The Rabbit, The Wolf, and the...
OOc: Soo, I wasn't tired and decided to post tonight... XD
Time: 2:35pm
Form: Optime
Area: Crimson Dreams: heading towards Rabbit Lake

Leon walked through the trees of his new home, heading south towards Rabbit Lake. He glanced towards his current traveling companion, Layla. So far, she had been true to her word and was behaving well, by his standards. She had remained in his sight, and hadn't wandered off into the territory on her own, which he was grateful for.

As he walked, he watched. Both his current charge, and for any fellow Crimson Dreams members. He wasn't scarred of them showing up, but his new status made him apprehensive. He didn't want to cause any trouble for his new home, and considering what Amata had told him about Nuki, he was concerned with how they would react. Currently, he didn't smell any other members near enough to concern him, and went ahead and relaxed his posture. He turned his head once more to Layla, deciding to strike up a conversation. "I hope I did not over exaggerate the view Rabbit lake can be. Maybe I'm just a fool, but a rising or falling sun reflecting on water always sticks me in place. I just hope the lake itself isn't much of a disappointment to you." He said, rubbing his head.

While he tried to keep an upbeat attitude, inside he was constantly pondering what she had said about moving on. Yes, living with it on your shoulders hurt. He would know... But how could he get rid of this pain? Leon continued thinking on this as he walked, his exterior showing no signs of his internal struggles.

He saw Tallermeins cottage in the distance, and realized how close they were getting. Looking up, he saw it was still a ways from sunset, so the sight of Rabbit Lake with the hues of sunset reflecting off of it was not a likely event if they wanted to make it down to the beach by a reasonable hour. Still, he felt bad for it. "Would you rather catch the sunset at the lake, or beach, Layla?" He asked. She had seemed excited when they had began. He only hoped his home lived up to her expectations.
Keeping up with Leonard, Layla kept her blue gaze flicking about their surroundings. They watched for company, but more importantly were filing this stream of information to straight to her photographic memory. The female was excited at being inside the lands of an actual live wolf pack. Her dream of a better, more adventurous life was coming ever closer to reality. Her maw had hung slightly ajar ever since the border. It drank in the scents around her. A part of her anticipated meeting the others but that was the part that had its head in the clouds. The rational side knew better than that. Not that she had anything to hide or worry about, but this trip would go most smoothly with no interruptions.

Layla did stick close to Leonard. She heeded his personal space but otherwise walked by his right side. Layla turned her head to Leonard to smile at him as he spoke. "It's no matter. Being in pack lands is refreshing for me. Well worth the travel," she replied. Looking ahead of them, she continued, "You are right though. I think it’s the colors of sunsets and rises that does it. You know, it is said that no two are the same." Her smile had softened and she thought back to the person that had went on about different sayings all the time. "It’s difficult to disappoint some that expects nothing."

A little wooden building had appeared on the horizon. How quaint, Layla thought to herself. It looked cozy compared to the caves she normally occupied. Her ears flicked to catch Leonard's next words. "Um, which ever you prefer. I am but a guest in your lands and anything is better than nothing." she said in response. Blue eyes checked the sun's height in correspondence with the horizon. Three hours or so until sunset, she commented mentally. "Do we not have enough time to make it to the beach?" she asked, tilting her head a tick to the right.
[html]

OOc: Leo got some muse! :3

He perked up as Layla explained that she was enjoying being on pack lands. Her tone seemed to shift when she spoke of the colors of the sun, and of the difficulty of disappointing low expectations. His pondering stopped and he thought that over before asking slowly, in a curious tone; ”Do you usually expect nothing?” His eyes scanned her face, searching for a clue to her comment.

Leon chuckled at her response, his left ear flicking as she tilted her head. He smiled and shook his head. ”No no, we can make it to both the beach and the lake. However, we can only be at one or the other for sunset, so I was wondering if you had a preference.” He said easily, raising his eyes to avoid the woman’s cute look. ’Come on Leon. Where is your composure?’ He joked to himself, knowing that he was purposefully lowering his usual guard recently. He wanted to be of use to his pack. For that, he would need to be able to speak with any of them, which meant social interactions. Of course, Layla’s natural charisma helped with this encounter.

The Timber picked up a couple pebbles once again, without breaking stride, and began juggling them. He held only two stones, so he could get used to just passing those between his clumsy hands. He smelled the Manor, the scents of the other pack members coming easily to his nose, and knew that Rabbit Lake was close. ”We’ll be to the lake in a few moments Layla” He announced, throwing the smaller Timber a smile. Again Leon found himself hoping his second favorite spot in his new home was up to his description.

As they got closer to the Lake, the trees slowly disappeared, giving way to a plain of hills. Leon lead Layla to a nearby hill and nodded to his left, where the Lake sat calmly a little less than two hundred yards away, with only small ripples disturbing the surface. The Lake dominated this area, and the only visible other visible terrain were the hills and small group of moose of to the south. Further in that direction, Leon knew, the blank terrain transformed into the lush woodlands they had travelled through for so long.

Turning his eyes from the Lake once more, the male looked upon his companion. ”Well?” He asked calmly, hiding his personally anxiety about his exaggeration. ”How does it look, to you?”

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Hmm..." Layla mumbled as she thought about how true his question was. After little self debate, Layla nodded. "Normally, I'd say so. If you expect nothing, you delight in all the splenders yet don't get nearly as disappointed as you would be if you were," Layla explained. Maybe she was crazy, maybe she was weird, but she could only alter so much of herself to fit this role she had been playing. "Therefore, I am overly delighted with this simple visit. I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon you and to be here now," Layla smiled at his searching gaze.

Leonard's immediate response was a flick of an ear and a short laugh. "Oh, well I thought we were going to venture to the beach you had yet to see. We should catch the sunset there," she said as he lifted away his gaze. Layla shook out her mane and returned to her happy stride next to the dark male. Leonard bent to pick up a couple pebbles and begin juggling two between his hands. He did all of this without pausing. If he was working his way back to recovery, it wouldn't be long before he was back to the old Leonard, whatever that was.

Suddenly, Layla was confronted with the scent of many other canines, none she really recognized. He told her that it wouldn't be much longer. With these scents accompanying the statement, it made sense. "So visiting the Lake first, then the beach?" she asked with a smile. That was apparently the plan as the trees disappeared, leaving Layla feel exposed. Layla was lead to a hill, one of many she could see, and Leonard nodded to the left. Following the direction, Layla saw a body of water. "Rabbit Lake?" she asked for clarification.

Fuzzy brown caught her side glace and Layla looked at it, identifying it as a small herd of moose. Her mouth watered at the sight, thinking how hard food was for her to catch. "You must live comfortably in your pack," Layla said. She looked down at her own torso. The female was surprised to see light definition of her ribs. It wasn't too noticeable, and rather easy to ignore, but the fact that they used to not show made her previous hunger more real. Sighing, she thought, better this and freedom than fat and boredom.

Layla felt Leonard look to her and she raised her blue gaze to meet his. He asked her for her opinion on his home. "I'm jealous," she laughed. Even though she had the feeling of being exposed, everything was quite relaxing and without worry. "It's very peaceful here. Cubs must bound around all the time," she added. "How far is the beach from here?" she asked. Not that this place wasn't good enough, Layla always possessed a love for wondering and exploring.

[/html]
[html]

OOC Derp! XD

”We’ll get to the beach soon enough. Rabbit Lake just happens to be between us and them.” Leon replied to her, as she shook her mane out and returned to his side. He grinned at her as he juggled the stones, and thought carefully over what she had told him about expectations. Slowly, he began to speak again. ”I believe I understand what you mean. And I must say, that’s quite the ideology to live by. It’s very introverted, but, still reasonable.” He chuckled before saying; ”I’m fairly happy about your visit myself. Its not often I meet woman I find cute.”

Leon nodded in response to Layla’s question. ”Yes, the Lake is the first stop.” He said with a smile, scanning the surroundings before returning to her face. He nodded once more, allowing his companion to take in the Lakes appearance. So it was that he easily noticed her facial expression slack a bit as it crossed the moose herd. He tilted his head and considered this for a moment, noting it. ”Yes, it is quite comfortable here. A warm bed, and food close at hand…”

When Layla looked to him, Leon laughed with her about her comment. ”Well, it is very peaceful indeed. As for the young ones, well, I really haven’t met them personally.” He said in embarrassment. This was his home, and yet he barely knew the pack. ”Most of my time here was spent laying around to recover from my side wound.” He said, rubbing the healed wound, flinching when pain lanced from it. Shaking his head, he thought through her last question. ”Well, if we continue at this pace, we will arrive in roughly an hour and a half… Hey Layla? Are you hungry?” He asked suddenly, deciding to bring up his suspicion. While they wouldn’t likely finish a moose, they could easily find a hare, or deer nearby. And if Layla was hungry, Leon was more than willing to detour to catch a snack for her. He was, after all, a hunter.

<style>
.leoriver01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.leoriver01 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.leoriver01 b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.leoriver01 {background-color:#c0cfb5; background-image:url(http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5813 ... iver01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#315035; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; }
</style>[/html]