rippy bits
[html]

Backdated 12Mar2011. Halcyon Mountains. Totally ripped a quote from Spongebob for the title, since I was at a loss. 300+

Winters.

How could she have missed something so obvious, so clear? How could she have been so ignorant? How could she have fallen for the charms of such a trickster, a vile incubus lying in wait for the unsuspecting mind? The rage felt toward Gabriel had transformed into something so much more than simple disgust. Passion had given way to anger and betrayal. Suddenly, there was no trust; no one deserved it, not after she'd been fooled by so many. Again it was Gabriel's fault. So easily did her father twist his princess' world into oblivion.

Confrontation was not her forte, yet she found herself ascending the cool mountains in search of the handsome giant who held some part of her half-broken heart. In the center of the fiasco was him. Originally, Caillen Winters had been neutral ground, a haven within the thoughts of his dark goddess. Their night in the mud of the Dampwoods left its mark. Days passed full of yearning, but no action was made to see him again. Not until she realized just exactly what he was.

Tense hands tugged at the tattered blue scarf she'd tossed so carelessly about her neck. Each step closer to the place she knew to be his home left her colder. What part exactly did Caillen play in the fiasco that had turned into her life? With all his charms to distract her, it had taken longer to realize the facts. Alaine Winters, the filthy siren who had so seduced her clearly naive father, was something to him. There could only be so many dogs in the region bearing the seasonal name. A sister? A mother? An aunt? Blood kin.

A growl rose within her chest. No more games with the men who deceived her. She'd had enough.

"Caillen!" she snapped into cold air. He was there; he had to be! His lover demanded his presence, even if it would only lead to ruin.

<style type="text/css">
.butterfly_08 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.butterfly_08 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.butterfly_08 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.butterfly_08 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4483/butterfly01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 20px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.calliengreen b {font-weight:bold; color:#48cc78; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.calliengreen p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.calliengreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #06190d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... allien.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:175px;background-color:#227f43;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#04130a;}
</style>

rarara! whooooo livesinapineappleunderthesea...

He had been waiting patiently. Days slid by, through the silvery-turned-gray of his fingers. As the mountain melted, so did Caillen's world - Talitha kept him clinging to the mountain, while he could have been basking in the sun by the oceans of the world. He had tried to leave, a few days ago, but thoughts of the ruby-eyed woman had drawn the dishevelled vagabond back to his temporary dwelling-place on Halcyon.

His body wanted her at night, and sometimes she would appear in the emptiness of his dreams, lurking ruby eyes and a warm body. He knew that she would come to him again soon - The wolfdog just had to be patient. He hunted with snares and ate the prey raw, not wanting to light a fire and alert the prowling nearby packs to his presence. As such, his maw had a slightly pink stain to it, dyed from the constant bathing of blood. He kept only two items, having since given the blue scarf to Talitha - The stags antlers, from that time so long ago when in a blind hunt he had taken down the animal sacred to his people, and the silver pendant of the Macha tribe. He wore the sharpened antlers, one tied to his arm and the other to his upper thigh by twisted tendons that he had tanned and made into ropes. The antlers worked as daggers and knives, and when the call echoed through his dank cave, Caillen had been sitting in the entrance sharpening them on a stone.

Floppy ears perked, and immediately the goliath froze, ebony nose twitching to pick up the scent of his lover. Obeying her tone out of instinct, the Merle Wolfdog rose hastily, leaving one antler on the stone and shoving the other back into the strapping around his thigh.

The male found her easily - Her sharp voice cracked the air like a whip. He sensed the discord in it, and was uneasy; hypothermia blue eyes gazed at her warily as he approached from the trees, ears backward slightly. The woman radiated with her anger. "Talitha?"

[/html]
[html]

Your excitement entertains me! XD

Of course he appeared, as the morbid fae-creature had asked, and his eyes and posture appeared as if he feared her presence for the moment. Oh, and he should have. The ruddy-furred female was furious. Outraged. And he had been a source of distraction that would now feel the wrath of his often-docile woman. "If I found out you tricked me, I swear you won't live longer than you have!" The threat of death held little merit; if he wanted to defend himself, it wouldn't have been difficult. Her rage only fueled the small body with feelings of disgust, not strength. It felt wrong to say something to her gentlemanly wolfdog. She didn't know, however.

Long legs paced across the rocky plateau they stood upon, body shaking ever so slightly in her anger. "I don't care who the father to her stupid children is, Caillen, I won't let your family ruin mine!" One arm extended to point in the vague direction of the Shattered Coast, where she knew the dog-pack to live. She spoke of Alaine, and of the bastard children spawned to her by the dark King of the violent coyote kingdom. It had taken so long to find her place in the home again, and she couldn't allow the whore to ruin what she clung to. "She can't take them away from me, Caillen. They're all I have." Her steps halted, her body twisting into discomfort as she inelegantly dropped to crouch on her large, wolfish feet. Bony fingers covered her face as her distress became more apparent in the red eyes of her mother. For now, Winters was enemy. Enemies couldn't see the sadness of another side.

<style type="text/css">
.butterfly_08 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.butterfly_08 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4483/butterfly01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 20px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

table © Libri
slowalaaaainnnne loves you <3

She was splendid in her temper, with those deep rose eyes leaping in flames and the silver whip of her tongue cracking like lightning. Even her hair seemed wilder, those tangles of russet which made his fingers itch to touch. But her anger subdued his more basic urges, and cold eyes watched her pace, distressed and confused by her apparent madness.

Her words spoke of a crime committed by him - No, not by him, but by another. A woman? My family? A strange, uncomfortable tightness clenched an old icy fist about his gut, but the male fought it down. I have no family. She is mad. The woman's finger pointed an invisible dagger, and his eyes sought to follow it, far off into the distance to the land where his heart had once been buried. Old shadows detached themselves from old, festering scabs. The strange, bubbling unease within him grew stronger.

At the same time, Talitha's seemed to weaken. Her fire dampened, she turned from him, seeking to hide the desperation and despair on her beautiful features. He loved her, and he loved her body, but it took the man a moment to pull control over the acidic dread that was gathering within him.

He approached hastily, dropping to a crouch as she had done - Not touching her, not yet. The strange burning within him made him think that it was not quite safe to do so. "What do ye mean?" A frostiness coated his brogue, and it sounded mechanical, and not at all like his voice. The Althea's rogue swallowed, and tried again. "Talitha, what hae happened?"

<style>
.caillenjuliette2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.caillenjuliette p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.caillenjuliette b {color:#4b657d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.caillenjuliette {background-color:#aac1d2; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... ntatbl.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3a5368; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:430px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.caillenjuliette-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

How could she explain just what sort of thing was twisting through her mind at that moment? It didn't occur to her that sweet Caillen would understand; to some, blood meant very little. To her, it warped everything. She didn't stop to think what she was fighting against, didn't stop to think that perhaps it was unfair to her father, didn't stop to think that perhaps he had spoken the truth when he told her they meant nothing. All she was able to see was that she was losing everything. And for what? A golden whore who said pretty things? Men were so easily turned. She'd seen that in the past.

As Caillen came closer, she leaned foward — she was unwilling to be touched by whatever demon he turned out to be. Quickly, she returned to her feet, pacing away with brisk and outraged steps. Her arms clung to each other as if to keep her safe from some unknown horror. "She, they —" Before she was able to finish the hateful words that threatened to break through, she paused. They. Yes, one simple word that changed everything in the crumbling world. They. The harlot was at fault, Talitha would not deny that, but there was another she had to blame. Didn't she?

"No." No, she did not. She would not. She couldn't. Her head shook, eyes boring into the trees as if to see through them. "I want to meet her." She turned on her toes to study Caillen, not asking to go but demanding it. "If that harlot wants to play mother to his children, I want to meet her." He didn't have the option of saying no; she would go without him, of course, but she didn't promise self-control.

Again her, eyes swept across the mountains, searching for the direction where the golden whore lived. "And you're going to take me, Caillen. To see Alaine."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.calliengreen b {font-weight:bold; color:#48cc78; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.calliengreen p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.calliengreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #06190d;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... allien.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:175px;background-color:#227f43;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#04130a;}
</style>

Whatever the incident that had so roused her scorn, it had surely had very personal impacts on the russet-hued woman. She spurned Caillen's approach, her body leaning away from him and quickly rising once more. The large Wolfdog mirrored her, rising to his full and intimidating height somewhat slower than she.

Suspicion was creeping in, and it chilled his blood. The more she spoke, the more things seemed to turn down that unfavorable alley, the one that twisted and turned and put cold malice in his sky blue eyes. Caillen was only the gentle giant Talitha believed him to be when these memories, these thoughts, were at bay. Something a lot darker brewed deep within.

She turned abruptly, and he was watching, watching with the expression of someone desperately preparing to hear of the only thing that could still shatter them. For the merle brute, it was She; Perhaps he knew, even before the Lykoi wench voiced her name into the still-cold air.

But the reaction was instantaneous. His gaze became ice, spiraling down in degrees faster than the arctic winter. The feeling within, deep within, exploded; it felt as though a storm had been unleashed. His blood sizzled, cold rivers that burned beneath iron muscles. His hands were shaking.

Two strides to reach her, just two strides. Huge hands fell about slender shoulders, and they were rough, careless. He would have no more of her strange babbling - He needed to know, and she would tell him. The man resisted the urge to shake his lover, shake her hard; The furious disease that was his bottled rage was leaking through him, as uncontrollable as a snowstorm. "Tell me," And this time, his voice was not the charming wanderer, the hopeless romantic. This was an order, and it was filled with utmost loathing, deep instinctual danger. "Tell me what ye know of the woman with tha' name. TELL ME." The last words were a roar, and he felt control slipping, the hands on her shoulders trembling slightly.

He didn't want to hurt her, not Talitha. He loved her. But the rage was back with a vengeance, and it sought the woman he'd once known as his mother.

[/html]
[html]

As she waited for him to agree, she stood still. The man she had found herself caring so much for towered above his dark lover with the most desperate expression. He wanted to know something. He had to know something.

It didn't take long for her to find out what.

Soon as the delicate, feminine name dropped from her jaws, he had crossed the space between them. Two steps. Only two, and his hands found her shoulders — it wasn't the tender, loving touch she was familiar with. Instead it was cold, lacking thoughtfulness as she grimaced out of subtle discomfort. Everything about the man changed so quickly, from gentle giant to hateful fiend, and she could only gaze in shock as he roared his demand of her into the air. Black-rimmed ears lowered themselves into auburn curls, out of fear perhaps. Fear that he'd harm her. Without Ezekiel or Gabriel to protect their ill family member, she would certainly perish if Caillen decided she deserved such a thing.

All he wanted, however, was what she knew of Alaine. "The whore had two children, recently. By my father, Gabriel." What fury had been present only moment before had slipped into glee. Glee that beautiful, strong Caillen may have wanted the same end as she. Fear still laced the excitement. If she was wrong, she wouldn't survive the attack she expected. "Ezekiel told me days ago. I didn't know she was your family until now." Days, weeks, whatever. She narrowed crimson eyes upon his face as the words came to a close, hiding the emotions of hate and joy beneath a muddled gaze.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]