Beaten, Bruised, and Scarred
Character Name: Venema Ikaon
Character Birthdate (including year): January 9, 2010
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Wolf
Species: 100% red wolf (Canis rufus)
Currently played characters: This is my first character.
How you found 'Souls: http://alphawolf.gotop100.com/

Initial post:

Escape... must escape... The trees had become little more than blurs is Venema's eyes as he pushed his legs harder, his ears straining for any signs of pursuit. He dared a look backwards, and was immediately punished by a low hanging branch. He yelped loudly, but continued. He couldn't stop now. He would be caught. He would be punished. He would die. He had been running for so long, and though his legs screamed their protest to his prolonged flight, he refused to stop. They might still be following after all. The scars on his muzzle were also beginning to sting again, and as hard as he tried to push his body to continue, he found himself slowing. He was panting heavily, his chest heaving. His ears were pinned back, and his tail drooped low. The trees began to thin as his tread became sluggish, and fatigued. He was almost there, if only he could go a little farther...

He stopped. Was that the scent he had been searching for? Was it the smell of a pack? Despite his exhaustion, he paced slowly back and forth, looking out at the hills he could see in the distance. Paradise... just like you said, mother. But he was not out of the woods yet... The double meaning reduced his anxiousness, if only slightly, and he waited, pacing, then sitting, then lying, then pacing again. Eventually, he decided the he would sit. It was a wary enough position that he could run, if indeed his pursuers were still tracking him, but it betrayed the worried knot that had settled in his stomach. He would risk trespassing if it was necessary. It was rejection, or death.
[html]
OOC: ELLO! ^-^ Hope yah don't mind if I reply?

Domonick walked along the edge of the border of Phoenix Valley, he had been out looking at the pack lands after his day at Mirror Lakes. He wanted to make sure he still had everything memorized like he used to. It felt good to walk around the Valley freely, instead of just staring at it from afar, knowing he couldn’t enter. He scratched the back of his head, looking around. ”Welp, I have this area down.”

His ears perked, he heard something not too far from him, he squinted his eyes, seeing if he could make out anything in the distance. He took a deep smell of the air around him, his eyes snapped open, he smelled someone he didn’t recognize. ”Time to meet someone new.” he said.

He took off towards the smell, he ran along the edge of the border, until he spotted a wolf in the distance. He slowed his running, trying to assess if he was friend or foe. He doesn’t look like an enemy, and they wouldn’t just sit and wait along the borders. he thought to himself. He took a deep breath and walked toward the stranger, keeping a watchful eye on him. Domonick watched as he paced back and forth, then stopped and sat.

”Hello.” Domonick said once he reached the stranger. He noticed that he seemed, fidgety, nervous. Domonick was tensed slightly, unsure why the new comer was acting this way. ”My name’s Domonick, nice to meet you,” he said with a smile on his face, albeit not letting down his guard, better safe than sorry.

<style>
.domi-a01 p {padding:0px 15px; text-indent:25px; margin-bottom:10px;}
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: Not at all. Smile

Venema did not have to wait long before he saw another wolf coming towards him through the thin layer of trees. It seemed to Venema that he was being cautious, but in Venema's mind he had every right to. Venema bowed his head to the approaching wolf, and gave a weak smile back. "My name is Venema, and the pleasure is all mine. I was just wondering... well... um..." In his hasty flight, Venema had not had the time to think of how he was going to propose this. Now he was stumbling over his words, and he was terrified that this would come off as disrespectful. "Would it be possible... if not it's completely fine, but... would it be possible... for me to... um..." Venema's gaze was completely averted, and yet Dominick's presence teriffied him. Just three more words... Venema stopped and took a breath, and spoke the final question slowly and deliberately. "Would it be alright if I joined your pack?"

The query had been made, and now there was nothing to do but pray he said yes. If they didn't accept him, he would surely be found, and caught, and dead. And he didn't want to be dead. He was only 15 months old after all. He took a quick look behind him to make sure that no one was coming through the trees, but to his relief, he saw nothing but his heavily scarred, rust-coloured flank. He breathed a sigh of relief, and turned back to the wolf.
[html]

Domonick smiled at the wolf’s nervousness about what to say. He listened intently, Domonick smiled. ”You wanna join Phoenix Valley, great!” his smiled was still plastered on his face. He scratched the back of his head again, looking around, ”I can’t let you join myself, but I can see if I can get someone who will be able to.” with that, he took a deep breath and let out a long, loud howl, hoping someone would hear. ”Hopefully they hear that.” he said looking towards the Pack lands.

He let out a small sigh and stretched. He looked at Venema, who appeared to be looking away from Domonick, Huh, I’m scary am I? Wait’ll he meets Jefferson. he let out a stupid snort of laughter at the thought of him meeting Jefferson. He composed himself quickly and smiled. ”So Venema, what brings you here, if I may ask of course.”

Domonick’s tail flicked from side to side behind him, his ears perked up. This new wolf may be acting nervous, but he sensed he had no reason to be afraid of him. He plopped down on the ground, a few feet away from Venema, waiting to listen to what he had to say. He enjoyed making new friends, listening to people talk, so he was listening intently, his goofy grin still plastered on his face.

<style>
.domi-a01 b {color:#80938F; letter-spacing:-.2px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; }
.domi-a01 {width:375px; background-color:#645141; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/feb2010/dom.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:178px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: "times new roman", times, serif; font-size:14px; color:#251C15; word-spacing:.7px; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ohai there C:

A mixtures of earthy greys and ivory whites was doing a simple patrol just as she had when she was brand new to this pack. There was no reason why the Savant could not enjoy the simple things with her new position as she had with her old. The life of a scout, of a loner before that even, had left a great impact on the Djose woman's life. To this day, a great joy the woman carried was the little runs she did around the pack during the day. Things were finally starting to calm down again, again she could run free without the fear of the black terror attacking her again. Tala was setting back the fear, accepting that she was in charge of protecting these lands and had to leave those fears behind

The small paws carried her over banks of snow and around trees, the land still mending and self cleaning the aftermath of the wicked storm. Though it had happened such a while ago, the land still showed remnants. Cold wind whistling by her ears was soothing, but what was this? A sound of a howl. It was a request, a call. The direction the small frame pointed was changed almost instantly as the very same white paws carried her towards the call. Her duties as Savant were calling her. Time to prove to everyone that she was fit for this job. Despite her lack of experience.

Amber eyes of her Lupus form landed on a sight of two wolves she did not know. The scent of one male smelled of the Valley. A member she had yet to meet, odd. The other was a stranger to her and the land. Now she was here to ask her question. "Hello there, my name is Tala Djose, Savant of this Valley." Her head dipped in acknowledgment to the pair as eyes darted between the two males with a friendly smile plastered to her lips. "How may I be of service?" Was this a man looking to join the ranks or was he a loner simply crossing by, maybe causing trouble? No no, it didn't look like that at all.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
As the new wolf approached, Venema dipped his head even lower, and kept his eyes fixed on the ground. He had a hard enough time breaking the question to a regular wolf. Even speaking to an official was beyond his capabilities. He could only manage a small whine. It shamed him that he was being such a coward, but he had never been a dominant wolf, and years of abuse had lessened what little dominance he might have ever had. He glanced up at Dominick before wrestling his eyes back to the ground. He prayed Dominick would ask her for him, and not make him say it himself.

Then, just as Dominick asked his question, Venema thought he heard something coming from the trees behind him, but as he turned, he saw nothing. "I- I- I'm running. From my past, I guess you could say. And if- if you turn me away now-" Venema stuttered, but said no more, only whined once again. His eyes were no longer fixed on the ground, but were now darting around, scanning the foliage anxiously. He prayed they had not followed.
[html]
OOC: Sorry about the length, only have about ten minutes until people look at the open house xD

Domonick was still smiling when he heard the sound of a newcomer. He turned his head at the sound of the voice, Another new person, damn, I really was gone a long time. He nodded his head in junction with hers, trying to be respectful. ”Hello Tala, my name is Domonick, it’s very nice to meet you.” I’m not coming across as overly polite am I? he thought to himself, he shook his head slightly and chuckled.

He looked at Venema, who was answering Domonick’s previous question, stuttering a response almost. Domonick’s smile slightly faded, Running away from something. He flashed back to his own past, running away from something, trying to get away. He looked toward Tala, ”He wants to join the pack,” his voice was somber, he could relate to the new wolf, he felt sympathetic ”I’m in no position to accept him into the pack myself, but that’s why I called.”

He turned to Venema, watching as he was looking around, almost in a panic. ”Hey, you can calm down, whatever it is, everything is fine within these borders. Trust me.” with that, his smile returned.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Venema silently thanked Dominick for the reassurance, but he knew that he was not safe. Not until he had been accepted. "You don't know these wolves. They would have no problem killing me this close to another pack's borders, even with two other wolves present. They would give no second thought to killing you if you protested either. They are monsters through and through. My mother saw this, and we fled together. And unless you let me in, they will find me," he said gravely, "They would not declare war on an entire pack, however. If you were to let me in, I would be safe. Do you know what my Mother called this place? Paradise," he concluded with a sigh, then whined.

His tail tucked neatly between his legs, he prayed they would not send him away. He needed them to understand that rejecting him would be sentencing him to death. The scars all over his body was certainly testament to the viciousness of his pursuers, and he hoped that his mother had been right about this pack. He trusted her wholeheartedly, and Dominick's kindness had been testament to her words, but he was still uneasy. He had never had contact with anyone outside of the pack he was raised in, and he had no idea what the other wolves were like. He had imagined that they would be mostly the same, but he was slowly realizing just how wrong he was. They both had constant smiles on their faces. No wolf inside his pack had smiled for more than a couple of seconds, aside from his mother. Oh mother...
[html]

out of character text

There was a sense of timidness in the air that Tala was unsure of. There was often wolves who requested to join packs in such nature, but this felt...different. Domonick said that this stranger wished to join the pack and the dapple head of the female nodded in understanding. Well, in that case she was glad she had shown up. Because of Jefferson's leave to Aniwaya as of late she was in charge of such duties lately. That, and the attitude of the leader might have run this poor boy off with just a few words. It was rare that the gentle nature of the woman came in handy.

Tala watched and listened to each male speak. One after the other they put in their pieces of information and Tala listened with perked charcoal ears. "Well, it seems to me like you could use a home of peace." Her feminine rasp was gentle as of the moment, her amber eyes tender. "I think we can find a place for you here, using your talents and attributes to work for the pack as a whole. We are dreamers, but we work together for those dreams. Venema, I will not turn you away to a death as cruel as you claim." Her head dipped in welcome as she gave soft eyes to Domonick in thanks for her summoning.

"I welcome you to Phoenix Valley, I don't doubt you'll fit right in here in no time. We are all family here." And with that, Tala wagged her shortened tail at the pair before she turned, using her shoulders to urge the two males to follow deeper into the pack. It was done. It was time to show this stranger just what this Valley pack was made of.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]
[html]

Domonick’s arms were crossed in front of him; Venema’s words were making him look towards the woods, just in case someone actually was close to the Valley. He listened intently to what he had to say, Domonick liked this new wolf, he felt sympathetic for him. ”Paradise huh? Suits it.” he said grinning.

He looked toward Tala, and listened to what she had to say. A bigger smile spread across his face as she welcomed Venema into the pack. Domonick nodded his head slightly at her, in return. He looked back towards Venema, ”See, this place will be here for you, nothing can hurt you here. he knelt down beside Venema, placing a hand on his back, smiling, ”I promise.”

He may not know this wolf very well, besides what they’ve just talked about, but he knew that if he was in danger, he’d make sure to help him out. He was a member of the pack know, a part of the family, Domonick knew that no matter what, no one hurt anyone within this pack. He would protect anyone he could.

He stood back up, looking toward Tala, who motioned for them to follow her. He looked down at Venema, smiling. ”Come on, you can relax here, let’s go.” With that he took off towards Tala, his big goofy grin spread across his face.
p>

<style>
</style>
[/html]