you will sigh deep in your heart
[html]

All welcome, one only please, and please be able to reply actively! Foxglove is in lupus, set at Grandfather's Tears. 2 points.

It had been a temporary leader that had greeted and accepted her, and Foxglove had not brought up her inquiries about the woman her mother had told her of, Liliana. The young blonde could have easily gone to her birth pack, Dahlia de Mai, but she had not had much interest in doing that. Her father and her sister were in Cour des Miracles still, to her knowledge, but the girl did not think she was ready to find them yet. She did not know her hesitation, but merely that she was not yet ready to see either one of them. Perhaps it was fear and perhaps it was simply because she just plain wasn't ready. Regardless, she had not wanted to live in that pack, or her birth pack again. Her mother had been the one to mention the tribal woman she had been friendly with, and Foxglove had gone from there. She could only hope she was still in the tribe.

Bright emerald eyes studied the four springs, interconnected with seemingly no set shape. Foxglove sat quietly, considering recent events. Though she had never wanted to settle like her mother and Poppy had done, it seemed that she was willing to do that here. Being in this area seemed... Right, somehow. She had chosen her profession path already as a scout; it suited her well. Foxglove would be allowed to roam and wander while still having a home to come back to, and in her drifting, she would be doing her duties to the pack. Learning about the tribe was something she wanted to do, but she would need to find someone who would be willing to tell her about the tribe. Lolita had not known much, and Foxglove knew just as little. Being a member of the tribe would take some effort, certainly, and she would learn it eventually. It seemed to have such a different structure than most other packs, though she hoped it would be as enjoyable as the gypsy pack she had stayed with.

<style type="text/css">
.Foxglove01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.Foxglove01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#AF78A2; text-align:right; }
.Foxglove01 p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.Foxglove01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#F5DBEA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... love01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C089B2; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF78A2; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Tammi edit: I darkened your font a bit (used your ooc colour) to make it more readable. (Feel free to remove this message once you read it! :3
[html]

'Allo! Big Grin (Nootau: Visible)

Ralla's mission for that day was plain and simple; immerse herself in nature. She had one of those days where she just wanted to get out and connect with the spirits and elements that surrounded her; pay her respects to the forces of nature and all its forms. She felt that this was important if she was ever going to be a spiritual wolf within the pack, and it didn't hurt that it took her all about the pack lands in a nice trip. She followed her path that she had when she had undergone the spiritual cleansing, eventually leading her to Grandfather's Tears. Along the way, everything looked different from when it had been snow-covered. Green things abounded, and the rivers ran without hindrance from ice or snow. The sounds of birds and animals were clear, making a song that Ralla dared not interrupt for the time. Nootau was perhaps of the same mind, the spirit guide flying in lazy loops through the tree branches which, Ralla had to admit, was the silliest she'd seen the stoic barn owl.

At first Ralla had expected to see the four springs undisturbed as she had left them. Granted she was still fearful of the nights around the waters, but because winter was over, the spirits were more at ease and restful, now that their season of demise had departed. But instead, there was another wolf there that blended so well into the light that at first, Ralla had to decide whether she was seeing a spirit through a trick of the light. On slight paws the white wolfess padded through the new grass and sod down one of the embankments to wind around a tree, looking out to the figure. She could smell the presence of another quite clearly, and she had yet to disappear, so she came to the conclusion that the other was indeed of the mortal plain and not made of energy such as Nootau. "Hello?" she called, curious as to the new wolfess. She had never seen a golden wolf, much less one in AniWaya. But her scent was heavy with AniWaya's mark, signaling her as a friend and not a foe.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC: I didn't see Ralla's post until I had posted. Sorry.

IC: Ayasha wasn't sure what brought her to Grandfather's Tears. She supposed it was curiosity. She had heard that it was cursed. She wasn't entirely sure why or if she believed that it was cursed. She would have to ask her mother about that. Or Chief Dawali. Or maybe even J'adore. She considered the three adults. Ralla was her new mommy and she loved her. Dawali had rescued her and she thought of him as a grandfather or uncle. Then there was J'adore. He was just awesome. He was going to give her Inez. He was like a big brother or uncle to her. Yep. They were all neat.

She looked around the place cautiously. It was a little creepy. Though she wasn't sure if it was because the place was truly cursed or because she thought it was. Though it was essentially the same right? Curses worked best when a person believed them? She frowned another question for an adult. She spotted a female she hadn't met before. Hello! My name's Ayasha. What's yours? She greeted brightly. This place is supposed to be cursed. she then saw her mommy. Hi mommy.
[html]

That's okay. c:

The blonde wolf was calm, remaining silent and almost eerily still. There was much on her mind now, thoughts she could hardly seem to sort into any order at all. Her thoughts were mostly of AniWaya now, but the memories of her early days of puphood alongside her two sisters mingled as well. She had always been the yin to the yang shared by Poppy and Magnolia. Foxglove did not know how they had changed now, for she had seen neither since almost immediately after leaving this area. Someday soon, she would search out her father and the sister she knew lived in this area, but she was not yet ready. She did not know when she would be.

Soon, the Monroe girl was no longer alone. Sharp green eyes focused on the first to arrive, her gaze drifting to the bird that seemed to be with her. The woman smelled of AniWaya, and even if she did not, Foxglove would not have been concerned. Though she was a scout now and her duties involved looking for strangers along the borders, the gypsy girl did not fear any of the potential encounters. "Hello," she replied, her tone soft and seemingly far away. The puppy that arrived with excitement caught her attention, as well. "My name is Foxglove. How is it cursed?" The blonde girl was perhaps cursed herself, finding herself with the same condition that afflicted her mother.

<style type="text/css">
.Foxglove01-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#AF78A2; text-align:right; }
.Foxglove01 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#F5DBEA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... love01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #C089B2; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AF78A2; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ralla, upon being greeted went out to be nearer to her pack mates. For sure, the arrival of her adopted daughter surprised her, but not as much as it concerned her. Trotting to be beside the two, Ralla looked down at the snowy white fluff ball that honestly could've been her true daughter by appearance alone. "Hello sweetheart," she said affectionately, nudging Ayasha with her nose before returning her attention to the stranger that introduced herself as Foxglove. "Foxglove, it is nice to meet you. I am Ralla, an Otlvna Gata, and this is my daughter, who I see you've already met. She is right when she says it is cursed; the spirits of the pack that once inhabited these lands remain here, trapped by their sorrow of a winter that consumed them. But that is another story, and one that Ayasha should know well," Ralla said, glancing down at her daughter. "Which brings me to question: why are you so far out here, Ayasha? Especially here." Ralla knew that they were still within the pack borders, but there were certain places in the pack lands that she would prefer Ayasha avoid; Adella's Rage and Grandfather's Tears at the top of the list. She was far too small and young to take care of herself should the need arise, much less call for help with her small voice; a projective howl was too far beyond her years yet. Nootau hooted--the first slightly animal sound Ralla had heard the spirit guide make--in support of her question, making her head turn to him in mild surprise for a moment.

Ralla sighed and smiled down at her daughter. Discipline was hard for Ralla to give for the simple fact that she forgave even the largest things very easily. Her mate was a prime example of that forgiveness, and she never regretted it. That is, until now, when she should've rightly told Ayasha her boundaries. But that was no way to behave in front of another wolf, and it wasn't as if Ayasha had wandered far beyond the borders. "But I might also ask you the same thing, Foxglove; many think me a bit silly to come out here myself, so what are you doing out here?" She asked so with a gentle tone; not accusatory or nosy, but merely curious.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
She looked a little contrite at being here. She had no idea that she wasn't allowed here. She looked up at Ralla. I'm sorry. I was just curious about this place. She gave her mother a concerned look and looked around her. Is it really cursed? Will we all be OK? She moved closer to Ralla. But she did give Foxglove a smile.

Hello. She still stuck close to Ralla and looked around warily. It's kinda creepy here. She wasn't shy but rather unsure about this place. She looked between the two of them and gave her mother a stern look. Mommy, why are you here? Since I'm not allowed here, why are you? If she could shift, she would have crossed her arms across her chest.

She turned to Foxglove. What do you do? My mommy's takes care of the Great Fire. I don't quite know what I want to do when I'm big. She snuck her mother a glance. She needed her help learning about the paths and what would suit her best. She also was scared of shifting. She had lots of questions about that too.
[html]

Perhaps it was strange for a new tribe member to be out here all alone, but Foxglove knew nothing of the area, nothing of the lore and myth and legend. Ralla appeared to be a seasoned member of the tribe, as did her daughter simply by being raised here. "I didn't know it was cursed," she said simply in reply to the question of why she was out here. "I only just came to the tribe." Lolita had never mentioned a white female from the tribe or any puppies. She had only mentioned Liliana, and Foxglove would seek her out soon. The dogwoman was the reason for the young Monroe's presence in the tribe, at least indirectly.

"I am a Tsula Agateno," she said, jade eyes studying the way the puppy behaved. Foxglove had been an anxious puppy, but it had soon become apparent she was afflicted the way her mother was and she had been able to find ways to cope with it. She, like Ayasha, had chosen to stay close to her mother until the day she had left her to join the gypsies. "Why does that owl follow you?" The question might have seemed sudden, but the blonde wolfdog had been curious since Ralla's arrival.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ralla smiled down at her daughter in reassurance as she displayed a fear that Ralla thought right to instill into her. Having a healthy respect for the spirits never went astray, and Ralla wanted her to at least know that being so close to the deep waters was dangerous by itself, never mind that she had probably already gone close to Adella's Rage just to get there, if not over the pitfalls that lied over the Adagio Creek caverns. In reality, much of AniWaya was dangerous, and could only be navigated in certain parts by the older wolves. The white wolfess would feel better about her daughter's exploration if she were an adult herself, or at least had a chaperon... "It is no longer winter, so the spirits are more at rest now. But it is still their place, and being unaware of the spirits here is dangerous no matter the season. As to not knowing it was cursed," she said, turning her attention to Foxglove, "it is understandable. It doesn't seem like it would be cursed, does it?"

Despite that, Ralla had to agree with Ayasha; the beauty of the sunshine filtering through the new green leaves and the serene sounds of birds hid the fact that the air was still in that part of the forest, while the rest was alive with the breezes of spring. It was a reverence; a respect to those resting in the cursed waters. Ralla would never swim or drink of the waters evermore, but despite its cursed quality...it was a part of the ancestry and part of AniWaya; braving it meant spiritual strength. Ayasha's sudden stern-ness brought the snowy wolfess from her thoughts, causing her to lift a paw and muss Ayasha's fur on the top of her head a bit. "Because I am an adult and know how to take care of myself. Your time of independence will come, Ayasha." With a start, Ralla realized that most of her conversation had been to explaining things to her daughter, even though they had other company. A blush rose to her cheeks from both her realization of her rudeness and from her daughter's apparent pride in her mother's rank. It warmed her heart, but she gave Foxglove a sheepish look as if to say 'She's really a good child.' A Tsula Agateno? A scout? Ah, so that was why Foxglove was so far out by herself. Ralla often sought out the solitude on days she wished to grow closer to the spirits, but she was not a Tsula Agateno, so did not really have the same justification... Foxglove's mere membership of the tribe was enough reason, but Ralla had wondered if she had had similar reasons to her own. It appeared not.

In the questioning of Nootau, the bird hooted low and quirked his head at their group, ink-black eyes fathomless in their sagacious wisdom. Looking up, Ralla smiled warmly to the barn owl, knowing that, now, he had chosen to be visible. Since he was her spirit guide, she could always see him when she wished or when he was not about doing...spirit things. As to others, he could mask himself as he pleased. It was obvious that the bird enjoyed being visible, based on the amount of times he had been acknowledged by mortals, and Ralla wondered if it was a reminiscent pride that held within the spirit. "Nootau is my spirit guide. He is...quite fickle." "Not quite as much as you," he said back in a monotone, deep voice. Nootau rarely spoke, instead sending the wolfess images and emotions to convey his feelings. Whenever he did decide to speak, it was obvious that only she could hear him, and if he was speaking to someone else, she would only translate if she thought his words civil--which was rare enough in itself. She trusted him inexplicably though, that was for sure. He had remained a constant companion, even helping her weather her emotions upon her return to AniWaya and through other trials, including Kemo's distance... Her mate was a good man and tribe mate, but he had seemed...sullen and sad, as of late. And whenever she would broach the subject with him, he would smile and dismiss. The darkness in his heart... She promised she would help to heal it.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

Ayasha listened only partially to her mother's words. She did look up at the mention of it not being winter anymore and fought the urge to say, Well, duh. At it not looking like it's cursed, she felt like she had to speak up. I don't know mommy, it does seem a little creepy to me. Is that because I came here knowing it was cursed? She hoped that her mother would be able to explain that to her.

Her mother's reasoning about being an adult just made her pout. It's not very much fun to be little. Why can't I be bigger? She asked in despair. Yet it was also rather rhetorical. Foxglove's profession caught her attention. You're a scout? Cool! Have you found anything or anyone interesting yet? She asked eagerly.

As the talk turned to Nootau, her attention was caught by her surroundings. Are the spirits listening to us? What do they think? What do they do in their spare time? These and thousands of other related questions and thoughts flew through her mind. Mommy, when do I get a spirit guide?
[html]

+2 points.

There was evidently much that Foxglove had to learn about the tribe’s way of life. It was a challenge she was willing to take on, certainly, as she had no intentions of leaving the tribe. Her mother had given her blessing for Foxglove to return to the area to one of three packs: her birth pack, the tribe, and the pack of her father and sister. The blonde girl had not wished to return to Dahlia de Mai, and she was not yet ready to face her father and her sister for all that they had likely changed. She had never known Niro well, and she expected Magnolia would be very different. Foxglove herself had changed more than she would have imagined.

Though there did not appear to much difference in the ages of the two girls, the gaps in their maturity were evident to the blonde wolfdog girl. The differences in their outward behavior could be measured in leaps and bounds. Foxglove did not hold this against Ayasha, of course; it was obvious that the girl, only slightly younger if at all, had been given the childhood of a normal pup, at least for the most part. Foxglove had not been given that courtesy. She peered at the excitable puppy with mild interest. “No, I have not. I have only just arrived here,” she responded. It had only been a short number of days, and there had been nothing yet to find. With the exception of Jefferson, these were the first two wolves she had even met within the tribe’s land, though she knew that there were many more.

The strangeness of the owl’s presence was not explained in the response that Ralla gave, for Lolita had not been capable of warning Foxglove of these creatures for a lack of knowledge on her own part. “What is a spirit guide?” she asked, her tone irenic, as she did not wish to offend with her lack of knowledge. Ayasha’s question implied that everyone would get one, or perhaps only those born into the tribe. It was a curious phenomenon, indeed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sooooo tired TT-TT

Smiling coyly, Ralla nudged her daughter with her nose, having caught the universal of look 'no duh'. "It's just because it's so quiet. Even during the warmer months, most animals know to avoid this place. The few unfortunate ones..." Ralla had been a first-hand witness to what happened to animals who came too close to the waters in the winter. They ended up dead, mysteriously killed, and lying about the shores for other predators to eat or to rot. In a sense, they were standing on the graves of not only those animals, but of the tribe that had once occupied the lands before AniWaya. She dismissed her train of thought there. "Getting bigger isn't a matter of wanting to, Ayasha. You just have to wait for it to happen. Your body will know when to grow and when to stop." Ayasha had been growing much more curious as of late, asking many questions that were common sense to adults, and yet Ralla didn't fault her because the young girl was not an adult, and had to thusly be explained the things she asked. It did not bother the white wolfess in the least.

"A spirit guide is the spirit of an animal that has left the mortal world. When deemed a part of the AniWayan tribe by the ancestors and Great Spirits, their soul is sent to guide and protect one wolf, who is their charge. They often mimic their charge's personalities through their shape, although they have their own personalities, of course. They are our link and guardians." Ralla said the last bit with a tinge of affection, because Nootau was just that. He had looked out for her and guided her when needed, nudging her in the right direction and giving her silent advice (which was helpful, despite how it sounded). Ayasha's next question was also understandable, and Ralla answered it both to her and Foxglove both. "When you're ready, it will appear before you. Not all spirit guides come immediately. They come when we need them most." This was true enough. When Ralla had been in her birth pack, she had felt a grief for never being able to return, and yet a happiness for having been accepted into AniWaya. She had been so confused, and then Nootau had appeared before her and guided her to where she needed to be. It had been enough proof for her that she was AniWayan, and that she was being watched over, too. "But Foxglove, congratulations on the path choice. We all greatly appreciate the work done to ensure our safety." Yes, especially with all the little ones about. Ralla was no seasoned fighter like her brother; should anything happen, she doubted she could be of much combat use...maybe.

<style>
.fireplz .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.fireplz p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.fireplz b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#ffffff 0px 0px 2px; }
.fireplz {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Unspc.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.fireplz-border {width:452px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.fireplz .inner {margin:10px 10px 320px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

She gave her mother a small smile back and listened to what she was talking about with how quiet it was. It was really quiet. A breeze probably wouldn't even get in here. Do all the animals that come die? Why are we safe and not them? Did they get special treatment or was there safety in numbers. Have any wolves died by coming here? As her mother talked about getting bigger, she nodded. I know. It's just really hard sometimes.

She listened intently to what her mother said about spirit guides. She had a question that had been in the back of her mind since she met Sakari. Mommy. Chief Dawali's niece, Sakari, can see spirit guides, even when others can't. Why is that? As her mother congratulated Foxglove, her mind went to her own path. Scouting was on the top of her list. So she wouldn't be the only scout, if that was what she did choose.