A Marvelous Return
[html]

Domonick stood at the edge of the cliff that looked over the lake, smiling as the small breeze rustled his fur. He looked down, watching the ripples that spread across the water’s surface. ”I’m back.” he said, a goofy grin spread across his face. He looked down at his wrapped arm, and let out a sigh, a symbol of a mistake he was foolish enough to make. He clenched his fist and shook his head.

”No use being upset right now, enjoy the day, the chance to make things better.” He walked close to the edge of the cliff, looking down. He let out a big smile and turned around, walking back several yards. He turned to face the cliff again, hoping up and down, still smiling. ”Time for some fun.” with that, he took off sprinting towards the edge of the cliff.

Once his foot touched the cliff’s edge, he jumped, ”Geronimo!” he yelled at the top of his lungs. He cannonballed into the water, sending a splash of water into the air, the cold water sending a shock through his system, it felt amazing. He swam up to the surface, smiling. He splashed around in the water, acting like a child. He was finally enjoying himself, like things were back to the way they used to be. He swam to the shallow end, he eyed the fish swimming, he smiled and pounced, missing completely. He let out a loud laugh, and continued swimming around, acting like he was having the time of his life.

He swam to the shore, water dripping off his soaked body. He shook, sending water flinging In every which direction, his fur puffed out slightly. He let out another laugh and plopped down on the shore, staring out into the scenery that lay stretched out before him.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
sorry for the crappy post.

Ookami had been standing at the shore of the lake when he heard someone call out a strange word. His ears flicked forward and he looked up to the source. A wolf had jumped off the edge of a cliff and into the lake. He smiled, it looked like a fun thing to do. He didn't think much of moving until the splash created by the wolf reached Ookami. The cold water soaked his body. He jumped back and let out a chuckle.

Ookami shook out his coat and rolled around in the grass. He snuffled around in it a little bit and smiled. He hadn't had fun for a while. It dawned on him though that he didn't know this wolf. He stood up quickly and took a seat. He didn't want to disturb the male so he sat patiently, waiting for his 'game' to be finished. As the male exited the water and shook himself a little more water splashed onto Ookami. He smiled and shook his coat once again. "Hello. Are you new here?" Ookami's voice came out gruff and scruffly and he cleared his throat. "I am Ookami. The pack's Senex." He stood up and walked closer to the male, sitting down a ways a way from him.
[html]
OOC: ^-^ looks good to me

Domonick stared at the beautiful view that lay out before him, a smile plastered on his face. He let out a sigh of relief; it felt amazing to be back here, to be around the people he cared about. He stretched out his legs before him and leaned back, resting on his arms.

He heard a voice beside him, he quickly turned his head to see where it originated from. It was a wolf he hadn’t met before. Must have came after I left. Domonick smiled, his eyes bright, he nodded his head at the wolf,

”Hello,” he answered, ”New?” he thought for a moment on how to word his sentence, ”I suppose I am, in a sense, I used to be the pack’s Praeas, but things came up and I left.” He let out a small sigh, and then smiled again, ”Nice to meet you Ookami, the name’s Domonick .”

He looked out once again towards the image before him, ”This place is amazing.” he said under his breath, feeling the breeze blow against his fur. He moved forward, cradling his knees to his chest, resting his head on his knees. I missed this place so much, why was I stupid enough to leave such a place? he thought to himself, he felt like an idiot for leaving, for running away; but he was back now and he knew it was a chance for him to make amends.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
hehe(;

Ookami nodded his head. As the wolf spoke his name Ookami thought for a minute. Where he heard that name before? "Hmm.. Oh! You were friends with Adonia right?" He remembered now the couple times he had heard this wolf's name. According to someone Adonia was quite hurt after he left. He wouldn't let this fact get in the way though. He was sure the the male had a good reason to leave. A scary thought flickered in Ookami's mind. Now that Domonik was back.. would it be over for him and Adonia? Ookami sure hoped not.. He would be absolutely devastated if that were to happen. He took a small breath.. he would leave this question for the future.

Ookami's ears perked up at the wolf's voice. The sound came out low but Ookami could here it perfectly. "Yes.. it is very amazing. Many things have happened here that have been wonderful. But not without a few bad things.." Ookami's voice trailed off as he thought of his injury, Adonia's and Jefferson's. The barn was destroyed and both Jace and Tala had been raped. He shook his head softly and sighed. "What made you leave?" Ookami didn't want to cone off rude but he was curious. If he believed that this place was so amazing... then why did he leave?
[html]

Domonick frowned when Ookami mentioned Adonia, ”Yeah,” he paused, thinking about how he must have made her feel when he left, ”I knew Adonia once.” He let out a sigh and continued staring, the mention of her name only made him remember the people he let out, the people he hurt and disappointed. He was going to have a lot to do to be able to get back to the way things were, but he was okay with that; hard work was always worth it in the end, especially when it comes to repentance.

Ookami’s words made Domonick’s ears stand up, the question caught him off guard slightly. What made me leave? he thought of a way to answer the question, not wanting to sound too pathetic. He bit his tongue, trying to think. Finally, let out a small sigh, ”I left for reasons that are hard to explain. I guess, things,” he tapped the side of his head, ”weren’t all they were supposed to be. An overwhelming feeling of sadness, depression caught up to me. Holding in thoughts from the past really can mess someone up, and that’s what I did.”

He looked down at his wrapped arm, ”While I was away, I realized how badly things were without the pack by my side, so I came back.” He turned to look at the wolf, ”You never know how much something really helps you out until it’s gone. He smiled a slightly sad smile and turned back to face the lake. He chuckled, ”Sorry for telling you part of my life story instead of a simple answer.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Venema had been walking by himself, exploring the green hills, and was stunned by their beauty. He could definitely see why his mother had called this place paradise. It was as close to heaven as possible. He had strolled through much of the pack's territory, but no place was more amazing than this one. As he approached the lake's edge, he looked down into it, seeing the reflection of his scarred muzzle staring back at him. He lay by the bank, just staring at himself for a few minutes before looking up. There he saw Dominick and another packmate talking. For a split second he pondered going over and introducing himself, but the thought was dismissed immediately. They were in the middle of a conversation that he had no part in, and interrupting now would be rude. He looked back into the water, and sighed. As much as he liked it at Phoenix Valley, he doubted he would fit in with anyone else. He acted too much like a servant to be anyone's friend.

But little did Venema know, that a small, barely noticeable breeze had already carried his scent over to the other two visitors of the lake.
Ookami nodded his head, yes. This was the Domonick that Adonia spoke of once. His ears perked up as the male began to speak again. He left because he was... unsure? Ookami didn't know the way to put it. When Domonick apologized Ookami shook his head, "No. No. No need to apologize. Sometimes talking about things lets off a lot of weight." He smiled at him. Sometimes things may not be all that they are hyped up to be.. Like you said. But running away never solves anything... and neither does doing nothing. All you can really do is try to do something that effects your life and other around you in a positive way. You don't want to hurt anyone... or yourself." Ookami nodded to Domonick's wrapped up arm. "Sorry. You probably already know what I have just said. I just have to get my ideas out sometimes." He smiled sheepishly.

As he finished speaking a new scent wafted across on the wind. He put his head in the air and looked to the source. There was a wolf a little ways away standing by the edge of the lake. Ookami cocked his head. He hadn't seen this wolf before. The scent of Phoenix Valley was fresh... he had just joined. Or had been away for a while. Ookami let out a bark, calling the wolf to come join him and Domonick. He looked back at the male in front of him. "Sorry. I hope you don't mind me telling him to join us." He grinned and looked back over to see if the wolf was coming. He barked again, a little more encouragement and wagged his tail. He loved meeting new people.
[html]
OOC: Whoop! Venema! Big Grin

Domonick smiled, ”Yeah, you’re right about that. Running away only seems to make things worse.” he gave a small chuckle. ”No, hearing other people talk is something that is comforting to me, haven’t heard anyone besides myself for a good while.” he chuckled again. It felt good being around pack members again; he missed the feeling, a lot. Things were starting to fall back into place.

Domonick sniffed the air, someone else was here. It was familiar, he thought for a moment, Venema. a smile crossed his face. He had met the new wolf the previous day, it was good he was getting around the Valley, seeing new places.

With Ookami’s call, Domonick looked over, ”Naw, not a problem, always good to have others around.” He looked over, smiling, ”Hey Venema,” he waved, ”Come on over, we don’t bite yah know.” His goofy grin was spread across his face. It felt amazing to be meeting new people, even more amazing the fact that they were in Phoenix Valley.

He looked at Ookami, ”New guy, met him yesterday, welcomed him on the border. He seems, shy.” He thought about last night, the words Venema spoke, running, death, scared; they all flashed through Domonick’s mind. He wanted to make sure Venema felt comfortable, and safe, here. He looked back out at the lake, Everyone deserves to be happy. he thought to himself, that same smile planted on his face.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I has a table naoo! Big GrinDD

At first Venema was hesitant to go over. Even though the other wolf was inviting him, he felt like he should be especially considerate to Dominick. Then Dominick called him as well, and he shyly padded over to where they were sitting.

"Hello Dominick. It's nice to see you, he said, pawing the grass in front of him, looking nervous, and then he looked up at the wolf who had called him first, and said "I'm new to the pack, so we haven't met, but my name is Venema." He bowed his head slightly in greeting, and then sat down beside Dominick.

"I really like it here. It's so calm. So peaceful," he said with a smile, but the smile faded quickly, and he whined softly, then sadly whispered, "Just like mother said..." He looked down at the water, half expecting to see her smiling face, but instead, seeing only his own scarred muzzle.

He sighed once and then, remembering himself, he looked up slowly, and with a slight smile on his face, said, "But that's all in the past now. I have to remember what's important now; getting to know you guys!" Venema smiled at the two beside him, and cried inside his heart. He had not mourned properly for his mother since the flight, and despite the company, he began to feel more alone than ever.

<style>
.vene-mtn01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.vene-mtn01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vene-mtn01 b {color:#000C15; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #fffff0; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.vene-mtn01 {background-color:#b0c79e; background-image:url(http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7052/venematop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0a1e2e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:477px; text-align:justify; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; }
.vene-mtn01-border {width:481px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Ookami nodded his head. So the wolf had just joined. He gave the male a smile as he approached. Another grin spread across his face as he introduced himself. "Hi. I am Ookami. Nice to meet you." As the male continued to speak Ookami felt a twinge in his heart. The male known as Venema's mother had obviously died, or abandoned him. "Yes it is very peaceful. Who was your mother?" It seemed as if as soon as Ookami finished his question the male said it was in the past. Ookami mentally slapped himself. He should know better than to bring something like that up. Especially since he didn't know Venema's. "Sorry.. You don't have to answer."

It had been a while since Ookami had really socialized and he felt strange. The only person he really wanted to talk to was Adonia. The want to talk to her was overwhelming, so much that if he couldnt talk to her, he would want to talk about her. However Ookami didnt. He had to control himself. He felt as if he was going crazy. Venema's last words finally registered in his head. He chuckled and then laughed as he realized he was really late in reacting. "Sorry that laugh was late. Getting to know eachother sounds like a fun thing to do." He chuckled some more. There wasn't much to know about Ookami though. His past was simple and boring and the present wasnt much of a story either. But maybe knowing about another's history didn't really matter. Ookami always felt that knowing someone's past helped him to know the person better. Maybe... maybe it was all about someone's personality. He shrugged to himself. It didn't matter, either way... he had a new friend. Hopefully...
[html]

Domonick gave a small nod of his head, letting a smile cross his face, "It's nice to see you too. Hope things have been going well." He remembered when he joined the pack, for the first time, the feelings of nervousness he felt, but more importantly, the feeling of belonging, the sense of having a family again. The thoughts made his smile grow bigger, even making him chuckle slightly.

"Yeah, peaceful, we can all hope it stays that way." he continued looking out at the view, his eyes glimmering. Peacefulness was something that shouldn't be taken for granted, he knew that know, soaking in as much of it as possible. His ears flicked slightly as he picked up Venema's words about his mother. I wonder what happened to her. he thought to himself, the urge to ask welled inside his throat, but he resisted, he thought it might not be such a good idea, he didn't know much about Venema's past, so he didn't want to start anything. Then he heard Ookami ask, his stomach knotted slightly, Well, at least I don't have to ask it. his eyes glanced over at Venema slightly.

He let out a cough, and listened to Venema and Ookami, "Considering how close everyone in this pack is, getting to know each other shouldn't be too hard." he chuckled. These two wolves seemed like great people to call freinds, and Domonick smiled, hoping at least, to be able to call them friends. His ears pressed flat against his head as thoughts flashed through his mind, thoughts of his past, they seemed to be trying to resurface all the time, but he pushed them away, thinking about the present, the way things were going. He flexed his scarred hand, and let out another cough. "Yah know Venema, I can say one thing, this pack, you'll love it here."

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Venema somewhat startled when Ookami mentioned his mother. He was about to explain, but then he started apologizing for it, saying he didn't have to answer the question. "Why are you apologizing? I'm honored that you want to know more about my mother," he inquired, cocking his head slightly to the side, then sighed. "I think it would be best if I explain everything from the start. I was not born into a family, I was born into a unit. We were at war with another rival pack, and when I say war, I mean war. These were not petty squabbles, or honorable one on one duels. We lived in constant fear and awareness of our own mortality, and eventually became completely nomadic. The newborns never played, never laughed, and we most certainly never smiled. From the day we could walk, we were taught how to fight. We were bred for war..."

"I, however was a very special pup. I was fragile and cowardly, and refused to fight unless my life depended on it. At first, the worst that could happen was a lecture and a round of teasing from the other pups, but soon the pack leader found a better use for me. I became what we called 'The Whipping Boy.' If anyone broke the rules, instead of punishing the wolf who committed the act, they would punish me. They believed that by punishing the other wolves, they were weakening them. After that, no one would talk to me, or even look at me, and those who did, did so with either smug amusement, or sheer disappointment. My mother was the only exception."

"She would comfort me after every beating, sing me to sleep, and she almost always smiled, despite her own scars from my father's abuse. She was kind and loving, and taught me that physical strength is not the only kind of strength. She was the only ray of sunlight in the endless black void that was my life. I knew my life was not a good one, but it seemed to me that it was still better than death. For four months life went on like this. But then, the pack began to crumble."

"It was very clear that the pack was falling apart. The constant strain of war, and the rising wave of lawlessness had driven us to almost nothing. Instead of questioning their leader, the pack decided that I was to blame, and that I had to pay the ultimate price: death. My mother, upon hearing the news, took me and fled, knowing that this place was only a couple hours away from our current position. She told me where to find it before we left, just in case, and for a minute, we almost thought we had escaped. But then we were spotted by the guards, and they began pursuing us. We ran our fastest, but neither she nor I could match the speed of the guards. She shouted for me to keep going and stopped. Thinking only of myself, I continued running, and for a few minutes, all was silent. I kept looking back to see if she was coming up behind me. I kept telling myself that she had beaten the guards, and that she would catch up any second, and we would both come here together," he paused, a whine growing in his throat. For a moment, he sat breathing deeply, and then once he was sure he would not cry out in anguish, he continued. "But she never came. I ran along a river, to help the guards lose my scent, and then veered off in the direction my mother had told me to go. I found a cave that smelled thickly of bear along the way, and, having run for a very long time, I sat and rested. As I was sitting in the cave, I heard voices. The guards passed the cave, not knowing that I lay inside. I heard them talking about my mother, and I could see their beige muzzles caked in blood. '...the bitch had it coming to her too. Always smiling. Annoyed the f*** out of me,' one griped. 'Well now that we've wiped that f***ing grin off her face, we've got to find her f***ing kid...' the other chuckled. After that, they were gone, and I sat for another minute before dashing out, and heading here. That's pretty much when I met you Dominick," he concluded with a sigh, and then looked to the two listeners. "To answer your question in a nutshell, Ookami, she gave her life for me. The reason I'm here is because of her," he said carefully. He let out a sigh. He felt like a great weight had been lifted off his shoulders. He hoped, though, that his story would not scare off his new friends.

<style>
.vene-mtn01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.vene-mtn01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vene-mtn01 b {color:#000C15; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #fffff0; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.vene-mtn01 {background-color:#b0c79e; background-image:url(http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7052/venematop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0a1e2e; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:477px; text-align:justify; padding:240px 0px 5px 0px; }
.vene-mtn01-border {width:481px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]