to just go about and enjoy the new spring air. She had already done so much after coming back that the whirlwind of activity was exhausting, something that Kemo admonished her frequently for, worrying for both her and the pups. She brushed it off and put up a front most of the time, but it could not be denied that perhaps she had taken too much on her plate for a little. Hence her walk.

Nootau, she noticed, seemed to enjoy being around a lot, and sometimes he enjoyed interacting with the living. She supposed this natural since he was only a spirit, after all, but although she said 'interacting', he very rarely spoke, if not only to make the off comment. That day they were near the borders of Beast's Grin Peninsula, where Ralla could smell the crisp scent of salt from the ocean and hear the roaring waves. Perhaps she should take the time to go the rest of the way to Cercatori D'Arte and get the art supplies she wanted so much, although that would be a day's trip if she decided to go all the way... No, she would save it for another day, where perhaps she had Sugar with her and the trip would be shorter. But she was also giving Sugar a rest, since he had already helped her haul more firewood and thatching and all manner of things that she felt had also overburdened the horse. It was a vacation day for all. Finally reaching one of the many cliffs overlooking the expanse of Beast's Grin's beach, she sat on a rock and overlooked the clear blue skies, a song surfaced like the foam on the waves. With a voice like golden bells Ralla sang it; a tune that belonged to a lonely traveler who longed for his homeland.

"The island bathes in the sun's bright rays,

"Distant hills wear a shroud of grey.

"A lonely breeze whispers through the trees,

"Sole witness to history."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Pretending Sky's already been by CdM. :3

Sky's journey had taken her to both Dahlia de Mai and Cour des Miracles, and she'd found no signs of Orin in either packland. Now she was headed for J'adore's pack, Anywaya. Sky was approaching the packlands from afar, circling it in her Optime form, wearing a beautiful assortment of clothing she'd found on the way (or maybe it was given to her?); a lovely white blouse, old-fashioned, and a matching long skirt. It felt weird not to be wearing her usual denim jeans and soft sweater, but for some reason she didn't seem at all delayed in the beautiful attire.

The trip would've been quicker in her Lupus form or by horse, but Sky had worn her hands to bleed from the long runs she'd made already in her lupus form, and shifting to her secui and optime forms had made no difference. She'd worn herself down a good few pounds too, despite it only having been a few days. She truely felt like a rogue again, hunger making her just a bit on edge.

It was just as she rounded a corner towards Beast's Grin Peninsula that the young hybrid heard a wonderful sound; someone was singing, and whoever it was, they were singing beautifully. Sky, also being born with a lovely singing voice, couldn't help her curiousity. She came trotting up the hill to check things out, stopping only when she spotted the white-furred figure in the distance.

By this point, she'd given up on hoping to find Orin in white; no doubt she'd dyed her fur now. Orin also didn't sing, and she'd never be anywhere without her daughters. This girl was not the one Sky was searching for. Still, some company could bode well, and this was close enough to AniWaya packlands that this stranger might've been a member.

Sky smiled as she came closer, waiting until the other woman finished her song before speaking up softly. "Excuse me...?" Sky tilted her head slightly, newly cut short hair dancing in the breeze. The wolfdog had undergone her own little changes; she wore tiny silver rings where studs used to be on her ears, save for the ones closest to her hair on the inner shells. Her hair had been cut short, twisting in tiny, loose curls and framing her face nicely. Generally, she still looked the same, but the new haircut changed her enough for her to be noticably different than before; not that this stranger would know the difference.

Sky Katruk

<style>
.freetable-a01 .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:30px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#443521; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.freetable-a01 b {color:#443521; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#dfcab2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bZedA.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; border:1px solid #dfcab2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3712; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:470px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:472px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

*pretending I didn't just see a GUY run into a store and steal a Justin Bieber cut-out >.>*

Ralla startled forward when she heard a voice. Amongst the din of the waves and the strong salt air, she had neither heard nor smelled anyone approaching, so the sudden call had made her almost fall forward off the rock. She turned her head over her shoulder and saw a female--quite pretty, she might add--with short ringlets about her face, making her appear much younger than she likely was. There had been a lot of visitors to the pack lands and borders recently, so she supposed that the encounter did not surprise her as much. The wolves were becoming steadily more, and closer, to the borders, though, but Ralla had yet to be given any reason of malicious intent or harm. So long as they didn't trespass, everyone was all peachy keen.

"Yes? How can I help you?" She offered kindly. Not often was there a visitor who did not require a service of some sort; not that Ralla minded at all. Pack relations were always crucial, and Ralla would hate to ruin the chance at strengthening the bonds between them. Granted she was still wary of Anathema and did not know a few others packs as well as she might've liked, but she was no superwoman, and her saintly patience was not quite godly. Regardless, she ever-so-rarely got mad or frustrated, since she saw no point in stress, which, in the end, did nothing to help the cause. Being so near Cercatori D'Arte, she assumed that the woman was from there, although that would be a hypocritical assumption since she had visited Dahlia de Mai, and she had not been assumed to be of Inferni or Cercatori D'Arte herself.

<style>
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

......whut.

Sky was releived to find that the white-furred woman held no ill tones towards her, despite the fact she'd startled her. Sky's heart had lept up into her throat when the girl tipped forward, but all was well now. "I hate to bother you, Ma'am, but I was hoping perhapes you'd have seen a friend of mine." Sky paused, then her ears flicked. "Or rather, friends. A mother and two pups."

She approached so she wouldn't be raising her voice, keeping herself a safe distance away, but still close enough to explain without yelling. "You see, there was some trouble recently, and this friend took her two newborn daughters and went running to get away from it. The pups' father is very concerned, but also very busy with other matters. I've been looking for them for a few days now, but so far I've had no luck. Maybe you've heard or seen something?"

She clasped her hands together at her chest hopefully, smile now a mixture of hopeful, sad and hesitant. This other woman probably hadn't a clue where Orin and the missing girls had vanished to, but with any luck, Sky would at least get pointed in the right direction. All she needed was some luck.

Sky Katruk

<style>
.freetable-a01-header {font-size:30px; text-align:right; padding:10px 20px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#443521; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 5px;}
.freetable-a01 {background-color:#dfcab2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/bZedA.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 100px 0px; border:1px solid #dfcab2; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e3712; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:470px; text-align:justify; }
.freetable-a01-border {width:472px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; }
.freetable-a01 .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #A67C15; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

IKR? >.> Anyway, sorry for the lateness... It's just been one thing after another -.- ... You ever hear of spaghetti pizza?

Ralla quirked her head to the side as she listened to the new woman, watching as she approached. A healthy suspicion was prudent of any long wolf, regardless of the amount of trust shared even between the closest of friends. Certainly Ralla would not be openly or even partially wary when around such wolves, but strangers and newcomers? She would be a fool not to be. For politeness's sake Ralla turned on the rock and sat facing the other wolfess as formally as possible. As she listened, the friends that she was searching for seemed to be in far more than just some 'recent trouble', if she had run away.

"I'm sorry, but... I have not seen such a family," Ralla said with a tinge of regret. She could see that the other woman was worried; could see the hope in her eyes. "But if you would allow me," Ralla said, bending her head to look at the woman from an angle, "I could try to point you in the right direction." Standing up and coming closer, a gentle aura about her, Ralla came to stand in front of the other woman. "My name's Ralla, by the way. If you tell me a few things about your friend--birth date, if you know it, personality, odd hobbies or habits--I think I could try and locate her." What Ralla was offering was a little bit of a long shot. Fortune telling and star-reading was for deciphering messages and meanings, and usually at night. But such a thing as location readings, however rarely used--since interpreting fortunes was subjective to begin with--was not uncommon when there came to be a missing pack mate or special item. Not to mention a wolf's disposition could tell a lot about their thinking, and hence where they would go if they were to run. But the other long shot part was getting this new wolfess to trust her; to allow her to know this information of her friend. If she needed proof, she could always show her Nootau--if he bothered to answer Ralla's call that is; he was a spirit guide, not a servant to her beck and call--or answer for her some questions that perhaps she would only know of her past.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]

S'ghetti pizza? :/ Nope, but it sounds interesting. Also; swearing in this post.

Shit. Shit poor luck was what Sky had. Her disappointment showed through when the wolfdog took her bottom lip between her teeth and furrowed her brows. Her hands dropped to her sides again rather limply and she let out a soft, silent sigh. She was still chewing her lip as this Ralla woman offered to help, since she knew full well that any help from a stranger would be fruitless at best. Still, help was help and who was Sky to reject such a kind offer?

"Any help is greatly appreciated, miss Ralla. Thank you." She shifted her weight a bit and looked up towards the woman's face. "I'm Sky." A short smile, and then she continued. "She's a shop keeper back in our home town. She also tends to dye her fur a lot, if that's a habit worth noting. I'm not completely sure her birth-date." That small amount of information left Sky with a heavy heart; that was hardly enough. It was in that moment that Sky realized just how little she knew about the white female and her pups.

"I'm sorry if that doesn't really help you any. It's all I've got. If the father were here, he'd be able to tell you more." She was sure of it; Shawchert knew just about all he could about the missing woman. The two were the closest of friends. "I hope it does help though. I could really use the direction." Sad blue eyes finally met green, though the supposed loner meant no disrespect.

Sky Katruk

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

FML :/

Disappointment was plain on the other's face, and Ralla could truly understand. Promenading all about the land in search of someone was certainly no easy endeavor, and aside from that, Sky looked so very worried...

Listening carefully to the scant information, Ralla was at a loss at how to begin searching with it. The fur dying bit told Ralla that she'd either go somewhere where dye was abundant to continue the habit, or if her personality was different, she would give up the dying altogether while on the run. Sky also mentioned her owning a shop, but... Eyes closed in tight concentration, Ralla called upon the powers of the moon--however weakened in the daylight--to help her. She did not want to make Sky leave without even an inkling as to where to go. A trickle of light sparked in her mind, and the white wolfess grabbed a hold of it, letting whatever information it might glean flash before her vision. With complete confidence she opened her eyes.

"If you have not already, I would search that way," she said, pointing to the south with a fine-boned hand. "Southeast--east for a new beginning, south for running from trouble and creativity. If she were running from this coast, she will likely have traveled to the opposite coast and as far in distance as she could. Ethereal Eclipse, most likely, or even farther" she said, thinking of how dense the under and overgrowth was. But Sky had also mentioned pups, and even in the brightest of days, the forest was dark enough to invite danger. So, likely, she had skirted about the southern edge of the forest to go further still. The vision she had seen boosted her confidence in her directions, and she had already promised not to doubt her visions anymore, so why would she doubt it now?

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]