A Silhouette's Stream
[html]<style type="text/css">
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#revan01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#revan01b .ooc { color: #752525; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#revan01b .speak { color: #ffdcdc; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

WC: 525(5pts)

OOC:

It wasn't the first time Revan had been outside of his beloved homelands, but it still was a very uncomfortable experience. Of course, it was good training for the young jackal scout in training. One, he was getting used to the territory, territory he had never set eye nor paw on before, and it was thrilling. Whereas before he hiked through territory that was entirely familiar to him, this was alien, new dangers lurking around every tree and behind every rock, it was...exciting. The familiar adrenaline pumping through his veins welcomed back like an old friend.

He couldn't possibly begin to know where he was, but he did know how to get back home, so that wasn't necessarily bad. Last time he had left the Inferni borders, it had been intense, as if it was going against everything he believed in, like the moment he stepped out bears would rip him to pieces. Of course, it was at that time that he had remembered he had been born and lived outside of these lands, so what was there to be afraid of? Now he was closer to Inferni than he had been before, but he still couldn't tell exactly where he was.

He passed by several hundred trees, wrecks and ruins of things from days long past, even a shed that he was sure had been used more than once for...various things. The most interesting of these items, however, was not a wreck or a ruin at all, nor anything made by anything but the great creator himself. It was a stream, but not just any stream. To Revan, it was an oasis built just for him. Even from where he was he could tell the water was warm, and he could see a perfect outcropping that he would just love to jump from. This was it then, this is what he had set out to find that day when he left, when his urge to explore started acting up again.

It didn't take long to reach the outcropping and Revan had been so focused on it that he didn't notice anything else around him. All he could do was focus on the jump, on the thrill of doing something he had never done before. He stood precariously on the edge of the outcrop, took a deep breath, and jumped before he could talk himself out of it. All that could be heard was the rushing of wind in his ears and cutting around his body and limbs, as well as his loud scream of "BAAAAANZAAAAAIIIIIIII!" All the way until it was cut off by a loud crash of water.

Revan close his eyes and just floated lazily under the water, listening to the war drums beating in his chest. It was amazing, sitting here surrounded by water, alone in the quiet peace of it. His rigorous cardio training allowed him to stay under for as long as he wanted, but it wasn't long before he surfaced, swimming to sit on the water of the comfortable spring. He was so into enjoying this moment that he had no idea anyone else was nearby.

[/html]
[html]

Hope this is good! WOTD || WC→400+

What a nice day, Layla thought to herself as she ran her hands over her wet fur. The sky was as beautiful and clear as it had ever been. It made the female anticipate summer. It was nice enough for a bath and that was how she found this stream. When she eased in, she realized it was surprisingly warm and deep for a stream. She briefly wondered why but soon turned her mind to other things. As she broke apart the nasty dried sweat and dirt from under her fur, she thought back to Leon.

He had a dead mate and what does she do? Layla sighed and shrank into the water as she scolded herself. What a mistake that had been, and she knew it when her mind returned to her. It wasn’t that he was bad, or that it didn’t feel right because it did at the time, or that he had regretted it openly, Layla just knew. "I just need to let go and relax. Hakuna matata, right?" she said softly to herself. Floating on her back, the femme stared at the sky above her. Still bright blue and peaceful from what she could see. There was a cliff in the way. As she closed her eyes, she drifted closer to the cliff. She didn't expect what came next, no one would.

A loud foreign word exploded through her mind, wrenching her from her relaxed state. Blue eyes wide and ears flat, she swam backward closer to the cliff's base. Layla saw a dark figure fall from the sky and splash into the stream before her. Frantically she tried to see what had hidden beneath the surface of the current. The wait was like sitting on tenterhooks and the suspense ate at her from the inside.

Suddenly, a head arose from the depths and started moving away from her. It was definitely canine, but from where she treaded nothing else could be detailed. "You could at least say hello when you drop on in," she said, her arms crossed over her bosom. She really didn’t need someone to point out the fact she had nipples. “You scared the shit out of me,” her white maw mumbled loudly. Layla felt almost like he had intruded on her. She tried to calm herself down. He probably hadn't even known she was there. He better not, she thought as she glanced in the direction where she had placed her backpack among the rocks.

<style type="text/css">
.laylamask b {font-weight:bold; color:#39229c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.laylamask .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.laylamask p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.laylamask {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#0d2545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/th2r6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#01060c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

WC: 366(3pts)

Revan jumped suddenly as a voice broke the calm and quiet of the stream. He turned in the water, catching sight of one of the most beautiful females he had ever seen in his life, and even better soaking wet at the moment, and he was shocked to the point where there was an awkward silence before he said anything. "I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone else was here, otherwise I would have said I'm dropping in." He smiled at the female and laughed as he realized the hilarity of the situation. "You have to admit though, there is a bit of humor in this. Sure there's the shock of somebody just dropping in on you, but that's the funny part isn't it? Surely you can admit that that is pretty funny, all though I can imagine from your side it might have gone a bit differently. Still, I like to see the humor in things, makes the day seem that much brighter."

He smiled again, but almost as soon as it had appeared it faltered a bit. "You're ok right? I didn't land on you or anything?" She obviously didn't look injured from what he could see, but one could never be too careful. To help try and break the tension, Revan swam over to her, offering a hand to shake. It wasn't a very customary greeting and Revan admitted that before today he had never used the gesture before, but somehow he knew it was an appropriate thing to do in this situation. "I'm Revan, Revan Rajanikant. Seriously though, if I had known I would have been more careful. I didn't mean to interrupt your bath, but you don't have to leave on my account. We can share the spring." He dove under, enjoying the warmth of the spring before emerging back at the spot where he was. He didn't fail to notice her eying the shore. "Are you from around here? In a pack maybe?"

Revan could tell he had upset her by dropping in, but how was he to know she was there? Make a habit of checking streams before he jumped in? He didn't even know anybody else was around here.

<style type="text/css">
.poisondrop_06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poisondrop_06 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.poisondrop_06 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.poisondrop_06 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5638/poison01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 25px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No OOCC || WC→450+

As the figure turned around to face her, it was now apparent that it was male. His large ears reminded her of a coyote but he was unlike any coyote she had ever seen. Maybe he was some breed of dog she had yet to see, or a mutt. As he stared at her, her blue eyes stared at his. He had some strange, yet captivating red markings around his amber eyes. What a strange Luperci. He might even be as strange as her. As he apologized, her shoulders relaxed but her eyes did not leave his face. His smile was contagious and brought a small curl to her own mouth. No matter how hard Layla tried to be stern, she always failed. He seemed to think it was funny that he had startled her.

"Well, I guess someone can find it funny," Layla agreed to humor him. She was obviously not as entertained as he. She could respect why he tried to find humor in life, it was more enjoyable that way. He did at least make sure to ask if she was alright. If he had landed on her, she would have made sure he knew it. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine, just surprised." The male swam toward her. Her arms tightened across her chest. It was easy to guess that she wasn't used to swimming with strangers. Then he did something she didn't believe.

He offered her a handshake and his name. Her flattened ears slowly rose up on her head; studs and cuffs glinting in the sun at the motion. She quickly took his hand and grasped it, keeping the other against her chest. "I'm Layla. It's rare to find a canine that knows a decent handshake. You can't be all that bad, Revan Rajanikant." she said with a wide smile. She loosened her grip to break the handshake and ran her fingers through her hair. "That's quite the unique name," she added. "Oh, don't worry about it. I was just whining," Layla laughed, shooing away the subject. Shit happens, that's life.

Revan offered to share the water with her; obviously noticing her side-glance for her stuff. "Oh! Well, maybe for a little bit longer. I mean, there's nothing I really must get done," Layla said, adding, "No, I have no pack. I'm a loner. A-And, I'm from Montana actually. I just got here little over half a month ago. I normally set up a temporary camp in some caves north of here." Sinking her chest beneath the surface, Layla loosened up. At least her mind was off of Leon now. This could actually turn out for the better. "And how about you?" The female asked politely.

<style type="text/css">
.laylamask .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.laylamask {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#0d2545; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/th2r6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 280px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#01060c; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

WC: 445(3pts)

Revan smiled even wider as he notice her seem to calm down some. He even noticed a smile beginning to form on her muzzle. He had never before seen such a miraculous change on someone as he had seen on the female when he offered to shake her hand and gave her his name. Interesting, she seemed to really like the handshake. Good call Revan. "Well nice to meet you Layla, that is a lovely name I must say, and the handshake is something I learned early on. It's rare to see a canine who appreciates or even uses the gesture, but something about you just gave off that signal. You're right about that though, I'm a very nice guy and I don't plan on being any different to you. You seem like a nice Layla." He smiled again, sloshing the water around a bit.

Revan looked up as she commented about his name. "Well thank you. Rajanikant means "Lord of Night". My family goes waaay back, my great ancestor was a full blooded Jackal who was captured by humans with his mate. My family traveled alot through the generations, mixing genes with coyotes, with me winding up here, the last of my line except for my mother, who's also a full blooded Jackal, father, and sister. I haven't heard from them in months, but I don't worry about them. They can take care of themselves well enough."

Revan's ears perked a bit as she accepted his offer to stay. She was pleasant company, to say the least, and he enjoyed talking with her, as well as taking in her beauty. "A loner from Montana...I don't think my family's ever been to Montana, but I have heard nice things. I grew up with a coyote/dog pack nearby my family and they have all sorts of types from all over the world. My mother actually came here from Africa and met my dad, a coyote/jackal hybrid. I've been living with Inferni for the past several months, training to be a scout. This is actually only the second time I've left Inferni's borders, and how lucky do I get to find to find such a lovely female here, with such unique markings as well..." He smiled again, conversation flowing easily.

"If you don't mind me asking, what are you? I don't mean any offense, I'm just wondering since you have a very unique appearance. You look more dog than wolf or coyote..I've met quite a few dogs and coyotes, did I mention that all ready?" He laughed, slightly embarrassed at his rambling. He was just very excited to meet such a pretty female.

<style type="text/css">
.poisondrop_06 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.poisondrop_06 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5638/poison01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 25px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WOTD || WC→550+

The male’s smile knew no bounds, it seemed. How nice it was to meet someone as happy as he. Normally, Layla would be simpatico to Revan. Steadily, she was warming up to this guy however. He was making it obvious that he had no intent to hurt her, though Layla rarely believe anyone did. “Why thank you. Not as original as Revan, surely, but it fits,” she laughed nervously. “I know, right? All the d- All the packs back home use it frequently, yet so few here do,“ Layla shook her head disapprovingly. “Why thank you. Do you know many other Layla’s?” she asked jokingly. Revan was being so friendly and she had this strange urge to be difficult. The female would probably stop in her antics soon, but for now she enjoyed her little game.

Layla learned possibly more than she would have care to about the surname “Rajanikant”. She was right, it was unique in the fact it was foreign. The guy was such a talker, it made her smile less awkward. The femme did find out quite underhandedly as to what Revan was. She had been correct about the coyote, but she would have never guessed jackal. She had only heard the word a handful of times, tossed at tricksters and thieves, but until now she had never seen one. And he was only half jackal. Somehow, the jackal in him made it easier to deal with him, despite his coyote heritage. Layla didn’t even understand why she disliked coyotes. Maybe it was because she was too obsessed with wolves to be any different. Yet here was a part coyote and he wasn’t nearly as bad as she would have thought he’d be. “Yes, I can see that. I heard jackals were very… antipack?”

Well, her decision to stay seemed to lift the male’s spirits, a task she was sure others thought was impossible. “Wow, really? All of my pack was native. But yes, you can find anything in Montana,” Layla said. The name Inferni hit her ears and they involuntarily flicked to the sides and back. The mixture of emotions throttled her. On one side, she had the urge to grind her teeth. She did not have the best opinion of Inferni from what she had heard. On the other side, she wanted to blush from the wonder compliments. She chose to ignore the Inferni comment and focus on the flattery instead, like any self-respecting fae would do. “Aw, thank you! You flatter me too much,” she replied with a small giggle.

Revan asked her what she was, specie wise. “Err…” was all she could manage for a moment. Regaining her standing, she replied, “I’m a wolf, of course. I guess it’s possible for a wolf to look like a dog. After all, all dogs are really super close, genetics wise. German shepherds especially, from what I hear. Maybe you’ve been surrounded by coyotes for so long that you’ve forgotten what a wolf looks like.” Now Layla was the one rambling as she shrugged her shoulders. Changing the subject quickly, she asked, “So what do you have to do later on? I mean, I’m a loner. I have nothing I have to do. But… you’re different."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

WC: 584(5pts)

She seemed to be loosening up, allowing Revan to flatter and speak as he pleased, but the entire time she spoke, Revan could tell she was trying to hide something, especially when she started to say what he could only assume was dogs, but changed it to wolves instead. It seemed there was more to this female than meets the eye. "You're welcome, and no, you're the first Layla I've met so far, though hopefully this won't be the last time that I will meet you." Revan smiled, taking in the small details that he wasn't really allowed to see until now, and his eyes lingered heavily on the unique markings on her face. Looks like a wolf...she must really like wolves..

Revan shook his head at the common assumption that came with jackals. "In a way that is true, but that was back when my ancestors lived in africa. Things are much different today, but of course there are still those who insist on sticking to the old beliefs, as is the same of course with those certain dogs that claim they are wolves to belong within a wolf pack, or that they are ashamed of their dog heritage for some reason. Things change as the years go by, nature offers alternatives and we as creatures of the forest etch out our own existence among those alternatives." The montana comment wasn't a particularly important comment, so he let it file within his mind and move on.

He tilted his head when the female's ears went back, but as quickly as it happened he had to question if it really did. "You're welcome, but it's not flattery. I'm merely pointing out the obvious." He smiled again, Revan's trademark smile, and then came the speech about how she was not a dog and that she was a wolf and how German Shepherds were closer to wolves than dogs. The female didn't know who she was dealing with. Revan was a scout, trained to look for details within landscapes as well as living creatures. Even if he hadn't been that well trained or received no training at all, he had grown up around dogs and knew the scent as well as the characteristics of dogs. Little did anyone know there were also wolves welcome among the pack he had grown up with, but he had withheld that information from his packmates in Inferni. That wouldn't have boded well for the jackal.

Nevertheless, he could tell the female was hiding something, but the biggest question was whether to pursue it or to just let it go? "Layla...I know you're hiding something. Your secret is safe with me. German Shepherd or Wolf," And he had used German Shepherd because she had mentioned it and it was the first dog species that came to his mind. "human or butterfly, I don't care what you are, I am not going to judge you. You're beautiful either way." Revan stared into her wonderfully deep eyes. "As for what I do...I'm a scout. I'm trained to patrol the borders, as well as gather information and report it back to my leaders. Today however, is a sort of day off for me. I didn't really have anything to do after I finished my daily hike and workout, so I headed out for another exploring session outside of Inferni's lands. I don't have anything else planned however, what about you?" Revan was anxious to find out this next bit of information.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

After your next post I'll start the next thread! || WC→450+

"Indeed," Layla said with a curt smile. She had never before met another Layla and didn't think she'd be annoyed by one. Yet, she could easily be wrong and annoyed that someone was calling her name and someone else was answering. The male stared intensely at her dyed fur. This made Layla feel quite uncomfortable and difficult to not show it. This male was quite interesting, even if his accusing gaze was too searching for her tastes.

"Oh," the femme said. she knew little about jackals. One could say that she never cared to. In her pack, dogs were the only important ones. Wolves were respected as their ancestors and included in their tales of old, but otherwise they were seen as savages. They didn't care for coyotes, never meeting a purebred worth anything good by their standards. As for jackals, they never even bothered to form an opinion. Layla cringed at his statement about dogs pretending to be wolves. It sounded so... shallow and stupidly lame when he said it like that.

Layla's blushing lingered from the flattery that he insisted was only the truth. What a ladies man, she thought. Thankfully she was sopping wet right now and would hold no dog scent for Revan to find. And after this dip, Layla planned to vanish as quickly as possible and mask her scent with the various oils she possessed. Revan should not have pursued Layla's secret. Despite the beautiful speech about him liking her whether she was a dog, a wolf, a butterfly, or a human, Layla froze and narrowed her eyes. "Oh really? Well, I feel so relieved I can finally tell someone what I really am... I'm a cat. A big mountain cat in disguise," she said sarcastically. Deep emotional moment ruined.

"So, are you going to tell your Inferni leaders about me? A wolf? I bet they'd have your hide," she laughed, circling around Revan and slowly swimming to her stuff. She tried not to bump him, but failed awkwardly. "Me? No, my days are quite free between eating, sleeping, and hiding my squirrel nature from others..." she drawled on in a sigh. "Oh, the life of a loner," she said. She reached for her pack and quickly clambered out of the stream. "Hm, well, now that I think of it, I should feed myself," she said as she quick slipped into her Secui form. "Good day, Revan Rejanikant. Thanks for the chat," was the last thing she said as she put the backpack in her jaws and left him with a graceful bound, hitting the ground at a full run. Her black and white fur disappeared in the foliage of the area.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Revan laughed hard at the mountain cat comment, not failing to notice her delicate reactions to his own, the blushing, the gentle twitches of her ears, the lights in her eyes. She was interested in him, that was a given, but just how much? "Really? You too? Wow I thought I was the only mountain cat in disguise in this area!" He laughed, loving the sarcasm in her voice, but when she asked her next question, it brought a look of confusion to his eyes, tilting his head slightly. "Why would I tell my leaders about you? You're not trespassing or causing harm to Inferni in any way. What makes you-" But before Revan could say anything else, Layla bumped into him and interrupted his sentence shortly before deciding to end the conversation and take her leave. Revan didn't even have time to form the words before her tail disappeared into the bushes. Even though she was gone he still yelled after her. "It was wonderful talking to you as well, I hope we meet again sometime." But he wasn't sure if he would ever meet the strange female again.

Hmm..perhaps it wasn't meant to be, whatever may have occurred as a result of this meeting. Oh well..Until we meet again Ms Hides Behind A Mask. Revan lazed around in the spring for a while longer, not wanting the female's sudden departure to ruin his soak until finally with a refreshed feeling, he got out and shook himself dry, retrieving his pack from where he had stashed it and setting off to explore some more. Perhaps he would meet Layla again someday, and perhaps not. The only thing that was for certain was Revan would never forget her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]