I wanna ditch the logical [joining]
[html]
ooc: Here is a picture of her travels here xD
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/phys...g
[Image: ooc-1.jpg]

And so Ember had left the land of dead sunflowers.

She wasn't sure where she was going or who she might meet...but the idea was that she was going somewhere. She had scavenged over the burnt lands for at least a week, trying to find things that she would be able to use in her new home before moving on to other lands. The first place that the girl had come to was interesting...a place with fields and fields of dead flowers. It was encouraging to see lands that had been untouched by the fires, but at the same time she wasn't too excited about all of the dead plants. That and the fact that the sunflowers' stems were prickly. They hurt her paws to walk over.

Ember didn't realize that she was nearing a packland until she was almost to the borderline. She immediately halted, her hackles raising. She'd assumed that everyone had died in the fire, that she was the only survivor of it...so she was expecting to find strangers here. Maybe they wouldn't welcome a new wolf on the territory.

She hadn't seen her father or siblings anywhere in the burnt lands...not even Dierdre or Pilot. After she'd left the territory with all the dead flowers, she'd wound up back in the mountains. These new territories were really confusing...and Ember had spent at least three days wandering around the mountains before she'd found anything new. This time it was some woods. She had walked through the woods for a while, and hadn't left them yet.

Her hunting skills were good enough for her to keep herself fed, but it was obvious that she hadn't been eating as much as she should have been. Each day she had tried to get farther, walking and walking and walking...she was burning up more calories than she was taking in.

The dark wolf sat down, staring toward the treeline. She wasn't sure if she ought to call for someone or not...but how else would they know that she was there? She lifted her head, her voice travelling toward the trees, a long, announcing call.
[/html]
[html]
The past several weeks had been remarkably eventful. Tristan had gone from a loner to someone with a purpose—he was to protect this pack, though mostly, he was concerned for his sister. Fatin had changed overnight, it seemed, but he was with her the nights when it seemed dawn would never break. She cried and writhed and spoke their names aloud and he could do nothing to help her. So he had settled into a day-to-day of patrolling, keeping himself fed, and making sure that Fatin was well enough off. He had not spoken to the others unless briefly in passing, and that suited him just fine.

A call soon pulled the red wolf from his path, and he trailed it towards the outer edge of the pack lands. What he soon found was a young girl. She was skinny and smelt vaguely of soot, which meant she was from the land over the mountain. Of course. The stragglers would come in time. “Yes?” His voice was easy, though deep and worn by the years alone and in the wild.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

His scent concerned her; he smelled like Dierdre, in a way. Her nose wasn't that good, still used to all of the smells of smoke and cinders, but that much she could tell. Maybe it was the scent of Jaded Shadows. She wasn't sure. Ember had left the lands for a short while to look for her mother Iskata and her littermate Firefly, but hadn't had any luck finding them. When she'd returned, it had been to the ravaged territories that these wolves had escaped from.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, she needed a home. A pack. She couldn't hunt bigger prey by herself, and she needed larger and larger amounts of meat now that she was growing. Storm had been her only home for such a long time, though...she had expected everything to still be there when she got back. That maybe Phoenix would be waiting there for her, having found Iskata and Firefly...that she might be able to have a real family again.

The midmorning sun shone down from above, warming her fur as she awaited his approach. He was a pack wolf, and she knew enough to show respect to him for that. He had something, she had nothing. Her ragged body lowered to the ground, bright eyes turned upwards so that she could still see him."I...I have come here from the burned territory to the northeast, Sir. I don't know if any of my family survived, but I could smell that there were wolves here..." She'd had all this time to think of something to say, but now the words seemed lost. "Ember Phoenix. I'm Ember."

[/html]
[html]
The name meant nothing, as Tristan had been a member of Jaded Shadows only long enough to find Alarice. The two had left soon after that. He expected the story, he expected she had come from there, and he only watched her quietly. She was young, inexperience, skinny—but she had survived. That alone meant something to him. “Tristan Nakado. You’re on the borders of Labyrinth Glen,” he explained, pale eyes locked on her face. “If you’re looking for a place to stay, I’m sure we can offer you a home.” He did not ask her for anything more. She had survived. She had proven herself as it stood.
[/html]
[html]
ooc

Labryinth Glen. It was a peculiar name, one that would be burned forever into her memory, now. Her new home. Was he the leader, here? Her nose could tell her that there were others, but how many? She wondered how many wolves had made it out of the fire alive...if any of her family had lived. She was hoping to see Kansas here, definitely, and maybe somebody would have news about Phoenix.

"Pleased to meet you, Tristan." She said first. "I would be glad to have somewhere to stay. I was a member of Storm, along with a lot of my family. Dierdre, Pilot, Phoenix, Kansas, Icarus...do any of those names sound familiar to you? I just...I definitely want to stay here, either way. I was only wondering if some of my family might have made it here. I suppose that any of the Sadiras would also count, too...but I haven't met a lot of them."

[/html]
[html]
Her limp wasn't so noticeable, and for awhile the amber female was content to watch her brother do what he seemed to do best. Tristan was the one most appropriate for the guardian rank, and Fatin was glad to have him there with them, watching over them. Still unaware of what she felt she had settled in her heart and yet what tormented her sleep, Fatin did not know the reasons for her brother's troubled slumber. She approached the two, just hearing the tail end of their conversation. "My niece and fellow leader, Melisande, is a Sadira. Her father is Lisichka Sadira, son of Ceres Sadira....I assume you have ties then?" She asked quietly, green eyes drifitng from Tristan to the young Ember repeated.
[/html]
[html]

She didn't look like either of her parents and didn't look like any of her siblings either. Maybe they wouldn't believe her when she said that she was a member of the family. She had come here not knowing whether anyone she knew would still be around. When Iskata had left to look for Firefly, she'd been pretty young...Phoenix had been really great, taking care of all of them. He'd answered all the questions that she'd had about her mother and the Sadira family--because of this, Ember knew most of the names. She'd just never had the chance to actually see them.

Fatin approached and she resumed her previous position quietly. "Lisichka is my uncle, ma'am. Ceres is my grandmother...so Melisande is my cousin?" She didn't remember that name, Melisande. "Iskata is my mother, and Phoenix is my father. I haven't seen mom in months, though, and Dad was so sick...I'm not sure if he made it out or not. I wasn't even there when it happened.." She felt an overwhelming wave of guilt creeping over. "And Dierdre. My adopted sister. I haven't seen her either."

A sudden frantic feeling was taking her over. "But you lived, didn't you? There are more of you here"

[/html]
I'ma skip Tristan because I'm a meanie! and Fatin would be almost instantaneous in responding

[html]
Softly she cooed to the younger girl, reaching out gently, but then deciding against contact. Maybe the girl wouldn't want it; no doubt Phoenix had told his children poor things about her. "Dierdre is my granddaugther by my son Thanos; and Lisichka is my adopted brother....your father and I only met once, and we didn't really hit it off. I won't lie about that; it's not my style." She said quietly, looking at her brother briefly.

"If you need a home and a family while you search for yours, we'll gladly offer it. I'm looking for my family too, so far I've just found Melisande and Tristan here, my brother. My name's Fatin Kali, by the way." Fatin knew all the pains the young child must have been going through, she didn't even know if her own daughter and son had made it....they had been so young too! "Maybe we could search together even." She said quietly, half to herself.
[/html]
[html]

Phoenix had been sick for such a long time...Ember couldn't remember the last time they'd had a conversation. Dierdre had pulled her out of the snow after the avalanche and they'd all sat together around the fire in the cave...but that was the last time they'd all been together for a while. In the last few weeks she hadn't even been around, either, so she hadn't really heard anything about Fatin or anyone in Jaded Shadows.

"I would love to stay here and help you look, too. I can do some things, like tracking and hunting...but I'm afraid that other than that I won't be of much use. But if you'll have me, then I'll stay."

[/html]
[html]
Fatin swept in like a red ghost, and she spoke to the girl for several moments. It turned out Ember (an ironic name, he supposed) had survived the fire only to lose her family. He knew that she was inexperienced in survival, from her size and the dull luster of her fur. It was her spirit and the will to survive that had brought her this far. She was incredibly lucky she had not crossed the path of the coyotes—they would have cut her down like it was nothing. “She made it this far,” he mused to Fatin, knowing she would not turn away the girl. “I’d even be willing to take her on as a hunting apprentice.” This time, he smiled faintly, sparing his sister a glance.
[/html]
[html]
She smiled faintly watching her brother and then the young girl. "Don't worry Dear, we'll take care of you. We can teach you different things if you want to know them, like I know how to paint and to heal....we have very skilled wolves here, and we will do all we can to make you feel like this is family until we find yours." Fatin moved her arm gracefully, making a sweeping arch towards the pack's heartlands. "Welcome home."
[/html]
[html]

Ember hadn't been sure about where her life was going for a while, in her weeks of wandering...but now she knew. She could make something for herself here, instead of trying to go it alone. It made sense for her to settle somewhere--once she got to a secure spot she could find out more about who else was in the area. She couldn't wait to see the others that had made it, the ones she hadn't met yet. Already, these two were very welcoming.

"I want to know everything" She said finally. "I'd love some hunting lessons-I keep scaring everything away" With everyone else smiling, she felt the urge overtake her as well. Soon she was grinning, looking out toward the area that Fatin, her newfound adopted aunt, gestured to. "I'm home."
[/html]