i microfoam styrowave.
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... d/rawr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:160px; background-position:top center; background-color:#FEFEFE">

This thread is BACKDATED to shortly after Inferni and the first packs formed. Anselm will not yet smell of Inferni in this thread. Short posts preferred, I'd mostly like to keep this moving. Only one or two others, please. :]

------When Gabriel and Faolin were nowhere to be found, he had revised his plan somewhat. Originally he intended to report his findings on Twilight Vale before checking out the other packs' activity. Naniko had already told him that there were a couple more. Anyway, he had no reason to worry about keeping his facts straight--the hybrid was gifted (or maybe cursed) with a sharp mind, and he would readily absorb and retain whatever was thrown at him.
------Deliberately he had spent little time within Inferni's borders. Once neither leader could be spotted he bolted, opting for neutral lands that would mask his scent. This would be key on these preliminary scouting trips--later he would snoop around on his own, but for now he wished to talk to whoever was available and willing to give him information. Today's travels took him to one of the packs nearer Inferni, and as he approached the borders he kept his head, tail, and ears respectfully low. With polite, curious interest, he padded along the perimeter without trespassing, much as any prospective joiner might do. He even sent out a pretty little call, designed to attract attention and keep him from looking shady.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

OOC: I'll assume this happens straight after Lubo joins SS, therefore he is still trying to find his feet

Lubomir was still trying to find his way around. He was a bit confused as to where exactly the territory ended and what he could do to make sure he'd be seen as a valuable member. All in all, he found the other pack members reasonable and some quite enjoyable. The quiet Skoll was an eloquent example. He was deep in his thoughts when the call came and he picked up the pace, so that by the time he'd reached the newcomer, he was panting slightly. Obviously still weary from his long trip, he called out,

'Greetings, stranger. You are about to enter Shadowed Sun territory. Are you lost, per chance?' Lubomir couldn't trace any scent anyway, so perhaps Anselm was safer than he'd thought. For now, he was content to give out directions. Or perhaps welcome him to the pack, if he wished to join.

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... d/rawr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:160px; background-position:top center; background-color:#FEFEFE">

------It didn't take too long for a wolf to respond to his call. Immediately Anselm began to look the stranger over, although he avoided eye contact and made it appear strictly casual. A quick glance was all he needed--the guy seemed a bit winded, and for a fleeting instant he felt guilty about yanking this guy's chain. He had ran all the way here, just for him? What a waste--well, not for Anselm. Immediately he was offered more information than he had before--the name of the pack. Shadowed Sun. Righto.
------"Quite the contrary," he assured the wolf. "I have lived in these lands for several moons already, but lately there has been an influx of wolves. I'm just trying to get to know my new neighbours better. Were you with the groups that emigrated from over the mountain?" he asked, tone innocent and neutral. After all, it was far from a total lie... or even a lie at all. He had always preferred lying by omission, of course. He also managed to wheedle in some information that he already knew--if somebody had told him that much, he was more likely to appear trustworthy. Maintaining his submissive posture, he took a brief moment to glance questioningly into the woods behind his new-found encyclopaedia of Shadowed Sun: Lubomir.

[/html]
[html]

http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px;" align="center">

Lubomir looked at the wolf with interest. Outside of Shadowed Sun members, he'd had little contact with these new wolves and he felt weary of saying something offensive. On the other hand, this one seemed harmless. And curious. Nothing wrong with curiosity, right?

'Then surely you would know more than I. Unlike you, I have been here for too few changes of the sun to know much. I do not know of any group. I have crossed mountains, but not those you speak of.' He was fairly sure he was giving away something, but this wasn't vital information. These were just things about him, things Skoll and Pilot knew of. It was hardly classified information. 'I am Lubomir Varg. And you?' Lubomir sat down. It looked like he'd be chatting with this wolf for a while.

[/html]
[html]

Ugh, sorry about the wait. -Tends to fail over weekends, especially.- >>;

------Drat. It didn't seem like this wolf had been involved in the fire or knew much about anything. His feigned polite smile remained, however, and he didn't bat an eye. It wouldn't do to look disgusted or disappointed--the other male might catch on. All of a sudden, the "other male" became "Lubomir Varg." Well now, that was a weird one--he had no idea what sort of origin it had or what it might mean. Frankly, he didn't really care. Rather than dwell on something so insignificant, he readily responded with his alter-ego's name: "Joule." It was the same one he had given Naniko and countless wolves in the past. Eventually it would need to be phased out... or maybe it just wouldn't matter. Nobody outside of Inferni's ranks really had a reason to know who he was, anyway.
------"Well, if you'd like to know anything, feel free to ask," he offered. Depending on the questions, maybe Lubomir would get some answers. Otherwise, he might get some answers, but they wouldn't necessarily be accurate. "Surely you know some of your new brethren, however," he suggested. "Or even what they stand for. After all, it wouldn't make sense to align oneself with others without knowing something about them." Phrased innocently, he made it seem as though he himself was simply trying to figure out the new packs... it would be reasonable to assume he was trying to pick one of the new ones to join himself. It was a gentle prod as he aimed to steer the conversation--he was grabbing around in the dark here, but this guy *had* to know more than he thought he did. Or at the very least, more than Anselm himself.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: lol, no worries ^_^

Joule. Lubomir wasn't sure he could properly pronounce the name, but he nodded in consent nonetheless. He was too polite to ask if "Joule" had a surname to go with it and frankly, if he didn't, why incur the wrath of a wolf out of so trivial a matter? And when the offer for more information came, Lubomir was quick to seize it. After all, why not find out about others? He knew that Tayui and Pilot, even Skoll, would gladly give him the information. Lubomir just didn't know how to ask. 'Are there any other packs? If there are as many wolves as you speak of, then surely we are not the only ones.'

It was an innocent question. Perhaps the wolf wanted to join them. Surely it would do no harm to tell him what they were about. Not everything, of course, mainly because Lubomir himself didn't know that much. But he could share the love for knowledge with another soul. 'An easier question. We thrive on knowledge. We believe in learning, in storing and sharing the stories our forefathers gave us. We live to protect all wolves who share our ideals, all who wish to contribute to a greater understanding of everything around us. I am merely a newcomer, Pilot and Tayui would certainly know more. If you wish to join us, they would answer your every question. What skills do you have, Joule?' Sometimes, it was almost amusing to see how his eloquence could lead him into trouble.

[/html]
[html]

-Also fails when she doesn't have internet because Verizon sucks.- |:

------"There are two or three so far, all south west of here," he responded helpfully, although somewhat intentionally vague. Inferni was more west than south, but he really didn't want to speak of Inferni's existence, much less its actual location. His existing knowledge was still somewhat shaky, and he embraced this now as he played the part of the fictitious Joule. As far as "Joule" was concerned, there was no reason for him to know that much yet anyway.
------Even so, he was learning more. Their pack's concept, frankly, intrigued him--he was rather preoccupied with learning new things, himself. New skills, understanding of current events, and even new knowledge in general was how he generally got his kicks. In a different life (Joule's life?), maybe he just would have been interested in joining. Maybe it would be better to expand his horizons a little and focus on something other than his paranoid spying. But no... he was Anselm de le Poer, not Joule. As much as he was interested in this alter-ego of his, he knew it was unrealistic and he couldn't appear too interested. He had to stay casually interested, at best... after all, he eventually would need to wheedle his way out of here.

------Fortunately, Joule was a dynamic character. Although Anselm may have been entirely suited for their pack in some alternate universe, he could craft Joule so that he was not. This would make slipping away easier. As far as he was concerned, he had the names of what were probably the leaders (Tayui and Pilot), and he knew that the pack was more concerned with knowledge than fighting, it seemed. For now, he put on a slightly disappointed but still friendly face. "Ah, I'm afraid I'm not too much of a story teller or scholar," he confessed. "I am mostly a simple traveller," he asserted, which was at least halfway truthful. He was intelligent and he enjoyed practical knowledge, but he wasn't very gifted at sharing it with others. Travelling had been his thing in recent months, too... simple was an all out lie, but whatever.

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Another couple replies should do, I think. Feel free to oppose my view XD

Lubomir had joined Shadowed Sun because otherwise he would have died. That they fitted so well was merely a coincidence. He regarded Joule with interest. There was something vaguely strange about the wolf, but Lubomir was not one to cavil and really, he had no right to feel distrust. Being a reasonable wolf (this was all in Lubomir's mind, his fear of becoming a mindless blood-thirsty creature keeping him rational), he had always tried to see reason in others. And certainly "Joule" was no different. 'I believe you underestimate yourself, Joule. You certainly have my curiosity piqued with your comment on packs. I would have assumed... oh but that would again be a mistake. Travellers do not always speak to the packs.' He shook his head and tried to sort out his thoughts.

He knew far too little of the workings of what had been before to understand threats, politics and war. Even if he'd known about Inferni and their policy he still would have been at a loss, his belief in rationality and peace so strong that it nearly blinded him. Even if he'd known about "Joule"'s true identity, his almost naive attitude would have made him be just as friendly. 'I wish there was something I could do to ease your travels, Joule. I understand that you do not wish to join us but perhaps you might change your mind? Shadowed Sun would welcome scouts and healers too, I am sure.' His naivete would cost him one day. He just wasn't aware of it, that's all.

[/html]
[html]
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s304 ... pd/run.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:165px; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#C6EDFA;">
Inspiration plummeted the past couple of weeks, I hope you don't mind if we just end this here. >_o -Feels a bit better today, but wants to wrap up older stuff so she can move on.- x_x

>>>>>A bird chirped in the distance, and Anselm craned his head around and away from Lubomir to look at it. For a fleeting instant, an agitated glint shown in his gaze as he stared off in its direction--although by the time he looked back down towards his company, it was gone. Lubomir was no longer telling him anything useful, and his interest had rather exponentially plummeted. Now, he was just wasting time here, and the wolf was babbling on about travellers and packs. Smiling somewhat, he shook his head and 'cheerfully' dismissed Lubomir's 'presumptuous mistake.' Whatever.
>>>>>He had about as much information as he supposed he was going to get--it was time to leave. But first... "No worries, good fellow," he reassured him. "I shall certainly keep your pack in mind if I choose to settle in somewhere," he noted, with a friendly wink. "You adhere to a unique and respectful philosophy, indeed." Truth, and the only real compliment he'd given anyone or anything. "But for now, I must be off. I promised a friend I would meet her by sunset." It had gotten late in the day, but hell if he had any obligations. Still, the excuse would do. With that, 'Joule' bowed deeply to his host and travelled back at an angle to the direction from whence he came.
[/html]