Fireflies Light the Way
[html]<style type="text/css">
#revan01b { width: 400px; background: #000 url('http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n571/britcurtisxo/revan1.png') bottom center no-repeat; padding-bottom: 300px; padding-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #000; color: #a15151; font-family: georgia; font-size: 14px; text-align: justify; }
#revan01b p { margin: 10px 20px; line-height: 15px; }
#revan01b .ooc { color: #752525; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 15px; }
#revan01b .speak { color: #ffdcdc; font-weight: bold; }
</style>

WC:367(3pts)

OOC:

This was it. Today was the day that he had finally gotten up the urge and the nerve to leave Inferni's borders, to set out and explore this strange new land now that the snows had gone and spring, hell summer, had arrived here. Revan smiled as he walked past the familiar skulls after standing there on the other side of them for what seemed like an eternity, arguing with himself to not be a chicken and just go for it. A few tentative steps later, Revan had passed the skull borders and ran like a pup finally allowed outside of the birthing den.

Here he was, certainly not the first Infernian to set paw in these lands and definitely not the last, but he was the first in his family to do so. Long had he dreamed of this day, long nights sleeping had him out here, claiming this territory for Inferni and defending Inferni's name over there, but of course he knew those were only dreams. To him, this was an adventure in and of itself, and he took great enjoyment in exploring the forests, hiding from wolves he saw on his travels, climbing trees, discovering plants he had never seen before...

All this fun was something he hadn't experienced since he was a pup, since he had left his family alone, and he relished in it, smilingly widely all the way up until he picked up a scent. He skidded to a stop, sniffing at a nearby tree. "What is that? Is that a territory marker? Where am I?" How far had he traveled? He didn't recognize the scent marker, but then again he never met anyone from another pack. He sat down and looked around, slightly confused as to what to do now. The powerful yearning urge to explore past these lands was driving him on, but his father had always taught him to never ever trespass into an unknown pack's territory, and that was something he was absolutely not going break.

It was with that memory that he had decided to move down the territory line, sniffing the territory markers so he could get around the territory and continue on his journey.

[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the delay! Word Count: 375

Pixie had spent the last few days wandering—not anywhere in particular, but in and around the territory. Spring was here, at last; she was taking the time to enjoy the woods and meadows that had been covered in snow for what seemed like years. She had only ridden Magic from the manor to the edge of the forest that followed the Lenape River. From there she had traveled north alongside the river on foot, wearing her black-and-white scarf but, for once, not having her guitar slung on her back. She had considered bringing it, but had decided against it in favor of being able to sprint along the banks, leaping over rocks and fallen logs—which she was doing right at that moment.

But then she caught an unfamiliar scent in the breeze, and a moment later she skidded to a stop when she saw some sort of coyote mix sniffing at one of the trees. Was he from that Inferni place, where that other coyote mix Faolin was from? Shit, Faolin must have told her pack members about the wolf she had met in Halifax who had dared to say she looked like she had some dog in her blood. Now they were here to ambush them or something. However, as Pixie watched the young male a little longer, she noticed that he seemed a little confused. Maybe he was just lost. They were near the territory markers, after all, judging by the scent. Maybe he had just stumbled upon the borders by accident. He didn’t seem too threatening; in fact, as the young wolfess couldn’t help but notice, there was kind of attractive.

Trying her best to look as though she were a higher ranking member of Crimson Dreams, she approached the stranger with a stride that was meant to look confident but, she was sure, looked pretty stupid. Then she changed her mind and just decided to walk normally towards the guy, albeit with her head held a little higher than normal. “So, what’s a stray coyote doing on our borders?” she asked while looking over him. He had some nice tattoos. Cool hair, too. Wait, what the hell am I doing? she wondered, quickly wiping those thoughts from her head.

<style>
.pixieguitar-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.pixieguitar p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.pixieguitar b {color:#ff0457; font-weight:bold;}
.pixieguitar {width:365px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ffff09; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2927/souls49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a2a2a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

As Revan walked along the borders, he began to wonder what would have happened had he not met Inferni first and ran into another pack instead, perhaps this one just as an example. Would they have allowed him to join? Would they have pushed him away because of his coyote/jackal heritage? Revan didn't know much about this pack, but he could pick up some scents of various creatures going through here. It was easy to give the benefit of the doubt, assume this pack would have welcomed him in with open arms, but that certainly didn't give him any thoughts about trespassing.

No, Revan didn't even so much as paw the line, staying quite a distance from it, even as a sudden crunching caused him to turn just as a female wolf came into view and spoke to him. At first Revan thought he had been mistaken when he had thought he wasn't near the territory line, but the scent of the markers was still a ways away, so that thought was quickly put to rest. He smiled, sitting down calmly and watching the female. "Actually, I'm more jackal than coyote, but it does tend to get confused within the mix. It's ok though, I won't take offense to it. As for what I'm doing out here? Mainly just passing through. I was on a bit of an adventure on my day off today and happened to stumble upon your packlands by accident." He didn't fail to notice her taking him in. "I'm Revan by the way." He bowed his head gently with a smile.

Revan took in the details of her appearance as she had done the same. "And may I ask what your name is Miss? I must say if it's as beautiful as you are, it definitely suits you well." He smiled.

<style type="text/css">
.poisondrop_06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poisondrop_06 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.poisondrop_06 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.poisondrop_06 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5638/poison01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 25px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Lol, let the awkward flirtation begin. Word Count: 364

The more Pixie watched the young male, the less he seemed like a threat—especially since, she realized, they weren’t right by the borders—but her curiosity as to what he was doing here grew. If he was a lone coyote or coyote mix, it would make more sense for him to go to Inferni, or one of the other clans of coyotes or jackals, to join a pack—Crimson Dreams was not prejudice towards other canines besides wolves, but at the moment all of the members were wolves or wolf hybrids, many of them related to each other. He didn’t look much like a loner, either; he had the faint scent that one carried when they stayed in close proximity to other canines.

She listened as the stranger calmly corrected her, saying that he was more jackal than coyote. Well, he hadn’t looked like a full coyote in the first place. At least he didn’t seem to have a problem with his heritage, unlike Faolin. He didn’t seem to have a problem at all with being questioned by her, in fact. She couldn’t help but smile at him as he introduced himself as Revan. “You said it’s you day off,” she said, taking a few more steps towards him. “Are you part of another pack?” Her questioning was almost entirely out of curiosity; the young woman couldn’t see how this kid around her age, who seemed so calm and as curious about her as she was about him, could be a threat. Perhaps it was stupid to let her guard down so easily, especially after the incident with Denali, but Nuki was different. She had seemed a little nuts even before any of them knew anything about what she had done. Revan was just wandering and exploring, like Pixie herself did often.

“I’m Pixie Frost, but you can call me Pixie.” She laughed a little at his…was that supposed to be a pick-up line? Pixie had never really flirted much with anyone. “You don’t say…Revan suits you well. It’s a very handsome name. Mysterious, even.” She was aware of how lame she sounded, but it was the best she could come up with.

<style>
.pixiemask-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.pixiemask p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.pixiemask b {color:#f6c387; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.pixiemask {width:350px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#da93a2; background-image:url(http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/724/souls48.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#720739; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I'm so sorry about the wait, seems like it's getting worse and worse

It was easy to talk to this female who actually seemed interested in what he had to say. He couldn't help but notice just how much attention she was giving him, and how cute it was that she seemed so innocent. To help stress that he meant no harm, he sat back on his haunches, smiling politely and listening to her questions. Revan never minded a nice conversation or even an interrogation under the right circumstances.

He nodded at her question. "Yes I'm actually a member of Inferni, but I don't share their prejudices about wolves. All canines are equal in my eyes, well the ones who deserve to be treated equal anyways, but I don't see anything worth questioning about you so I have no reason to prejudge you." He smiled, allowing her to get as close as she wished, eying her carefully with each dainty step she took.

Revan's smile grew and his ears perked when she finally gave him her name, even adding a reply to his compliment. He was beginning to like her more and more. "Pixie? Now that is a very unique name. I've heard some names in my short life, but your mother smiled upon you when she gave you yours. It is wonderful to meet you Pixie, would you like to join me on my little stroll? I promise I'll have you back before you'll be missed, and in one piece." He chuckled a little at the joke, hoping she wouldn't take what he said the wrong way. His head tilted to the side, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.poisondrop_06 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.poisondrop_06 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:12px;}
.poisondrop_06 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.poisondrop_06 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/5638/poison01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 25px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 341

So he was from Inferni. But as though he could read her mind, he quickly explained how he didn’t have anything against wolves—a relief from the cold approach to wolves and dogs that the russet-furred woman who called herself Faolin seemed to have. “Is that so?” she asked playfully. “I’ve met someone else from your pack who didn’t take so kindly to me saying she looked like a dog. It’s nice to meet someone who doesn’t care too much about that sort of stuff.” Pixie was pretty sure that if she were part dog or coyote, she wouldn’t be ashamed, even if her parents were; she had already screwed up things enough with her family relations that being born with a dog tail or markings wouldn’t have made a difference.

The young blue-gray fae stifled a burst of laughter at Revan’s comment about her mother, speaking of family relations. “I doubt it…I was the tiny one in the family, that’s why they all called me ‘Pixie.’ See, when I was little, I lived in a small pack with my parents and siblings, and instead of our parents naming us at birth, we came up with nicknames for each other. My brother Melbourne was the first one to start calling me Pixie…he named himself, actually, after a place he read about in one of his books. But I was never one of Mom and Dad’s favorites…not that I wanted to be,” she added, grinning cheekily. She usually didn’t bother to explain the origin of her first name to anyone; oftentimes they would come to the assumption that her parents were somewhat cruel or strict because they never officially named their kids. They weren’t really cruel, they just didn’t see naming as their number one priority.

Her ears perked up at the invitation for a stroll. “Oh yeah, totally! I mean, yeah, that’d be great,” she said, chuckling along with him. Her violet eyes met his orange-gold ones, and she noticed the curious gleam in his and matched it with her own.

<style>
.pixieguitar-text {padding:0px 15px;}
.pixieguitar p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.pixieguitar b {color:#ff0457; font-weight:bold;}
.pixieguitar {width:365px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ffff09; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2927/souls49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5a2a2a; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]