five days from home
[html]
300+
          Wandering through the labyrinth of evergreens and deciduous trees, Alae was already travel bound on exploring the neutral territories surrounding Dahlia de Mai. There was plenty of region to be explored yet in her new refuge at Dahlia, but due to Spring's essence upon the lands, Alae needed to keep up with the trends of the seasons. It was still naturally cold yet this far North in the world, despite how the temperatures only risen several degrees higher with the coming of Spring. While it might have been just a slight increase, Alae progressed forth to a lake she passed by long ago when coming to the borders of Dahlia de Mai.

Kael was in earshot of the Sidhe, but mainly upon his own adventure of swooping through the canopy of the trees and exploring what a snowy owl would deem interesting to find. Both Alae and her owl companion were consumed in their own intrigue of this new resourceful land, and the journey didn't take long at all before the agouti woman came upon the unnaturally blue hue of the lake in the southern area of this region. Water was essential for all means of life, but that wasn't the only reason why Alae was drawn to these mysteriously colored waters.

Pennyroyal grew here, surprisingly. She thought she was imagining things whilst passing through here before, but her confirmation this time would be true. It was a grassy sort of plant, the smallest member of the mint family. It was easily detected from the strong aroma that such a little organism could emit by its crushed leaves. While the pennyroyals were still standing in their prime, Alae's nose was seasoned enough to detect its scent. Pennyroyals didn't typically grow this far north of North America, leading the Subordinate of Dahlia to believe either someone planted it here, or by sheer luck of Mother Nature she decided to plant it here herself.

Regardless of the circumstance, Alae brought along a worn leather pack with a contained within. Coming to where the roots of the Pennyroyals extended themselves as far as they could to the crystalline waters, Alae began to harvest what she could of them to take back to Dahlia to dry them out. Perhaps a good tea would be made from them. She would take as much as she could, but was respectful enough of Mother Nature herself to leave some for the rest of the ecosystem to have.

[/html]
[html]

for the link start at the time '52 seconds and ends at '1:22. when he gets to her that's what he's singing and what he sounds like(; oh yea and sorry for the crappy post.

It was unlike Ookami to be traveling away from Phoenix Valley's borders, but he wanted some air. The devastating sight of Jace had torn his heart. He took a deep breath. He would keep his promise to himself. He would stay strong. He took a deep breath and broke into a gentle trot. His ears flicked up as he heard something. It was in a type of voice he had never heard before. He cocked his head and followed it. There was a strange device on the ground playing out what Ookami had heard of as 'music.' He listened to the song and really liked it. After the first time it played again. It kept repeating, Just a Dream. That was how he felt when he had seen Jace. It felt like just a dream. But it wasn't. It was real.

He spotted a lake a little ways a way and started loping towards it. He copied the voice he had heard on the song. He sung out loud, not really realizing how loud he really was singing. He smiled as he saw another wolf. He lowered his voice and walked towards her. She was picking something out of the ground. He cocked his head, what was she picking? He had just finished the chorus of the song when he was within earshot of her and started on another part of the song that he remembered easily. "In the middle of the night..." When that part was over he had reached her. "Hello!" He was cheery now, singing had rose his spirits. He smiled happily. "How are you on this lovely day?!" He chuckled a bit as he plopped on the ground.

When Ookami realized that this stranger may have heard him singing he blushed. "Errr... Uh- sorry if you heard me before." His voice was shy now and ducked his head down, not wanting her to look at his face. He wanted to laugh. If it was someone he knew he probably would have. But he didn't know this girl and he had been doing something he never had done before. He probably sucked at it and had embarrassed himself. He sighed, way to screw it up Ookami!

<style type="text/css">
.okamifreeb4 b {font-weight:bold; color:#635950; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.okamifreeb4-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#383838; text-align:center;}
.okamifreeb4 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.okamifreeb4 {margin:0 auto; width:508px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #38332f; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#383838; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
.okamifreeb4-border1 {width:510px; border:3px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.okamifreeb4-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #383838; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
[html]
You're fine. ^^ I'm pretty sure Ookami is in Lupus, right? If not, shoot me a PM and I'll edit! 300+

Slipping a small leaf from a Pennyroyal to taste for freshness, the taste was not exactly the most appealing in this form, but would make for delicious tea once it was grounded, dried, and steeped. Gathering an adequate amount for as much as the little container could hold, Alae was about to scout the area for some more useful herbs until a sing-song, melodious voice caught her attention. Kael, perched upon a branch not too far away, ruffled his white feathers and immediately gleamed in the direction of the oncoming singer. Immediately swiveling her ears behind her, the lyrics along with a finely tuned voice caught her interest at the instant.

"Open my eyes, yeah; it was only just a dream. So I travel back, down that road. Who she come back? No one knows. I realize, yeah, it was only just a dream…"

Apparently the person to who the voice belonged to didn't realize he was singing quite louder than someone typically would, but Alae blinked as a small grin curved the corners of her muzzle upward as the singing male then made ways straight into the area. Holding a goldish orange color to his coat, his amber eyes were the perfect tones for his overall hue. What intrigued Alae even more was his Lupus form, as it was the third individual she encountered that was in their Lupus shift.

Greeting her in a cheery voice, Alae tilted her head slightly, putting away the rest of the Pennyroyals collected. "Hello." Alae started off, with a kind grin. "I'm doing fine, actually. Just out here collecting some Pennyroyals. Ah, I mean, they're a herb that's valuable. And yourself?" The Sidhe responded, correcting herself just in case she sounded a little too technical with her words. Apologizing for his solo he was having with himself, the Subordinate's grin broadened, and she shook her head. "No, no. You're fine. You actually have a catching voice. I'm assuming you like to sing often?" Alae questioned, diving right into conversation.

[/html]
oh yea! sorry he is in his lupus form(; oh and sorry for the oh-so fail post! when I'm on my iPod my muse completely diesXD

Ookami smiled at her comments. "Sounds fun." He chuckled a bit, he felt giddier than he had for quite a while. After her last comment his head cocked, "No.. I have never sung before.. but thank you." He chuckled, his head still cocked to the side. Was he good at something he had never done before? He had never even heard anyone sing before yet this female said he was good. He smiled, maybe she was just saying that. Though now that Ookami had sung something he probably would be doing it all the time. "Oh! Excuse me, my name is Ookami." He grinned, hoping she didn't find him rude.

Ookami wanted to sing more! It had been so relieving. He felt happy and excited, like singing had wiped away all of his problems. This was surely something he was going to have to do in the future. He just needed to learn new songs now. He would think about his newly found love later. Right now he wanted to talk, "Pennyroyals huh? What are they good for?" He grinned, were they a herb used for healing.. or something else? Guess he would find out soon. He glanced up at the sky. It was a clear day with big puffy white clouds. He smiled, it was his favorite type of day. "What a beautiful day!" He laughed. He felt strange. He felt bubbly and hyper. He felt like a puppy again. Though he had never been this way as a puppy. He had always been mature and calm. But now something and cracked open. Maybe it was because life was going pretty grate. Him and Adonia were nearly mates, his injuries were gone and so much more. The only bad thing going on was what was happening to Jace. This thought alone was something that could dampen his spirits any day.. but not now. He felt to happy to become sad.

It was only now that he really looked at the female infront of him. She had lots of colors on her coat and a pretty tattoo on her arm. Around her neck she wore a necklace and Ookami looked at it for a moment. He smiled, it looked good on her. He looked deep into her eyes, something that was a bad habit. He knew it threatened many wolves, yet he couldn't bring himself to not look into others eyes. Ookami believed that the eyes are a key to a person's soul. And he felt that he understood someone better if he could look into their eyes. The females were lovely, a pretty blue color. He looked away, not wanting to seem a threat, and instead focused on the water in frot of him.
[html]
No worries, your writing is great! 300+

Astonished to hear the golden male never really sang before, her head tilted to the side in puzzlement. "Never?" Alae responded, quirking a brow. "It didn't sound like your first time to me." The Dahlian Subordinate then said, sincerity in her voice. There was a joyfulness about him that seemed rather contagious to the moment, making the ambience of this encounter more lighthearted and carefree. Excusing himself as Ookami, it was an interesting name for a male Luperci to have. Sounded foreign. "I am Alae, and my companion over there is Kael." Her muzzle tossed over to the snowy owl concealed in the trees, watching from his veil of evergreen at the two Luperci.

Inquiring about the Pennyroyals she collected, her sky blue eyes glanced down at them while she explained. No one ever really cared to ask which herbs did what; it was always give me the remedy that'll make me feel better faster. The real interest of medicinal herbs was dying out, and Alae was grateful that Ookami was the curious type to press on more about nerdy plant talk. "It can ease respiratory disorders, soothe stomach upsets, an insect repellent, and can be brewed tea only if you don't drink it for more than five days." Pennyroyal also came with dangerous consequences, as pure Pennyroyal oil was poisonous if ingested in constant amounts.

Citing a lovely day, Alae smiled kindly, glancing at Ookami, and then to what she could see of the skies beyond the canopy of trees surrounding the lake. "Indeed it is." A comfortable silence fell through, catching Ookami's amber gaze as the two of them seemingly observed one another. Ookami was large for a Lupus, and Alae couldn't remember encountering anyone with golden fur like his (it was either black, white, or agouti). One thing was also evident: Ookami appeared to be fairly young looking, as if just kissing a year upon his life. Everyone here seemed youthful, unique, and adapted to their Lupus form. "Where do you come from? Is it a place with lovely singers as yourself?" Alae asked with a coquettish smile.

[/html]
heyy! sooo sorry for the wait! swinging back into school was harder than I though! XD

Ookami laughed. "Yes... Never." He grinned, a slight blush flushing his cheeks, "Thank you." He smiled as she introduced herself and he looked over to see an owl not to far away. He smiled, "Nice to meet you both." He chuckled, feeling his energy hype up again. He listened to Alae as she spoke of the herb's use. He cocked his head, slightly confused. "Why can you not drink it for more than five days?" He thought for a moment, they may be dangerous, he mentally shrugged. Guess he would find out soon, when she told him. A smile spread across his face. He loved learning about stuff like this.

Ookami smiled as she agreed it was a lovely day. He watched her look around and grinned at the easy silence. It wasn't awkword, he was glad. He caught her eye as she seemingly observed him. He smiled, wondering if she was thinking about his size. Everyone always did. He laughed in his head. When she asked where he was from he smiled, but the comment on the end caught him off-gaurd. Is it a place with lovely singers as yourself? He chuckled, "To your first question. I really don't know the name of it. It's about three months away from here. Someplace where it is always warm. And to your second question, no one in my pack could sing. In fact I had never heard anyone singing until I found this strange device in the woods that played the music. I just heard that song and sung it." He shrugged, it sounded strange probably, but it was the truth.

"What about you? Where do you come from? Somewhere with healers I suppose?" He smiled. She clearly knew of herbs and was sure that there were healers where she was from. In his old pack there was one medic. Kind of like a shawman. He was about two days travel from the pack and was a crazy old wolf. He laughed in his head at the thought of the man. He was really the only one who had been nice to Ookami. He had spent lots of time traveling back and forth from the shawman's cave and his packlands. He was often attacked by many wolves and would have to go to the cave to heal. He pushed away the thought, listning for Alae's answer.
[html]
Finals are upon me these next two weeks, and I'm scared. O_x 500+

Finding it rather hard to believe Ookami never really took to singing as something of an enjoyable habit, the male's voice was certainly appealing to the ears and the Sidhe couldn't understand how he didn't discover his untapped talent sooner. Singing could be considered very sanctified to an individual, for carrying a melody in one's voice could be very moving when it came to emotions, religion, or in a spiritual aspect. While Alae didn't sing vocally, she did drone a low sounding hum during deep meditative poses. It was a consistent and drawn out hum, but it was a hum that mimicked the sound of life, which was an eternal sound in itself. "I don't sing, but I do hum during my meditations. Any sound is beautiful in its unique way, but you have a particular gift of song in your voice." Alae remarked, sincerity gleaming in her tone once again.

Holding interest in why you shouldn't drink a tea for more than five days (even though it could be a great tasting tea, isn't that hypocrisy for you?), Alae was delighted to see Ookami's sudden interest in Pennyroyals. Most individuals tended to shrug off plants, as they were something more to admire about a location than have any face value. "The essential oil extracted from Pennyroyals is poisonous. Long term use causes damage to the liver and internal organs. Women have used it before for abortions, but too much could kill them, too." The Dahlian Subordinate noted, finding it rather hard to believe such a delightful tea could also be the death of life altogether. Alae could have went into deeper detail with the biology of Pennyroyals, but figured the face explanation should be enough to satisfy Ookami's curiosity (though if he decided to question further, the Sidhe would gladly go into detail).

Puzzled to know Ookami didn't know the name of where he came from (which was really odd to Alae the more she thought about it, but shrugged it off), it seemed to be a long trek to get there considering the amount of time Ookami noted from this point to his refuge. Explaining that there was no vocal talent found where he came from, Alae pondered upon that fact. She placed a sharply fine fingernail to he chin, and caressed it gently. "Have you revealed your song to your pack? Maybe all they need is an influence…" Alae said, sky blue eyes narrowing to the singer before her. It would be interesting, a pack who sang a beautiful and sacred song of their own. Turning the tables upon Alae, her weight shifted upon her legs. There was a light, amusing puff of air to blow from her nostrils when Ookami assumed there were healers in Dahlia. "Dahlia de Mai, a costal territory. We have many smaller ecosystems in our lands. My medicinal skills consist mainly of holistic and aromatherapy, but as far as healers… I'm relatively new to Dahlia yet, so I'm afraid I'm not entirely sure on that." Alae offered in honesty. She had not yet gotten around to meeting every individual of Dahlia's ranks, but aspired to very soon.

[/html]
Ookami blushed slightly. "Thank you." He liked this wolf. She seemed to have a very positive outlook on everything. Ookami needed someone in his life right now that always thought of the positive. He smiled. He was sure him and Alae would be good friends in the future. He was normally always positive himself but people around him lately with so much bad stuff going on in their lives had brought their positive feelings on everything down to negative. He sighed, sooo many bad things. He pushed away the thoughts though. He didn't want anything to bring down his happy and giddy mood.

Alae began to speak of why the Pennyroyals were bad for you after five days of use. His ears perked up and he smiled. They were poisonous. This made him smile. He always thought it strange that things that were good for healing wounds and such ended up being bad for you with overuse. Abortion? He wasn't exactly sure what it was.. should he ask or try to figure it out. As she finished talking though he realized he wouldn't be able to figure it out. With a small chuckle he asked. "Abortion?"

"Well I didn't really know that I could sing so.. Maybe when I return there I will sing for someone." He smiled.
When she spoke of where she was from he nodded his head. "Oh. I have heard of there before.. I must have misunderstood your question before too. I am living in Phoenix Valley right now. I have been there since December. Dahila de Mai.. How are you liking it there? I am sure you will find healers there." He smiled
[html]
500+

Ookami's demeanor was infectious, and naturally made the whole encounter with the male a lot more laid back and casual. Alae enjoyed these interactions, seeing as how hostility was often abound with those not associated with a pack. There was always, always something to otherwise be wary or untrusting of. At least in Ookami, they were able to meet in tranquility and friendliness on neutral grounds. Ookami appeared flustered with her comments, which only made Alae's grin broaden in return. To experience a newfound talent within another was always a beautiful thing.

It seemed like there was general understanding of what the Pennyroyals could do and not do, however Ookami questioned the word abortion to Alae. While she might have been surprised and somewhat puzzled that Ookami didn't know what abortion was, then again abortion in this day and age was very uncommon. It was a process misunderstood, and not needed like it was needed in the world of humans before, or so Alae had read. "When a soon-to-be mother cancels the coming of her child. I agree, it is strange, but some do still practice it for whatever reason." Personally, Alae didn't understand the mean for abortion in this world. It wasn't like there was an overflowing population of Luperci (from what Alae read from history books with humans and abortions). Everyone had their reasons, though, and Alae often left it at that.

Misunderstanding the Sidhe's previous question, Ookami corrected himself and listed himself as part of the ranks of a pack called Phoenix Valley. He had been there since the winter, giving a whole season's worth of experience and possible rise in their ranks. "Phoenix Valley. I'll definitely have to come visit sometime." Alae noted, storing away the pack's name in mind for later use. As far as Dahlia de Mai was concerned, Alae smiled gently. "Myself and Kael just arrived. It is pleasant, rather beautiful, but we are in some state of current turmoil. Turmoil that I'm not familiar with yet…" The Dahlian trailed off, a little hint of apprehension in her voice. The upcoming pack meeting in Dahlia would hopefully give answers to such, for Alae couldn't elaborate anymore than she wished to.

[/html]