the light that feuled our fire then
[html]

+3Private. Backdated to March 11th. Zeke has been with Alaine for two days (this is the third) so he would smell strongly of her. Smile Elijah is also present, horray for him.

While he had been instructed to keep out of sight as best he could, Ezekiel had always been a boy who lacked caution. He had been lucky that he had survived with so few scars. Under his fur there were constellations and patterns that told other stories, but he had done well to care for and hide them. Corvus had not been the only person to damage him so; he had been lucky with the wolverine, and he had kept that pelt as his prized quiver ever since—even if it was bloody hot during the summer heat.

So with little fear, having seen no one in the past few days, the coyote was outside with his new steed. The horse, whom he had taken to calling Viggo after an old acquaintance, was stubborn but responding better now that communication had been established. Low-speech, for its complexities, shared universal signs that he picked up on quickly. They would never be able to have a full conversation, but he was able to instruct the horse with a variety of noises and hand-signals. Riding him was much easier; his legs did the talking for him, and he read muscles as if they were his first language.

The pair looked like they fit, both creatures bronzed, but Viggo outweighed the de le Poer and did not let him forget it. Ezekiel was without his weapons, though they were hanging on the nearby porch. Alaine was out, leaving him with the daunting task of babysitting. Luckily, she had taken Odette and Elvira—Ezekiel had begun to hate the girl after he had observed her over the past two days. She was too cat-like for his likings, cruel without reason, and even though Elijah’s wide-eyed stare absolutely unnerved him, Ezekiel often defended the boy from his fiery sister. This ward was currently watching the pair from the porch, where he had been ordered to stay for fear of the horses’ dinner-plate hooves.

Ezekiel stood across from the stallion and frowned, long hair tumbling into his face. He made a gesture that indicated a direction…though his horse stubbornly turned the other way and resumed grazing.

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.zekelion p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

This is outside the hotel, yes? If not let me know and I'll edit Smile 300+

Ever since the birth of his children, the Knight had been a bit lax in his duties. He wished to spend every moment he could with them so the duties that took him away from the house were on the bottom of his list. Finally the guilt of his neglect crept up on him though and he had gone to the stables to saddle Drogon for a long ride to check on the territory. The mustang bit at him as he opened the stall. Haven grinned and push the horse's face away in soft reprimand. "I know, I know. I'll be around more often now, I swear." Dark eyes looked at him for a prolonged moment and then a snort was issued. The hybrid patted Drogon's shoulder before fetching the tack.

It wasn't until they were off that Haven truly realized how much he had missed all this. Watching the lands flash past him, the feel of the wind on his face and the strong body of the mustang beneath him. There was nothing quite like the feel of riding a horse, and his soul had missed it. Haven pushed Drogon up into a gallop for a while, though there was no resistance from his companion, and he couldn't help but hoot and holler out a few times due to pure elation. When they slowed back down, his ochre hand rubbed the strong neck, a large grin on his muzzle.

The Seneschal was cutting through the territory now on the way back towards the stables when his jade eyes espied a loose horse near the hotel. Brows furrowed in confusion and he guided Drogon towards the vagabond equine. Had it freed itself from the stables somehow? Haven was certain he hadn't left any of the stalls unlatched. As he approached though, another figure came into view that set his hackles to rise. At first it was because it was the man was a stranger, but soon the recognition clicked in his mind: this was the Infernian that had attacked him. The Knight reined his horse to a halt near the intruder, a severe look on his face. "What are you doing here?" He could detect Alaine's scent on him, but that was not enough to convince the Aatte he wasn't a threat. Right hand was ready to reach for his sword on a moment's notice.

<style type="text/css">
.hav_knight01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.hav_knight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hav_knight01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.hav_knight01 {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9643/haventable01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 60px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Yes it is. AND HAVE YOU MET MY PUPPY SHIELD? O_______O

Viggo stiffened suddenly, and the gesture caused Ezekiel’s hair to rise. He did not need to turn around to realize they had been caught, for the wolf and his mount approached suddenly and sharply. Ezekiel held his ground, glad he was unarmed. The stranger was more familiar than he would have liked—especially with that sword. Luckily, oblivious to the tension of the situation, Elijah toddled off the porch and towards the tall coyote. Lifting his hands momentarily, showing his open palms in a sign of peace, the hybrid dropped to scoop the boy up. It was a weak shield, but one he could exploit without getting the point of a sword in his face again.

“Babysitting,” Ezekiel replied with a slight smile. It was forced and uneasy. He was well aware that he was trespassing, even with Alaine’s permission, and knew that a personal history could turn him from a peaceful intruder into an enemy all too quickly. Thrilled to be the center of attention (at least in his mind) Elijah stared wide-eyed at the knight and his dark stallion, mouth open in a grotesque mockery of the smiling face on his bandana, head tilted to an impossible bird’s angle. “I’m Alaine’s apprentice,” he added, as if this might confirm his position. “And I’m not looking for trouble with you,” the coyote went further, eyes sharpening hawkishly. You and not the pack indicated he was too well aware of their history, as brief as it had been.

<style type="text/css">
.zekelion .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.zekelion {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/publ ... kelion.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 0px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Puppy shield is super effective!

Haven was oblivious to the presence of Alaine's child, his focus intent on the de le Poer male. The Knight would have been upset to find any intruder so far into the Court's lands, but the fact that this particular man had shown such unprovoked violence in the past made him even more protective and scrutinizing. The coyote's hands raised up to show he was unarmed and clearly had no intention of attacking at this moment at least. The sudden movement of Ezekiel leaning down to pick something made Haven's hand snap back and grab the hilt of his sword, but when the small form of a pup was displayed between them, his hand uneasily fell back away from the weapon.

Babysitting? Jade eyes were a distrustful glare. Obviously Alaine must trust the clan member to leave her son with him, but it was still not enough to placate the Knight. Haven looked at the young pup with his overly happy expression before focusing back on the trespasser. Being Alaine's apprentice would explain her scent thick upon his coat, and the fact that he was overlooking one of her brood. None of this seemed to add up with his past experience though, and experience that Ezekiel had not forgotten either it appeared. "Well that would certainly be a change from the last time our paths crossed," he said gruffly, still very much on guard.

<style type="text/css">
.hav_knight01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.hav_knight01 {margin:0px auto; width:380px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9643/haventable01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 60px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

haha I thought of Pokemon

With the quiver and bow inside, Ezekiel hardly looked as dangerous as he was. He doubted that Haven would suspect anything less—the man on the horse was a warrior as well, and Ezekiel’s own body betrayed this with his stance and its build. For once, he was glad that Elijah was present. Though the boy’s too-blue eyes and blank expression often unnerved the coyote, he would be useful in proving his presence was not one of ill-intent. Of course, Haven didn’t seem to accept his explanation. Ezekiel didn’t blame him.

As Elijah began to squirm, wanting to be let down to visit his other babysitter, Ezekiel bent to place the boy down. “I know. But you need to understand, I rescued Sibohan,” the name left his mouth as if it was a curse. “I saved her from her mother. I took care of her and brought her here. So when she left me for…” a wolf “…you, it hurt. A lot.” His eyes had darkened, thinking of the pain of the betrayal. The naïveté he had back then was no longer a part of who he was—nor was the innocence. Not after two long years in the wilderness.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Gotta catch 'em all ;D 300+

Haven knew, from past experience, that even unarmed Ezekiel was a force to be reckoned with. He had been unprepared the last time. On this occasion he would make no such mistakes. Even if he had the seeming advantage at the moment he did not become overconfident. As much as he would have simply liked to run the hybrid man out of here as was his right, he decided to search for answers instead of acting blindly. Both for this offense and the one of the past. That first encounter had always itched at the back of his mind. It was not so irritating that he had felt a need to search the coyote out, but since the opportunity was before him, why not seize it? They were on the Aatte's turf this time, and the clansman would be risking more than his own welfare if he did anything stupid.

The Knight watched hawk-eyed as Elijah was placed back down on the ground. When the name of the damned woman was spoken his lip curled up in a sneer. "There's no need to speak that cursed siren's name." His tone was angry, but this particular anger was not directed at Ezekiel; they both knew to whom it belonged. It was clear to Haven what the slight pause in the other man's speech implied, and his jades flashed dangerously, but he let the small flare pass unspoken. "I never asked her to leave." It was not his place to ask anyone to leave their home. True, he had been happy about the turn of events, but it had been her own choice. "She was a false creature to both of us. I was hurt too, deeply, but I never bore you any ill will. She is the only one responsible for her actions." He had only been following his heart. Unfortunately, it had been to the rack.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-fails at life-

It pleased Ezekiel to see that Haven too had been harmed by the ghostly siren. His eyes glittered at this fact, but his face remained otherwise impassive. A slow and subtle nod was given to acknowledge what would remain unspoken. Shifting his weight uneasily, Ezekiel looked on as Elijah sniffed about the Hotel. The boy and his oddities unnerved Ezekiel yet, but he appeared normal enough on most occasions to have him passing for something more than what he was.

“I’m not going to apologize,” Ezekiel said lowly, lifting his eyes back to the mounted knight. “I was angry.” This simple reasoning was all he needed. Oh he had been beyond angry in those days. Only the cold hand of the forest had steeled his temper, but this was only surface deep. “Though you certainly could have run me through with that blade of yours, eh?” Humor came with a plastic smile and the faintest showing of teeth. Subtle messages were part of Ezekiel’s speech patterns—he showed friendliness, submission, and aggression all at once.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

*drools on new Zeke avatar*

Part of him wanting to repay the hybrid clansman in kind of the wounds he had been dealt that day. The cuts had scarred, but they were not visible, not like the the thick lines that cut across his chest left from the pale man he had killed. Still, he was no boy to be acting so brashly anymore. He was the defender of his pack and a new father. Unnecessary risks were risks he needed to avoid. Besides, Vigilante surely would not love him for starting some scuffle with the Inferni man due to a personal slight, even if he did technically have the right to attack. "I didn't expect you would." His lips were still curved down in a sharp frown. Even if he felt he deserved an apology, he had not thought to get one. Not in this situation and not from the de le Poer.

Haven huffed out a silent laugh at Ezekiel's comment. "I could have, not entirely sure why I didn't." Actually, he knew quite well why he hadn't. "Suppose you have my damn honor to thank for that one." It wouldn't have been right to attack with such a weighted advantage. Plus, Haven hadn't even wanted a fight. If the same anger had burned in him that had burned in Ezekiel, it would have been a far different story. "If it ever happens again though, don't hold your breath for the same luck." Finally a small grin made its way onto the Knight's face, a slight glimmer in his jade eyes.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-fails at life-

They were both in positions of battle and war—one who idealized knights of old and another who lived the life of a savage. Yet not they stood next to another and there was no violence. Haven could have killed him outright. Ezekiel knew this. So he smiled and chuckled with the wolf, all the while knowing that in another instance, he would not have hesitated to chase the warrior from his land.

Yet there was a threat with that laugh and Ezekiel did not fail to recognize it. He smiled and showed his teeth. “Well next time we’ll have ourselves a proper fight then,” he challenged quietly. More threats hidden by the guises of cease-fire and momentary friendship, which was only held together because Ezekiel was hiding behind Alaine’s rank and pull in her pack. “You look a little taller too,” the coyote went on quickly, using honey instead of vinegar as he began to step towards Elijah (who was creeping closer to the mighty stallion Haven rode).

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

Haven was not a violent man by nature; he only employed it when it was necessary to protect his home or loved ones. He wondered if Ezekiel was the same or if he was a creature more given to bloodlust like so many thought of the coyote clan's inhabitants. Though he was Alaine's apprentice, and she trusted him with her infant son. The only thing that told him though was that at least the hybrid had a good grip on control when his blood wasn't heated. The Knight did not know what to make of this man before him and he doubted he would ever truly know him. As long as he posed no immediate threat, the Aatte was content to leave things as they stood though.

The ochre man chuckled softly at the other's half joke, half challenge. "I suppose so, though I would hope we would not have need of one." It was not fear or cowardice that made him say this, but only a sincere hope for peace between them. Haven was not one to go out looking for a fight and unless the Court came into conflict with the clan he could see no reason they should ever need to cross each other in earnest again. From what little he understood of Inferni they really only attacked when provoked and he could not imagine his pack would have any cause to go after them.

"Perhaps it's just Drogon's height you see," he said as he casually dismounted to help provide a barrier between the pup and the horse. "Though maybe you're right. I might not have been full grown when we crossed paths last." Jades looked over the coyote, noting the few scars he displayed. "We both have accumulated some decoration though I see." The bite mark on his arm was clear to see, as well as the claw marks across his chest.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Like his father and sister, Ezekiel was ruled by blood that knew battle and knew fury at its core. He had seen that proven by Talitha’s anger and her terrible red eyes, so much like their mother, that showed her world internal. She had shown him murder and hell-fire and she had meant for blood. If she loved him less, she would have come here. Talitha, for whatever else she was, she was capable of murder. This Ezekiel knew in his heart.

Haven seemed good-natured enough to allow the idle threat to pass, which reassured Ezekiel he would not need to flee the Court this day. Self preservation outweighed the idea of standing and holding his own; he would not die because he was so proud as to refuse to run. Elijah had just about closed the distance between himself and the horse when Haven dropped, and the puppy fell onto his fat haunches and stared up at the familiar man.

Ezekiel smiled a little at the mention of scars, his own displayed across his face like war-paint. “I used to have more,” he admitted. “But I’ve found that even old wounds can heal. Those not too deep, at least.” Corvus had nearly taken his eye. He had been lucky.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]