[AW] I Saw the Top of the World
[html]

Word Count → 342
OOC: Near the Forest of Nod, Inferni, though anyone is welcome.

It was about time that Darkness made it down Halcyon Mountain. His fear of heights greatly restricted his speed, and after his a little trip a few weeks prior his right shoulder had been extremely sore. He would have turned back if it hadn't been for Layla, who convinced him that he might meet a few friendly faces if he took the plunge and decided to explore. Of course, that didn't mean he was going to enjoy going down the mountain.

Still, after what felt like an eternity, he had made it. Darkness had gone over the cliff. He had made his way to Mosquodoboit Valley, where he had been taking shelter in a small shack. On this particular afternoon, it was somewhat cloudy outside with a cool southward breeze, and he had decided to go to one of the streams just outside of the valley. He might be able to find a few interesting stones to add to his collection.

Walking on two legs, he found himself going west instead of south, simply trying to find a stream. He had found one before; had it been south, or was he going in the right direction? He was wondering this aloud, mumbling to himself inaudibly, when he suddenly found himself face-to-face with the skull of a wolf dangling from a tree.

The black male stared at it for a moment. He took a quick sniff of the air; he was near a pack's territory. He took a few steps back; he hadn't trespassed, but he didn't want to; coyote smell was heavy, and he had a feeling that they wouldn't be excited to see a wolf at the border unless they wanted to add another skull to their collection.

"Well, skulls are certainly an interesting way to go about showing the border," Darkness commented, still talking to himself. "This pack must really want the fearless in their ranks; some canines might just run away at the sight of this." It didn't occur to him that he should probably run away as well.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-03 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-03 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-03 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

'No, we just want coyotes' Io answered, appearing from behind him. She had been circling the borders for some time now. She had been unable to rest herself. 'Or hybrids such as myself'. Her voice floated, deathly still, on the air. Her accented words kept their flat tone as she continued, 'What do you want, wolf'. She circled him slowly, her Secui form moving as if in slow motion.

If the male had appeared yesterday or a few days before that, perhaps she would have been nicer. But today was the day he arrived and today was the day Io was in one of her moods. 'Now', she said, before hesitating, 'What business do you have on our lands?' Her tone didn't rise, in anger nor anything else. Io was a woman who always kept her voice low, finding no reason to raise her voice, or at least not very often.

A few days had past since she met with either of her 'lovers', this wolf held not a candle to either of them. She rolled back into a sitting position, facing the wolf. If he attacked she would be defencless however Io was not afraid, she had seen to much to scare easily.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Aeron Ganesa

Aeron was carrying the skull to the deer that Hybrid and her had caught. She had worked hard to clean it up to stick it out on the border. She liked the idea more and more of the way the border was defined. She was a hunter at this time not a protector but she would what ever she could to protect her new home.

Aeron smiled as she approached the border to her a man speak and someone respond. Her she thought the wolves all ran and hid from their borders. She continued up skull in one hand a grin on the other. "Your foolish if your still hanging around." Aeron said as she joined the small group. She glanced at Io. she had never met the woman and she smiled giving her a nod. "The border is there to make sure wolf scum knows that they are not welcome." She looked at a spot that seemed to not have a skull as she added the deer to it.

She turned to look at Io slightly. "I don't think we've met dear. I'm Aeron" She looked back at the male. God she hoped this turned into a fight. She had pent up anger from dealing with males and the fact that they were every where here holding all sorts of ranks. She wanted to fight to tear the face off of someone.

<style>
.aeron-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.aeron-b02 b {color:#46acfb;}
.aeron-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0px auto;}
.aeron-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#0671c4; text-shadow:#0890fa 0px 0px 10px; float: left; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.aeron-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/bane_22/table.png'); height:200px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#0671c4;}
.aeron-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.aeron-b02 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0671c4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 239
OOC: The gang's all here! Big Grin

A sudden voice startled Darkness, but he remained calm as usual when he turned around to see a secui talking to him. Even as a hybrid, she looks a lot more dog than anything else. For once he kept his thoughts in his head, which was fortunate because it could be a rather offensive comment depending on the hybrid's attitude. She didn't seem to be in a good mood, asking him what he was doing on the borders twice.

He only had the time to offer a friendly smile before another canine showed up. She didn't look much like a coyote as far as markings went, but she was more coyote than the secui. She was also a bit less friendly in her words. Wolf scum? There was nothing wrong with wolves. Darkness didn't understand prejudice; the concept was familiar enough, but the reason was a mystery. Still, this didn't annoy him much; he just had to accept the fact that, for some strange reason, these females couldn't accept wolves.

The optime female introduced herself - though not to Darkness - as Aeron. He offered a smile to both of them in return. "I'm Darkness. I was just exploring the area; I wasn't going to trespass." It was true enough, though if he hadn't seen the skull he likely would have. He wouldn't have put up much of a fight, anyhow; that was the last thing on his mind.

<style>
.kfree-03 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-03 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:left;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-03 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thought I might join…? Too good to pass up, but if you already have something going on or this is too many people, ignore me and we will stalk away grumpily (me not so much). =)

600+

What had seemed like a simple task had turned into something difficult. Jaden had gone looking for a city to regain some of his used supplies from and hopefully find some spices in. Traveling for the past few days though, had revealed no cities, towns, or even small villages to loot. Now he approached the edge of the Dampwoods and the terrain began to get rockier. The Halcyon Mountains were getting close.

When the ground leveled out into a valley of sorts, the Alaskan finally decided he would turn around soon. He had that aching feeling in his gut that he was lost and had long past any Nova Scotia cities. He decided turning around would be a good idea, but only after he explored this valley for a village. Who know what the trees hold. He thought to himself bitterly. One of the few things that annoyed Jaden more than coyotes was being lost like he refused to admit he was now.

Not traveling far into the valley at all, the annoyed Secui was forced to then cross a small river. This worsened his mood because it played on his deep fear of cold water. Grumply, he tried to move down the river a bit looking for an easy crossing point. Then, Hiting the boarder of Inferni was similar to kicking the poor male in the groin. Not only did he then have to face the fact that he was lost, because he had accidentally hit the boarder, but also because he had to cross the river now and was very near coyote territory. He cursed and glared at the river, wishing he could part it with magic and avoid the water.

Eventually, the now blatantly angry wolf forced himself to splash through an only ankle deep section of the river as quickly as possible. His urgency caused splashing and in turn also caused him to get wetter than if he had just waded through it. Once this painful endeavor was completed, Jaden stalked away from the Inferni boarder only a little ways until, still soaking wet, so he could no longer smell their putrid stink. With the mood he was in, he could easily turn on a coyote now, even if they spouted a small amount of inoffensive balderdash.

The simple task Jaden had set out on yesterday had now become just plain annoying. The Secui was having a bad day now. He was getting ready to finally turn around, as he walked along growling to himself, when he sighted the form of a dark wolf ahead of him. A huff of relief escaped his nose when he noticed the male was not coyote. A question of why the stranger was so close to Inferni crossed his mind. Perhaps he’s lost? Jaden wondered. It would definitely make him feel better if he was not the only one.

His temporarily fleeted bad mood quickly returned when not one, but two coyotes entered the scene. The Assassin suddenly wished he had his weapons and Optime form handy when they both took more dominant and slightly aggressive stances toward the unknown wolf. His weapons were packed tightly into the leather satchel strapped to his shoulders though, and he did not feel the need to dawn them for this. We are near those thing’s pack lands. The might just be asking him why he is so close, He thought bitterly to himself, though he felt they should just accept any wolf near, or even on their pack lands without question.

Coyote cowards. They’ll only attack in groups. Potent thoughts like that kept pushing on his consciences as he watched them pester this wolf. Hearing “Wolf Scum” only aided such thoughts into enraging Jaden. He hoped the two coyotes attacked. He would help this male tare them apart. If they didn’t attack, he would likely leave. He held no interest in conversing with coyotes.

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Is this set on the 11th?

'Io Berlin' she responed to the other female with a friendly smile. Her attention flicking back to the wolf with no mercy in her eyes. 'Then there is no need to hesitate at our borders is there? The skulls are not here simply for decoration'. The friendlyness she had show her pack mate was now unevident in her voice and stance. Wolves deserved nothing, they did not deservfe the same level of courtesy she save for her clansmen.

Io may have looked more dog than anything else, but it didn't mar her fascist ideas. Even dogs who had been desended from wolves held more place than the real thing in her mind. Allowing her weight to shift slightly, she considered the fact that this confrontation may stir up a battle, which in her state was something she would rather avoid. Although she had had doubts about another litter, now she had accepted the fact and moved on. A verbal battle she could handle, but a physical one? Aeron could hopefully handle herself. Io herself wasn't a violent person, prefering to solve what conflicts she could verbally but sometimes such things were unavoidable.

<style type="text/css">
.grassblack_07 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.grassblack_07 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.grassblack_07 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.grassblack_07 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3305/grassblack.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 25px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc text. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

Aeron Ganesa

Aeron moved closer to her pack mate and further from the wolves. She was unsure of how this encounter would go. Aeron wasn't ready to get into a fight. She watched as another wolf joined the scene. She snarled a little her mind was full of blood lust.

Aeron listened to the woman speak. "trespassing or not you are not welcome at our borders nor are you." She said looking at the other wolf. She crossed her arms she was at ease standing here. She looked down at her pack mate.

Aeron reached down her side and checked for her knife. She was almost certain that this might not end well. She hoped for danger and the chance to prove herself a worth to the pack. There was also no need to start any war she didn't need to deal with being the cause of it.

<style>
.aeron-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#0671c4; text-shadow:#0890fa 0px 0px 10px; float: left; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.aeron-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url('http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/bane_22/table.png'); height:200px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#0671c4;}
.aeron-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.aeron-b02 {background-color:#000000; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0671c4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 334
OOC: Jaden: No, you're good, Jaden just makes the thread better, and possibly more dramatic!
Rose: I never really specified a date; I have the date as the tenth in my postlog, but I can change it.
Feel free to interrupt his rambling at the end here.

Darkness wasn't an idiot to the extent that he had no idea why the skulls were hanging around in the trees at the border, though the fact that Io seemed to think that he was didn't bother him at all. He didn't have much time to respond before the other female, Aeron spoke, pointing out a new canine that had evaded the dark male's sight. Turning his head quickly, he noticed another dark-colored Secui nearby. The fact that this newcomer looked angry didn't phase Darkness.

"Hello, there!" he called, hoping to get the male to come forward and introduce himself, with complete disregard to the coyote hybrids who were confronting him. He didn't mean to be rude, he simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet someone new again. Being surrounded by other canines was a new feeling, especially as others tended to avoid him - maybe he was too forward with his introductions? - and he absolutely loved it.

"I'm Darkness! Did you know that this is Inferni's border?" He wasn't suggesting that the Secui was stupid, he just wanted to give a warning. He was well aware of the fear that these skulls probably struck into certain canines' hearts, and he thought he'd give a quick heads-up.

Then he returned his attention to the females. "Trespassing or not, don't you think you're being a little... I dunno, rough? What if I was a coyote; would you treat me differently?" It was not his version of a threat or an insult. Their hostility suddenly seemed to sink in, and Darkness - instead of being scared by this - thought it didn't hurt to ask why they were so abrasive to wolves. And suddenly he was on a roll, relaying his thoughts. "I mean, I don't think that there's anything wrong with coyotes. Wolves are pretty much the same as you are, just a bit bigger." He paused. "Oh! You know, there's really no reason to be scared of wolves; height doesn't really matter."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 300+ :: Eh, the tenth is fine Smile

Io smiled, she would let her more forceful packmate reply to his idiotic rambling. 'Och, będzie tym draniem zawsze zamknął paszczę głupi!' Io hissed, expressing her annoyance in her favour Polish. She shifted her weight and let out a sharp 'humph'. 'Get on with it wolf!' her accented words flew like daggers. It was far from her usual stoney tone and a whole word away from her motherly tone that was reserved for special occasions. Her plan to stay quite and flown out of the window as he spoke more, 'This is how we treat wolves' she stressed the word 'wolves' though it was almost impossible to tell due to the stressed hisses that laced each word. 'If you were a coyote you would have more respect for our borders'. The woman had thoughts about turning away and leaving the males to the mercy of Aeron, but then again that would be unfair on the warrior woman.

Outrage suddenly filled that woman's mind. Stalking forward, with a fierce growl, seemingly coming from a much larger animal, set the line straight. 'We are not afraid of you scumbags! We are Inferni! And these are our borders! Leave or else!' And with that she spun around and paced back to her packmates side. She wanted to leave before the male's got angry, but then it would be deserting a fellow packmate and Inferni itself. No, she stayed beside her packmate. One would expect her face to be a picture of fury, but instead it returned to it's usual stone expression. Her breathing slowed and her slated silver eyes were aimed for the ground. It was easier for her to aim it away from the ememy, it kept her from flying into a rage.

'głupi zagranicznych ukłucia, nie może stosować proste zlecenia' she muttered to herself, comforted by words she knew nobody could translate.

<style>
.io-txt {font-family:'trebuchet ms', verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rn05r.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:75px 10px 10px 10px; margin:5px auto; width:475px; border-top:1px dotted #000000; }
.io-txt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.io-txt .tagline .sub {font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; }
.io-txt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.io-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.io-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.io-txt u {text-decoration:none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; font-style:italic; font-variantConfusedmall-caps; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

>=)

500+

Jaden didn’t respond to the more coyote looking Infernian when she spoke of him being unwelcome. He didn’t care in the least whether Aeron welcomed him or not. He approached the group with undeterred steps and watched the two coyotes. Aeron, who had spoken up to him first, made a movement familiar to the Assassin as she checked for the weapon at her side. He had not noticed it before and it would prove to be a disadvantage if they fought, but not a big one. If there was a scuffle, he would just have to disarm her as quickly as he could.

Darkness, the wolf who was being somewhat antagonized, turned from the two coyotes and greeted the Alaskan warmly. It made Jaden grin to see him so blatantly disrespect them the way they had him. The greeting also raised questions for Jaden on whether the wolf grasped the gravity this situation held though. “Yes, I know. I can smell the stink from here.” Jaden heaved with a discussed wrinkle of his snout. Once he cleared the distance between him and Darkness, he introduced himself as well, “My name is Jaden. It’s nice to meet you Darkness.”

He then turned his attention back to the coyotes as his new acquaintance began to ramble a bit. He glanced at the other secui with a small look of disappointment when Darkness said such things as ‘the same as you are, just bigger’. It was clear he believed in wolf-coyote equality as some did, but Jaden didn’t correct him. He instead watched the coyotes and waited for them to say something to indicate they didn’t care for his optimism.

Not long into his ramblings the hybrid coyote, Io Berlin, spoke to him. Her words were potent and sharp. “I’d rather be dead then call myself a coyote.” Jaden spat at her. Suddenly the female mad an aggressive forward movement and a rather forceful growl. It sped up Jaden’s heart and nearly made him flinch, but he did everything in his power to keep his body calm and give her a board glance. But she spoke again and this time her words provoked a deep, threatening growl to rumble from the male's chest and his hackles to stand. She had no place insulting a wolf, more or less two to their faces. Blue eyes burned into her as Jaden fought the sudden erg to attack the female.

But, the dark secui took a breath and calmed himself a moment later before turning his bared teeth into an antagonistic grin. He still wanted to tear her apart, but he wanted more for one of them to strike first. Stories of battle are better told from the ‘I had to defend myself’ point of view. “I couldn’t care less about what you call yourself coyote he stressed the word and spoke down to them with his head held high. A confidant and odious tone held his voice, “You stink like a coyote, speak like a coyote, and have the inflated brainless head of a coyote. That is all anyone ever needs to call you. Also, the land I stand on now isn’t owned by your pathetic pack. That means I’m on NUTRAL TERRITORY.” He said the last to words in a way that implied they might not understand what he meant. Then he sat to make his point clearer for them. “I’m not going anywhere, and if you don’t like it, that’s just too damn bad.”

Jaden does. "Jaden speaks." Jaden thinks.

<style>
.jaden-t51 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jaden-t51 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jaden-t51 b {color:#181913; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jaden-t51 {background-color:#B3B4A8; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011feb/jaden.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#525344; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.jaden-t51-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
.jaden-t51 .inner {margin:0px 10px 163px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#313229;}
.jaden-t51 .wordcount {color:#181913; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; margin:2px 10px; border-top:1px dotted #181913; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Aeron Ganesa

Aeron didn't quite believe the leader of her clan when he said that wolves around here had a problem. She looked at the two males that had now come together. Scum standing at the borders of her home picking a fight. Though she would not be the first to strike. She would wait she would let the battle of words continue because she feared she would be fighting alone.

The Hybrid next to her had a tongue that could kill. The words she spoke almost like venom. She smiled as she watched the wolves. She was nearly unable to hold back the laughter that built up. She loved the fact that the male wolves thought that they would be afraid.

Jaden made a remark and Aeron smiled lifting a clawed hand. "that can be arranged." She would love to kill the male. They both were annoying and she wanted nothing more then give a good warning to the wolves her by creating a scarecrow out of him.

Aeron took a step forward almost in intent to protect the female she was with. Her own life had never mattered much to her. She wasn't trained to fear death she was trained to protect the lives of others. "You should care what we call ourselves wolf." She too could play his game she stressed the word wolf as he did coyote. "You may be on neutral territory but you loiter at OUR border be thankful that your not dead. Wolves don't normally chose to stick around. Blood lust building behind calmed golden eyes. She grabbed a set of small throwing knives from a side pouch. With a flick of her wrist she tossed one not to far from the males making sure that it remained on Inferni land. If he wanted to play she would play.

"I would leave if I were you I have a whole clan to back me up and its just you two. Count your odds or are you stupid." She fanned out the four other knives in her hand. now her body shifted to protect the girl.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 400+ :: Hope this is good! Didn't mean to hold things up!

Layla was on all fours, looking through the thick forest ground. The female was searching for plants to create the dyes she needed to keep up her ruse. She had been having a rather difficult time here. This seemed to not be the place to find the essentials that she needed. With a hard sigh, she leapt into another patch, determined on her search. The femme continued this pattern until her thoughts were interrupted by voices. The sounds weren't very far off, and now that she was paying attention to the scents around her, she could only assume it was the infamous Inferni she'd heard so much about, yet never seen.

Layla's curiousity and desire for good gossip had her crawling through the brush to get closer. Her large black ears perked up. Was that Jaden and Darkness? Layla's hidden tail raised in a happy greeting. It was silly because they couldn't even see her, but both males were fine wolves. Darkness was a bit more peculiar, but he hadn't harmed her as they shared her camp. It was nice to have company, even if he hadn't stuck around for long. Jaden was more world-savvy. He seemed like he had been through a lot and been a lot of places. Though she had her suspicions, she refused to acknowledge them. Jaden had shown her how to hunt better, which is quite a bit for a canine like Layla.

Shifting into her more presentable form, she stood proudly on her black bipedal legs. Using onyx hands, she brushed her white chest and belly clean of the debris she had been sifting through. She shook lose her curled black hair and walked into the clearing. She didn't venture close to the border, Layla could see the skulls of warning. Besides her friends, here was two coyote females. One looked more like a dog, but it was obvious where her alligiances lied. It was a strange thought to Layla, who is a dog herself, raised in a dog pack. Her pack taught that german breeds were superior to other breeds. Coyotes were all but large city rats back home. Yet their savage and noble ancestor, wolves, werent believed to exist anymore. How much life was contradicting out in the "wilds".

Lithe legs bend into a curtsy towards the strangers. "Good day, ladies," the seemingly wolfish fae said sweetly before turning to her friends. Layla raised a hand greeting of peace, nodding to Jaden and Darkness in turn. "Hello, friends. Why, this is almost a party!"

<style>
.layla-heraldictxt-box {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Farea.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:95px; height:425px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.layla-heraldictxt {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.layla-heraldictxt .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify;}
.layla-heraldictxt .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.layla-heraldictxt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.layla-heraldictxt b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 330
You kidding? I'm the one who held things up here. -_-

Well, this meeting was going well, wasn't it? Io wanted the wolves to leave as soon as possible. The newcomer, who introduced himself as Jaden, apparently didn't agree with multi-species equality. That was fine with Darkness, just like everything else in his life. Jaden had a point; neither wolf had crossed the border, which meant that the Infernians didn't have any right to send them away just yet. They weren't threatening to cross the border, were they?

Aeron had a point as well. They were pretty close. Still, it would be rude for Darkness to abandon Jaden and this conversation the four had going on. He hardly noticed Layla's approach until he heard her voice, greeting the wolves and coyotes alike with a polite greeting. His tail began to wag; he had met her at Halcyon Mountain when he had first come to 'Souls. What a coincidence that their paths crossed again, even if the time and comment were somewhat inappropriate for the situation. He was all for friendliness, after all, even in the most hostile of situations.

Darkness turned his attention back to the coyotes, pointing at Layla in a friendly gesture. "That's Layla. I met her at the mountains just north of here. You know her, too, Jaden?" He glanced quickly to the brute, not really expecting an answer, before looking at Io and Aeron once more. Using Layla's presence to point out that the Infernians were now outnumbered hardly occurred to him. "C'mon, I think we can all get along here now. We're not going to hurt you." To prove his point, he held his empty hands in the air briefly. Then he took off his satchel and opened it, showing off the empty jar that took up the space inside. "No weapons, no harm." He smiled, then turned to Jaden. "We've got no reason to hurt them." His tone was almost challenging, daring Jaden to reveal a weapon when he saw no need to get violent.

<style>
</style>[/html]