amaranthine
[html]

300+ WotD: "Corybantic"

A beautiful afternoon was upon them, despite how cool it was to linger in the shade of the many spruce and fir trees that veiled Oberon's Spring. The Subordinate took delight in the variety of fauna contained in just Dahlia de Mai alone, and ever since settling down in this new refuge, Alae was concentrated on gathering numerous herbs and plants to store away for later use. Even taking a day or two to venture out of the borders of Dahlia, the Sidhe was able to collect a meager amount of Pennyroyals from a neutral territory not far from the coastal pack. It was a surprise as to how many plants really did thrive here. What was even more impressive was how the ancient humans were able to cultivate plants in such ecosystems that wouldn't be found anywhere else. There was no need for Alae to have a corybantic attitude about stuffing her leather bound pack with as many herbs as she could fit, for there was more than enough abundance to collect. This was a medicinal paradise for Alae.

Finding themselves (themselves as in Alae and her snowy owl companion, Kael) stumbling upon the deep and cold spring in the middle of the sub-region of Dahlia, Alae was immediately drawn to the waters. Kael took his place perched upon a branch hovering right above the spring, finding solace in resting from a long day's flight around Dahlia. Dipping her wolf-like toes into the shallowest part of the spring as she sat down by the edge, the waters instantly nipped at her feet as strikingly cold. It took several moments for Alae to even ease the first part of her feet into the water, but felt somewhat comfortable once she was able to soak them without having them go numb on her. The spring felt good on her travel worn feet, and taking a break from harvesting herbs for the day, Alae let her sky blue eyes slip close as she enjoyed her solitude for this moment. Slipping into what would be considered very mild meditation, her breathing slowed, was paced, and began to feel a sense of her own well-being.

<style type="text/css"> .character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4C3B2D; letter-spacing:1px; } .character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:11px;} .character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;} .character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6d6b70; background-image:url(http://i55.tinypic.com/a0umvq.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#C2BFBE; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
star sat there and watched as this new wolf entered the waters slowly. She wanted to jump at her so much but yet kept cool. But the the pups strong excitement lifted. She took a look around her to make sure there was no other pack member near the two of them. She took the moment and jumped out of the water soak and wet from head to toe. But she didn't care all she cared about was to find out who was in her small little hide out. She didnt think that anyone would have figured out this small place.

As she jumped out of the water. "So what's your name." As she said and went to tackle this wolf.

She then realized the sent of her pack, but couldn't stop because of the point she was in the air. She noticed a tree and jumped to it so she wouldn't jump into her rudely.
[html]
300+

Her meditative state would be short lived, for suddenly out of the depths of the waters came lurking a creature that was a far cry from any Nessie or swamp monster. A little puppy who was grey and white lunged out of the water, just barely missing Alae. It was the splash of water before her voice that she heard, and even while the pup was heading straight for Alae, she did not move a single muscle. Her solitude was instantly broken, eyes instantly opening and transfixing upon the little body that almost jumped right into her, but was able to somehow divert her pounce a little off to the side (quite a flexible puppy if anything!) Her eyes were a stunning navy blue, and like any puppy's curiosity, wanted to know the name of the Sidhe and who she was.

Remaining in place, Alae didn't move but a kind smile appeared upon her muzzle. While Alae wasn't overly maternal to puppies, there was a deep respect and kindness directed to them. Kael from above his perch in the tree fluttered his wings, perhaps in a gesture of surprise, but then calmed himself and gawked at the little figure below that jumped from the Spring. This would be the first pup encountered in Dahlia de Mai, and Alae was eager to meet the youth of Dahlia if there was any. "My name is Alae. What's yours?" Alae returned in response, her voice in a friendly melody. A few seconds passed, before Alae decided to engage in light conversation with the pup. "How is swimming in the Spring? Is it cold?" The Sidhe questioned. It felt lovely upon her submerged feet, but figured it might be a lot colder to submerge an entire body within it.

[/html]
Star came from around the tree. Then noticed a bird above her. The bird started to fly away, so she tried to jump and catch her. Unfortunately the bird settled down and Star lost interest. Her attention then turned to the pack member she jumped to. Star was soaked being that she just jumped out of the spring. She shook and threw water everywhere around her.

After she was done shaking she said.' Nice to meet you Alae, my name is Star. Its nice to meet someone else from the pack. It's not normal for me to meet people. That's why I come here." She said

Star said everything as calm as possible. But the excitement was overwhelming the day that she was invited to the pack shes been trying to help as much as she could until the old pack leader left. No one since has wanted her help because of how young she is.

She said with much excitement. "The river is nice its been beautiful out. It's also nice to cool off for a little before another run around my small track."
[html]

300+

Puppies were naturally full of life and curiosity, and Alae took a moment to observe this in Star, as she would call herself. She remembered how curious she was when Alae was just a puppy herself, believe it or not. Little things like birds caught her own attention, and was eager to chase after them (and often disappointed to know they would fly away before she had opportunity to talk to them). There was nothing in the world that could cause stress to a pup as young as Star was, and Alae wished she had some of that innocence back from her past.

Her name was pretty in itself, for anything named after the cosmos was always an alluring name. "Your name is pretty, Star. And you're right, it's great meeting others from our pack. We are all one large family." Well, kind of like family. Alae wasn't sure if Star had her parents here or not (since many puppies nowadays were usually outcasted away from their parents), but Alae decided not to question that just in case it was too sensitive of a topic. Hearing that Star often cooled off now from her runs, Alae was curious to know what sort of track Star ran on. "I agree, it's been very nice out. That's good that you like to run, is there a specific track here that anyone can run on, or is it your own?" Alae questioned, wondering if Star liked to run for fun, or was working on her running skills to become something more in the future.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele b {font-weight:bold; color:#9A7B36; letter-spacing:1px; }
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele p {text-indent:25px; padding:2px 20px; margin:0px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
not many people where so eager to run not even back in the ancient human time of age. Star could remember a dream of hers that should one day meet someone like this but could never think of the wolfs name. After a while she forgot and never worried about it. She knew though her next choice would give her a friend or swipe it right away. She did love to run and actually enjoyed it as well. The track that she usually runs on is a little deeper in the forest though she didn't know if Alae would be up for a small walk before. At the same time she was trying to better herself. But on the same thinking she would like to help better anyone that would like to join as well. She tried look on the brighter things though. Like her dad always use to say look bright not dimmer.

she said with a as much hope she would come. " Yes its open to anyone that is willing to come and join. I usually run for fun and to better myself. If you want you can come with me the track is over towards that gap in the trees. It may be about fifteen feet after it. That if you want to join."

Star started to walk off but then remembered some thing that she wanted to tell this wolf. Some thing that she wanted to ask the pack leader until he left and no one has talked to her since.

"Alea I thank you for the complement. But I have a question for you. My dad has told me that he named be because when my mom gave birth to me she was under the north star. And ever since i could remember he's told me that my name Star means that people would look up to me as a respectable person, because stars lead the way for others to get home. Well my question is that do you think I can lead people when i get older. Or do you need to get used to me better then you do now."
[html]

Since I noticed Star isn't a Luperci, it might be a little weird to her when she sees Alae shift to Secui. XD 300+ WotD: "Polymorphous"

Smiling down at Star, little goals such as running made the greatest difference in the world, and was a great influence on what a juvenile was destined to do when they were older. The way Star spoke about running was passionate in her voice, an activity that was mundane among wolves in general, but for Star it was a passionate hobby or past-time to do. There was obviously nothing wrong with such, for building one's speed and endurance was always essential for survival, especially for a polymorphous species as the Luperci. Expressing how the track was open to anyone in Dahlia, Alae was delighted at Star's invite to go for a short walk that could perhaps evolve into a run. The track was, matter in fact, not too far away from where they were now, as her sky blue eyes narrowed over to the poot where Star directed. "Sure, that sounds great. I could use a brisk walk or jog today. Lead the way." The Sidhe said, taking her feet out of the water and standing to full height.

Seeing as how Alae towered over little Star (who was but a little pup), the Subordinate figured it would be more appropriate to shift to Secui so it wouldn't be so awkward for them both in different height proportions. Closing her eyes, Alae allowed herself to shift swiftly into Secui. Now upon all fours, she gave a quick shake of her fur before Star spoke again about her name and future ambitions. Listening keenly to what Star's father told her about her name and the symbolism behind it, it seemed like her father looked out for Star's better benefit. Star asked if she thought she had the potential to lead when she was older, and Alae nodded to this fervently.

"Your father had your well-being ever since he named you. That is right, stars do have the capability to lead others to their destinations, and perhaps he aspired to see that very trait in you. I believe you could be a strong leader someday, Star. I'm not just saying that to say it either. Anyone is really capable of becoming a leader. You need to be passionate about it, just like how you are passionate about running down this track."

Alae noted, her muzzle motioning to the winding track up ahead of them, and continuing to keep the same pace alongside Star. "With your running, you could train and become a pack's best hunter. You could coordinate pack hunts, know every move of the caribou, be a navigator for the pack to follow you." Alae explained, definitely seeing the prospect of Star becoming a hunter like figure in a pack if she pursued her running throughout her maturity.

<style type="text/css">
.triskele .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.triskele {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#c7be8a; background-image:url(http://i52.tinypic.com/119rz2s.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid gray; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia; font-size:11px; color:#7B6F53; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
As Alae changed in to her other form, Star took quick notice ad was surprised that wolves could even transform in to another form. Star was never the type to judge other beings, she loved all living creatures. So she look at Alae and pointed with her nose into the direction that they need to go. Then started to walk toward the track. When they finally reached the track about five minutes later. Star then look at Alae and told her that very few if none knew about herself.

"Before we start the run you mentioned my father naming me for the reason to lead. I dont know if i have told you but i believe that myself. I always try to keep my mother and father in my mind to keep me going, because they died a little after my birth, by other wolves. The wolves left me and my siblings alone but i was the smallest and all my other siblings left with out me."

Star then look around to take some breaths as well as to soak in the nature around her. It looked like it was going to rain but no weather to this day has been able to stop her from running, and most likely no weather would ever ether.

She looked back at Alae" Its going to be nice out for a little, but it looks like its going to rain hard soon. If your up for it would could run this whole track. Although it would most likely going to rain just a little in."
[html]

Sorry for the wait, m'dear! 300+

Letting Star lead the way to the track, Alae eagerly followed after. Certainly a little rusty from not switching into Secui for quite sometime, the Sidhe figured this brisk run along the track in a different form would prove to be beneficial for some flexibility and exercise. While Alae practiced meditation and baptiste yoga techniques in Optime, her Secui form was seldom used for anything but long distance traveling and difficult hunts. It dawned upon her that for overall peace and tranquility, it would be best to exercise each form that she possessed.

For the age Star was, she was heroic and strong. For some unknown reason, Alae knew Star was sharing personal, deep matters with her concerning her family that she probably didn't share with anyone else in Dahlia de Mai. Keeping her parents in mind even after their mortal beings were long gone from this Earth is what kept her going and kept her spirit lively, and Alae admired that intently about Star. Apparently her parents were maimed by other wolves in some unfortunate affair, and for as little as Star was, she had been able to prevail since then. "I'm certain your parents would have been very proud of you that you've taken care of yourself this whole time. This world, it's a difficult place; meant for those who are strongest to survive, and you've had those qualities on the right track thus far." Alae noted, and smiled as her words foreshadowed the path upon them that they arrived at.

Faded paw prints from previous runs could be detected in the soft, rundown soil, as Alae's sky blue gaze narrowed ahead of them. The track disappeared beyond the trees, and mentioning the prospect of rain, Alae glanced up at the sky to see if this was true. "It does. I'm up for it if you are, are you ready?" Alae asked, giving a swish of her bushy agouti tail from behind. She was ready for this run, for she certainly needed it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Star knew of her parents from her siblings but not for her self. She was wondering her self if this is what her parents would have wanted. Although not many others knew of our small family. Smiling she looked at Alae hoping she was ready for the terrain she was about to run on. Star on the other hand knew all a bout the terrain from the dangers to the deep waters. The rain just started but little sprinkles from what she saw although the sky looks like it has a bunch more to dump. "So are you ready there's a lot of paths that you can take but just stay with me and you'll be fine." She then looked at the ground at the first crack of lighting they would go."Okay when you hear the first slam of lighting well take of that way it give you time to get ready. A small warning though watch out for the trees, at time the path takes a quick turn and if you turn to slowly you'll run straight into them."
[html]

WotD: "Abut" 312

The conversation regarding Star's parents came to abut, as Star didn't have any more to contribute to the consideration of her family. This was impeccably accepted by Alae, seeing as how family was indeed a tender topic to brush upon. The Sidhe wished she could have met Star's parents at some point in their lives before their departure from this world, for as young and bright as Star was, her parents must have been brilliant motivators and individuals in their own sense. In a sense (and not to say in a negative manner), their misfortune of disbanding from each other led the young girl to come to Dahlia de Mai to share her incentives and passions to a pack that was desperate for those qualities in this time. Within time, Alae knew Star could become a powerful figure in the ranks if Star decided to apply herself to it.

With a sudden bout of rain overcoming their heads, Alae didn't think the forecast held any such promise from water in the sky, but then again the Sidhe also observed how fickle the weather was upon this continent. A little water didn't hurt anyone, but the humidity to come with it would be a challenge to feel comfortable with indeed. Alae was more ready than ever, dipping her muzzle in a nod to acknowledge Star's instructions of running the track. Seemed simple enough, and as they waited for the next flash of lightening to temporarily light the grayed clouds, her massive sized paws in her Secui form kicked off from the Earth, propelling her forward into a run. Her run was constant, but nothing to where she would be running a race or marathon. It was a good sprint, all in all keeping up with the pace of Star; having her lead the way of the run and keeping her directions in mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
As the rein started to get heavier, Star was worried that Alae was not going to make it the whole way.The track didn't seem like it used to with the footing but Star did not want to tell her this so that she wouldn't worry. With Alae right beside her she had to be careful she was a leader at the time, so she didnt want to lead Alae to danger that she is Stars first friend. Although Star did not want to come to Alae being her friend She always did every thing herself. No was ever there for her."A sharp turn is coming up I'll take the lead, This is one of three Sharp turns, and by far the worse. Just stick with me and you'll be fine."

The place Star was taking her has only been seen by one being that she knew of and that was her. It's the most peaceful and beautiful place that one could be. She didn't want to tell Alae this so that way it would be the best surprise that Star could give to her.
[html]

With the sudden oncoming of rain beginning to progressively pour down harder, the Sidhe wondered in the back of her mind if this was a good idea to be running during this time. It led to a slippery path and muddy puddles that might get in the way and slow down their pace some, but then again a little rain didn't hurt anybody, right? The rain actually felt pleasant to soak into her agouti pelt; feeling the coolness of the droplets begin to dampen her fur lightly along her back. Her pace was kept with Star's, thought she allowed the Lehring to keep a little pace ahead to lead them both.

Noting that a sharp turn was coming up, her sky blue eyes stole a glance at Star before nodding in mid run. Alae enjoyed how the scenery was making their run a little risky, especially with Star noting there were some obstacles to be had along this track. Alae figured it was nothing that was too risky, but decided to go with it anyways. Alae allowed Star to pull ahead even more of them both, letting her lead the way through the risky turn. In the meantime Alae wasn't expecting where Star was going to bring her to, and in reality didn't really seem to mind wherever the two will go just as long as they got their run on.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
As the turn was coming up Star turned to Alae then to the wet, soaked ground under her. After puzzling for a little bit she figured out how Alae who was not used to the form she was in, as well as the wet ground she was running on.
":Alae when the turn comes with in five feet start turn about forty five degrees, the stop moving. Which the drift should enable you to make the complete turn."

Star then turned back around to face the turn herself. Although this isn't the first time that she has done this turn raining or not. Star blasted through the turn and waiting for Alae to arrive around it. Star was sure that she would make it. When she first started running this track she did the same thing she was telling her to do.
[html]

Alae had not been on a good run in quite sometime, feeling the compression of her lungs begin to get a little tight. There was a difference between running for a purpose and running for the sheer reason of enjoyment and exercise; Alae certainly lacked with the former, and perhaps it would be imperative in the future to start running in the early mornings once again to up the ante on her agility skills. All in all, the rain still felt pleasant, but might have made the pads upon her Secui form a little more intolerable to holding grip while the grounds were increasing soaked. If it began pouring a little heavier it would certainly make for retreating back into the more dense foliage, but then again they were storm runners. Couldn’t earn a better title than that.

Star apparently knew what she was referring to, for her directions would cause the both of them to careen around a sharp angle and continue on. Her exact coordinates made Alae assume they were going to have to do some drifting, and she easily relaxed into her slightly sharp turn as the friction from the wet soil helped give momentum to the rest of her to glide around the sharp corner with ease. There was a grin upon her maw, seeing as how she could do this a lot more on rainy days. It was a reminisce of her younger years, and for a moment was fortunate for having Star happen upon her to give her this opportunity. Things happened for a reason, and could see their friendship continue to progress in the future (if Star happened to make the switch to their newer pack, which they were both unaware of during this time).

They had been running for quite sometime now, and it was instinctive and routine for Alae to wonder when the ending point of the track would near. She would run for as long as she could, despite herself getting slightly winded.

[/html]